Australia Day

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
noosard
udonmap.com

Australia Day

Post by noosard » January 24, 2023, 5:59 pm

A majority of people have said that January 26 should be known as Australia Day.
The results were split along age and gender lines, with younger Australians and women more likely to be in favour of calling it ‘Invasion Day’
The division was also split along political lines, with 75 per cent of Coalition voters preferring ‘Australia Day’ compared to 63 per cent of Labor Voters and only 37 per cent of Greens voters.
Aus fla.png

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Australia Day

Post by Whistler » January 24, 2023, 6:10 pm

Fishing again noo?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » January 24, 2023, 6:27 pm

noosard wrote:
January 24, 2023, 5:59 pm
A majority of people have said that January 26 should be known as Australia Day.
The results were split along age and gender lines, with younger Australians and women more likely to be in favour of calling it ‘Invasion Day’
The division was also split along political lines, with 75 per cent of Coalition voters preferring ‘Australia Day’ compared to 63 per cent of Labor Voters and only 37 per cent of Greens voters.
Yep, your right Noosard, January 26 is Australia Day and always will be, not unless the slimey greens become Govt. which God forbid will never happen.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 24, 2023, 6:49 pm

I would like Australia to keep Jan 26 as it has been this way for a very long time. It probably should be Jan 1 as that was the day it officially became the Commonwealth of Australia. However 26% of Aussies think it should change. I would like to see us reframing it to acknowledge our First Nation people.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 24, 2023, 7:10 pm

Weird how the snowflakes in Aus call it invasion day, the first fleet landed in Botany Bay Jan 20, 26 will always be Australia Day.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 24, 2023, 7:18 pm

They did invade then they shot the natives. :shock:

Same same in New Zealand.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 24, 2023, 7:23 pm

Earnest wrote:
January 24, 2023, 7:18 pm
They did invade then they shot the natives. :shock:

Same same in New Zealand.
That was when it was a British colony, not Australia.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 24, 2023, 7:29 pm

Same people, they didn't shoot the Locals and sail back to Blighty, they stayed and took the land the natives used.

Bloody hell, I can't believe how gullible some people are on this forum.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 24, 2023, 8:05 pm

Earnest wrote:
January 24, 2023, 7:29 pm
Same people, they didn't shoot the Locals and sail back to Blighty, they stayed and took the land the natives used.

Bloody hell, I can't believe how gullible some people are on this forum.
Didn't become Australia until 1901, prior to that it was a British Colony under the control of Britain, not so hard to understand is it Earnst?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 24, 2023, 8:29 pm

It was first celebrated in 1818 when nsw became into being. Maybe it was not official until much later, but the Australia was a formative nation well ahead of 1901

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 24, 2023, 9:00 pm

Dunno why the very kind hearted Brits allowed their colony to be handed over in the first place .. non of this Alice Springs malarky if the British stiff upper lip powers were still in charge not these semi literate mullet crested egg stained vest wearing Aussie bogunoids that profess to be fit n able when obviously they arent...

Dam fine bit of British real estate and language ruined forever .. all we got back was Kylie Minogue , Neighbors , Home n Away Jacksprat :lol: and BDD :lol: ........shamefully bad deal .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 24, 2023, 9:17 pm

Totally agree, DM.

Australia would be a far better place today if all those Pommy bread thieves, hanky snatchers and toe-rags had stayed at home back in the late 1700's.

After all, history shows the French were sniffing around. How much better off would we have been with good wine, cheese and bread, some real culture, and a national anthem to be admired - rather than warm beer, indifferent cheese and fluffy white, and God Save the Bloody Windsors. 👍

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » January 25, 2023, 2:12 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 24, 2023, 9:00 pm
Dunno why the very kind hearted Brits allowed their colony to be handed over in the first place .. non of this Alice Springs malarky if the British stiff upper lip powers were still in charge not these semi literate mullet crested egg stained vest wearing Aussie bogunoids that profess to be fit n able when obviously they arent...

