"Amazing" America

World news discussion forum
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: "Amazing" America

Post by tamada » November 22, 2021, 8:44 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
November 22, 2021, 8:19 pm
If I understand Wisconsin State law correctly the kid did nothing illegal by anything he did. Teenagers are not often rational thinkers and from the video, you can see why he felt threatened on the three occasions. The upshot is that two people are dead from this. Perhaps the prosecution should have spent more time on his claims of self-defence than on focusing on whether he killed and shot three men. The kid already admitted to that.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/kyle-ritt ... -1.6256209
Some of the judge's preconditions and rulings didn't do the prosecution any favours either. Maybe they should have asked why Rittenhouse chose to 'phone a friend' rather than use his EMT trauma kit on his first victim? His defence took great pains to point out how this was a good kid with good intent who went to help others as evidenced by his medical fanny pack.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 22, 2021, 10:38 pm

This may be true but it is not easy for a 17-year old to process information when someone is seemingly trying to take your weapon. The kid acted in self-defence. Most people would.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 23, 2021, 12:10 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
November 22, 2021, 10:38 pm
This may be true but it is not easy for a 17-year old to process information when someone is seemingly trying to take your weapon. The kid acted in self-defence. Most people would.
Which pretty much rests the case for those wanting to ban guns does it not? .... not enough bloody brains and common sense to be let lose with a deadly weapon

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 23, 2021, 12:55 am

stattointhailand wrote:
November 23, 2021, 12:10 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Which pretty much rests the case for those wanting to ban guns does it not? .... not enough bloody brains and common sense to be let lose with a deadly weapon
'let loose'...It's a U.S. question and a U.S. Constitution for the U.S. to figure out. The guys who attacked the kid were much older than him, but did not seem to make good use of their brains and common sense either. It is horrific.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 23, 2021, 12:59 am

stattointhailand wrote:
November 23, 2021, 12:10 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Ban guns all you want, the criminals will always have them which is the problem. Kyle was a naive 17 year old boy who thought he could help with the black lives don't matter protesters rioting and destroying the town. Here we have a young man with no criminal record being attacked by 3 criminals rioting and burning the town, one of them a convicted sex offender and pointing a loaded gun in his face after knocking him to the ground. This is the fault of the Democrat states not dealing with these rioters.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 23, 2021, 2:42 am

"This is the fault of the Democrat states not dealing with these rioters."

Yes I have heard of this requirement where rioters first ask individuals if they are Democrats or Republicans before they shoot them. This is a new selective way of riding the world of Democrats

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 23, 2021, 4:47 am

This whole guns / right to bear arms issue in the US most certainly does get folks blood pressure rising with fair arguments on both sides fore and against .. this whilst nary a comment on UM re Thai gun crime ... there isnt a single day goes by without a shooting event on the news most days multiple cases.. it seems getting a gun here is just as easy as in the States...licensing seems to mean little .

Just sayin.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 23, 2021, 6:12 am

jai yen yen wrote:
November 23, 2021, 12:59 am
This is the fault of the Democrat states not dealing with these rioters.
Absolutely correct.

It is no coincidence that these SJW riots of arson, destruction and mayhem do NOT occur in states and cities governed by Republicans.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 23, 2021, 7:07 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 23, 2021, 4:47 am
This whole guns / right to bear arms issue in the US most certainly does get folks blood pressure rising with fair arguments on both sides fore and against .. this whilst nary a comment on UM re Thai gun crime ... there isnt a single day goes by without a shooting event on the news most days multiple cases.. it seems getting a gun here is just as easy as in the States...licensing seems to mean little .

Just sayin.

DM
The difference here is that the vast majority of Guns are obtained illegally whereas in the USA any Moron can go into a Gun Shop and buy a GUN ( any gun it seems ).

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 23, 2021, 7:37 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 23, 2021, 7:07 am
in the USA any Moron can go into a Gun Shop and buy a GUN ( any gun it seems ).
You are wrong exponentially. Again.

