Slavery in Australia

World news discussion forum
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Slavery in Australia

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 25, 2023, 9:45 am

A Melbourne couple have been charged with keeping a slave between January and October in 2022. Human trafficking is a big problem around the world. If the couple is found guilty they should get the full 25 years in jail.

https://www.afp.gov.au/news-media/media ... ry-charges

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Slavery in Australia

Post by Khun Paul » May 25, 2023, 1:13 pm

Before this posts includes Slavery from the African continent etc, can I say that slavery like prostitution is so old that it was occurring long before any of our known ancestors were even thought of e alone alive
Every rrace and culture either endured or was complicit in slavery opne way or the other . the question should be asked why is there still slavery , simple people seeking better paid jobs doing menial work as it is easier and often in some cases more rewarding than sitting in a building making stuff ( for example ).
What is unacceptable is treating your maid/nanny/cleaner or household help , like dirt, only people with fragile egos isecurities and often low esteem coupled with lack of human compassion do that

hey should be locked up doing exactly the same they were treating others to do for a considerable number of years.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 25, 2023, 7:07 pm

I stumbled across the YT vid documentary on David Parker Ray... the Toy Box Killer .. he kidnapped and kept his victims as s e x slaves , very interesting but quite a disturbing especially the creepy audio tape manual for victims he made.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 25, 2023, 7:21 pm

You seem to be a tad confused, DM - this is a thread about Australia, and it's thankfully infrequent occurrences of modern slavery.

Fortunately, where it has been detected in recent years, hefty prison sentences have been handed out to those found guilty.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 25, 2023, 7:36 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 25, 2023, 7:21 pm
You seem to be a tad confused, DM - this is a thread about Australia, and it's thankfully infrequent occurrences of modern slavery.

Fortunately, where it has been detected in recent years, hefty prison sentences have been handed out to those found guilty.
Why is a slave either today or from the past different in Ozz as opposed to lets say the US ?? .. i think my post ties in with LYWs OP .. sadly DPR and his partner were real nasty pieces of work.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 26, 2023, 12:55 pm

I agree with JS, however in a country so laid back to be almost comatose, why is there such behaviour unless the persona projected is total B/S and there is another underlying equality problem lurking beneath that laid back exterior

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 26, 2023, 9:24 pm

the crap can go on right in peoples faces. There are bad folks out there taking advantage of others. This woman and her husband were living in Embassy housing in Tokyo and before that in Yemen.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ation.html

BTW, she and her husband never faced any criminal charges since they couldn't get the victims to testify in the States...

what does it have to do with Australia? Her husband was Aussie and back a few years she was at the US Consulate in Melbourne...
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 27, 2023, 5:40 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 25, 2023, 7:07 pm
I stumbled across the YT vid documentary on David Parker Ray... the Toy Box Killer .. he kidnapped and kept his victims as s e x slaves , very interesting but quite a disturbing especially the creepy audio tape manual for victims he made.

DM
Get yourself a Netflix account and stop foraging in that awful YouTube gutter.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 27, 2023, 5:49 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
May 26, 2023, 9:24 pm
the crap can go on right in peoples faces. There are bad folks out there taking advantage of others. This woman and her husband were living in Embassy housing in Tokyo and before that in Yemen.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ation.html

BTW, she and her husband never faced any criminal charges since they couldn't get the victims to testify in the States...

what does it have to do with Australia? Her husband was Aussie and back a few years she was at the US Consulate in Melbourne...
All's well that ends well.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... jftsp.html
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 27, 2023, 8:56 am

I heard since she was not convicted criminally she is still receiving her State Department pension even though the crimes were committed while she was an employee and residing in government provided housing..
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 27, 2023, 9:50 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
May 27, 2023, 8:56 am
I heard since she was not convicted criminally she is still receiving her State Department pension even though the crimes were committed while she was an employee and residing in government provided housing..
Did Dutton's effort to kick her out of God's country succeed?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 27, 2023, 1:06 pm

found this so gone from Oz it appears:

Linda Howard, former United States diplomat accused of keeping sex slaves for her husband; banned from returning to Australia in December 2017
Dave

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 27, 2023, 1:40 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
May 27, 2023, 1:06 pm
found this so gone from Oz it appears:

Linda Howard, former United States diplomat accused of keeping sex slaves for her husband; banned from returning to Australia in December 2017
Why was she banned? 55
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Return to “World News”