Dam fine bit of British real estate and language ruined forever .. all we got back was Kylie Minogue , Neighbors , Home n Away Jacksprat :lol: and BDD :lol: ........shamefully bad deal .

DM
Not sure what you are complaining about, we sent you our best. [-(

https://sirlespatterson.com/media/ - Third Video down at 1 min, 6 seconds

Sir Les Patterson 1.PNG.jpg
\:D/ \:D/

Sir Les Patterson: Knighted by Gough Whitlam
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 25, 2023, 3:25 am

fatbob wrote:
January 24, 2023, 8:05 pm
Didn't become Australia until 1901, prior to that it was a British Colony under the control of Britain, not so hard to understand is it Earnst?
Doesn't matter, fatty, it was your ancestors who massacred the poor blighters. You can't demonstrate pride in your criminal family tree then ignore what the same people did to the natives and blame it on Britain. Yes, it was an invasion and the colonisers then exploited the indigenous population.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » January 25, 2023, 5:42 am

Aboriginal Australia will always fight to change everything, the Flag, the National Anthem the Constitution, anything they can. Take away the free Lawyers that cost tax payers millions a year and they will slowly go away. It's time they came into the 21st century instead of trying to maintain a nomadic (paid for) lifestyle that's unsustainable. We can't change the past ...

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 25, 2023, 5:45 am

Earnest wrote:
January 25, 2023, 3:25 am
fatbob wrote:
Doesn't matter, fatty, it was your ancestors who massacred the poor blighters. You can't demonstrate pride in your criminal family tree then ignore what the same people did to the natives and blame it on Britain. Yes, it was an invasion and the colonisers then exploited the indigenous population.
That is the English way
Also the French Dutch Germany Chinesse Japanesse plus all the rest of mankind

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » January 25, 2023, 6:06 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 24, 2023, 9:00 pm

DM
Also, some decent cricket teams, rugby, etc.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » January 25, 2023, 6:09 am

Earnest wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Dont go sticking your chin out too far Earnest, JS a half baked pom and DM and maybe a few other poms. Reflect back to the Boer wars where the almighty England massacred and starved to death probably 30,000 men women and children in the concentration camps, and the native Africans, killed by the thousands under the English flag. Australia as we know and love it, the pom military did not massacre aboriginals in those preceeding numbers. So dont you mob think you are so saintly in the name of trying to conquer parts of the world. And time to get rid of that Aussie flag with that blood ridden jack in the corner.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 25, 2023, 6:48 am

Sport wrote:
January 25, 2023, 6:09 am
Earnest wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Dont go sticking your chin out too far Earnest, JS a half baked pom and DM and maybe a few other poms. Reflect back to the Boer wars where the almighty England massacred and starved to death probably 30,000 men women and children in the concentration camps, and the native Africans, killed by the thousands under the English flag. Australia as we know and love it, the pom military did not massacre aboriginals in those preceeding numbers. So dont you mob think you are so saintly in the name of trying to conquer parts of the world. And time to get rid of that Aussie flag with that blood ridden jack in the corner.
Is Tasmania included in this year's cancel culture event?

Sorry, I just woke up.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » January 25, 2023, 6:58 am

I'd prefer the date to change to the 2nd Monday in February. I'm already on holiday on the 26th of Jan so it's a total waste of a public holiday as far I am concerned. Also got the remember that the land, 'always was and always will be Aboriginal land.' It was never ceded and was taken by force by the colonists who did their best to wipe out the natives.
Also as a Victorian I couldn't give a stuff about when the first fleet landed in Sydney and built a penal colony. Nothing much has changed up there, they are all still crims, prostitutes and spivs.
Always believed that the civilsied states of Vic, SA, WA and Tas should break away and form our own country (what would a good name be?) on the basis that real Aussies play Australian Rules Football whilst the others play that pommy bum sniffin crap, rugby and rugby league.
Watch Me!!

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”