Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Earnest
udonmap.com

Re: Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Post by Earnest » January 19, 2023, 2:58 am

Love it, might try that myself.

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » January 22, 2023, 9:19 am

Tweaking my breakfast a bit..
60 grams od Oats (Big leaf)Big-C
1 teaspoon of Moringa powder.(Lazada)
1 teaspoon Golden flaxseed powder.(Lazada)
3-4 teaspoons of Goji berrys used my coffee blender to make it to a powder (Lazada).
3 tabelspoons of Chia seeds----------------------------~¨----------------------------------------.
15-20 grams of Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate.
And 1 chopped frozen Banana..Cinamon..Low fat milk 100ml.

On my mind is this..food..two dishes..Chicken shawarma (this Shawarma marinated chicken i never done befor)taste good but it was to salty,i can eat it but a bit to salty,my wrong.To that i use my fried rice.
Second dish was also chicken breast marinated with Smoked red paprika,Mexican herb,garlic and American Chicken herb.Mushrooms,broccoli,bell peppers,garlic and red onion..i eat that too with fryed rice..aroi aroi.
Food prepping:
https://scontent.futh1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... ccb=1-[img][/img]7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=clX2nsV0TlsAX8MuyEk&_nc_ht=scontent.futh1-1.fna&oh=00_AfBZvkgItW5vRiA_Y8vPWdEsDfvxF6Yn_lc83peGDz7bUQ&oe=63D0F3F5

Everything made with the help of Ybarra Extra Virgin Olive Oil,no butter ;-)

//Alfie :-) Wish every one a healthy and Covid free day ;-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 21, 2023, 12:53 pm

Lunch today...Greek marinated chicken,Bell peppers,Onion,Sweet Potato and Corn.

//Alfie :-)

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 22, 2023, 10:22 am

The past week my blood sugar counts have been under 7 with the last three days at 5.4, 5.4 and 5.2. My breakfast consists of peanut butter, avocado or squash with eggs on toast and a glass of warm water. For lunch I have a peanut butter sandwich and dinner is usually a Thai soup or perhaps pad si eu with a few pieces of dark chocolate for a snack. It seems to work.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 1, 2023, 3:05 pm

Did my fav.sallad for lunch..Three Bean Sallad..and a couple of jars to put in the freezer.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 2, 2023, 1:05 pm

20+ Years in the making......Stopping the WidowMaker..You all know what can happen suddenly and whith now warning could happens to all of us when we get old..Heart attacks and strokes.Well just take a few min to check out this video is all i'm asking from guys..try to be open minded..and spare me post like..-This snake oil..just have a look and try to understand what he talks about,that's it.

"The WidowMaker" abridged (~18 minutes).

https://raand.s3.amazonaws.com/The-WidowMaker.mp4

https://youtu.be/lkaLzJajLPg

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 3, 2023, 4:29 pm

Dinner today:
Chicken,Sweet potato and carrots.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 9, 2023, 1:43 pm

Looking at people when i'm out and about i see more and more young,middel ages and old people getting more and more owerweight/obese,really sad sight..Thais and Farangs.Here is a article i found and if it's true it's really sad future ahead if we don't try to change our habits.

Obesity: Report Predicts Half the World Will Be Overweight by 2035

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... a7e17c6944

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » March 9, 2023, 1:57 pm

I think it would be useful if you could define what you mean.....
Overweight???
Obese ????
How can you tell ???
Stay fit
Stay safe.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » March 9, 2023, 2:43 pm

Just another thing to Worry about/Not Worry about.
Aliens are amongst us.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 9, 2023, 3:37 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
March 9, 2023, 1:43 pm
Looking at people when i'm out and about i see more and more young,middel ages and old people getting more and more owerweight/obese,really sad sight..Thais and Farangs.Here is a article i found and if it's true it's really sad future ahead if we don't try to change our habits.

That sounds a very sweeping statement tarring everyone with the same brush Alfie.... not everyones body works the same way .. differing metabolisms and other factors such as medications, stress , lifestyle are numerous other factors why some can loose/gain weight easily whilst some cannot , its not all down to what you eat and how much you exercise or not...also in some cultures example Chinese its a sign of wealth to have a fat kid and this has found its way into Thai life more n more as KFC , Mcds became more popular.etc

with closed eyes Im still searching for oates and cereals that taste like a bacon butty or chocolate cheescake and vitamin water thats like chang

I do know one chap who eats like a horse n never put an ounce on .. whilst others including myself go through phases of being slim or a fat bastard... all i have to do is look at a sausage , pudding or a pie and i need to unbutton my jeans :shock: :shock:

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 10, 2023, 12:53 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 9, 2023, 3:37 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
March 9, 2023, 1:43 pm

That sounds a very sweeping statement tarring everyone with the same brush Alfie.... not everyones body works the same way .. differing metabolisms and other factors such as medications, stress , lifestyle are numerous other factors why some can loose/gain weight easily whilst some cannot , its not all down to what you eat and how much you exercise or not...also in some cultures example Chinese its a sign of wealth to have a fat kid and this has found its way into Thai life more n more as KFC , Mcds became more popular.etc

with closed eyes Im still searching for oates and cereals that taste like a bacon butty or chocolate cheescake and vitamin water thats like chang

