Planning to retire

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
Kenn
udonmap.com

Post by Kenn » May 27, 2008, 11:02 pm

From the ever entertaining john5001
I am not cynical but is criticism such a bad thing? without it, nothing in this world would progress.
But I am not a loser just cautious and cynical.

so are you cynical or not :? :shock:

i am thinking just a loser , but i could be wrong....doubt it though
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aircraftdoc
udonmap.com

Post by Aircraftdoc » May 28, 2008, 5:40 am

John 5001 says: Aircraftdoc look in the mirror easy to see whu came to LOS....

To John 5001:

I am not retired in LOS yet but will be soon because I love the people, climate, food, lifestyle and my extended family. As for looking in the mirror I'm all smiles because my wife (34 years now) is from Thailand..........

You have a lot to learn and will eventually--but probably the hard way

Aircraftdoc
udonmap.com

Post by Aircraftdoc » May 28, 2008, 5:41 am

OH BY THE WAY JOHN5001

BRING LOTS OF BAHT YOU'RE GONNA NEED IT

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Post by Ricohoc » May 28, 2008, 6:39 am

Aircraftdoc wrote:I am not retired in LOS yet but will be soon because I love the people, climate, food, lifestyle
And for that, you are da man! 8)

I agree completely.

NOTE: I am not cynical at all. :lol:

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 28, 2008, 6:51 am

What do you need a 5 year old for,you have yourself to make dumb remarks!There is definitely nothing wrong with some cynicism and caution,especially since you don't seem to understand the culture or the nature of the Thais.

You sound to me like someone that is only a taker and not interested in giving!Or maybe you have spent to much time online chatting with the girls both talking with the pros and possibly some legits!

The key thing that you are not hep to is the Thai woman is not looking for ''the great lover'' or a nice handsome poor man,their first concern is security for themselves and their family.If they could find the security and respect in a Thai man,they probably would not be talking to you for any reason other than practicing English or learning about other ways of life!

Some of the legits online are possibly caught in the class system and want something higher classed relating that to income!Many are with children and therefore not elgible for Thai men that prefer virgins for wives!

What some might or might not be aware of,is that they will sacrifice much in the thoughts of many Thais as they are seen in the company of farangs,especially older falangs!

But,I doubt you are really interested in any of that as you sound like someone determined to exploit w/o being exploited!

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Post by Ricohoc » May 28, 2008, 7:00 am

someone determined to exploit w/o being exploited!
I think there's a new log on name in there for someone ...

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » May 28, 2008, 7:37 am

Well you asked for a honest answer you got one and total ignored it. It appears that the real purpose is an argument well you have found one. Have fun I will pass.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » May 28, 2008, 7:48 am

While John5001's initial email was a bit naive and insensitive, I think he only explicitly stated what many members overtly refer to under the general heading of "WBU".

I enjoy this site very much and get great pleasure from the comments of the ex-pats who live in Udon, I also understand their desire to protect what they percieve as their "sanctuary" and "secret part of Thailand".

However, I must also voice my obervation that there does seem to be a "moral minority", a group of self appointed guardians, whose role seems to be to attack anybody that does not conform to their unpublished rules and expected norms of behaviour.

You do not own Udon and do not decide who should live there, and many could legimately question your motivation for living in Udon.

I am always suspect of the motivation of those inclned to outbursts of self rightous indignation and moral outrage.

While John5001 may not have a good perspective, he made some valid points and does not deserve the abuse heaped on him by some of the more pious in society.

Far better to address his shortcomings with logic and forebearance - that way we might all learn a little more about the subject matter, instead of just learning a better insult and put down.

"A wise man can make more from the words of a fool, than a fool can make of the words of a wise man"

And finally, please forgive my ignorance, but what the hell is a troll?

RALPHCUSENS
udonmap.com

Post by RALPHCUSENS » May 28, 2008, 7:54 am

John5001' (TROLL)

The nameless,
The faceless,
The friendless,
The womanless,
The brainless,
The tackless,
The wittless,
The shameless.

There must be a lot more less's that you could be called, once again, if ever a troll has posted on the forum this is one!

Keep taking the happy pills, or is it smarties the give you in kindergarten? :D

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » May 28, 2008, 7:59 am

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » May 28, 2008, 8:05 am

Damn a troll has deleted my troll page!

RALPHCUSENS
udonmap.com

Post by RALPHCUSENS » May 28, 2008, 8:07 am

ronan01 wrote:While John5001's initial email was a bit naive and insensitive, I think he only explicitly stated what many members overtly refer to under the general heading of "WBU".

I enjoy this site very much and get great pleasure from the comments of the ex-pats who live in Udon, I also understand their desire to protect what they percieve as their "sanctuary" and "secret part of Thailand".

However, I must also voice my obervation that there does seem to be a "moral minority", a group of self appointed guardians, whose role seems to be to attack anybody that does not conform to their unpublished rules and expected norms of behaviour.

You do not own Udon and do not decide who should live there, and many could legimately question your motivation for living in Udon.

I am always suspect of the motivation of those inclned to outbursts of self rightous indignation and moral outrage.

While John5001 may not have a good perspective, he made some valid points and does not deserve the abuse heaped on him by some of the more pious in society.

Far better to address his shortcomings with logic and forebearance - that way we might all learn a little more about the subject matter, instead of just learning a better insult and put down.

"A wise man can make more from the words of a fool, than a fool can make of the words of a wise man"

I would agree 100% with you under normal circumstances, however, the posts of John5001, have been such, that he deserves everything he gets, he has bee confrontional and insulting in the majority of his posts.

