Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post Reply
User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 10931
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by tamada » November 22, 2021, 6:22 pm

noosard wrote:
November 22, 2021, 5:01 pm
Maybe some good news from the rising sun
Incredible new data out of Japan has left experts convinced the nation of 125 million has successfully eradicated the Delta variant of Covid-19.
New research out of Japan’s National Institute of Genetics suggests the strain drove itself towards a “natural extinction” there after several mutations led to it being unable to make copies of itself.
Pictures or it never happened.



User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 3023
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by noosard » November 22, 2021, 7:30 pm

Go to tokyo

User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 3023
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by noosard » November 23, 2021, 8:02 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 22, 2021, 4:53 pm
noosard wrote:
November 22, 2021, 3:24 pm
What is a conventional infection ?? or more to the point what is a unconventional infection?
Basing my comments purely on experience, conventional infections are either by a substance you eat, or penetrates the skin in some way thereby infecting the body , for example Bubonic plague ( a Human killer )< spread by rats, contaminating surroundings or even biting you

Purely Airborne , as this is is trickier to deal with, nothing to be seen and what is even more worrying, how it started, most diseases around the world we know how they started, Bird Flu, Measles, etc, but this Covid is a problem because we cannot stop it at source, mainly because we do not know the source
Its contagion transmission level fluctuates so , letting ones guard down like it appears they have in Europe is a dangerous exercise .
Unlike for example Chickenpox when the spots arrive you are no longer contagious, this Covid is a whole different ball game .
Maybe rats bite you
but the bubonic plague was spread by the flea bites which the rats carried to your home
(Thanks Shado for pointing this error out)

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 10931
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by tamada » November 23, 2021, 8:08 am

noosard wrote:
November 22, 2021, 7:30 pm
Go to tokyo
I just got back here so I'll pass, thanks.

How can any country claim to have eradicated a coronavirus, especially this one? Maybe the science of their claim is in the details?

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 2880
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 23, 2021, 8:49 am

tamada wrote:
November 23, 2021, 8:08 am
noosard wrote:
November 22, 2021, 7:30 pm
Go to tokyo
I just got back here so I'll pass, thanks.

How can any country claim to have eradicated a coronavirus, especially this one? Maybe the science of their claim is in the details?
It is because Japan is unique, all Japanese high school students will tell you that.
They are unique because;
They have 4 seasons.
Their intestines are a different length.
They have a different number of enzymes.
They are a completely homogenised race.
They do not fight when they get drunk.
Also they do not have censorship but every news outlet will give the same “facts” however far the “facts” are from the truth. (This is possibly the reason for the claim)

Incidentally they are quite capable of believing that 2 diametrically opposed points are true at the same time.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 8292
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 23, 2021, 8:57 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
November 23, 2021, 8:49 am
tamada wrote:
November 23, 2021, 8:08 am
noosard wrote:
November 22, 2021, 7:30 pm
Go to tokyo
I just got back here so I'll pass, thanks.

How can any country claim to have eradicated a coronavirus, especially this one? Maybe the science of their claim is in the details?
It is because Japan is unique, all Japanese high school students will tell you that.
They are unique because;
They have 4 seasons.
Their intestines are a different length.
They have a different number of enzymes.
They are a completely homogenised race.
They do not fight when they get drunk.
Also they do not have censorship but every news outlet will give the same “facts” however far the “facts” are from the truth. (This is possibly the reason for the claim)

Incidentally they are quite capable of believing that 2 diametrically opposed points are true at the same time.
Jury still out on those points STWW ... yes i agree they are different but whilst having the "entertainment" venue in Pattaya i met and witnessed many Japs that were totally bonkers before during and after partaking of alcohol , dancing and/or the pleasures of Sappho... odd balls but excellent fun.

Back on topic MORE .. just checked my MOPH app on phone and its been reformated ...new lay out of the vax history details from before.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 10931
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by tamada » November 23, 2021, 9:11 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 23, 2021, 8:57 am
sometimewoodworker wrote:
November 23, 2021, 8:49 am
tamada wrote:
November 23, 2021, 8:08 am
noosard wrote:
November 22, 2021, 7:30 pm
Go to tokyo
I just got back here so I'll pass, thanks.

