General sports news and discussions.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: English Premier League 2021/22

Post by stattointhailand » November 21, 2021, 7:35 pm

Only one man for the job .......
1) Club leg end
2) Known to be a "bosses man" who wouldn't dream of rocking the boat
3) Has the full backing of Rio/Gary/Scholsie and all the other mega pundits who insist that he does a "good job" and is only handcuffed by not having any good players etc
4) Over 1000 games experience
5) Available to start tomorrow ........... assuming there's a flight from Dubai

STEVIE BRUCE C'MONN DOWN :drunk: :guitar: :love:

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 21, 2021, 8:52 pm

I was thinking of Frank.

Yesterday, some wag on the TV mentioned Brendan.

Zinedine Zidane.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 21, 2021, 11:01 pm

Zezu is never gonna exchange Madrid for a Manchestet winter in a million years and Brendon already has the best Indian takeaways on his doorstep so no need to go to Mancland

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 21, 2021, 11:05 pm

Nice to see citeh giving their kids a go when they can.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 22, 2021, 1:21 am

stattointhailand wrote:
November 21, 2021, 11:01 pm
Zezu is never gonna exchange Madrid for a Manchestet winter in a million years and Brendon already has the best Indian takeaways on his doorstep so no need to go to Mancland
Ok.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 22, 2021, 7:13 am

HEY ALAN

AS PREDICTED.... Everton get a footballing lesson from the Man City B team ...

way more surprisingly Leeds find themselves in a real relegation dog fight after such promise last term, whats happened n why is the question.????

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2021, 7:19 am

MU will potter home this season in limp mode while their ignorant owners think that a team that doesn't have a hope of any silverware OR competing in Europe for a couple of seasons is somehow going to be a huge irresistible, end-of-season carrot to the best managers available?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2021, 7:21 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 22, 2021, 7:13 am

way more surprisingly Leeds find themselves in a real relegation dog fight after such promise last term, whats happened n why is the question.????

DM
Bielsaball's been rumbled, that's what.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 22, 2021, 7:28 am

tamada wrote:
November 22, 2021, 7:19 am
MU will potter home this season in limp mode while their ignorant owners think that a team that doesn't have a hope of any silverware OR competing in Europe for a couple of seasons is somehow going to be a huge irresistible, end-of-season carrot to the best managers available?
Michael Carrick named caretaker Man U manager only for the next few games until an INTERIM manager is named that will be in place only until the end of the season ..at that point i presume they will look for a decent proper full time manager after just surviving relegation.

Sounds like a plan .......... A VERY BAD PLAN

UKMTSU

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » November 22, 2021, 10:07 am

tamada wrote:
November 22, 2021, 7:21 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Nope. We outplayed Spurs for much of the game with a starting line up including 10 players who were either championship level footballers or kids 2 years ago. What Bielsa continues to achieve is unbelievable.

We've been unlucky with injuries to senior players but, regardless of that, we are over achieving with the current players and will continue to do so.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 22, 2021, 10:14 am

samster wrote:
November 22, 2021, 10:07 am
tamada wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Nope. We outplayed Spurs for much of the game with a starting line up including 10 players who were either championship level footballers or kids 2 years ago. What Bielsa continues to achieve is unbelievable.

We've been unlucky with injuries to senior players but, regardless of that, we are over achieving with the current players and will continue to do so.
The table doesnt lie Samster , only 2 points ahead of the last relegation spot currently occupied by Burnley ... with Norwich , Watford n Villa seemingly getting the new manager bounce .
Agree with your comments though i do have a soft spot for the mighty whites but dont follow their injury woes etc IMO Leeds fans should be concerned especially after such a good season last term.

Mini crisis ???? ... you wanna see a major crisis follow Scunny .. we are still waiting for our new manager bounce :lol:

DM

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » November 22, 2021, 10:22 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 22, 2021, 10:14 am
Leeds fans should be concerned especially after such a good season last term.

Mini crisis ???? ... you wanna see a major crisis follow Scunny .. we are still waiting for our new manager bounce
Concerned a little as wouldnt want to be relegated but, considering where we've come from in a few years under Bielsa, I'm not suicidal.