I do know one chap who eats like a horse n never put an ounce on .. whilst others including myself go through phases of being slim or a fat bastard... all i have to do is look at a sausage , pudding or a pie and i need to unbutton my jeans :shock: :shock:

DM
Hate to say this BUT--I told you..you need SUPPORT net to get your (said in a broader term)or else you're going to fall back to Jo Jo weith gain/loose..and look were your now and not only you same with my best friend,up and down in weight..When you are not ready for whatever reason honestly you only have to blame yourself DM,don't you think..And you're right,not every person is the same except one thing..A FREAKING PLAN.whitout a plan to stick to you and everyone else trying gain/loose weigth going to loose the battle.To think you know better then anyone else and have the attidude----I know piece of cake,no phun intended,you are most likely to fail within 3-6 month.If you don't take the time to follow some of the steps i've earlyer pointed out..YOU ARE GOING TO FAIL,same with drinking and smoking,either you STOP,and i mean FULL STOP or loose the battle.
Take a hard look while sitting down in Central Plaza Food court or just sit down anywere and observe for 20 min or so..tell me how many you see that are overweight or obese and you see i 'm BS:ing.When you look at yourself now DM are you happy how you did NOT manage you weight cut,guess not..remember how proud you were at Dean when i came in and you were the first one to talk with me and show your weight loss to me..no what..i do not care what your excuses might be ultimatly YOU and now one else is there to blame..honestly DM.

.."differing metabolisms and other factors such as medications, stress , lifestyle are numerous other factors why some can loose/gain weight easily whilst some cannot , its not all down to what you eat and how much you exercise"

Well to live a healthy lifestyle INCLUDE many different things and the number ONE thing is EDUCATE yourself,what body type do i have,Ectomorphs, Mesomorphs and Endomorphs (https://alpham.com/mens-body-types/)
or maybe a mix,your DNA you got from your Father and mother,age or the -I don't care attitude..well up to everyone (i know Khun Paul)and i 100% agree LIFESTYLE can be a bit**,When i walk in to Big-C to do some shopping i just look around..processed food,snacks and much more..stop next time and have a look around..how much HEALTHY food is put forward insted of Chocolate,Chips,Plain Sugar..and plenty more of totally EMPTY calories..we as consumers have to be educated and be interested in how we look at things for a health stand point,because the food/beer/alkohol industri do NOT KNOW THE WORD HEALTHY.

So to end my rant DM..are you going to run the blame game or take action/power yourself to become a more healthy person,up to you..and not only you anyone that read my rant can say what they want but in the end it's -UP TO YOU ;-)

PS.I can say that out of Hospital 3 years ago my weight was down to 65kg,now i have a morning weight of 69.80kg..and that is after 3 freaking years so belive i know what it mean to be a hard gainer..1kg/year..at 65 i'm happy with that..slow very slow progress but never the less in the right direction.If I can DM anyone can but the older we get the harder to loose weight and easier to gain..no healthy weight.DS

goolly

Post by goolly » March 16, 2023, 3:15 pm

Eating healthy food is an important aspect of maintaining good health and well-being. Here are some tips for eating healthy:

Choose whole foods: Whole foods are foods that are in their natural state, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. These foods are packed with nutrients and are generally healthier than processed foods.

Balance your meals: Aim to include a variety of foods in your meals, including fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. Balancing your meals will ensure that you are getting all the nutrients you need to stay healthy.

Watch your portion sizes: Pay attention to how much you are eating. Use smaller plates, bowls, and cups to help control your portion sizes.

Limit your intake of processed foods: Processed foods are often high in sugar, salt, and unhealthy fats. Try to limit your intake of these foods and instead choose whole foods.

Stay hydrated: Drinking enough water is important for maintaining good health. Aim to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.

Plan ahead: Planning ahead can help you make healthier food choices. Try meal planning and prep your meals in advance to avoid reaching for unhealthy foods when you're hungry.

Remember, healthy eating is not about perfection, but about making small changes over time that can lead to a healthier lifestyle.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 17, 2023, 8:09 am

goolly wrote:
March 16, 2023, 3:15 pm
Eating healthy food is an important aspect of maintaining good health and well-being. Here are some tips for eating healthy:

Choose whole foods: Whole foods are foods that are in their natural state, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. These foods are packed with nutrients and are generally healthier than processed foods.

Balance your meals: Aim to include a variety of foods in your meals, including fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. Balancing your meals will ensure that you are getting all the nutrients you need to stay healthy.

Watch your portion sizes: Pay attention to how much you are eating. Use smaller plates, bowls, and cups to help control your portion sizes.

Limit your intake of processed foods: Processed foods are often high in sugar, salt, and unhealthy fats. Try to limit your intake of these foods and instead choose whole foods.

Stay hydrated: Drinking enough water is important for maintaining good health. Aim to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.

