Australian Election

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Re: Australian Election

Post by pepesgrill » May 13, 2022, 5:50 am

emotional appeal - australia is a racist place but
if we elect labor, it can be made right again. here's
our chance to embrace diversity. we have a muslim

emotional appeal - look , here's flimsy , inconclusive evidence that liberal party tried to
sell off australia . just connect all dots silly goose

emotional appeal- here , scores of secret interviews with nameless that are within inner circle
all giving testimonials of our pm's bad character

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » May 13, 2022, 12:54 pm

Barney wrote:
May 13, 2022, 1:15 am
Australia has been a multicultural nation for many years with heaps of paper Aussies and first generation citizens raising above their ethnicity to make australia great.
There’s no need to play the ethnic card as Aussies don’t care and need not be celebrated. It’s just normal these days.
Cheap low shot by labor.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, just a very cheap shot from labor. Multiculturalism started around 1788.
GT93 wrote:
May 12, 2022, 5:30 pm
What terrible times Sport? What concerns you?
Many many things.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 13, 2022, 1:30 pm

Would you prefer a bulldozer or a builder as PM?

An increasingly desperate Scotty from Marketing now trying to re-invent himself as Scotty 2.0. :razz:
Even Scott Morrison is trying to distance himself from Scott Morrison now

Where was this prime minister 2.0 when he was needed by Australians – as opposed to when he needed to win an election?
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... rrison-now

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 13, 2022, 3:01 pm

Barney wrote:The new world of the labor left.

Some fools think the left won’t go woke

Katherine Deves Liberal candidate believes Labor’s plans to axe key vocabulary within the party is a “complete betrayal” to mothers and women.

Women’s rights advocates say Labor has “betrayed” women by axing the words “mother”, “breastfeeding” and “pregnant women” from its official policy platform.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 13, 2022, 3:18 pm

Barney wrote:
May 13, 2022, 3:01 pm
Barney wrote:The new world of the labor left.

At first view, it certainly sounds pretty dumb, but I would love to see the actual policy document before accepting what this candidate and Ray Hadley have stated. I went looking, but could not find such a reference on the labor policy website. Anybody better than me at finding it?
Some fools think the left won’t go woke

Katherine Deves Liberal candidate believes Labor’s plans to axe key vocabulary within the party is a “complete betrayal” to mothers and women.

Women’s rights advocates say Labor has “betrayed” women by axing the words “mother”, “breastfeeding” and “pregnant women” from its official policy platform.

At first view, it certainly sounds pretty dumb, but I would love to see the actual policy document before accepting what this candidate and Ray Hadley have stated. I went looking, but could not find such a reference on the labor policy website. Must be somebody on here that is better than me at finding it?

The thought came to me, whatever, her comments are irrelevant, she is not facing labor candidates, she is facing Teal candidates and is not making a good fist of it.
Last edited by Whistler on May 13, 2022, 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 13, 2022, 3:45 pm

in 8 days time we will have the election. There are 76 senate seats and 151 lower house seats

Currently: What are your predictions?

The coalition holds 75 lower house seat and 35 Senate seats
Labor holds 68 lower house seats and 26 senate seats

Mine. Labor with a barely workable majority in the lower house and the Senate a pigs breakfast.

Labor 76 to 79 lower house seats and around 28 Senate seats
Coalition 64 to 66 lower house seats and around 25 Senate seats

Teals to win 3 to 5 seats and maybe hold the balance of power.
PUP to hold zero lower house seats
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » May 13, 2022, 5:55 pm

The silver spooners who vote LNP love it.
Attachments
scumooqvaQAA_gdq.jpg
Watch Me!!

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » May 13, 2022, 6:22 pm

Marjamlaw, l will rise to the bait, please provide the evidence that you inference in your picture. Not all those who who lived in the western suburbs are basket case individuals who victimise their lives and expect the government of the day whether that be liberal or labor to prop up their miserable lives. My father ground out 40 plus years as a labourer in the timber mills of East Gippsland and the lesson that he reinforced in my life was that don’t rely on others to prop you up.
Are you saying it is a crime to have self pride in how you conduct your life and of those who come into your life.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » May 13, 2022, 6:34 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 13, 2022, 3:45 pm
in 8 days time we will have the election. There are 76 senate seats and 151 lower house seats

