Planning to retire

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Post by souness » May 28, 2008, 10:46 am

ps bob22 is the nice guy john 5001 the wa-ker in case you thought id mixed them up,haha!

sean

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » May 28, 2008, 11:27 am

Agree that the minority of low life farangs present problems for all farangs living in Udon (and Thailand) - especially those with families.

I cringe at the behaviour of some and hope that Thai's dont judge me on that basis.

Equally, it is very unfair to paint all Thai's (especially women) with the same brush, as all are not mercenaries purely in it for the money.

I had a long time girlfriend from Nhong Kai - sweet as honey and as honest and hard-working as they come - a treasure for any man.

She now lives in England, but we are on very good terms.

The loyalty of a good Thai woman would be hard to beat anywhere on this planet. But there are "bad" ones - caveat emptor.

Unfortunately, the world is a very small place now, and (baby boomer) farangs worldwide are looking for "shangri-la" to retire to - Udon is now fair and square in their sights.

You cannot stop them coming, but I hope that your impecable behaviour (in front of your families) will cause them to improve their poor behaviour.

Noted recently in Phuket that local farangs travel with Police as "Volunteer Police Assistant" - a good way of helping poorly behaved farangs to see that they are being boorish by any standard. Is there such a system in Udon?

I sincerly hope that Udon prospers and that the proper behaviour of forum members living there will cause local Thai's to understand that not all farangs are "bad".

My understanding and attitude to Thai's has improved over the years - a good thing for me.

Best wishes to all and your families.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 28, 2008, 11:43 am

hmm, now how come i couldn't say that in 6 lines, instead of my mini novels
Because you are a self centered egotistical, love to hear yourself talk, me me me, pompous, pious a-hole.
Yea, what he said
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hey, who said that? show yourselves. 8)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 28, 2008, 12:53 pm

Noted recently in Phuket that local farangs travel with Police as "Volunteer Police Assistant" - a good way of helping poorly behaved farangs to see that they are being boorish by any standard. Is there such a system in Udon?

I think that the local Tourist Police are in the process of setting up some type of similar arrangement, where long stay farang (with a good record !! :shock: ), are co-opted to help out.

OFF TO GET ME JACKBOOTS :lol:

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 28, 2008, 2:55 pm

im with you papa, 100% , i came here to settle down, enjoy my hard earned retirement and eventually die here . i have no desire to leave thailand, and i love this part of thailand. ive noticed since ive been here that there is an eliment of farang now that thinks udon is a cheaper version of patters, i never saw udon as a party town myself , but i think that as a lot of the girls in the bars in patters and phuket ect come from this part of the country, its bringing that undesireable element up here. on another thread ( farang skips town) theres mention of the local police having a crack down on these types, and i for one hope they come down hard on them. however with many new bars opening up and the new day night centre i think the situation will only get worse. lets face it udon is a lot cheaper that the sex tourist traps in the south. i only hope im wrong !!!!!!!!!!!

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 28, 2008, 4:05 pm

Aircraftdoc wrote:
AMEN papaguido
saint wrote:im with you papa, 100%
Kudjap wrote:Papa,
I think you've said it all in a few lines there, well written.
ricohoc wrote:That says it all, Rito!

Mai pen rai LA...i did read your extensive novel and thought it said it all too ......eventually. :lol:

laphanpon wrote: hmm, now how come i couldn't say that in 6 lines, instead of my mini novels
laphanpon wrote: Because you are a self centered egotistical, love to hear yourself talk, me me me, pompous, pious a-hole.

Yea, what he said
: =D> =D> =D> =D>
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hey, who said that? show yourselves.
You talking to yourself...? :lol:

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 28, 2008, 4:54 pm

not himself, its the voices in his head. :lol: :lol: . gotta get me some valium.

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » May 28, 2008, 4:59 pm

I will have to disagree with most of you.
The guy expressed an opinion, I have seen many worse, and everyone attacked him for it.
Disagree with him, make your point of view, no problem but leave out the personal stuff!
Come on chaps we are all here learning every day no matter how long we have been here.
Free the Doug 1

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 28, 2008, 5:05 pm

must be those mutliple personalies. i really don't mind, but a wish a couple would start contributing some baht if they're going to criticise me.

if you can't criticize yourself, you can't grow.

i did notice none of them mentioned 'handsome'. self engrossed with themselves.

one of them must of misplaced my meds :shock: 8)

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 28, 2008, 5:11 pm

nop, he didnt just express an opinion, he insulted all thai woman, as my wife is a thai woman , he insulted her, if thats not personal, you tell me what is. if he did that in the street he would be on his a~se. no mistake. theres diddly squat i could learn from that man, except maybe how to be a complete pratt. but ill pass on that one.

john5001
udonmap.com

Post by john5001 » May 28, 2008, 5:34 pm

Not an issue for me that a few peeps here are practising the holier than thou theme.

I have a sneaky suspicion that jumping on the bandwagon for comments is somehow entertaining for some, but a sad waste of space on the forum.

I have been to Udon a few times, and know people working here who share my views.
Trolling is not something I subscribe to. I don't care if you believe this or not.

I am coming out in 2 weeks so will get to meet you all :lol:

Again not bothered if people are friendly oe not as many many farangs are setlling in Udon weather you like it or not. :D

I need to find a bar called MOJOS, as I have yet to visit a farangs bar.

My name is not BOB or John.......

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » May 28, 2008, 5:57 pm

Open up Mr. whomever, whats your real name.? when you're here how will we know who to steer clear of if we don't know your name..........

john5001
udonmap.com

Post by john5001 » May 28, 2008, 6:16 pm

Yorkshire accent but there again you should be in the Derbt and Joan club discussing how your little petty lives.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 28, 2008, 6:21 pm

Whats Derbt and Joan..?

Kenn
udonmap.com

Post by Kenn » May 28, 2008, 6:36 pm

john5001

Okay whatever Dude, Have Fun......I just hope you won

john5001
udonmap.com

Post by john5001 » May 28, 2008, 6:55 pm

Wonder if you will be singing the same song several years down the line?? When the time to pay for the present has arrived. :D

This is why so many defensive ( or should that be offensive ) comments are in abundance here!!

tingtongfalang
udonmap.com

Post by tingtongfalang » May 28, 2008, 10:06 pm

Roy wrote:I will have to disagree with most of you.
The guy expressed an opinion, I have seen many worse, and everyone attacked him for it.
Disagree with him, make your point of view, no problem but leave out the personal stuff!
Come on chaps we are all here learning every day no matter how long we have been here.
Yeah, what Roy said.

john5001
udonmap.com

Post by john5001 » May 28, 2008, 10:29 pm

Behaviour breeds behaviour

Did try and make a point, but in the end after endless crap spouted by many in this thread, you do get tired of trying to keep it on a mature level.

Some here need to know the truth...

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 28, 2008, 10:54 pm

your name could be jesus christ, but to me you will always be a dick. mr head.

Bob22
udonmap.com

Post by Bob22 » May 29, 2008, 2:41 am

souness
Just caught up with the forum again. I am NOT john. I only made a post because I will be there in August. I don't need to defend myself to you but I don't want to start of on the wrong foot owing to some idiot who casts doubt on all new posters because he has not got the guts to be his own man. I will be looking to meet some members when I visit. There is no way I can prove who I am (or not) so you will need to take me as you find me if or when we meet. In the meantime I have respect for most of my existing friends both Thai and falang in BKK and UT. I am not a mug but I do believe that in a lot of cases a Thai GF does need some genuine support if only because of the faxt that she associates with falangs and the stigma that can cause in the Thai community.

Return to “Relationships”