Proof of Covid vaccination

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 10931
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by tamada » November 20, 2021, 10:13 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 20, 2021, 9:35 am
And as of October 26, the United States has sent 55 million doses to Africa.
Awesome! Thanks!

The population of Africa was 177 million in 1950, and it grew 7.6 times to more than 1.341 billion in 2020.

You do the math.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Africa

This is not a pop at the US. It's the unfortunate stance of the more developed nations towards the vaccine (African) elephant in the room.



Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 1590
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by Kenr6583 » November 20, 2021, 10:28 am

tamada wrote:
November 20, 2021, 10:13 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
November 20, 2021, 9:35 am
And as of October 26, the United States has sent 55 million doses to Africa.
Awesome! Thanks!

The population of Africa was 177 million in 1950, and it grew 7.6 times to more than 1.341 billion in 2020.

You do the math.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Africa

This is not a pop at the US. It's the unfortunate stance of the more developed nations towards the vaccine (African) elephant in the room.
I didn’t take it that you were taking a job at the United States. COVAX has stated they they will deliver 500 million doses to Africa by the end of the year. The biggest issue, which I agree with, is that these are donations, and the country that is donating should make sure that there is enough for their own country prior to sending out to the under developed countries. I’m not sure what other developed countries are doing with any excess they may or may not have, but I’m hoping they are donating what they can as soon as the doses are available. But like you stated, Africa is a very large country, and because of that will require over 2 billion doses, but that will take time.

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 10216
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by parrot » November 20, 2021, 10:54 am


User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 5878
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by Khun Paul » November 20, 2021, 6:09 pm

When you consider that POLIO Vaccine has been around for at least 50+ years the whole world is still not vaccinated but now I believe only three countries are affected, so to vaccinate everyone will not be an easy job .

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 10931
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by tamada » November 23, 2021, 9:11 am

Since a few of us were fully vaccinated outside of Thailand, I will exploring ways of getting those unique codes recognized by the relevant Thai authorities so that a Thai vaccination yellow book can be had for local use. Chances are a few of us with vaccinations acquired in our homelands may try and get their Moderna booster in Thailand so it should be a test of the local system to see how they handle all that.

If anyone has already pursued this or had success, please post here.

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 13330
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by jackspratt » November 23, 2021, 9:33 am

I have done it the reverse way - having my Thai Pfizer jabs recognized in Oz.

My just issued Oz "International Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate" which looks like this:
Australian_Government_International_COVID-19_Vaccination_Certificate_Sample.jpg
with the main difference being that it shows the country of vaccination as THA.

You may note the description next to the QR code, which talks about an "ePassport Country Signing Certificate Authority public key."

This indicates to me there is probably some international scheme to recognize properly administered cross-border vaccinations.

It may be easier than you think - with the disclaimer TiT.

Mjkt
udonmap.com
Posts: 100
Joined: October 26, 2019, 10:33 am

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by Mjkt » November 23, 2021, 11:30 am

tamada wrote:
November 23, 2021, 9:11 am
so that a Thai vaccination yellow book can be had for local use.
AFAIK, the yellow book is of no use inside Thailand - its supposed to be for Thai's international travel? Everyone uses the Mor Phrom App and digital health pass inside Thailand. If you got your jabs overseas just show whatever the overseas authority gave you, presumably it got you the Thailand Pass to arrive in the first instance.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 10931
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by tamada » November 23, 2021, 11:45 am

Mjkt wrote:
November 23, 2021, 11:30 am
tamada wrote:
November 23, 2021, 9:11 am
so that a Thai vaccination yellow book can be had for local use.
AFAIK, the yellow book is of no use inside Thailand - its supposed to be for Thai's international travel? Everyone uses the Mor Phrom App and digital health pass inside Thailand. If you got your jabs overseas just show whatever the overseas authority gave you, presumably it got you the Thailand Pass to arrive in the first instance.
DM will be along shortly to advise of the growing list of places he's been required to show his.

...yellow covid book I mean.

The Thailand Pass verification of the overseas vaccination QR codes is done by the MFA and not by the MOPH who issue Mor Phrom codes and enable yellow books. AFAIK right now, there's no linkage.

As I suggested in my original post, those with overseas vaccinations may (or may not) have an issue qualifying for a local booster with foreign QR codes that for the moment mean nothing to MOPH who sanction boosters.

I have been here long enough (and have enough spare time on my hands) to be aware that nothing is universal in Thailand so I will pursue the possibility of getting an overseas vaccination more easily recognized in Thailand.

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 15077
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by stattointhailand » November 24, 2021, 12:39 am

As you lot already know, me and tech don't mix too well.
Am I right in assuming that when I get my second jab, I take a pic of the form on my phone & that is my proof of vaccination?
If so whats to stop someone using my phone to enter somewhere needing vax proof?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 1590
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by Kenr6583 » November 24, 2021, 1:39 am

stattointhailand wrote:
November 24, 2021, 12:39 am
As you lot already know, me and tech don't mix too well.
Am I right in assuming that when I get my second jab, I take a pic of the form on my phone & that is my proof of vaccination?
If so whats to stop someone using my phone to enter somewhere needing vax proof?
I’ve been trying to find where I can download something online here in the US to print out my vaccine record, no luck so far. The cards that are given to us have our name and DOB with barcodes and types of vaccine given and the date given. I took a picture of it on my phone and kept the hard copy.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 1590
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by Kenr6583 » November 24, 2021, 1:41 am

It would be nice to have something like the Australian government has provided.

