Ukraine

World news discussion forum
Post Reply
User avatar
Earnest
udonmap.com
Posts: 3949
Joined: January 14, 2014, 3:56 am
Location: On the edge of the Fens.

Re: Ukraine

Post by Earnest » January 5, 2023, 5:13 am

Yeah.


Good times for a change.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 15087
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: Ukraine

Post by tamada » January 5, 2023, 6:58 am

Russia hiding troops and materiel in schools.
You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand.

User avatar
Earnest
udonmap.com
Posts: 3949
Joined: January 14, 2014, 3:56 am
Location: On the edge of the Fens.

Re: Ukraine

Post by Earnest » January 5, 2023, 2:54 pm

Yeah.
Good times for a change.

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 10908
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: Ukraine

Post by parrot » January 5, 2023, 3:10 pm

Interesting how cellphones did in so many of the participants in Jan 6, and now Russian soldiers fighting (and taking photos) during the war in Ukraine.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/04/worl ... hones.html

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 15087
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: Ukraine

Post by tamada » January 5, 2023, 3:30 pm

Hardly a mention on RT. Strange that, no?
You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand.

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 10908
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: Ukraine

Post by parrot » January 5, 2023, 4:22 pm

tamada wrote:
January 5, 2023, 3:30 pm
Hardly a mention on RT. Strange that, no?
Strange? Akin to the BP not reporting on what happens behind Thai's 10 Downing St. RT would be a strange place to look for news about Ukraine, no?

User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 3696
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: Ukraine

Post by noosard » January 5, 2023, 4:41 pm


User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 3696
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: Ukraine

Post by noosard » January 5, 2023, 5:00 pm

Funny reading those papers
all the different excuses to why the war
why it is not going right
how evil the ukes are to be shelling civilians
Then there is the posts about this

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 15087
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: Ukraine

Post by tamada » January 5, 2023, 5:08 pm

parrot wrote:
January 5, 2023, 4:22 pm
tamada wrote:
January 5, 2023, 3:30 pm
Hardly a mention on RT. Strange that, no?
Strange? Akin to the BP not reporting on what happens behind Thai's 10 Downing St. RT would be a strange place to look for news about Ukraine, no?
Point taken but 'twas in jest. Since Pattaya Home Cable have less variety than than most and RT seems to struggle loading on the smartphone, I enjoyed the Fox/CNN/BBC-free options in the hotels I've been squatting in. RT was as expected but I could only take 20 minutes of some shouty Indian bint on WION who gloatingly reckoned Pakistan will fracture into civil war before flicked onto some soothing ramwong dancing girls.
You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand.

User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 3696
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: Ukraine

Post by noosard » January 9, 2023, 5:26 pm

https://medium.com/@Stefan.Korshak
https://medium.com/@x_TomCooper_x

Both these guys have interesting reads on what is going on and what may happen

User avatar
mak
udonmap.com
Posts: 2325
Joined: July 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Ukraine

Post by mak » January 14, 2023, 10:21 am

New Ukrainian postal stamp.
Ukrainian government has stated that captured Russian equipment, including tanks, due not have to be declared and are not subject to being taxed.
Attachments
ukraine-2022-tractor-pulling-russian-tank-stamp-design-contest-winner.jpg

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 4273
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Ukraine

Post by papafarang » January 14, 2023, 5:32 pm

tamada wrote:
January 5, 2023, 5:08 pm
parrot wrote:
January 5, 2023, 4:22 pm
tamada wrote:
January 5, 2023, 3:30 pm
Hardly a mention on RT. Strange that, no?
Strange? Akin to the BP not reporting on what happens behind Thai's 10 Downing St. RT would be a strange place to look for news about Ukraine, no?
Point taken but 'twas in jest. Since Pattaya Home Cable have less variety than than most and RT seems to struggle loading on the smartphone, I enjoyed the Fox/CNN/BBC-free options in the hotels I've been squatting in. RT was as expected but I could only take 20 minutes of some shouty Indian bint on WION who gloatingly reckoned Pakistan will fracture into civil war before flicked onto some soothing ramwong dancing girls.
had a look at the bbc news the other day .took me 3 minuets to get out . simple story about poor elephants not having work in Thailand since covid. half way through the article it STATED every house in surin has an elephant in their chained up in the front yard. for god sake did the actually go to thailand and surin? . no they didn't just made it up . same today "The miraculous return of Indian fishermen'.. turned out it was a story about a broken down fishing boat that took a few days for a boat big enough to tow them home. and the miracle the were on about is how a someone from tamil nadu knew you can drink from coconuts. really is this some sort of go to place for news ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 15087
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: Ukraine

