English Premier League 2021/22

General sports news and discussions.
thewatchman
udonmap.com

Re: English Premier League 2021/22

Post by thewatchman » May 21, 2022, 10:51 am

747man wrote:
May 20, 2022, 8:05 pm
Scenes at Goodison Park as the fans find out Divock Origi leaves Liverpool at the end of the month :D

laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 21, 2022, 11:38 am

747man wrote:
May 20, 2022, 7:54 pm
NOTHING to Say Aye Patrick ??.....A Big Fine Incoming...

Aye, a hell of a big fine incoming ...... for Everton Football Club

Viera has to sue them for putting him in an unsafe environment due to them not controlling their fanbase

He was somewhere he was allowed
Every single Everton fan on that pitch was committing a criminal offence under 1991 football act, and every one that can be identified on CCTV footage (several hundred I would imagine) has to receive a 10 year football banning order

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 21, 2022, 12:45 pm

tamada wrote:
May 21, 2022, 10:18 am
samster wrote:
May 21, 2022, 9:46 am
According to an article that I read today, Burnley and Leeds are joining forces in legal action against the EPL for their handling of the Everton financial fiasco. It wont come to anything but, its given hope to a few people.

I would have mixed feelings about any points deductions (which wont happen anyway). Football should be decided on the pitch but, on the other hand, Leeds are the most sanctioned against team in my lifetime giving us all chips on our shoulders - part of the reason Stats bleats on about our supporters reputations is the ongoing feeling of injustice we have.

Example - in 1971, Leeds were made to play our first 4 home games away from Elland Road after about 10 old men invaded the pitch during a game against WBA to sit down in protest in the centre circle after a particularly poor refereeing decision ultimately cost us the League. The following season we finished 2nd by 1 point having drawn 2 of our "home matches". 2 league titles lost due to the authorities.

Anyone recall a similar sanction? Using the same yardstick, Everton wouldnt play a game at home for the next few centuries after their pitch invasions/flares/racism.
The 'Lest we forget' footie post of the day award goes to...
Absolutely. That's what real footie fans do. Apart from DM, I've yet to notice many others on this forum

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 21, 2022, 1:12 pm

And 40 years later Leeds thugs still hadnt got the message

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 21, 2022, 1:59 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 21, 2022, 9:51 am
samster wrote:
According to an article that I read today, Burnley and Leeds are joining forces in legal action against the EPL for their handling of the Everton financial fiasco. It wont come to anything but, its given hope to a few people.

Everton wouldnt play a game at home for the next few centuries after their pitch invasions/flares/racism.
Have You been HIT on the Head AGAIN ??

That seems like a fair penalty for the Evertons, but a loss of points and relegation to a much lower division would be even more just.
Go Forth & Multiply !!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 21, 2022, 2:06 pm

samster wrote:

I would have mixed feelings about any points deductions (which wont happen anyway). Football should be decided on the pitch but, on the other hand, Leeds are the most sanctioned against team in my lifetime giving us all chips on our shoulders - part of the reason Stats bleats on about our supporters reputations is the ongoing feeling of injustice we have.

Example - in 1971, Leeds were made to play our first 4 home games away from Elland Road after about 10 old men invaded the pitch during a game against WBA to sit down in protest in the centre circle after a particularly poor refereeing decision ultimately cost us the League. The following season we finished 2nd by 1 point having drawn 2 of our "home matches". 2 league titles lost due to the authorities.

Anyone recall a similar sanction? Using the same yardstick, Everton wouldnt play a game at home for the next few centuries after their pitch invasions/flares/racism.
Although the article states Leeds & Burnley, we know from about 6 - 8 weeks ago that there are in fact at least six clubs involved and possibly more .....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61529371

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 21, 2022, 3:03 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 21, 2022, 1:12 pm
And 40 years later Leeds thugs still hadnt got the message
The message being that you can get away with, literally, murder unless you're Leeds.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 21, 2022, 5:03 pm

COME ON CITY,TOMORROW.........That's ALL I Want to Say !!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 21, 2022, 7:19 pm

THAT KIND OF SEASON
To all those kopites who aren’t arsed about us, but would gladly see us down,
The mighty blues are staying up, let’s all hit the town
To all at BT sport, Dazn, and Sky, sorry the blues did not fit your agenda, were not arsed as were on a bender
To all the daily rags, the daily fail, the Express, the red echo, and the star.
So sorry to disappoint you, were still here in the top flight even though you find it bizarre
To Commentators such as Tyler, Drury, Parry, and Darke.
Your bias towards us, is as old as the ark. You still harp on about Pickford on Van Dyke, no wonder there is so much disdain and dislike.
To all co comms such as Carragher,, Beglin, Hinchcliffe,Keown, Dixon and Souness, your sour grapes and bitterness, oh dear may god bless.
To Attwell, Scott,Atkinson,Moss,Oliver,Taylor,Pawson, and Dean the corruption is rife, and it’s all been seen.
Rodri handball the most blatant of all, don’t let it ruin your narrative, you lot want Everton to fall.
VAR what a joke, a made up rule they will invoke.
Stockley Park is a place for fools, get your act together and learn the rules.
To all at the Premier League, Everton stood by you when the greedy six wanted more, but after the Derby you lot couldn’t wait to post pictures of the Anfield score.
To all the supporters of other clubs, who wanted us down, sorry after 68 years continuous in the top flight we aren’t ready to relinquish our crown.
To Simon Jordan, stop wasting your breath, your negative bile about the toffees bore me to death
To all away fans who say our ground is unfit, you have 2 seasons left at Goodison before we Quit.
Another brand new home on the Mersey awaits, let’s make it a fortress and cheer new found greats.
We live to fight another day, with Frank at the helm we’re here to stay.
Frank gets the club, while the previous incumbent got the city, he gets the passion commitment and the pride.
Most of all he wants to succeed and be the toast of Merseyside.
Our royal blue fan base, the best around, home and away we fill every ground.
As we draw this season out, it’s been a kind of rough, to all on our board, never forget what’s on our crest. Nothing but the best is good enough.
NSNO.....UTFT....ETID....KAGS
An Evertonian

