Hospitals?

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
texintown

Hospitals?

Post by texintown » April 13, 2019, 3:25 am

We are presently in the USA but my Laotian mother in law in rural Laos is very ill and we will be flying over to help her. It is unclear what is wrong with her but we are not getting the answers to the questions we have from the doctors in Laos. We will be flying over after the new year and then taking her to Udon Thani for care. Can someone give me help in deciding what hospital to go to? This is not a rich family but we do have some cash to spend. In the past I used AEK and found them to be a bit Baht hungry. Any other place better. She will need cancer screening and blood work.
Thanks.

cambsangler
udonmap.com

Re: Hospitals?

Post by cambsangler » April 13, 2019, 9:50 pm

I recently used AEK and I agree they they do seem to be cash grabbers - however I have heard on the grapevine that Bangkok Hospital is equally good at extracting the cash, if not more so.

That leaves the Wattana Hospital at the northern end of Nong Prajak but I have no idea about costs there. I did use it some years ago but only for a health check up. Based solely on that and more recent experiences at AEK I don't think there is much to choose between them. Best advice is to contact them and try to get some "best estimates" perhaps.

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » April 13, 2019, 10:06 pm

There is a cancer hospital in Udon Thani Province in Nonsung about 15 km south of the city. It is a Thai Ministry of Health hospital. You need to find a Dr that practices at this hospital.

cambsangler
udonmap.com

Post by cambsangler » April 14, 2019, 6:39 am

I have just thought of another option - Udon Thani Military Hospital (GPS - 17.369880, 102.811961). They will accept expat patients and the costs are normally far less than the private hospitals; you just have longer waiting times and ideally need a native Thai with you to communicate with them.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 14, 2019, 7:42 am

Udon Thani Hospital is another option.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 14, 2019, 9:37 am

Jing Jing wrote:
April 13, 2019, 10:06 pm
There is a cancer hospital in Udon Thani Province in Nonsung about 15 km south of the city. It is a Thai Ministry of Health hospital. You need to find a Dr that practices at this hospital.

This would also be my recommendation. It's a fairly new and very clean hospital and the staff is very friendly and attentive. I recently took my wife there for cancer marker tests and the doctor was excellent. The queues are very short compared to the other government hospitals in Udon, and the costs would only be a fraction of what the private hospitals will charge. The private hospitals here have only one thing on their mind and that is to extract every baht they can out of the patient. Your mother-in-law will be subjected to every imaginable test...whether she needs it or not, confined for as long as they can keep her there....whether she needs it or not and prescribed tons of medication at sometimes a 1000% markup...whether she needs it or not! Only go to them as a last resort and be prespared to spend plenty of baht.

https://www.udch.go.th/en/
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Hospitals? Todays experience

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 21, 2022, 7:02 pm

To cut (no pun intended) a long story short today 11am.i sliced my head open on the edgae of a metal roof sheet .. towel compress i drove myself to Ban Jan moph at the RR crossroads .. they took.a look.and said mr go hospital quick ..i drove from.there directly to the army hospital.on Taharn rd .. by tbis time i was drenched in blood n looked like an extra from.the living dead .. walked in AnE where i was dealt with very swiftly possibly because the way i looked ..
Few questions ..doc recc i stay in fir observation CT sxan n xrays .. this i refused n said no need just stitch me up .. i had to sign a decclaration i refused the docs advice ..i was ckeaned up 10 stitches in what the lovely nurse called .. a very soowai wound .. collected meds .. paid bill n went back to the scene of the accident to finish what i was doing.
Army hospital biill 400 bt .. go back daily to clean wound 7 days 70 bt per day , stitches out 28th .. no need to use my medical insurance n loose the no claims bonus fo less tgan a 10 quid bill.

Bill if i followed the docs advice circa 20k ..plus

I did ask.the nirse to take a puc but a bit nasty to.post here.

Prob BkkUd a dam.sight more but used the army hospital receny and was pleasantly surprised .

Above as info only

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 21, 2022, 7:51 pm

Hope you proudly show your scar John.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 21, 2022, 8:25 pm

Whistler wrote:
September 21, 2022, 7:51 pm
Hope you proudly show your scar John.
Oh yes .. for sure one for the grand kids how i fought off 5 knife weilding yabba heads attacking an old lady selling stick rice thus receiving the huge machete would that shall.go down in family folklore ..

Scunny lads dont glory hunt .. ruff tuff and fulla huff n puff, i shall be only charging 1 can of chang to veiw the wound this coming weekend and ecpecting a que similar to that seen in London recently.

Posted my experience more so as a heads up for anyone else whom.find themselves in a similar situation .

