Best burgers in Udon

General Udon Thani topics only!
Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 5433
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by Whistler » February 8, 2024, 9:03 pm

BD, an impressive culinary balancing act. Any estimates of cholesterol or calorific properties?


I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 15977
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by jackspratt » February 8, 2024, 9:16 pm

Even more importantly, would Clive's impressive burger still be hot and edible by the time it was transported in a nipple pink insulated box on the back of a Food Panda motorbike, from Ban Dung to Udon Thani? :-k
Food-Panda.jpg

User avatar
Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com
Posts: 3592
Joined: July 10, 2005, 8:53 am
Location: Ban Dung or Perth W.A.

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 9, 2024, 4:41 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 8, 2024, 9:03 pm
BD, an impressive culinary balancing act. Any estimates of cholesterol or calorific properties?
Hey, we're talking about burgers = who cares!!
Just ask the customers of MacDonald's, Burger K ing and the like. They wouldn't give a toss. You better stick to your home care being so paranoid!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 5433
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by Whistler » February 9, 2024, 9:14 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
February 9, 2024, 4:41 pm
Whistler wrote:
February 8, 2024, 9:03 pm
BD, an impressive culinary balancing act. Any estimates of cholesterol or calorific properties?
Hey, we're talking about burgers = who cares!!
Just ask the customers of MacDonald's, Burger K ing and the like. They wouldn't give a toss. You better stick to your home care being so paranoid!
Really? Been in a Macca's in the last 10 years? Not only customers, but governments do give a toss.

Larger fast food outlet's in many countries are required by law to display calories on every one of their menus. In response, smart companies like McDonalds have changed their menu, offering a range of healthy alternatives. Consumers have noticed this and have welcomed these choices by opening their wallets to buy lower calorie alternatives.

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms ... 2&dpr=1.88

So not only do the customers disagree with you so do McDonalds.

Ta for the warning about being paranoid and in home care but once again, you have missed the mark with a lame insult. Have you thought about making your views known without the unnecessary need to take a cheap shot. Many of us moved to Thailand to have a great alternative for the last chapter of our life, yet the expat community here seems to be over populated by angry old men that revel in being as nasty as possible. Relax, we are are here to enjoy our twilight years, not having to deal with this sort of negativity.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 17032
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by tamada » February 10, 2024, 2:39 am

This pot, kettle moment brought to you by...
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 7714
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by Khun Paul » February 10, 2024, 6:51 am

This post has degenerated from the sublime to the ridiculous .
Most of us with a brain know that in actual fact from a healthy point of view that burgers unless made ion the confines of your own kitchen with the best ingredients etc are not really healthy for those who calorie count etc.
IT IS WHAT IT IS fast food normally tasty and at a reasonable price, there are differences of course, but generally same same from all major burger joints .
You only have to look at the state of a man who dines on burgers everyday, look at his weight and health issues and you know that diet is NOT good.
Bottom line is if you like them eat them once you are past 70+ what the calorific count and healthy eating count is will make almost no difference to your longevity ./ which makes the current spat over them a pointless exercise

User avatar
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com
Posts: 9093
Joined: February 7, 2007, 9:12 am
Location: ขอนแก่น

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 10, 2024, 10:01 am

Whistler wrote:
February 9, 2024, 9:14 pm
Bandung_Dero wrote:
February 9, 2024, 4:41 pm
Whistler wrote:
February 8, 2024, 9:03 pm
BD, an impressive culinary balancing act. Any estimates of cholesterol or calorific properties?
Hey, we're talking about burgers = who cares!!
Just ask the customers of MacDonald's, Burger K ing and the like. They wouldn't give a toss. You better stick to your home care being so paranoid!
Really? Been in a Macca's in the last 10 years? Not only customers, but governments do give a toss.

Larger fast food outlet's in many countries are required by law to display calories on every one of their menus. In response, smart companies like McDonalds have changed their menu, offering a range of healthy alternatives. Consumers have noticed this and have welcomed these choices by opening their wallets to buy lower calorie alternatives.

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms ... 2&dpr=1.88

So not only do the customers disagree with you so do McDonalds.

Ta for the warning about being paranoid and in home care but once again, you have missed the mark with a lame insult. Have you thought about making your views known without the unnecessary need to take a cheap shot. Many of us moved to Thailand to have a great alternative for the last chapter of our life, yet the expat community here seems to be over populated by angry old men that revel in being as nasty as possible. Relax, we are are here to enjoy our twilight years, not having to deal with this sort of negativity.
[Redacted by Moderator]

Speaking of burgers, I would like a cheeseburger with tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce but not today as there is healthy food to be had on Chinese New Year (Kung Hei Fat Choi), and Vietnamese Tet.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 6788
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by Doodoo » February 10, 2024, 10:05 am

