artificial grass

General Udon Thani topics only!
Dakoda
udonmap.com

artificial grass

Post by Dakoda » January 29, 2024, 3:00 pm

has anyone put in artificial grass?

Looking for some one that installs artificial grass.
Telephone #
Cost?
Results?
any other info

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Re: artificial grass

Post by Potamoi » February 5, 2024, 4:40 pm

How did your quest for info go on this Dakoda? I too am interested but failed to find reliable info yet.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 5, 2024, 5:12 pm

I cant help with direct info but only answer your "any other info ". I have only ever laid small sections myself and if it is exposed to direct sunlight can be very hot under foot. Again if exposed to the elements you will need to have some drainage underneath for when the rains come or you hose it down for cleaning.

There are a number of mini soccer or sports fields gone up around town, I can only advise perhaps to go ask the facility for advice.
There are different types and length of grass, make sure you pick what suits you best.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » February 5, 2024, 5:45 pm

Hi,
Make sure the installers use top grade silica sand.

https://riversands.com.au/stagingnew/wh ... turf-sand/

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » February 6, 2024, 5:46 pm

Thanks for the bump Potamoi

only info I got is below

Thanks Barney ya, have seen fields going up/in but wasn’t looking then. plus they just appeared. never seen any workers. Why I posted see on travels for shopping someone doing. except no one ever there when I pass, seems to have stopped. Looks like a building plot.

trekkertony top grade silica sand?

After looking might just give up the idea.

Football fields have seen where son use to play before “Flue Struck” seemed fine. While there seen, think owner, direct a couple of workers to repair a spot or two.

Still looking for someone that's had it done, and is still happy with results.

I am too old to keep up with what I had, now a jungle. Hire workers, price doubles each time, and the job they do is crap.

When built almost 20 years wish I just put concrete, really not that big of an area. Problem is getting equipment in to clear old turf.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » February 7, 2024, 10:15 pm

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » February 7, 2024, 10:32 pm

choi choi wrote:
February 7, 2024, 10:15 pm
Lazada sell this........ https://www.lazada.co.th/tag/artificial ... t_tag=true
Thanks for the link choi chi.

I am more concerned with the prep, drainage, sanding, install/installers and suggestions on a couple putting holes in my small front garden area to replace the mostly dead grass and dirt. May even make a small PutPut course around the house for the days friends drop by for beers.

Not sure of Dakoda's needs.

Thanks for everyone's input all the same.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » February 8, 2024, 12:41 pm

[quote]I am more concerned with the prep, drainage, sanding, install/installers [/quote]

Looking for the same Potamoi

Yes Lazada has many options. Was thinking of contacting sellers to see if they knew of any installers in Udon area, but have not yet. Would want to see a example of their work.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”