No idea, Whistler, old chum but I have a genuine question from the back of the class. Is everyone in the Senate an elected representative or do any get appointed?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 13, 2022, 6:56 pm

Earnest wrote:
May 13, 2022, 6:34 pm
Whistler wrote:

No idea, Whistler, old chum but I have a genuine question from the back of the class. Is everyone in the Senate an elected representative or do any get appointed?
None are appointed at election time, if a senate vacancy occurs during the election cycle, there is a loose set of rules for appointing a replacement. However, the rules about winning a Senate election are terribly complex. To the extent that I doubt if less than 0.1% of the population knows the rules. Open to manipulation, within those rules, it makes your head shake in disbelief.

An example. Malcolm Roberts from Queensland became a senator, if memory serves me right, he only got 77 primary votes in the whole of Queensland.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » May 13, 2022, 7:06 pm

trekkertony wrote:
May 13, 2022, 6:22 pm
Marjamlaw, l will rise to the bait, please provide the evidence that you inference in your picture. Not all those who who lived in the western suburbs are basket case individuals who victimise their lives and expect the government of the day whether that be liberal or labor to prop up their miserable lives. My father ground out 40 plus years as a labourer in the timber mills of East Gippsland and the lesson that he reinforced in my life was that don’t rely on others to prop you up.
Are you saying it is a crime to have self pride in how you conduct your life and of those who come into your life.
You forgot the question mark on you last sentence.
Watch Me!!

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » May 13, 2022, 7:12 pm

Scotty now using the classic domestic abuse ploy. 'I might have got pissed and bashed the crap out of you last night but I promise I'll change, I promise, just give me one more chance':
Even Scott Morrison is trying to distance himself from Scott Morrison now:
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... are_btn_tw
Watch Me!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 13, 2022, 7:22 pm

marjamlew wrote:
May 13, 2022, 7:06 pm
trekkertony wrote:
May 13, 2022, 6:22 pm
You forgot the question mark on you last sentence.
Not the only grammatical error. 'that you infer in your picture'.

however, we are not syntactical editors. On this occasion, I agree with Tony, he stated his opinion clearly enough

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » May 13, 2022, 7:47 pm

Am sorry Whistler. Am sure I would have done better had I been a consultant :D
Watch Me!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 13, 2022, 8:11 pm

marjamlew wrote:
May 13, 2022, 7:47 pm
Am sorry Whistler. Am sure I would have done better had I been a consultant :D
Grins!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » May 13, 2022, 11:42 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 13, 2022, 6:56 pm
Earnest wrote:
May 13, 2022, 6:34 pm
Whistler wrote:

None are appointed at election time, if a senate vacancy occurs during the election cycle, there is a loose set of rules for appointing a replacement.
Very good, thank you, Whistler!
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 14, 2022, 2:02 am

There have been some pretty odd Aussie senators over the years. The Senate seems to pack a very powerful punch in Oz. Quite different from Blighty.

In NZ Cindy turned out to be much more of a leftie than expected when she didn't need a coalition partner. I don't really want to vote for her in the next election. Nowadays I prefer sensible Tories over Labour but the Tories too often have some stupid ideas or incompetent senior people. I can easily end up voting Labour to keep the Tory boofheads out. I'd score Cindy very highly for competence and leadership ability but that doesn't mean I'd vote Labour.

I hope Albanese rebuilds Australia's relationship with France. The French are nowadays needed in the Pacific. NZ and France used to loath each other but that's flipped completely. I also hope Albanese doesn't cuddle up to Washington as much as Morrison and Dutton do.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » May 14, 2022, 2:55 am

Hello Earnest,
This link may help explaining the process for the Senate. Horse trading by the major parties both liberal and labor in positioning their candidates of choice in winnable positions has in the past led to dubious selections. Sam Dastyari springs to mind.
https://www.aec.gov.au/voting/counting/senate_count.htm

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 14, 2022, 3:06 am

For those not Australian, one Australian senator once said in a radio interview that she liked men with big dicks. :shock:

NZ politics is really boring compared to this.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » May 14, 2022, 5:47 am

trekkertony wrote:
May 14, 2022, 2:55 am
Hello Earnest,
This link may help explaining the process for the Senate.
Thank you, it looks like a proportional representation system is followed.

Return to “Australia”