I'm aware of Scunnys struggles as, thanks to your comments, I had a sneaky bet on them being relegated (doubled with Forest Green going up). League 2 is looking good for me atm!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2021, 10:23 am

samster wrote:
November 22, 2021, 10:07 am
tamada wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM

Good points. Will the owners grant Bielsa a significant enough war chest to bolster this amazing team that he's built from scratch? The mid-season attrition rate and walking wounded affects all teams. Do you see where LUFC need some more depth and backup? Anyone out there you reckon would fit right in?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 22, 2021, 10:28 am

samster wrote:
November 22, 2021, 10:22 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 22, 2021, 10:14 am
Leeds fans should be concerned especially after such a good season last term.

Mini crisis ???? ... you wanna see a major crisis follow Scunny .. we are still waiting for our new manager bounce
Concerned a little as wouldnt want to be relegated but, considering where we've come from in a few years under Bielsa, I'm not suicidal.

I'm aware of Scunnys struggles as, thanks to your comments, I had a sneaky bet on them being relegated (doubled with Forest Green going up). League 2 is looking good for me atm!
=D> =D> =D> .. defo in with a shout ..Scunny were nailed on to struggle this season for numerous reasons and my prediction is coming to fruition .. they look doomed and a few signings in the Jan window will be too late. Well done for spotting Forest Green i would not have had them for auto promotion before the season kicked off.

Dont forget my commission when you win :D

DM

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 22, 2021, 10:34 am

Well, the Everton offence kept up their side of the bargain by getting shut out again in a hapless performance against City. However, their goaltender kept up his reputation as a sieve by letting three shots dribble by him. Doesn't anyone at Goodison know how to play the Bloody game of soccer!!!!!?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 22, 2021, 10:42 am

Awfully quiet in Nong Khai this morning ..INTERNET DOWN ..Alan ???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .......stats from the Man City game show possibly time the fat Spanish waiter started clearing his desk :-"

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 22, 2021, 11:24 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
HEY ALAN

AS PREDICTED.... Everton get a footballing lesson from the Man City B team ...

DM
Oh ! YOU Silly Man,The Man City B Team ?? What have YOU Been Drinking ?? Anyway I Didn't expect ANYTHING Yesterday, It's NO Disgrace to have OUR Injury Hit Team beaten by the Current Champions !!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 22, 2021, 11:29 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
November 22, 2021, 10:34 am
Well, the Everton offence kept up their side of the bargain by getting shut out again in a hapless performance against City. However, their goaltender kept up his reputation as a sieve by letting three shots dribble by him. Doesn't anyone at Goodison know how to play the Bloody game of soccer!!!!!?
So YOU Obviously never watched the SOCCER ( Oooppss FOOTBALL Match ) letting three shots dribble by him...That says it ALL...... [-X [-X

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 22, 2021, 11:33 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 22, 2021, 10:42 am
Awfully quiet in Nong Khai this morning ..INTERNET DOWN ..Alan ???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .......stats from the Man City game show possibly time the fat Spanish waiter started clearing his desk :-"

DM
NO, Internet is NOT Down, I EXPECTED That Result Yesterday NO Disgrace to have Our INJURY Hit Team beaten by The present Champions,Now Yet Another Injury to one of Ours....

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » November 22, 2021, 12:18 pm

tamada wrote:
November 22, 2021, 10:23 am

Good points. Will the owners grant Bielsa a significant enough war chest to bolster this amazing team that he's built from scratch? The mid-season attrition rate and walking wounded affects all teams. Do you see where LUFC need some more depth and backup? Anyone out there you reckon would fit right in?
We have had a big investment recently from owners of SF 49ers so, cash is there. Problem is, Bielsa likes to work with a small, settled squad so, unless we cash in on Phillips and/or Raphinha, he wont be keen on buying. I've no problem with that as it gives some of the kids a chance and, if we do go down, we will be in a good position to come back stronger

The youth squad is the best we have ever had. We even had 15 year old Archie Gray from the Leeds Gray dynasty travelling with the squad yesterday. Apparently, he is amazing and, if hes daft enough to play for his grandfathers country of birth, might be one for Scotlands future.

BTW, DM if you want to take commission on all my bets, I'm happy for you to come in - Huddersfield to go down and Torquay and Falkirk to go up are looking a bit bleak.

I reckon we will go in a run at some point and finish lower mid table anyway.

Return to “World Sports”