Australian Election

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: Australian Election

Post by noosard » June 23, 2022, 12:54 pm

Northern Territory Senator Jacinta Price has slammed Greens leader Adam Bandt’s “deeply divisive behaviour” concerning removing the Australian flag at press conferences. Mr Bandt recently said, "for many Australians, this flag represents dispossession and the lingering pains of colonisation".
th (24).jpg
th (24).jpg (4.46 KiB) Viewed 78 times

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 23, 2022, 1:26 pm

noosard wrote:
June 23, 2022, 12:49 pm
Greens senator Lidia Thorpe
“The Australian flag does not represent me or my people,” she told the panel.

“It represents the colonisation of these lands, and it has no permission to be here, there’s been no consent, there’s been no treaty, so that flag does not represent me.”

Ms Thorpe said she also removes the Australian national flag during press conferences after Greens leader Adam Bandt was this week criticised for the same move.

Host Waleed Aly asked if her argument could also apply to the Australian parliament in which she serves.

“Absolutely, I’m here to infiltrate,” she replied.

th (23).jpg
She's only been a senator since 2020.

"In a speech to Parliament in May 2021, Thorpe alluded that the Attorney-General of the Northern Territory was a white male, when the Attorney-General, Selena Uibo, was an Indigenous woman."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lidia_Tho ... cal_career

She's not a very bright example of Australia's indigenous.
You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 24, 2022, 1:56 am

Good to see the views of Aussie politicians with non-mainstream views. These guys can end up moving the entire political playing field in their direction.

The Dawson case is fascinating. I had read about the former rugby league player / teacher suspect a while ago but didn't recognize the name. He's very lucky people thought they saw his wife after he murdered her. He obviously killed her but I hope he gets a fair trial. He doesn't appear to be a risk to others.

Return to “Australia”