"You only have to look at the state of a man who dines on burgers everyday, look at his weight and health issues and you know that diet is NOT good."
Warren Buffet (Billionaire) Donald Trump (Billionaire), How many McDonalds locations are in the world? 2020: 39,198 total restaurants; 2019: ... McDonald’s number of customers: 25 million customers served daily.
BUT
https://www.eatthis.com/news-dangerous- ... every-day/

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 4388
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by Barney » February 10, 2024, 10:56 am

Laan Yaa Mo,
Good post.
I think you have bought a new deep thinking perspective to eating burgers in Udon.
Inward reflection by some may uncover an unconscious bias.

https://youtu.be/bESOHhaSWCI?si=GtTtlcw7eT4_kdLD

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1435680796573558

User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 3984
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by noosard » February 10, 2024, 11:18 am


User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 15977
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by jackspratt » February 10, 2024, 10:02 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 10, 2024, 9:44 pm
[Post removed by Moderator]
Nor thin-skinned hypocrites, it seems.

Meanwhile, I enjoyed a lovely burger last night at Joy's Coffee House in Ban Dung. Nowhere as majestic as the Leaning Tower of Calories kindly posted by the Dero, but far more affordable at THB120.

Of course, like most of the posts on this thread, this doesn't advance the OP's search for the "Best burger(s) in Udon". ;)

User avatar
Udon Map
Admin
Posts: 2789
Joined: July 31, 2013, 7:57 pm

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by Udon Map » February 11, 2024, 6:04 am

Off topic posts removed.

User avatar
Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com
Posts: 3592
Joined: July 10, 2005, 8:53 am
Location: Ban Dung or Perth W.A.

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 11, 2024, 7:05 pm

@Udon Map.
IMHO, you would be better served by shopping for a real moderator eg. Bob Helm's clone rather than doing it your self. = splat, erased
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 5433
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by Whistler » February 11, 2024, 9:08 pm

My vote, for what it is worth is the udon map has the balance as close as is possible. He has left some disparaging posts of my goodself to be published, his call, I might disagree but the mod puts in the effort, time and money on this site. Entitled to his call and ignore the peanut gallery
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 2021
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by pipoz4444 » February 11, 2024, 10:23 pm

Get as much fun as you need out of a Hardees

Somewhere between 780 to 820 calories depending on the burger choice at around TB 270, delivered \:D/ \:D/

Hardies.png
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

BobZubali
udonmap.com
Posts: 49
Joined: December 3, 2023, 4:56 am

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by BobZubali » February 12, 2024, 3:23 am

Has anyone declared they're a veghead to NOBODY who's interested in this thread yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com
Posts: 9093
Joined: February 7, 2007, 9:12 am
Location: ขอนแก่น

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 12, 2024, 10:34 am

BobZubali wrote:
February 12, 2024, 3:23 am
Has anyone declared they're a veghead to NOBODY who's interested in this thread yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:
A quick look at the posts suggests everyone is a meathead. Vegetarian burgers are available in Canada, and maybe they are in Udon for nobody who is interested in this thread yet.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

User avatar
grievous
udonmap.com
Posts: 635
Joined: November 28, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Udonthani

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by grievous » February 12, 2024, 8:18 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
January 26, 2024, 7:25 am
Ohม how can one comment on places one has never visited, as eating burgers is not as one might say portrays the pinnacle of gastronomic enjoyment.
BUT generally to point out exแellence you should always include the other factors even if a food is superb but the location is bad, it is needed to portray the actual situation thereby painting a picture into someone else's imagination.
I started the thread and all I wanted to know was who had the best burgers. The ambience, style, friendliness or location wasn’t part of the question.
Basically I just wanted a short list of burgers to try.
I understand everyone has a different tastes. I was interested to know opinions of who had the best burgers and why.
An opinion is just that and we can all have our own.
No one is wrong or right.

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1613
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by newtovillagelife » February 13, 2024, 6:47 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
February 12, 2024, 10:34 am
BobZubali wrote:
February 12, 2024, 3:23 am
Has anyone declared they're a veghead to NOBODY who's interested in this thread yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:
A quick look at the posts suggests everyone is a meathead. Vegetarian burgers are available in Canada, and maybe they are in Udon for nobody who is interested in this thread yet.

User avatar
docta
Udonmap Sponsor
Posts: 573
Joined: September 5, 2007, 6:54 am

Re: Best burgers in Udon

Post by docta » February 14, 2024, 8:38 pm

Hello, Hamburger lovers!!!

I've a suggestion for you ... Koala burgers and more, Burger restaurant udon thani - Facebook

Not only a 'great' variety, best priced and delicious juicy melt in your mouth burgers from chicken, pork to fish.
You can build to your online using their website with one of the delivery services.

And, they have delicious milk shakes!

I've tried many of their offers, liked them all so much called the owner; Thong, a great Thai fella and his lovely wife who both speak perfect English. Then went in to meet them at their 'very clean' medium size open very nice place of business inside Udon.

Your food is cooked right up front as you enter; again... very clean!

In any case, hope you try and enjoy as I have...
-Doc

Post Reply

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”