Another Third Wanted

General Udon Thani topics only!
BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Re: Another Third Wanted

Post by BillaRickaDickay » May 11, 2022, 8:18 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 11, 2022, 7:44 pm
You need to recalibrate your Trolldetector Meter, Whistles.

And perhaps think twice before you respond. 👍
You got something there Mr Spratt, they're getting harder to detect, easy to get sucked in, one minute they're your best mate and the next they're crapping all over you.
You need them though, as UM could be a bit boring without. That's one of the reasons I tune in.

He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 11, 2022, 8:38 pm

Deary me.
Kind of wished I had never posted on this one. I accept that the request for a third to join was an entirely innocent request to join a discussion breakfast. The request could have been worded more clearly with possible subject matter included in the request which would have led to the more cynical of us not seeing some ulterior meaning. I apologise if any angst has been caused to the participants in the breakfast discussion and hopefully the blood letting on this one can come to a timely end.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 11, 2022, 9:06 pm

jackspratt wrote:

With respect to you and Rick, no. pepegrill is a troll, Tamada and KP are long standing prolific posters. However all are unpleasant in a forum that benefits nought from their efforts to denigrate. Not funny, not nice and not necessary.

I have no problems calling them out.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 11, 2022, 9:49 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 11, 2022, 9:06 pm
jackspratt wrote:

With respect to you and Rick, no. pepegrill is a troll, Tamada and KP are long standing prolific posters. However all are unpleasant in a forum that benefits nought from their efforts to denigrate. Not funny, not nice and not necessary.

I have no problems calling them out.
oh-puh-leeze.jpg
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » May 11, 2022, 10:03 pm

AlexO wrote:
May 11, 2022, 8:38 pm
Deary me.
Kind of wished I had never posted on this one. I accept that the request for a third to join was an entirely innocent request to join a discussion breakfast. The request could have been worded more clearly with possible subject matter included in the request which would have led to the more cynical of us not seeing some ulterior meaning. I apologise if any angst has been caused to the participants in the breakfast discussion and hopefully the blood letting on this one can come to a timely end.
Well said AlexO!

It's less entertaining, more just painful and more pitiful than noteworthy. I agree. (as if that mattered anyway.) It would be great if UM'ers spent their time attempting to be helpful and share experience rather than trying the one sided strikes and digs to make their own bubble seem like it is correct somehow.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 11, 2022, 10:32 pm

here is a novel approach.

Why don't Tam and KP accept that they are posters on this forum, have their opinion read and absorbed, instead of thinking it is their mission in life to act like attack dogs. Radical, no. More pleasant for form user, you betcha!

Let's take issues head-on, not personalities per se.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 12, 2022, 12:03 am

Bumping:
milkman wrote:
May 9, 2022, 5:22 pm
I’m not sure I should post here after reading all the bizarre reactions. We had a very nice breakfast with an Australian consultant last Saturday. But he lives a bit far from Nong Sim for him to be a regular. I hope he’ll become an occasional drop-in friend however. Anybody else interested?- Hopefully not including the contributor who is sure this is an invitation to sex. Write me at [email protected].

A few people wrote they thought I must be good at conversation. I won’t judge myself, but I will say I’m the author of Conversationally Speaking, which aims to help shy people reach out and connect with others. And I’m the co-author of Lifeskills for Adult Children, which is even more basic and written for people who were neglected or abused as children and are having problems starting friendships and relationships. Much of my life has been dedicated to helping such people. I relate well with them because I used to be like them.
This was the topic. We've doubled down on bizarre.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 12, 2022, 3:26 am

whistler's been given bad advice by his handler.
and now he's slogging around in sh*t so deep he
can't get out. poor choices in mates i'm afraid

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2022, 9:28 am

Whistler wrote:
May 11, 2022, 10:32 pm

Why don't Tam and KP accept that they are posters on this forum, have their opinion read and absorbed, instead of thinking it is their mission in life to act like attack dogs. Radical, no. More pleasant for form user, you betcha!

OK. I'll put the imagined attack Shih-tzu back in its hypothetical kennel.

Now, can you be a bit less touchy and self-absorbed and consider that not everyone's sense of humor is as tightly constrained as yours?

For example, some of my best friends are gay, black, vegan consultants.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 12, 2022, 11:09 am

baffling how he's incessantly dishing out personal
insults. then cries foul when hit with his own mud

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 12, 2022, 8:31 pm

tamada wrote:
May 12, 2022, 9:28 am
Whistler wrote:
May 11, 2022, 10:32 pm

OK. I'll put the imagined attack Shih-tzu back in its hypothetical kennel.

Now, can you be a bit less touchy and self-absorbed and consider that not everyone's sense of humor is as tightly constrained as yours?

For example, some of my best friends are gay, black, vegan consultants.
Nobody that knows me has ever accused me having no sense of humour. However I am not stupid either. I can discerned between outright insults and jokes, it is not that hard.

Maybe a tad of sensitivity is not such a bad foil against you lot. Again, pull your heads in and treat others with respect and not a barrage of abused thinly disguised as humour..

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2022, 9:06 pm

Sorry, but most of the forum membership still don't know you. The vast majority of members don't know me either and I don't know them. I don't know you. Forums tend to be a bit like that.

One thing I do know is there's no common sense of humor. Everyone's sense of humor is different. If it wasn't, stand-up wouldn't exist.

I fail to see how, "Consultant. Right..." can be construed as either an insult or abuse. However, if that's your opinion, so be it.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 12, 2022, 9:36 pm

BS. Tam.

Read the thread top to bottom before you make comments. Alan described me thus, not me. You and KP decided to make an issue of it, in derogatory posts. Nothing humorous about the posts, zero. Just plain nasty little digs, pull your head in.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2022, 9:52 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 12, 2022, 9:36 pm
BS. Tam.

Read the thread top to bottom before you make comments. Alan described me thus, not me. You and KP decided to make an issue of it, in derogatory posts. Nothing humorous about the posts, zero. Just plain nasty little digs, pull your head in.
Silly goose.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 12, 2022, 10:03 pm

No Tam. A bland statement, tell us why in a logical and reasoned post. Not just words.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2022, 11:24 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 12, 2022, 10:03 pm
No Tam. A bland statement, tell us why in a logical and reasoned post. Not just words.
Beats me. I have no idea why you are overreacting. I can't explain why groundless suggestions and ribbing by total strangers on a mostly anonymous forum consumes you so much. It is illogical and without reason.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 12, 2022, 11:58 pm

tamada wrote:
May 12, 2022, 11:24 pm
Whistler wrote:
May 12, 2022, 10:03 pm
Beats me. I have no idea why you are overreacting. I can't explain why groundless suggestions and ribbing by total strangers on a mostly anonymous forum consumes you so much. It is illogical and without reason.
He he. Caught out again. You make it too easy.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 13, 2022, 1:27 am

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
May 11, 2022, 8:18 pm

... You need them though, as UM could be a bit boring without. That's one of the reasons I tune in.
You'll be getting through a lot of popcorn then. Do you think we have reached half-time?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 13, 2022, 7:21 am

big tam , do you feel as if you're conversing with
many different people at same time when address
whistler ?rest assured ,onewill find grievous offence

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”