Men from the ministry

General Udon Thani topics only!
papafarang
udonmap.com

Men from the ministry

Post by papafarang » September 22, 2022, 5:42 am

Odd one yesterday , official truck turned up outside mine yesterday. Two officials with paperwork looking for an american named Rodger. Wanted to know if I knew him. Apparently running some sort of business out of hansa ,wasn't going to ask questions but got the feeling it wasn't going to be a social visit for a nice cup of tea. They know he's running a business but they didn't have an address which seemed strange.

Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Re: Men from the ministry

Post by Potamoi » September 22, 2022, 7:47 am

Papa, Was it the Labour department? Immigration? Taxation? Health department? It may have been a routine visit with a poorly copied map/address?

If non-routine, it sounds like they are working off some scorned individual reporting the foreigner working illegally or perhaps operating an unlicensed business? Possibly unpaid taxes but wait, official businesses would have a registered address. God knows there are enough maps and documents presented to the authorities for business licenses, work permits. labour, health ministry and business visas for foreigners.

I got an unannounced quarterly visit from Immigration for 3-4 years at my place of business. I may have been an easy box to tick for their quota or somehow they thought I was up to nefarious deeds. Not sure. Only annually now at visa extension time. I guess they believe we are legit now.

This visit sounds ungood anyway it is looked at. Be careful of contemptuous neighbours, fellas.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 22, 2022, 9:21 am

Oh I do love the theories many trot out , trust me ANY Govt Official looking for a Farang operating a business possibly illegally is NOT good news no matter WHICH Government department they are working for .

I am amazed that those who [pretend to say teaching on-line is not a problem, these days internet traffic is and can be recorded, one upset person can certainly screw up many peoples dreams !

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 22, 2022, 12:37 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
September 22, 2022, 9:21 am
Oh I do love the theories many trot out , trust me ANY Govt Official looking for a Farang operating a business possibly illegally is NOT good news no matter WHICH Government department they are working for .

I am amazed that those who [pretend to say teaching on-line is not a problem, these days internet traffic is and can be recorded, one upset person can certainly screw up many peoples dreams !
Prepare to be even more amazed. They no longer bother with chasing online TEFL'ers and the erstwhile digital nomads.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » September 22, 2022, 1:22 pm

I thought they were cruising around in 3 Series BMW's letting the facial recognition cameras find the dirty falang?

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 22, 2022, 1:45 pm

Potamoi wrote:
September 22, 2022, 7:47 am
Papa, Was it the Labour department? Immigration? Taxation? Health department? It may have been a routine visit with a poorly copied map/address?

If non-routine, it sounds like they are working off some scorned individual reporting the foreigner working illegally or perhaps operating an unlicensed business? Possibly unpaid taxes but wait, official businesses would have a registered address. God knows there are enough maps and documents presented to the authorities for business licenses, work permits. labour, health ministry and business visas for foreigners.

I got an unannounced quarterly visit from Immigration for 3-4 years at my place of business. I may have been an easy box to tick for their quota or somehow they thought I was up to nefarious deeds. Not sure. Only annually now at visa extension time. I guess they believe we are legit now.

This visit sounds ungood anyway it is looked at. Be careful of contemptuous neighbours, fellas.
It seemed the only information they had was he is american his name is Rodger and he has a translation business . they were hoping i had more info about him. just seemed strange
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 22, 2022, 2:07 pm

Cali?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 22, 2022, 2:24 pm

th (7).jpg
th (7).jpg (24.21 KiB) Viewed 855 times

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 22, 2022, 6:27 pm

Whistler wrote:
September 22, 2022, 2:07 pm
Cali?
Yes?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”