My interpretation of a Troll is; one that post on the forum with the sole intent of winding others up,

troll
1. v.,n. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 28, 2008, 9:38 am

"pious" :shock: i'm scared to look that one up. not sure if my self image can take it. :D :D

actually, i'm sure many or all, agree, some of his points are valid, since most have graduated or posssible still working on the doctorate at WBU. i believe the offensive part is the generalization of ALL or ANY thai lady is worthy of his company. obviously all generalizations have that problem. and a couple, more tolerant than myself, did try to point out, once here, it's very possible to find a companion or partner for life that doesn't want to steal your money and bump you off. do to many factors, though universal, as all women and men from every country are the same, that may take some time, especially since finances and cultural differences are definitely going to play a role. if we were all percieved as millionairs in our home country, we would have the same problem here, sorting through the lasses that throw themselves at us, and their motives.

why are most of us here, a better living standard, financially, than maybe available in our own country. for myself, it is just that, finances and the availability of younger woman who will tolerate me, and, not necessarily in that order. take away a couple big expenses from the states, primarily taxes, school/real estate plus the lack for medical insurance, well for me, and i save considerable amount of money every month. and the luxuary of streamlining my medical cost to fit me, not the HMO or medicare available in states, which offers about the same care as here at 10 times the price. without those bills, and since everything else is about the same cost, or just a tad cheaper, in my opinion, as the states. i can afford to eat in restaurant everyday, take 3 month vacation at the beach every year, if i can squeeze it in. that's staying at or within walking distance of the beach, not a half mile inland at roadside hotel.

finance and younger partner for life, that doesn't make me feel old, like my peer group in states, and again, not necessarily in that order, is quite a bit of motivation to retire here.

people with john5001 opinions and mindset should simply stay a sex tourist and go to the designated areas for that. pattaya is his kind of place, probably cheaper and more available people to try to con. i love you, i will take care of you and family, then in month or so, when he is found to be a fraud, he can move on to the the next. i prefer his mindset not to disturb my living enviroment, we have enough of that already. i/we invest allot in our future retirement and speak up when necessary in an attempt to keep things the way we, and our hospitable host like it.

there are designated areas of the country for part timers, if you are not going to invest and commit to your future here, we simply suggest, go to your designated entertainment venue, as we are trying to keep udon out of that catagory, along with the element it brings with it. there is plenty here already, really don't need any more.

just my opinion. 8)

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » May 28, 2008, 9:43 am

ronan01 wrote:While John5001's initial email was a bit naive and insensitive, I think he only explicitly stated what many members overtly refer to under the general heading of "WBU".

No we don't own this town, but people like me who choose to live and raise a family here become very defensive of those whose only desire is to "play games". And yes this is my sanctuary, my little piece of heaven and I don't want to see it spoiled by those scumbags who are only here on holiday passing through and leaving bad impressions in the minds of the local community. Their negative actions left in their wake reflect on those of us who make Udon our home.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » May 28, 2008, 9:58 am

hmm, now how come i couldn't say that in 6 lines, instead of my mini novels :shock: :lol: :lol: 8)

Aircraftdoc
udonmap.com

Post by Aircraftdoc » May 28, 2008, 10:01 am

=D> =D> =D>

AMEN papaguido

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Post by Ricohoc » May 28, 2008, 10:10 am

That says it all, Rito!
=D> =D> =D>

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » May 28, 2008, 10:40 am

Papa,
I think you've said it all in a few lines there, well written. I sincerely hope this John dollop reads your post and keeps the f**k away from Udon. Trying to give him a little guidance is like ](*,)

Is there any more to add to this thread, I think not....................
=D> =D> =D>

souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Post by souness » May 28, 2008, 10:43 am

as im due in udon in 10 or so weeks ive been following this topic with great intrst.
i think rallph is the one that has it all sussed.
john5001 and bob22 are the same person.
one is a nice guy the other is a wan-er but the styles of writng are exactly the same.
john5001 posts for a few days then goes quiet.
then bob22 posts and then john5001 again whilst bob is quiet.
its just some saddo tryng to winde you regulars up !
100% certain its a troll,dont waste youre time replyng.
im from a rough area of liverpool and scallys like this stand out a mile.

sean

donthani
udonmap.com

Post by donthani » May 28, 2008, 10:43 am

troll song(you know who you are) ????
song to the tune of I'm a lumber jack and I'm O.K
I'm a cyber troll and I'm okay,
I troll all night and I flame all day.

He's a cyber troll and he's okay,
He trolls all night and he flames all day.

I set my sites, on a friendly folk,
I know they all hate me
On forums I go trolling
And catch some pawns for tea

He sets his sites, on friendly folk
He knows they all hate he.
On forums he goes trolling
And catches pawns for tea

He's a cyber troll, and he's okay,

I wreck their threads, give them the hump
I laugh as sites turn sour.
I put on my disguises,
And screw around for hours.

He wrecks their threads, gives them the hump
He laughs as sites turn sour
He puts on his disguises
And screws around for hours

He's a cyber troll, and he's okay,

I break down threads, I rant and rave,
Got twelve identities
And no one knows my gender
Or knows just who I be

He breaks down threads he rants and raves
Got twelve identities
And no one knows his gender
Or knows just who he be

He's a cyber troll, and he's OKAAAAAAAAAAYYY.
He trolls all night and he flames all day :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “Relationships”