Couple of mates already commented looks like ive had a labotomy

Dm

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Re: Hospitals? Todays experience

Post by thewatchman » September 21, 2022, 9:47 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 21, 2022, 7:02 pm
To cut (no pun intended) a long story short today 11am.i sliced my head open on the edgae of a metal roof sheet .. towel compress i drove myself to Ban Jan moph at the RR crossroads .. they took.a look.and said mr go hospital quick ..i drove from.there directly to the army hospital.on Taharn rd .. by tbis time i was drenched in blood n looked like an extra from.the living dead .. walked in AnE where i was dealt with very swiftly possibly because the way i looked ..
Few questions ..doc recc i stay in fir observation CT sxan n xrays .. this i refused n said no need just stitch me up .. i had to sign a decclaration i refused the docs advice ..i was ckeaned up 10 stitches in what the lovely nurse called .. a very soowai wound .. collected meds .. paid bill n went back to the scene of the accident to finish what i was doing.
Army hospital biill 400 bt .. go back daily to clean wound 7 days 70 bt per day , stitches out 28th .. no need to use my medical insurance n loose the no claims bonus fo less tgan a 10 quid bill.

Bill if i followed the docs advice circa 20k ..plus

I did ask.the nirse to take a puc but a bit nasty to.post here.

Prob BkkUd a dam.sight more but used the army hospital receny and was pleasantly surprised .

Above as info only

DM
Good result :D ,cant fault army hospital,i had hernia op 2 nights stay in private room,17,500 baht
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 21, 2022, 10:10 pm

"Scunny lads dont glory hunt .. ruff tuff and fulla huff n puff, i shall be only charging 1 can of chang to veiw the wound this coming weekend and ecpecting a que similar to that seen in London recently."

I heard there were 3 people in the queue after that No 11 bus got cancelled

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » September 21, 2022, 11:18 pm

This is the Real Amazing Thailand. At the military hospital you get the best cares and service at a real good price, SMILE included.
Take care.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 22, 2022, 6:32 am

i was impressed by both the service and price at the Army hospital when used recently on two occasions... not forgetting i also used the Crown Prince hospital in Tabo for a surgery May 2020 again good experience re service n price.

Back to my heroic war wound ..taken mi meds and back to AH today to clean wound .. anytime walk in 8am to 4pm ..70 bt

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 22, 2022, 7:01 am

As long as the little grey cells did not escape I am sure you will be okay.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 22, 2022, 10:09 am

Khun Paul wrote:
September 22, 2022, 7:01 am
As long as the little grey cells did not escape I am sure you will be okay.
Thanks for that insight KP .. im sure i will get over this ok .... fast approaching 60 it seems my grey matter brain cells are still functioning adequately as are my internal sperm regeneration bits n bobs and you will be over the moon to hear i can still get a stalk on at the sniff of a sexy lass lady boy or indeed the aroma of a barmaids apron...

question is KP ........... how are you standing up to to the twilight years re yer brain functions and your Camel Y front movements ??

excellent quick service re wound cleaning at the AH in and out in 20 mins ... 70 bt .. didnt claim it on my med insurance :?

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 22, 2022, 4:14 pm

Questions relating to my bodily functions are normally consigned to File 13, however I can tell you that at the last time of checking ALL bodily functions are fine considering my advancing age and the fall-out for a youth and early middle life chasing bad people and dealing with the detritus of the Human Population in all its forms , Often at risk to my personal self.

Thanks for asking as for the ability to make a stalk I rather leave that to the Plant Kingdom, they are so much better at it !!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 22, 2022, 4:42 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
September 22, 2022, 4:14 pm
Questions relating to my bodily functions are normally consigned to File 13, however I can tell you that at the last time of checking ALL bodily functions are fine considering my advancing age and the fall-out for a youth and early middle life chasing bad people and dealing with the detritus of the Human Population in all its forms , Often at risk to my personal self.

Thanks for asking as for the ability to make a stalk I rather leave that to the Plant Kingdom, they are so much better at it !!
Thanks for clarifying that KP .. i will sleep better tonight knowing all is well both mentally n fiscally despite the advancing years .. now just got to get those old grammar books out and yer spell checker sorted !! :lol: :lol:

BTW dropped into Ban Jan MOPH office this afternoon to show the young girls my battle scare and they said Mr Jon because you so handsome and polite come here to get your wound cleaned we do for free .. i like free n saves me 70 bt
( = saving same same to 1 can of chang) at i would pay at the AH. it pays to be nice with these places despite sometimes them being a tad challenging.

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 22, 2022, 4:54 pm

Suggest DM use your glasses more ., no need for a spell checker thanks all the same to you .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Hospitals? WARNING POST CONTAINS HEAD TRAUMA IMAGE

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 24, 2022, 11:09 am

HOW NOT TO SHAVE !!

Due to popular demand here is my recent head incident .. dealt with excellently at the Army hospital udon ..

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 24, 2022, 3:06 pm

As they say in Manty Pythons but a mere scratch ..............hahaha

Return to “Health & Beauty”