Sale of alcohol.

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Post Reply
udonfox
udonmap.com
Posts: 266
Joined: August 9, 2010, 11:17 am

Sale of alcohol.

Post by udonfox » September 29, 2021, 5:18 pm

Went into The Brickhouse today and was informed that the sale of alcohol will be open to all bars and restaurants in Udon, from 1st. October. Is this correct ? Cheers !



User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 16613
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Sale of alcohol.

Post by stattointhailand » September 29, 2021, 5:44 pm

As far as Im aware the Phuket sandbox will allow alcohol to be sold in restaurants but not bars on the Island under phase 1
Udon is scheduled for phase 3 opening (Jan?)

I may be wrong as everything seems to change daily (hourly in some cases)

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/th ... o-4-phases

udonfox
udonmap.com
Posts: 266
Joined: August 9, 2010, 11:17 am

Re: Sale of alcohol.

Post by udonfox » September 29, 2021, 6:03 pm

Quite a few bars open on Soi Sampan this lunchtime on Soi Sampan, one serving alcochol. No customers but they were open. Make of that, what you want ? Yes Stato, things can change here in a blink.

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 16613
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Sale of alcohol.

Post by stattointhailand » September 29, 2021, 6:08 pm

Certainly HOPE they have the "go ahead" to resume business, it's nearly 18 months since I've had a pool cue in my hand, let alone anything else that happened to come to hand whilst in the bars :oops:

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 4131
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Sale of alcohol.

Post by papafarang » September 30, 2021, 6:36 am

The other question is will customers return ? . no one I know is in a rush to get up town for the bright lights
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 8718
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Sale of alcohol.

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 30, 2021, 7:07 am

Not heard anything official re Udon opening up or much changing at all .. it appears Udon is still quite bad re covid and i believe (not 100% sure) it is listed a level 3 location which is opening up gradually November through to January 2022.

After 6 months off our bizz restarts tomorrow the 1st and i will be going to Bkk in the next few days , navigating the floods and BKK curfew now an added distraction... but armed to the teeth with vaccine docs and an official travel QR code via the government travel site...i will update on my return.

Looking at the orders that have come in ... Udon just a few cases for regular customers where as other provinces have ordered decent amounts all be it not so many are Bars or Pubs fortunately we supply quite a few minimarts , Lickher stores , Resorts , Farm shops , Bakeries , Coffee shops , Hotels for minibars ,and even a melon farm all of which seem ok to open ... also some restaurants selling take away or chancing it ??....an odd home drinking private customer as well =D>

Agree when Udon for example does reopen not sure how customer footfall will go .. im guessing pretty slowly until late late 2021 and into the New Year.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 6555
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Sale of alcohol.

Post by Khun Paul » September 30, 2021, 10:10 am

Or it maybe that with the current block on Public drinking as it were, many customers have refound the joys of sitting at home enjoyinmg a tipple often with friends and none of the hassle and noting they are spending far less than they used to.
I hope a resurgence of orders will make your business hum along nicely but I fear a drop in sales as it were , because of the aforementioned factors

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 8718
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Sale of alcohol.

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 30, 2021, 12:21 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
September 30, 2021, 10:10 am
Or it maybe that with the current block on Public drinking as it were, many customers have refound the joys of sitting at home enjoyinmg a tipple often with friends and none of the hassle and noting they are spending far less than they used to.
I hope a resurgence of orders will make your business hum along nicely but I fear a drop in sales as it were , because of the aforementioned factors
Time will tell KP .. im just pleased the business has cleared its throat and started to hum ... there are some of sound mind and body pocessing both logic and experience within the business community predicting once fully open post covid a resurgence in the entertainment industry with people having been restricted for months "" GO BONKERS '"...either way we shall see.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 4131
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Sale of alcohol.

