US Presidential election odds

Post Reply
User avatar
Stantheman
udonmap.com
Posts: 1470
Joined: February 9, 2009, 3:33 am
Location: USA (For Now)

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by Stantheman » February 9, 2024, 7:22 pm

jackspratt wrote:
February 9, 2024, 7:08 pm
glalt wrote:
February 9, 2024, 6:14 pm
IF Uncle Joe is the nominee and IF he is elected,that would be very dangerous because Kamala the air head would likely become president. That's scary indeed. Trump would be a safer choice.
Not really.

There is no indication that Kamala would try to turn American democracy on its head.

You can't say the same for Trump, who has already tried it once.
The difference is Kamala would push a California type agenda, which is very much more liberal then Bidens, but still preferred, holding my nose, over " I'll be a Dictator on Day One Trump"



User avatar
Udon Map
Admin
Posts: 2789
Joined: July 31, 2013, 7:57 pm

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by Udon Map » February 9, 2024, 7:29 pm

Stantheman wrote:
February 9, 2024, 7:22 pm
jackspratt wrote:
February 9, 2024, 7:08 pm
glalt wrote:
February 9, 2024, 6:14 pm
IF Uncle Joe is the nominee and IF he is elected,that would be very dangerous because Kamala the air head would likely become president. That's scary indeed. Trump would be a safer choice.
Not really.

There is no indication that Kamala would try to turn American democracy on its head.

You can't say the same for Trump, who has already tried it once.
The difference is Kamala would push a California type agenda, which is very much more liberal then Bidens, but still preferred, holding my nose, over " I'll be a Dictator on Day One Trump"
I disagree. I don't think that she'd push a California-like agenda. Nor do I think that she'd push an America First agenda. She'd push a Kamala First agenda.

I can't stand her.

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 5433
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by Whistler » February 9, 2024, 10:44 pm

Amen to that UM. I wonder if there will be any action to enact provisions to remove Biden pre November? I don't think he is bad man, but too many gaffes to deny he has lost the plot.

Trump not that far off either, does it come down to this

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=there+coming+ ... Fn36l_z3WY
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 17032
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by tamada » February 10, 2024, 2:35 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 9, 2024, 7:08 pm
glalt wrote:
February 9, 2024, 6:14 pm
IF Uncle Joe is the nominee and IF he is elected,that would be very dangerous because Kamala the air head would likely become president. That's scary indeed. Trump would be a safer choice.
Not really.

There is no indication that Kamala would try to turn American democracy on its head.

You can't say the same for Trump, who has already tried it once.
Got to agree. The "but Kamala" argument doesn't carry nearly the same weight as "but Hillary" or "but Obama".

Or "but Trump" for that matter.

TBH, Trump's effort to "turn American democracy on its head" only happened after he had lost the election, not during his four years in office.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 17032
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by tamada » February 10, 2024, 2:37 am

Udon Map wrote:
February 9, 2024, 7:29 pm
Stantheman wrote:
February 9, 2024, 7:22 pm
jackspratt wrote:
February 9, 2024, 7:08 pm
glalt wrote:
February 9, 2024, 6:14 pm
IF Uncle Joe is the nominee and IF he is elected,that would be very dangerous because Kamala the air head would likely become president. That's scary indeed. Trump would be a safer choice.
Not really.

There is no indication that Kamala would try to turn American democracy on its head.

You can't say the same for Trump, who has already tried it once.
The difference is Kamala would push a California type agenda, which is very much more liberal then Bidens, but still preferred, holding my nose, over " I'll be a Dictator on Day One Trump"
I disagree. I don't think that she'd push a California-like agenda. Nor do I think that she'd push an America First agenda. She'd push a Kamala First agenda.

I can't stand her.
Agreed. The salads at The Olive Garden are far superior.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com
Posts: 2953
Joined: January 14, 2007, 10:35 am
Location: Nong Hin, Loei

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by glalt » February 10, 2024, 8:39 am

Kamala is in charge of the borders. Has she done a good job? She is a know nothing and do nothing Californian. There is still a faint hope. Maybe Super Tuesday will eliminate Trump. Choosing between Biden or Trump is a depressing thought.

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 5433
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by Whistler » February 10, 2024, 4:14 pm

Glalt,

I think you need to buy a good bottle of bourbon for November, half a bottle and it never happened
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

glalt
udonmap.com
Posts: 2953
Joined: January 14, 2007, 10:35 am
Location: Nong Hin, Loei

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by glalt » February 10, 2024, 10:34 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 10, 2024, 4:14 pm
Glalt,

I think you need to buy a good bottle of bourbon for November, half a bottle and it never happened
Maybe I'm not a patriot and not a hard liquor lover, BUT, I prefer Canadian or Jameson whiskey to bourbon. I'd vote for anyone other than Biden because that would essentially be a vote for Kamala. It is always possible that Trump will be convicted of a felony and someone else will be a nominee.

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 15977
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by jackspratt » February 19, 2024, 10:17 am

Oh! dear.

Unfortunately, will be in one ear, straight through an intellectual vacuum, and out the other ear, for the vast majority of the cultists.
Poll Ranks Biden as 14th-Best President, With Trump Last

President Biden may owe his place in the top third to his predecessor: Mr. Biden’s signature accomplishment, according to the historians, was evicting Donald J. Trump from the Oval Office.


A new poll of historians coming out on Presidents’ Day weekend ranks Mr. Biden as the 14th-best president in American history, just ahead of Woodrow Wilson, Ronald Reagan and Ulysses S. Grant. While that may not get Mr. Biden a spot on Mount Rushmore, it certainly puts him well ahead of Mr. Trump, who places dead last as the worst president ever......
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/18/us/p ... kings.html

Post Reply

Return to “U.S. Politics”