Fixed Penalty Notice.

General Udon Thani topics only!
Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Fixed Penalty Notice.

Post by Wee Jimmy » May 24, 2023, 8:22 pm

This morning we received a fixed penalty notice from the Udon Police. Apparently one of us went through a red light on road 210 near Loei. (We haven’t been to Loei for about 20 years).

This letter took 7 weeks to get to us.

We went to the Police and we were told the incident occurred at the Global traffic lights which is road 216, he even tried to say the road number might have been changed!!

My wife argued with him so eventually the policeman phoned the department who was responsible for issuing the letter, he was told they had made a mistake and it should have been road 216 on the letter.

He tried to say that he would get another letter sent out correcting their error.
We told him the mistake was theirs and we wouldn’t be paying!!

He also said to go home and not bother about it.

The problem for my wife might be when she goes to tax the car again so it will be another trip to the Cop Shop.
Has anyone had any experience with a similar situation?

deankham
udonmap.com

Re: Fixed Penalty Notice.

Post by deankham » May 24, 2023, 8:53 pm

We have had a couple Speed fines like this. Both times the Car was clearly visible on the image and speed within the range we expected. So both times we paid up. Forget the amount charged.

If the image had not been shown we would have questioned it, apart from that I preferred to pay up and sleep well, as these things do play on my mind.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » May 24, 2023, 9:58 pm

I had 5 or 6 found in my mail box clearly indicating me and the licence plate number several years ago. My wife paid them as a birthday gift much to my displeasure as I told her not to pay as it was not fully enforceable. Obvious entrapment IMHO as they were months old so I would continue to accrue the fines. No postage stamps either so no recorded evidence that I was served. In any case, paid they were. Mistakes were made.

She got some photo radar fines a few months later. She didn't pay this time (humm) and renewed both car registrations without incident that year and the years following.

That was then this is now with the newly networked (possibly not Windows XP PC's) so it may begin to be an issue. Let keep tabs on this thread to see what actually happens, shall we?
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 24, 2023, 10:04 pm

Or we can slow the f*@# down and behave ourselves at traffic lights.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 24, 2023, 11:04 pm

Did get a red light fine in the post last year. Could just about make out the registration number. Took a while to remember why it happened - the lorry in front of me moved away extremely slowly, and blocked my view of the lights; i decided to go round him and saw the lights flashing yellow but was already over the line by then. I am a bit unhappy that different lights have different end of turn sequences - some flash yellow, some only flash green, and some have countdowns (best). Large trucks often block the view of the lights if you are behind them so sometimes only a couple of seconds still safe to go. I now stop if i can; expect to be rear ended as a result eventually. Frying pan or fire?

May spray mud on the number plate......

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 25, 2023, 2:42 am

tamada wrote:
May 24, 2023, 10:04 pm
Or we can slow the f*@# down and behave ourselves at traffic lights.
Say what! Next you'll be telling us to not drive when pissed. Not gonna happen =; [-(

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 25, 2023, 7:03 am

We forget at our peril hat Thailand has woken up to electronic surveillance which includes SPEED CAMERAS AND Traffic Light Cameras
Spm,epme ,entioned driving when pissed, that is purely a personal action , stupid but p[ersonal. Forgetting traffic cameras is so easy when so many I am sur are inoperable, however having said that can ou afford NOT to curtail speed and to ignore traffic lights. there may well be problems behind lorries , good drivers allow fo these problems and deal with them enttled divers assume breaking he rules is oklay/

It is your choice but pleas stop oaning and follow the rules so much easier and simpler

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 25, 2023, 8:38 am

100% with KP on this.

(stunned silence ensues)
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 25, 2023, 9:26 am

tamada wrote:
May 25, 2023, 8:38 am

(stunned silence ensues)
More like yawns, no.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 25, 2023, 10:08 am

Oops appears I didn't use enough smile emojis :pirate: :badteeth:

Left turn Clyde....

