Passing of Erwin Faber

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Passing of Erwin Faber

Post by FrazeeDK » May 8, 2024, 7:16 pm

Long time resident Erwin Faber passed away a few days ago at the age of 86. His funeral was in Wat Photivararam at noontime today. Erwin had "Erwin Bungalows" back in the late 90's down beside Wat Pho behind the Paradise Hotel. In its day, not a bad place at all. He later opened a bar on Soi Samphan which I believe today is the Pfalz.

RIP Erwin..

Dave

Fuzzy Ken
udonmap.com

Re: Passing of Erwin Faber

Post by Fuzzy Ken » May 12, 2024, 12:00 pm

I was somewhat saddened to learn of the passing of Erwin.

His Bungalows, situated on the narrow road running along the rear of AEK Udon Hospital were well established and operated, for a good many years, possibly as far back as the 1980s, with some efficiency by Erwin and his wife.

However, at some point, he opened his Café/Bar/Motorbike rental business on Soi Sampan and may, at that time, parted with his Bungalows. Erwin and I were on a sort of “friendly nodding acquaintance” and were never quite sure whether he spoke English. However, no matter, he was one of the more colorful characters that made Udon interesting, and as said, sorry that he has gone.

I would be interested to know whether the Bungalows are still available, possibly owned/managed by his wife.

RIP Erwin
Fuzzyken

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Passing of Erwin Faber

Post by FrazeeDK » May 12, 2024, 7:29 pm

His wife Sri still owns the bungalows and her eldest daughter runs them..
Dave

Return to “Open Forum”