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 21, 2022, 8:34 pm

747man wrote:
May 21, 2022, 7:19 pm
THAT KIND OF SEASON
To all those kopites who aren’t arsed about us, but would gladly see us down,
The mighty blues are staying up, let’s all hit the town
To all at BT sport, Dazn, and Sky, sorry the blues did not fit your agenda, were not arsed as were on a bender
To all the daily rags, the daily fail, the Express, the red echo, and the star.
So sorry to disappoint you, were still here in the top flight even though you find it bizarre
To Commentators such as Tyler, Drury, Parry, and Darke.
Your bias towards us, is as old as the ark. You still harp on about Pickford on Van Dyke, no wonder there is so much disdain and dislike.
To all co comms such as Carragher,, Beglin, Hinchcliffe,Keown, Dixon and Souness, your sour grapes and bitterness, oh dear may god bless.
To Attwell, Scott,Atkinson,Moss,Oliver,Taylor,Pawson, and Dean the corruption is rife, and it’s all been seen.
Rodri handball the most blatant of all, don’t let it ruin your narrative, you lot want Everton to fall.
VAR what a joke, a made up rule they will invoke.
Stockley Park is a place for fools, get your act together and learn the rules.
To all at the Premier League, Everton stood by you when the greedy six wanted more, but after the Derby you lot couldn’t wait to post pictures of the Anfield score.
To all the supporters of other clubs, who wanted us down, sorry after 68 years continuous in the top flight we aren’t ready to relinquish our crown.
To Simon Jordan, stop wasting your breath, your negative bile about the toffees bore me to death
To all away fans who say our ground is unfit, you have 2 seasons left at Goodison before we Quit.
Another brand new home on the Mersey awaits, let’s make it a fortress and cheer new found greats.
We live to fight another day, with Frank at the helm we’re here to stay.
Frank gets the club, while the previous incumbent got the city, he gets the passion commitment and the pride.
Most of all he wants to succeed and be the toast of Merseyside.
Our royal blue fan base, the best around, home and away we fill every ground.
As we draw this season out, it’s been a kind of rough, to all on our board, never forget what’s on our crest. Nothing but the best is good enough.
NSNO.....UTFT....ETID....KAGS
An Evertonian
Reply from Oirish and the championship supporters clubs

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 21, 2022, 8:49 pm

747man wrote:
THAT KIND OF SEASON

An Evertonian
Lord Thunderin' Jaysus! That was a load of sentimental pap, wasn't it, 747? You should feel sad and humiliated that all the Evertons feel proud about is that they escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth. But, escape they did so congratulations to the Evertons on a wonderful and memorable campaign.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 21, 2022, 8:58 pm

Are we having a sweepstake on what month Frankie boy gets the elbow next season?

Think he may make it through October so I'll plump for November

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » May 22, 2022, 12:48 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 21, 2022, 8:49 pm
747man wrote:
THAT KIND OF SEASON

An Evertonian
Lord Thunderin' Jaysus! That was a load of sentimental pap, wasn't it, 747? You should feel sad and humiliated that all the Evertons feel proud about is that they escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth. But, escape they did so congratulations to the Evertons on a wonderful and memorable campaign.
spot on
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 22, 2022, 2:58 am

Yes spot on, a wonderful and memorable campaign. The People's Club is perhaps the principal focus of 80% plus of the pages on this thread. Season after season the Toffees absorb us. They're special.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » May 22, 2022, 6:56 am

I'd be interested to know, 747, how you rated the intelligence of the fan who goaded Vieira? A marvellous football fan and a quality member of society?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 22, 2022, 7:19 am

Brian Davis wrote:
May 22, 2022, 6:56 am
I'd be interested to know, 747, how you rated the intelligence of the fan who goaded Vieira? A marvellous football fan and a quality member of society?
Why stop at that one fan? The ground was full of juvenile delinquents and other idiots after the final whistle. It happened at Port Vale, Northampton and Nottingham Forest as well. The government and authorities are now wresting with excuses from raging cocaine use to post Covid stress disorder.

They're all low-brow idiots, no excuses needed really.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 22, 2022, 8:51 am

A glance into the future. Ex Leeds legend Pontus to the rescue to make up the goal difference disparity

FB_IMG_1653183810932.jpg

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » May 22, 2022, 9:58 am

747man wrote:
May 20, 2022, 8:05 pm
Still spouting shiote you clown .
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » May 22, 2022, 10:00 am

747man wrote:
May 21, 2022, 5:03 pm
COME ON CITY,TOMORROW.........That's ALL I Want to Say !!!
jerk.
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 22, 2022, 11:11 am

stattointhailand wrote:
May 21, 2022, 8:58 pm
Are we having a sweepstake on what month Frankie boy gets the elbow next season?

Think he may make it through October so I'll plump for November
I'm Wondering if Eddie Howe will get CHOPPED up in the Dressing Room.....

Return to “World Sports”