Post by tamada » January 14, 2023, 8:39 pm

papafarang wrote:
January 14, 2023, 5:32 pm
tamada wrote:
January 5, 2023, 5:08 pm
parrot wrote:
January 5, 2023, 4:22 pm
tamada wrote:
January 5, 2023, 3:30 pm
Hardly a mention on RT. Strange that, no?
Strange? Akin to the BP not reporting on what happens behind Thai's 10 Downing St. RT would be a strange place to look for news about Ukraine, no?
Point taken but 'twas in jest. Since Pattaya Home Cable have less variety than than most and RT seems to struggle loading on the smartphone, I enjoyed the Fox/CNN/BBC-free options in the hotels I've been squatting in. RT was as expected but I could only take 20 minutes of some shouty Indian bint on WION who gloatingly reckoned Pakistan will fracture into civil war before flicked onto some soothing ramwong dancing girls.
had a look at the bbc news the other day .took me 3 minuets to get out . simple story about poor elephants not having work in Thailand since covid. half way through the article it STATED every house in surin has an elephant in their chained up in the front yard. for god sake did the actually go to thailand and surin? . no they didn't just made it up . same today "The miraculous return of Indian fishermen'.. turned out it was a story about a broken down fishing boat that took a few days for a boat big enough to tow them home. and the miracle the were on about is how a someone from tamil nadu knew you can drink from coconuts. really is this some sort of go to place for news ?
Sops to the indolent masses while their banks and utilities companies rob them blind under the guidance of their elected governments.

Meanwhile, back on topic, Ukraine can do NOTHING wrong.
You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand.

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 4273
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Ukraine

Post by papafarang » January 15, 2023, 2:38 am

tamada wrote:
January 14, 2023, 8:39 pm
papafarang wrote:
January 14, 2023, 5:32 pm
tamada wrote:
January 5, 2023, 5:08 pm
parrot wrote:
January 5, 2023, 4:22 pm
tamada wrote:
January 5, 2023, 3:30 pm
Hardly a mention on RT. Strange that, no?
Strange? Akin to the BP not reporting on what happens behind Thai's 10 Downing St. RT would be a strange place to look for news about Ukraine, no?
Point taken but 'twas in jest. Since Pattaya Home Cable have less variety than than most and RT seems to struggle loading on the smartphone, I enjoyed the Fox/CNN/BBC-free options in the hotels I've been squatting in. RT was as expected but I could only take 20 minutes of some shouty Indian bint on WION who gloatingly reckoned Pakistan will fracture into civil war before flicked onto some soothing ramwong dancing girls.
had a look at the bbc news the other day .took me 3 minuets to get out . simple story about poor elephants not having work in Thailand since covid. half way through the article it STATED every house in surin has an elephant in their chained up in the front yard. for god sake did the actually go to thailand and surin? . no they didn't just made it up . same today "The miraculous return of Indian fishermen'.. turned out it was a story about a broken down fishing boat that took a few days for a boat big enough to tow them home. and the miracle the were on about is how a someone from tamil nadu knew you can drink from coconuts. really is this some sort of go to place for news ?
Sops to the indolent masses while their banks and utilities companies rob them blind under the guidance of their elected governments.
Oh yeh ukraine ,sick of winning. the country that's put Europe in the poop. all they had to do is say they wont join nato, simple. just because you can do something don't mean you should. Don't forget the governments,making a killing collecting all the tax revenue,not only do they collect fuel tax from the sale of petrol they then tax producers too. win win
Meanwhile, back on topic, Ukraine can do NOTHING wrong.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
mak
udonmap.com
Posts: 2325
Joined: July 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Ukraine

Post by mak » January 24, 2023, 8:25 am

Attachments
Abrams tank.jpg

User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 3696
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: Ukraine

Post by noosard » January 24, 2023, 9:15 am

Was a good story
pity about the flaws
never mind

User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 3696
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: Ukraine

Post by noosard » January 25, 2023, 9:17 am

Ukraine to get new toys
both Abrams and leopard tanks

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 15087
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: Ukraine

Post by tamada » January 25, 2023, 11:01 am

noosard wrote:
January 25, 2023, 9:17 am
Ukraine to get new toys
both Abrams and leopard tanks
+ Challenger tanks from GREAT BRITAIN.
You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand.

User avatar
BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com
Posts: 477
Joined: October 28, 2010, 6:32 pm

Re: Ukraine

Post by BillaRickaDickay » January 25, 2023, 11:09 am

All 14 of them plus spares, Ole Putin must be shakin in his boots.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 15087
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: Ukraine

Post by tamada » January 25, 2023, 2:19 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
January 25, 2023, 11:09 am
All 14 of them plus spares, Ole Putin must be shakin in his boots.
Not Vlad. Just the meat he's consigned to the grinder.
You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand.

Post Reply

Return to “World News”