Heads will explode in 3-2-1 of those subservient to oppressive government.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/gun-owner ... m-freedom/
Gun Owners of America Awards ‘Warrior’ Kyle Rittenhouse with AR-15 for Defending Firearm Freedom

What a great and fitting award.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 23, 2021, 8:14 am

When the NRA is down, the GOA get going.

YCMTSU
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 23, 2021, 11:00 am

Hilarious.

The lying-ass thug media is now interested in being truthful about Rittenhouse. Get your lawyers ready. You too, Joebama. You are not immune from your labeling Rittenhouse as a "white supremacist."

https://www.theepochtimes.com/cbs-corre ... 18231.html
CBS Corrects False Claim Rittenhouse Crossed State Lines While Armed

Good people with guns have an opportunity to save their own lives.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 23, 2021, 11:22 am

Who really cares, if Americans run around with guns killing each other, because of what some piece of paper written in the late 1700's says they have a right to bear those weapons.
This IS the 21st century , about time People in the US of A recognised that fact and woke up and smelt the roses. The rhetoric and rubbish spouted by many including their politicians is amazing , so often one wonders how they got to that position, then you listen to them carefully and you find that those elected are only marginally more intelligent than those voting for them.
It used to be a good Democratic Country with high ideals and sense of justice, it is now sliding ever so slowly downhill into a quagmire of complete uselessness and certainly NOT Democratic, especially if the current trove of moronic Republicans/ Dermocratics have their way it seems. .
They used to say ' God Save America ', I would say now it should be said ' God Help America ' as the Americans seem incapable of saving their own long established ideals and democracy.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 23, 2021, 11:31 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 23, 2021, 11:22 am
Who really cares, if Americans run around with guns
You and all of the others who have capitulated to government and who incessantly whine about it every time there is an incident with guns in America.

Go ahead. Count all the threads started by your kind. You'll get tired. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 23, 2021, 11:44 am

Right on KP let them have another 500,000,000 guns Then they can cal us when they are done . if there is anyone lefti

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 23, 2021, 7:05 pm

There are not enough hours in a day or breaths left in my lifetime to even comment let alone "incessantly whine" about every time there is an incident with guns in America.

BTW, if this kid did "nothing illegal" then ya might wanna have a good look at ya laws, and get em changed.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 24, 2021, 1:12 am

There is a big problem with crime in the U.S. The majority of black citizens are good law abiding people while a small percentage are criminals which perpetuate most of the crime. People should need a license to own a gun and take a proper course in gun safety and pass a back ground check. Some states do this already. Now you can ban guns but the criminals will always have theirs as most buy them illegally anyway. I believe in the right to self defense, if someone breaks into my house I should be able to defend myself and family. As well if I am attacked on the street I should be able to defend myself. Should I be able to use a gun or knife? I would say yes. Do you think Kyle would be alive today if he did not have his gun with him that night? A good young man would have died by the acts of some lo life criminals. That would have been a shame. Yes Kyle was naive to think he should be out there trying to help but that in itself is not a crime or a reason to die.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 24, 2021, 1:32 am

Good thing none of us white people commit any crimes here in the US or we would be in even BIGGER trouble, and it would be even more amazing.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 24, 2021, 4:34 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 24, 2021, 1:32 am
Good thing none of us white people commit any crimes here in the US or we would be in even BIGGER trouble, and it would be even more amazing.
There are white criminals, hispanic criminals, all races and colors. I was talking about the Black lives don't matter brigade and what these protests were about.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 24, 2021, 7:54 am

stattointhailand wrote:
November 23, 2021, 7:05 pm
There are not enough hours in a day or breaths left in my lifetime to even comment let alone "incessantly whine" about every time there is an incident with guns in America.

BTW, if this kid did "nothing illegal" then ya might wanna have a good look at ya laws, and get em changed.
Another one who never misses an opportunity to pile on America whenever a thread pops up. That is, unless he starts the thread himself. And look at the avatar he has chosen.

No, "there are not enough hours in a day or breaths left" in his lifetime to even comment. Yet he comments all the time.

Look at your posts. You'll get so tired going through them all. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “World News”