Australian Election

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Australian Election

Post by Whistler » September 5, 2022, 1:17 pm

Check your source.

Jeremy writes for a site called Muckraker and similar sites, he is a professional agitator, of course News Limited would interview him. No quotes from Australian Pensioners who praised the announcement Hmmmm.

https://australianseniorsnews.com.au/ne ... l-seniors/

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 5, 2022, 2:02 pm

Labor has argued the government’s $50-a-fortnight permanent boost to welfare payments “does not do enough to support Australians facing poverty and hardship”, but the bill is still set to pass parliament next week with the opposition’s support.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ition-says

But critics swiftly pointed out the increases had nothing to do with the government at all.

When an indexation increase of less than two dollars a day is the biggest increase in 30 years, something is really wrong
Anthony Albanese has been slammed for taking credit for a welfare payment increase, despite it automatically occurring every six months.

So 18 months ago $50 a fortnight not enough
but less than $2 a day is now
and the goverment then and now tries to make out they are great helpful lot

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 5, 2022, 3:07 pm

Ms McBain, NDIS Minister Bill Shorten and Assistant Trade Minister Tim Ayres were last week revealed to have been caught up in a potential breach of the new ministerial code of conduct by owning shares.

Anthony Albanese in July announced ministers would have to divest from all direct shareholdings in public or private companies and would not be able to transfer them to family members under an overhaul of the code designed to increase government transparency.

The Prime Minister erupted when he was asked about the matter during question time on Monday, saying he was satisfied with the explanation Ms McBain had given him.

Local Government Minister Kristy McBain has admitted she should have sold her shareholdings in eight private companies earlier to avoid breaching her code of conduct.

Ms McBain said on Monday she had divested her shares to her husband when she found out she would be sworn in as a minister, before realising that wouldn’t be sufficient under the new rules.

She said she and her husband had always intended to sell their shares.

“However, I am the first to admit that that should have taken place sooner,” she told parliament during question time.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 5, 2022, 5:37 pm

Two Liberal frontbenchers have been named in a taxpayer-funded payout to an ex-staffer, with one telling word in the document.
Liberal frontbenchers Alan Tudge and Michaelia Cash are both named in a landmark taxpayer-funded $650,000 “no admissions” settlement to former political staffer Rachelle Miller for “hurt, distress and humiliation”.
“Without admitting liability, the parties have reached agreement on the terms set out in this deed,’’ the document states.
What a joke on the public who funds the payout

"source. News limited, how surprising, Murdoch press bashing Labor!" "quote from whistle"
Oh no horror bashing the libs what is Murdoch thinking

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 5, 2022, 11:10 pm

Noosard, the post was about the increase in pension and your quote was a totally biased source that selectively quoted a single negative opinion from a notorious agitator. Nothing to do with other issues, but you have a habit of 'yes but'. Conflating totally unconnected events with the subject matter.

The media article was a beat up by the Murdoch press, end of story
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 6, 2022, 8:58 am

And the next post I sent was about how sad it is that people pay for pollies being bad
that just happen to be Libs being bad and this just happened to reported by the evil Murdoch group of papers
I see today the ABC has read and written a story on this

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 6, 2022, 9:29 am

noosard wrote:
September 6, 2022, 8:58 am
And the next post I sent was about how sad it is that people pay for pollies being bad
that just happen to be Libs being bad and this just happened to reported by the evil Murdoch group of papers
I see today the ABC has read and written a story on this
Noos,

The story that kicked this discussion off was a dead-set piece of Murdoch biased reporting, they only quoted a source that they knew beforehand would slam labor, that was their objective. It would have been more balanced and honest if they had said there were mixed reactions, but the Murdoch press has been incredibly biased.

As for the story on the liberal ministers behaving badly, straight out reporting of very bad ministerial behavior, ditto the latest Labor ministers not divesting themselves of shares. That's a fair cop, but the story on the pension rise was Labor bashing pure and simple.

Some people compare Murdoch to the devil, I think that is unfair, the devil is not that bad.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 6, 2022, 10:37 am

Whistle you discuss what you want
I'll post what I want and if the subject is moved on so be it

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 6, 2022, 10:45 am

noosard wrote:
September 6, 2022, 10:37 am
Whistle you discuss what you want
I'll post what I want and if the subject is moved on so be it
Yep

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » September 6, 2022, 8:35 pm

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 7, 2022, 5:44 am

She might be a decent pollie for a change

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 7, 2022, 6:16 am

As a first generation immigrant who's dead set against immigration, looks like you've got yourselves your very own, home grown Priti Patel.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 7, 2022, 10:19 am

Australia lifting immigration numbers as desperate for more workers and this clownette shows how out of touch she is with reality. Appeals well to bigots though

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 7, 2022, 10:39 am

No she is asking for high unemployment in her electorate to be addressed

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 7, 2022, 11:01 am

A climate denier, a COVID cynic. Appeals to right wingers very much. English language skills are poor, giving many a reduced prospect for employment. Likening COVID restriction to communist dictatorships is plain dumb. This gal is just an Asian flavoured clone of Pauline Hanson. Full of criticism but offers no solutions.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 7, 2022, 11:07 am

She is not a climate denier
try reading what she said
English would be her second language
Her speech was understandable
You seem to be a sexist whistle

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 7, 2022, 11:34 am

noosard wrote:
September 7, 2022, 11:07 am
She is not a climate denier
try reading what she said
English would be her second language
Her speech was understandable
You seem to be a sexist whistle
Oooh, sorry. From now on I will only make statements about right wingers with an appendage .....not. Those that actually know me would have a chortle at anybody who called me sexist.

This woman would not vote for the important climate change bill, that transcends electorate boundaries. That indicates to me this is a person who for all practical purposes denies the importance of climate action.

My partner also is Asian with just OK English skills, no problems. I wish my Thai skills were as proficient as the English skills for the member of Fowler.

As for her comments on COVID, they were extreme and totally out of touch with the broader Australian community that overwhelmingly agreed to the tough lockdowns.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 7, 2022, 11:55 am

I read reports of over zealous covid enforcers both in Sydney and Melbourne

In reference to Albo's “Climate Change Bill” that passed through parliament two months ago, she said she would “have decided to abstain from voting on the Climate Change Bill until there are more details on how its implementation will affect low-income families in Fowler”.

Does not seem to be a denier but someone that wants to know the fine print that no government gives

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 7, 2022, 2:50 pm

noosard wrote:
September 7, 2022, 11:55 am
I read reports of over zealous covid enforcers both in Sydney and Melbourne

In reference to Albo's “Climate Change Bill” that passed through parliament two months ago, she said she would “have decided to abstain from voting on the Climate Change Bill until there are more details on how its implementation will affect low-income families in Fowler”.

Does not seem to be a denier but someone that wants to know the fine print that no government gives
Bills are debated in parliament, not on fringe websites. The climate action bill was for the whole of Australia, not a shopping strip in Cabramatta.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 7, 2022, 3:41 pm

Lower income families are Australia wide

Return to “Australia”