Plan ahead: Planning ahead can help you make healthier food choices. Try meal planning and prep your meals in advance to avoid reaching for unhealthy foods when you're hungry.

Remember, healthy eating is not about perfection, but about making small changes over time that can lead to a healthier lifestyle.
Agree 110% with all of the above BUT you forgot one thing..When people don't care about themself or their children/wife..LAZYNESS it the word i'm looking for..and willingness to try and change bad habits..well you and i are going to write/talk for deaf ears.
But when the time is right the teacher will show up"

Have a blessed day everyone and stay healthy..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » April 4, 2023, 10:47 am

Good morning friends !

You know me by now right,and you also know i'm your friend when it comes to health,well atleast i try to be..not perfect but..So that said..Question:When did you check your BP last time,you remember..maybe at your last visit to you Doctor,or maybe you have invested in one yourself like i have done.

I'm sure you might know the benefits of having a good BP,if not her's some info.

Why is 120/80 considered normal blood pressure? What's the logic behind 120 and 80? Is that value normal at any age, or does "normal" change?

Blood pressure is an important indicator of overall health, as it reflects the force of blood pushing against the walls of arteries as it flows through the body. The two numbers used to measure blood pressure are systolic pressure (the top number) and diastolic pressure (the bottom number). In a healthy individual, blood pressure is typically around 120/80 mmHg. But have you ever wondered why this specific number is considered normal?

The number 120 in the blood pressure reading refers to the systolic pressure, which is the pressure in the arteries when the heart beats and pumps blood. The number 80 refers to the diastolic pressure, which is the pressure in the arteries when the heart is at rest between beats. The units for blood pressure are millimetres of mercury (mmHg).

The reason why 120/80 is considered a normal blood pressure reading is due to extensive research and clinical studies. Studies have shown that individuals with a systolic blood pressure greater than 120 mmHg and a diastolic blood pressure greater than 80 mmHg have an increased risk of developing cardiovascular disease, including heart attacks and strokes. Therefore, a blood pressure of 120/80 or lower is considered normal and healthy.

It is important to note that what is considered a normal blood pressure can vary based on age, gender, and other factors such as medical history and lifestyle habits. For example, as people age, their arteries become stiffer and less elastic, which can lead to higher blood pressure readings. Therefore, what may be considered normal blood pressure for a younger individual may be considered high for an older person.

In addition, there are certain medical conditions, such as diabetes and kidney disease, that can affect blood pressure levels. People with these conditions may have different target blood pressure readings to prevent complications.

Maintaining a healthy blood pressure is essential for overall health and well-being. Lifestyle changes such as regular exercise, a healthy diet, and stress management can help to lower blood pressure and prevent hypertension. It is also important to monitor blood pressure regularly and follow medical advice for managing any underlying health conditions.

The number 120/80 is considered normal blood pressure based on extensive research and clinical studies. However, what is considered normal can vary based on age, gender, and medical history. Maintaining a healthy blood pressure through lifestyle changes and medical management is crucial for preventing cardiovascular disease and promoting overall health.

Source:Quora.

Have a healthy BP and a good day ;-)

PS.In the morning after breakfast and 2-3 minuts of relaxing my BP hardly gets over 110/65-70..puls around 75-80.But this morning my BP was this (older pic but mine was 99/66..Image

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 17, 2023, 11:48 am

Have any of you Forum members seen any seller here in Udon selling thas Vietnam Avocado strain 034.Thank you.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 17, 2023, 12:43 pm

Hi Alfie,

Hope your well. Here's a question for you about how many times a day to eat.

For past 20 years almost I've been told that I should be eating little and often.
I have tried it and never found a benefit so stick to 3 meals with one snack thrown in. Admittedly I eat too many calories and do very little exercise. Hence being a fat b'stard.

Anyone for the past 2 months I gotten into the habit of skipping lunch (or at most having with a single cereal bar) plus also having a much smaller dinner then I used to. I do have a decent sized breakfast every morning (bowl of oats with banana & strawberries plus large glass of fresh OJ).
Although my weight is only reducing slightly I do feel my belly size is reducing.

What's your thoughts on this more modern concept of fasting / skipping meals?

Thanks

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 17, 2023, 1:50 pm

I've heard that this is very satisfying ........

crumble.png
crumble.png (97.67 KiB) Viewed 1725 times

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » May 17, 2023, 1:54 pm

Intermittent Fasting not that difficult, eg fasting 16 hours and eating in an 8 hour time restricted period 16/8.

I find it easy to skip breakfast, combining the effort with low carbs, no sweets. In the morning an Iced Americano (no milk, no sugar) helps push to lunch time without any calories.

A close friend is OMAD, eating One Meal A Day, he swears by it, I have yet to try.

Unfortunately, each time I have successfully lost around 8 kgs after a few months of effort....as soon as I go back to my old habits eating 3x per day and snacking, the weight comes right back. So a long term lifestyle change seems my only choice.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 17, 2023, 2:00 pm

Or just accept that you are not meant to weigh 50kgs dripping wet

Return to “Health & Beauty”