Post by papafarang » September 30, 2021, 1:24 pm

always be some up for some Christmas cheer. normally a good time to catch up with some old faces. if everyone is vaxed , and you take a couple of extra precautions ie, don't go into packed or enclosed spaces ,in truth there is not much else you can do. this year Christmas is down to a few regular customers for lunch, cant plan anymore than that.
a couple of weeks ago I was shopping at big c. fancied a zinger burger ,but once I took a look at a dozen people inside I decided it was not worth the risk just for a crap burger. the issue I think with bars opening is that whatever bar you go in if it has staff they could have exposed themselves to hundreds of people in the last week. can you imagine telling the staff to FO and keep away from you. not exactly a great night out. But lets hope things improve quickly.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 4271
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: Sale of alcohol.

Post by Barney » December 10, 2021, 7:24 pm

Rather large turn out in Soi Sampan tonight.
Most eateries were doing ok.
Good to see people not hiding at home.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 12846
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: Sale of alcohol.

Post by tamada » December 10, 2021, 9:32 pm

Word from Pattaya this holiday weekend is that there are more 'restaurants' than you can shake a stick at.
You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand.

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 2142
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Sale of alcohol.

Post by AlexO » December 10, 2021, 9:58 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 30, 2021, 12:21 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
September 30, 2021, 10:10 am
Or it maybe that with the current block on Public drinking as it were, many customers have refound the joys of sitting at home enjoyinmg a tipple often with friends and none of the hassle and noting they are spending far less than they used to.
I hope a resurgence of orders will make your business hum along nicely but I fear a drop in sales as it were , because of the aforementioned factors
Time will tell KP .. im just pleased the business has cleared its throat and started to hum ... there are some of sound mind and body pocessing both logic and experience within the business community predicting once fully open post covid a resurgence in the entertainment industry with people having been restricted for months "" GO BONKERS '"...either way we shall see.

DM
Was in town yesterday. Many resteraunt/ bars. busy. SB and BH well attended, many bars fairly well supported and some really tidy girls in the massage places. Just looking for a friend of course.

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 8718
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Sale of alcohol.

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 10, 2021, 10:27 pm

Personally speaking i cant wai t for pubs n bars to open ..ive really missed having a beer for months.

Hopefully coming soon ..until then i will suffer in silence

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 6555
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Sale of alcohol.

Post by Khun Paul » December 11, 2021, 7:07 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 10, 2021, 10:27 pm
Personally speaking i cant wai t for pubs n bars to open ..ive really missed having a beer for months.

Hopefully coming soon ..until then i will suffer in silence

DM
Really stopped selling Beerr in shops then, allowing you to consume elsewhere or are you re3ally missing the social interaction in fact ?

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 8718
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Sale of alcohol.

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 11, 2021, 8:33 am

Khun Paul wrote:
December 11, 2021, 7:07 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 10, 2021, 10:27 pm
Personally speaking i cant wai t for pubs n bars to open ..ive really missed having a beer for months.

Hopefully coming soon ..until then i will suffer in silence

DM
Really stopped selling Beerr in shops then, allowing you to consume elsewhere or are you re3ally missing the social interaction in fact ?
KP .. whilst writing my post i did have my tongue embedded in my inner cheek .. though i have been steering clear of the demon drink in any large consumption for several MONTHS now.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 4928
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Sale of alcohol.

Post by Doodoo » May 13, 2022, 6:35 am

"Four-day holiday with two official events to be observed in Thailand, starting from Friday, Alcohol sales ban on Sunday"

https://aseannow.com/topic/1259499-four ... on-sunday/

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 12846
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: Sale of alcohol.

Post by tamada » May 13, 2022, 9:10 am

Doodoo wrote:
May 13, 2022, 6:35 am
"Four-day holiday with two official events to be observed in Thailand, starting from Friday, Alcohol sales ban on Sunday"

https://aseannow.com/topic/1259499-four ... on-sunday/
Good and timely reminder, thanks Doodoo.

We were discussing this very event at Chris's yesterday. Sunday is the ONLY 'dry' day.
You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand.

Post Reply

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”