U.S. Politics

Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Giggle » May 13, 2022, 3:49 pm

Trump still living in millions of hysterical libby brains, rent free. Irrational lunatics often can't escape that which petrifies them.

Jump! Jump!

Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » May 13, 2022, 6:28 pm

Jumping but getting out of breath, when can I stop?
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 13, 2022, 8:34 pm

Giggle wrote:
May 13, 2022, 3:49 pm
Trump still living in millions of hysterical libby brains, rent free. Irrational lunatics often can't escape that which petrifies them.

Jump! Jump!
In contrast to the Orange Blob living in the brains and souls of tens of millions of irrational RWNJs. Talk about lunacy.

Suck, suck!

ps stand at ease, Westers.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » May 14, 2022, 12:11 am

Right, off to the showers then a bite to eat at the Mess.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 14, 2022, 3:38 am

Nice try Giggle. That kind of psychobabble bullshxt might be worth flying among Americans but it won't cut it with an international audience. American democracy, thanks to many GOP boofheads, remains on its knees.
Not a fan of secret missile strikes into Mexico!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 14, 2022, 9:49 am

Do you think Biden is doing a good job? I blame him for crippling the oil industry and going from an oil exporter to an importer. Nearly everything moves by truck and oil prices are a BIG part of inflation. The only good thing is that my Social Security will be getting a big COLA raise.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 14, 2022, 1:18 pm

The shift from net importer to net exporter in 2019 was tiny and a trend that had been building since the early Obama administration. The US was producing more than it imported as far back as 2013 but domestic consumption kept exports low. Trumpism made it sound like he was responsible for what in reality was an infinitesimally small change in fortune.
oilchart_520_111313.jpg
https://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-REB-21535
Trump inherited the tail-end of fracking boom which is an expensive oil production process. When Wall Street and the hedge funds that sustained the fracking boom finally realized they weren't all going to become 'big rich oil and gas men', the funding for these hundreds of fracking companies vanished. When Saudia Arabia and OPEC decided to cut production, US fracking imploded.

https://qz.com/2028009/why-us-fracking- ... il-prices/

A few years later, Biden was elected President.
You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 22, 2022, 11:38 am

Crazy crazy USA:

From The Washington Post.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » May 22, 2022, 11:41 am

glalt wrote:
May 14, 2022, 9:49 am
Do you think Biden is doing a good job? I blame him for crippling the oil industry and going from an oil exporter to an importer. Nearly everything moves by truck and oil prices are a BIG part of inflation. The only good thing is that my Social Security will be getting a big COLA raise.
I'll take the strength of the Biden dollar over the weakness of the Trump dollar any day!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 23, 2022, 6:18 am

I'll take the very tough on Putin over the mates with Putin attitude any day!

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics - Tejas style

Post by tamada » May 24, 2022, 9:53 am

Here's a hoot from the great state of Texas. Yeah, I know it's state politics and an indictment of the right wing lunatics in charge of that southern asylum but maybe they want all those lefty 'immigrant's who drove in from CA to make a better future in Texas to turn around and go home?

Texas lawmakers move to raise penalties on owners of Teslas and other electric vehicles

"Essentially, EV drivers would have to pay additional taxes somewhere between $240 and $400 a year because politicians in the state want them to pay for the equivalent of fuel taxes they would otherwise pay, Clean Technica reported."

Gonna tax yo' ass for doing your bit to try and save the planet.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/su ... owners-of/

What's happened since 2014 when it was noted that:

Why oil state Texas turns out to be friendly for electric cars

"As the land of big pickup trucks and Big Oil, Texas would hardly seem like the kind of place where electric cars could thrive.

Yet the Lone Star State is one of the friendliest for plug-in cars which, according to a recent Navigant Research post, have a powerful ally there: utility companies.

There are now around 5,000 electric cars registered in Texas, and that number is expected to grow to nearly 100,000 by 2023."

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/10 ... ctric-cars

These are the same utility companies who can't keep the Texas lights on in a heatwave OR a freeze.

YCMTSU

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » May 24, 2022, 11:23 am

GT93 wrote:
May 23, 2022, 6:18 am
I'll take the very tough on Putin over the mates with Putin attitude any day!
Me too (meaning Biden) and the strong dollar to boot.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 24, 2022, 1:35 pm

tamada wrote:
May 14, 2022, 1:18 pm
The shift from net importer to net exporter in 2019 was tiny and a trend that had been building since the early Obama administration. The US was producing more than it imported as far back as 2013 but domestic consumption kept exports low. Trumpism made it sound like he was responsible for what in reality was an infinitesimally small change in fortune.
oilchart_520_111313.jpg
Trump inherited the tail-end of fracking boom which is an expensive oil production process. When Wall Street and the hedge funds that sustained the fracking boom finally realized they weren't all going to become 'big rich oil and gas men', the funding for these hundreds of fracking companies vanished. When Saudia Arabia and OPEC decided to cut production, US fracking imploded.

I think your chart is a little outdated.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 24, 2022, 2:30 pm

glalt wrote:
May 24, 2022, 1:35 pm
tamada wrote:
May 14, 2022, 1:18 pm
oilchart_520_111313.jpg

I think your chart is a little outdated.
Read the text and don't just look at the pictures. I was specifically addressing and commenting on the net US oil production versus imports in 2013, well before Trump came along.

Now, if you want to talk about the MAGA moment when Trump declared they were a net exporter in early 2020, here's the truth.
importexport.jpg
https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=45216

If you cherry pick the type of oil, where you are importing it from and where you are exporting it to, it looks like this.
importexporttweak.jpg
https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=41754

Since US crude export restrictions were lifted in 2016, the Trump administration's impact on oil production was irrelevant.

Biden's administration hasn't made the US oil business any worse.

Return to “U.S. Politics”