How can any country claim to have eradicated a coronavirus, especially this one? Maybe the science of their claim is in the details?
It is because Japan is unique, all Japanese high school students will tell you that.
They are unique because;
They have 4 seasons.
Their intestines are a different length.
They have a different number of enzymes.
They are a completely homogenised race.
They do not fight when they get drunk.
Also they do not have censorship but every news outlet will give the same “facts” however far the “facts” are from the truth. (This is possibly the reason for the claim)

Incidentally they are quite capable of believing that 2 diametrically opposed points are true at the same time.
Jury still out on those points STWW ... yes i agree they are different but whilst having the "entertainment" venue in Pattaya i met and witnessed many Japs that were totally bonkers before during and after partaking of alcohol , dancing and/or the pleasures of Sappho... odd balls but excellent fun.

Back on topic MORE .. just checked my MOPH app on phone and its been reformated ...new lay out of the vax history details from before.

DM
Japanese porn is also quite unique or so I've been told.

User avatar
samster
udonmap.com
Posts: 709
Joined: June 3, 2014, 2:16 pm

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by samster » November 23, 2021, 9:16 am

tamada wrote:
November 23, 2021, 9:11 am

Japanese porn is also quite unique or so I've been told.
Too much use of pixelation.... so I've been told

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 2880
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 23, 2021, 12:34 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 23, 2021, 8:57 am

Jury still out on those points STWW ... yes i agree they are different but whilst having the "entertainment" venue in Pattaya i met and witnessed many Japs that were totally bonkers before during and after partaking of alcohol , dancing and/or the pleasures of Sappho... odd balls but excellent fun.
I’m just going on 27 years spent in Japan with the vast majority being in daily contact with the locals the.

The Japanese you meet outside Japan are already a small unrepresentative subset and outside the constraints of Japanese society.

In my time there I only saw 1 incident of a drunken fight and I was around the drinking establishments at closing time and on the last few trains quite often.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 10931
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by tamada » November 24, 2021, 7:59 am

How many smoking guns does it take?

Newsweek: How Dr. Fauci and Other Officials Withheld Information on China's Coronavirus Experiments.

https://www.newsweek.com/how-dr-fauci-o ... ts-1652002

User avatar
dalek
udonmap.com
Posts: 79
Joined: February 15, 2009, 3:11 pm

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by dalek » November 27, 2021, 10:23 am

Does someone know the rules specific to Udon about mask wearing when exercising outdoors - cycling and running for example?
Even a link.

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 4303
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by Doodoo » November 27, 2021, 10:25 am

There is no Udon rule as far as I am aware The rule is MASKs ON

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 5878
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by Khun Paul » November 27, 2021, 10:57 am

Doodoo wrote:
November 27, 2021, 10:25 am
There is no Udon rule as far as I am aware The rule is MASKs ON
Correct however it seems that applies to those that can afford masksd, I see so0 many NOT wearing masks, one wonders about health risks.
I photograph if possible every Police Officer I see NOT wearing a mask or helmet ( when rifng a Motorcycle ), you never know , exposure of hypocrisy could be advantageous

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 10931
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by tamada » November 27, 2021, 11:08 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 27, 2021, 10:57 am
Doodoo wrote:
November 27, 2021, 10:25 am
There is no Udon rule as far as I am aware The rule is MASKs ON
Correct however it seems that applies to those that can afford masksd, I see so0 many NOT wearing masks, one wonders about health risks.
I photograph if possible every Police Officer I see NOT wearing a mask or helmet ( when rifng a Motorcycle ), you never know , exposure of hypocrisy could be advantageous
Wearing a mask primarily stops the wearer from possibly spreading it. The efficacy or otherwise of mask-wearing has been done to death already and despite mask-mandates, it's still largely a personal choice. It's like pizza: not EVERYONE loves those seafood cocktail ones. Nobody has claimed anyone dies from Covid by either not wearing their mask or being around maskless divots. Same as nobody dies from eating a seafood cocktail pizza (but perhaps they should).

Personally, I don't care if anyone else chooses NOT to wear a mask. I wear a mask and my immediate family wear theirs. However, if someone comes into our yard without a mask AND stopping to wash their hands at the facilities I have provided beside the gate, I get all shouty.

Then I set the red dog on them.

Back on topic, looking forward to seeing KP's "maskless cops on bike's" photo album soon.

Seriously?