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 8292
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 24, 2021, 5:53 am

tamada wrote:
November 23, 2021, 11:45 am
Mjkt wrote:
November 23, 2021, 11:30 am
tamada wrote:
November 23, 2021, 9:11 am
so that a Thai vaccination yellow book can be had for local use.
AFAIK, the yellow book is of no use inside Thailand - its supposed to be for Thai's international travel? Everyone uses the Mor Phrom App and digital health pass inside Thailand. If you got your jabs overseas just show whatever the overseas authority gave you, presumably it got you the Thailand Pass to arrive in the first instance.
DM will be along shortly to advise of the growing list of places he's been required to show his.

...yellow covid book I mean.

The Thailand Pass verification of the overseas vaccination QR codes is done by the MFA and not by the MOPH who issue Mor Phrom codes and enable yellow books. AFAIK right now, there's no linkage.

As I suggested in my original post, those with overseas vaccinations may (or may not) have an issue qualifying for a local booster with foreign QR codes that for the moment mean nothing to MOPH who sanction boosters.

I have been here long enough (and have enough spare time on my hands) to be aware that nothing is universal in Thailand so I will pursue the possibility of getting an overseas vaccination more easily recognized in Thailand.
Indeed Tam i showed my little yellow book twice yesterday whilst visting Korat a hotel and governement office .. also was asked to show the Moph vax data on my phone as,well.

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com
Posts: 3107
Joined: July 10, 2005, 8:53 am
Location: Ban Dung or Perth W.A.

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by Bandung_Dero » November 24, 2021, 7:15 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 24, 2021, 5:53 am

Indeed Tam i showed my little yellow book twice yesterday whilst visting Korat a hotel and governement office .. also was asked to show the Moph vax data on my phone as,well.

Dm
Why, should have no place in local requirements?
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 8292
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 24, 2021, 7:25 am

I was asked for proof of vax and showed the book as its always with my passport ...it was excepted readily , the hotel i showed both book.and phone app just to show off 5555555
Btw .. the people asking did say any vax had to be within the allowed timescale .. for example Pfizer which i have had cannot have been jabbed over 6 months ago...so a booster in Feb or March 2022 is a defo.

Not all ask but so far i have showed the yellow book at only governemt offices , moph entry check to Bkk earehouse complex and hotels .. everytime i get a .. very goood mr so required or nit IMO my 50bt investment waa well worth it

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Mjkt
udonmap.com
Posts: 100
Joined: October 26, 2019, 10:33 am

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by Mjkt » November 24, 2021, 9:16 am

stattointhailand wrote:
November 24, 2021, 12:39 am
If so whats to stop someone using my phone to enter somewhere needing vax proof?
If someone else used your phone with the Mor Phrom app saying you were vaxed up there wouldn't be any guarantee on the ID unless you showed some other ID with it? But why would you lend your phone as it would open you to risk of being labeled in a COVID cluster hotspot and asked to go to quarantine?

User avatar
Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com
Posts: 3107
Joined: July 10, 2005, 8:53 am
Location: Ban Dung or Perth W.A.

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by Bandung_Dero » November 24, 2021, 9:50 am

My Mor Phrom app will not open without a 6 digit Pin so am I going to lend my phone and disclose the Pin to anyone = NEVER
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 13330
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by jackspratt » November 24, 2021, 10:08 am

stattointhailand wrote:
November 24, 2021, 12:39 am
As you lot already know, me and tech don't mix too well.
Am I right in assuming that when I get my second jab, I take a pic of the form on my phone & that is my proof of vaccination?
No.

If you install the Mor Prom app and register, a number of details, including a copy of your vaccination certificate, are accessible from the app - which as Dero says, requires a PIN to open.

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 13330
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by jackspratt » November 24, 2021, 10:20 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 24, 2021, 1:41 am
It would be nice to have something like the Australian government has provided.
It's all part of the plot to take away our freedoms, and submit to the CCP. ;)

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 1590
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by Kenr6583 » November 24, 2021, 10:50 am

jackspratt wrote:
November 24, 2021, 10:20 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
November 24, 2021, 1:41 am
It would be nice to have something like the Australian government has provided.
It's all part of the plot to take away our freedoms, and submit to the CCP. ;)
When I got my booster shot I asked the guy who was inputting my info on his computer if they were going to make available to us to access our information on a website, and I told him the reason why I wanted to be able to access that info. He told me it would be a violation of HIPAA. I told him he didn’t know what he was talking about, that HIPAA only applied to doctors giving out my info to third parties, not me having access to print out that info. He just shut up. I think it’s just states like Texas not wanting to provide that info to individuals to prove some kind of point of not providing “vaccine passports “, because I read where other states were doing what Australia is doing. Just more political BS by a bunch of ignorant individuals.

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 15077
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by stattointhailand » November 24, 2021, 1:26 pm

Mjkt wrote:
November 24, 2021, 9:16 am
stattointhailand wrote:
November 24, 2021, 12:39 am
If so whats to stop someone using my phone to enter somewhere needing vax proof?
If someone else used your phone with the Mor Phrom app saying you were vaxed up there wouldn't be any guarantee on the ID unless you showed some other ID with it? But why would you lend your phone as it would open you to risk of being labeled in a COVID cluster hotspot and asked to go to quarantine?
errrr TIT

Hey Somchai .... bro, can I borrow your phone, I wanna go at at the Golden Noodle tonight with all my mates and i've not been vaxed"

When I was in Samui I witnessed numerous occasions where people gave their atm & PIN to someone to go get money for them so why wouldn't they give vax details?

Post Reply

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”