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » May 25, 2023, 10:13 am

The subject has now deviated to the demon drink. When posted I knew it would grow arms and legs!!
Before there are any more assumptions this thread has got nowt to do with alcohol, and before I get accused, l wasn’t the driver.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 25, 2023, 10:41 am

Wee Jimmy wrote:
May 25, 2023, 10:13 am
The subject has now deviated to the demon drink. When posted I knew it would grow arms and legs!!
Before there are any more assumptions this thread has got nowt to do with alcohol, and before I get accused, l wasn’t the driver.
Yeah... it was dean! [insert emojis here]
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 25, 2023, 10:56 am

Many moons ago when we had to go to Nongkhai for visa extention and 90 day reports ,
i went to tax the truck , , they refused as there was an outstanding fine on the truck,so had to go into Udon to clarify and pay ,( this was from Kumphawapi ) as i'd not received any notification , the penalty was , not wearing seatbelt coming out of immigration office , nongkhai ,

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 25, 2023, 12:35 pm

rick wrote:
May 24, 2023, 11:04 pm
Did get a red light fine in the post last year. Could just about make out the registration number. Took a while to remember why it happened - the lorry in front of me moved away extremely slowly, and blocked my view of the lights; i decided to go round him and saw the lights flashing yellow but was already over the line by then. I am a bit unhappy that different lights have different end of turn sequences - some flash yellow, some only flash green, and some have countdowns (best). Large trucks often block the view of the lights if you are behind them so sometimes only a couple of seconds still safe to go. I now stop if i can; expect to be rear ended as a result eventually. Frying pan or fire?

May spray mud on the number plate......
Rick, Secret is DO NOT Sit up the Arse of a SLOW Moving Lorry, Leave ENOUGH Space to go around it !!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 25, 2023, 12:37 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
May 25, 2023, 10:56 am
Many moons ago when we had to go to Nongkhai for visa extention and 90 day reports ,
i went to tax the truck , , they refused as there was an outstanding fine on the truck,so had to go into Udon to clarify and pay ,( this was from Kumphawapi ) as i'd not received any notification , the penalty was , not wearing seatbelt coming out of immigration office , nongkhai ,
Well Mr Hoopoe, There are SIGNS All Over the place saying SEAT Belts Must be worn 100 %.....Helmuts ?? Well thats a Different Scenario....555 !!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 25, 2023, 1:05 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 25, 2023, 9:26 am
tamada wrote:
May 25, 2023, 8:38 am

(stunned silence ensues)
More like yawns, no.
From you at least we then know you are alve!!

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 25, 2023, 3:19 pm

Wee Jimmy wrote:
May 25, 2023, 10:13 am
Yes, sorry this was my fault. I made a joke about drink driving and the right honorable member for the 18th century took the opportunity to launch a badly spelled (or is it spelt?) attack on drink driving :oops:

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 30, 2023, 9:01 am

747man wrote:
May 25, 2023, 12:37 pm
Hoopoe wrote:
Well Mr Hoopoe, There are SIGNS All Over the place saying SEAT Belts Must be worn 100 %.....Helmuts ?? Well thats a Different Scenario....555 !!
my answer was for the OP , as to wether anyone had experienced the same , not the rights and wrongs of sealtbelt attire ,up lorries arse and jumping red lights. so the mary whitehouse amongst us always has to have a jibe ,
and i did work on the 747 -400 series ,

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 30, 2023, 9:13 am

Hoopoe wrote:
If I can ask, what was their evidence? Or was it just "in the system" and thus impossible to challenge. When you say "many moons ago" suggests a time before cameras and tickets in the mail. At least for moving traffic violations these days, the photo and time stamp is usually correct.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 30, 2023, 9:19 am

Sakorn had cameras operating at least 10 years ago both for helmets and red lights
as the ex brothernlaw's new wife got them, as the bike was still registed here
or maybe it was a safety belt one

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”