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 6743
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: Auckland

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by GT93 » November 27, 2021, 11:45 am

When I enter a shop, if I see people unmasked or not wearing one properly, I immediately leave. I'm really tired of the idiots not wearing a mask that covers their nose. I'm concerned about the shop assistants. Minimum wage and higher Covid risk.
Not in the bash 747man club

eagle
udonmap.com
Posts: 294
Joined: April 15, 2006, 4:10 pm
Location: Nong Na Kham, Udon Thani

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by eagle » November 27, 2021, 6:47 pm

tamada wrote:
November 27, 2021, 11:08 am
Same as nobody dies from eating a seafood cocktail pizza (but perhaps they should).
I have two friends, who could die. In fact they have problems already, if someone put fish sauce to food. And that is very common here. They need to have EpiPen with them all the time.

You are right, nowadays we have EpiPens and other treatments to help people, if eat something in mistake. Very seldom it happens that someone dies because of eating seafood. Still 20% of us have some level of allergy to seafood.

Still I wonder why my friends should die? Only problem they have is that they can not eat seafood.

Ps. I have also one friend, who would be in big problems if eats pizza, never mind which type.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 10931
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by tamada » November 28, 2021, 10:34 am

eagle wrote:
November 27, 2021, 6:47 pm
tamada wrote:
November 27, 2021, 11:08 am
Same as nobody dies from eating a seafood cocktail pizza (but perhaps they should).
I have two friends, who could die. In fact they have problems already, if someone put fish sauce to food. And that is very common here. They need to have EpiPen with them all the time.

You are right, nowadays we have EpiPens and other treatments to help people, if eat something in mistake. Very seldom it happens that someone dies because of eating seafood. Still 20% of us have some level of allergy to seafood.

Still I wonder why my friends should die? Only problem they have is that they can not eat seafood.

Ps. I have also one friend, who would be in big problems if eats pizza, never mind which type.
I would guess that despite those horrific challenges, your friends have excellent taste and wouldn't even think about ordering a seafood cocktail pizza even if they weren't allergic to shellfish.

My buddy was gutted after being diagnosed as highly tomato intolerant. This after around 45 years of happily inhaling pizzas. You probably would be amazed at how much tomatoes are used in everything not even close to a pizza. I was... but the upside was I got to get his share of the large double pepperoni.

User avatar
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com
Posts: 4303
Joined: February 13, 2006, 2:02 am
Location: Udon Thani Thailand

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by FrazeeDK » November 28, 2021, 10:49 am

lots of foofraw out there about this new Omicron variant out of South Africa. Here's a story on the doctor that tipped off health authorities to it. https://nypost.com/2021/11/27/omicron-v ... an-doctor/
Dave

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 15077
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by stattointhailand » November 28, 2021, 1:44 pm

Interesting ......... I haven't been a doctor for 30 years, but I could have guessed the new variant would be worse for the elderly. those suffering other major problems and the unvaccinated ......... perhaps I missed my "calling" in life

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 10931
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by tamada » November 29, 2021, 12:31 pm

Here's a good explanation about genomic sequencing and the current best-estimate of the time between initial detection, verification and 'bolting the stable door' as DM suggested in another thread.

"... Dr. Angelique Coetzee, a private practitioner and chair of South African Medical Association, told Reuters that on Nov. 18 she noticed seven patients at her clinic who had symptoms different from the dominant Delta variant, albeit "very mild". ...

https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/sa ... 021-11-28/

"...On 23 November, scientists in Botswana uploaded 99 Sars-CoV-2 genome sequences to this database. Like most submissions that day, nearly all the sequences were the dominant Delta variant. But three of them looked different from anything seen before.

Later the same day, an independent team in South Africa uploaded seven nearly identical genomes. These teams noticed that the new variant contained an eye-watering number of mutations in the part of the virus’s genome that encodes the spike protein, which it uses to infect human cells. Most concerningly, nearly half of these mutations had previously been seen in the earlier variants of concern (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta) or predicted in laboratory experiments to increase the virus’s ability to latch on to human cells. They notified health authorities of their concerns and began an immediate investigation into how widespread this new variant might be.

While these scientists worked around the clock, the fact that they had shared the sequences with the world as part of their routine process, before they even knew what they were, meant that other scientists, thousands of miles away, could study them as well. Within just a few hours of the sequences being shared, a post was made on the pango designation forum, a corner of the internet where virus genome experts discuss new sequences and assign name that makes it easier to refer to specific parts of the Sars-CoV-2 family trees.

The mutations in the new variant also alarmed the international scientists. It was quickly dubbed B.1.1.529 and prioritised for further study. Once additional evidence gathered by the local teams in South Africa had been presented, the World Health Organization (WHO) made it the fifth variant of concern, Omicron. Just 72 hours had passed since the original discovery. ..."


https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -regret-it

Post Reply

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”