School Start

General Udon Thani topics only!
ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Re: School Start

Post by ajarnudon » September 4, 2021, 1:09 pm

A prerequisite to a school reopening will be that all teachers are fully vaccinated. We had to provide details for the MoE this week.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » September 4, 2021, 1:51 pm

Udon Christian had a two day break this week from online teaching. I believe my son said that the 'holiday' was partly so the teachers could get vaccinations.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 4, 2021, 1:59 pm

At Thai rates, by the time the schools finally reopen again, all the teachers will have about 3 yrs "unused" leave owing to them :-" Just think about the amount of "holiday" they have missed already :lol:

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 4, 2021, 6:06 pm

ajarnudon wrote:
September 4, 2021, 1:09 pm
A prerequisite to a school reopening will be that all teachers are fully vaccinated. We had to provide details for the MoE this week.
That was the rule back at the start of the school year
guess they forgot to tell the teachers

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 4, 2021, 6:12 pm

Guess the education guru forgot to mention it to the vaccination guru (I'm sure they have all signed up on some website or another though, so all is well)

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » September 5, 2021, 6:09 pm

That was the rule back at the start of the school year
guess they forgot to tell the teachers
[/quote]
The school I work for is in Bangkok and it never reopened at the start of the school year. I have been teaching online from home in our village outside Udon for the past four months. Ours is a large private bilingual school (4,000 students) and students get eight 50 minute classes, five days a week.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 5, 2021, 6:30 pm

Know a few anti vac teachers so I guess not try to hard

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » September 5, 2021, 10:49 pm

noosard wrote:
September 5, 2021, 6:30 pm
I am receiving vaccines from two separate programmes. The local hospital has first jab of Sinovac and second with AstraVeneca, and the Expat Jab programme at Rajabhat University which has two shots of Pfizer. Had the first jab from both programmes, and should finish both within a fornight.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 6, 2021, 6:45 am

ajarnudon wrote:
September 5, 2021, 10:49 pm
noosard wrote:
September 5, 2021, 6:30 pm
I am receiving vaccines from two separate programmes. The local hospital has first jab of Sinovac and second with AstraVeneca, and the Expat Jab programme at Rajabhat University which has two shots of Pfizer. Had the first jab from both programmes, and should finish both within a fornight.
Question .. to ajarnjohn ..so when you went for the Pfizer at the Uni when completing the paperwork did you confirm that you had already had a vaccine elsewhere (tick yes box ) and if so what was the response from the staff vaccing there. ? it was one of approx 8 tick the yes/no box questions on the form that required filling in.

Interesting to know on any multi mixed vaccine experiences , as news stories (from Bkk) of some people having upwards of 4 and 5 jabs which would obviously distort the national vac numbers ..plus is it safe ???

Also some news of teachers not wishing to be vaccinated ... one in Udon i know of who took a sick day on the vaccination days , surely IMO teachers should all be fully vacced by the time IF/WHEN schools re open...irresponsible not too.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 6, 2021, 1:49 pm

Heard the anti vac teacher is rushing around town looking for a vaccine shot now
something about pay losses

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » September 6, 2021, 9:10 pm

I didn't tick any boxes - I can't even remember if the form was in English or Thai - the latter I suspect. I was given a form and told to take it to the desk "over there". I did as I was told, the person at that desk asked me some questions which I answered forthrightly - previous vaccinations was not one that I was asked. Come school opening, any teacher not vaccinated will not be allowed on the premises. I think that Udon may start well ahead of Bangkok.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 7, 2021, 6:59 am

ajarnudon wrote:
September 6, 2021, 9:10 pm
I didn't tick any boxes - I can't even remember if the form was in English or Thai - the latter I suspect. I was given a form and told to take it to the desk "over there". I did as I was told, the person at that desk asked me some questions which I answered forthrightly - previous vaccinations was not one that I was asked. Come school opening, any teacher not vaccinated will not be allowed on the premises. I think that Udon may start well ahead of Bangkok.
Thank you for the reply. aj

I think its totally correct ALL teachers should be vacced or will not be allowed to enter school premises and teach.. more so what is the stance on pupils being vacced prior to schools opening ???? im guessing there may be quite afew anti vaxxer parents especially of the younger kids.

There was a tick box form to fill in which was in Thai and English , i was asking to try and confirm the current stance on mixing / multiple jabs re if its allowed and depending on whats being jabbed safe... i have no problem if a person wishes to get multi jabbed there decision though i would say after the first two there should be length of time before others ..also this will distort the national numbers as i suggested...and may be seen as selfish by some as there are thousands waiting for to get on the jab ladder.

I will get my second Pfizer jab in 6 days and still have BKKUDH Moderna up my sleeve as a future option, that depends when it arrives and if they will allow the Mod after Pf AND MORE SO IF ITS DEEMED SAFE .. on that more info is required down the line.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 7, 2021, 10:28 am

^ The idea of a Moderna shot as a first booster after the regular 2-shot regimen of Pfizer or AZ has already been the subject of many news articles and other online sources of information and opinion.

Doodoo will have the links.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 7, 2021, 10:57 am

tamada wrote:
September 7, 2021, 10:28 am
^ The idea of a Moderna shot as a first booster after the regular 2-shot regimen of Pfizer or AZ has already been the subject of many news articles and other online sources of information and opinion.

Doodoo will have the links.
Ok cheers Tammy ... can you or anyone update me re this issue to save me trawling through masses of internet media , i have FES meeting today .. thanks in advance .

Oh and please Jammy dont involve me in your lovers tiff with doodoodoo ...it would be unfair for me to take sides as one may be upset.

Back on topic SCHOOLS and VACCINATION .. surely it would make total sense for all teachers to be vacced followed by the students going oldest first and working down as in Uni , Mathayom , Prathom and even Anubarn .. there have been reports of youngsters not only getting and passing on covid but sadly dying as well.

DM

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 7, 2021, 1:30 pm

Although fewer children have been infected with COVID-19 compared to adults, children can:

Be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19
Get sick from COVID-19
Spread COVID-19 to others

CDC recommends everyone 12 years and older should get a COVID-19 vaccination to help protect against COVID-19. Widespread vaccination is a critical tool to help stop the pandemic. People who are fully vaccinated can resume activities that they did prior to the pandemic. Learn more about what you and your child or teen can do when you have been fully vaccinated. Children 12 years and older are able to get the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.

So in Thailand from what has been written only Front Lines Workers can gte Pfizer. Therefore children cannot head back to school until Pfizer is available. Moderna or Asta Zeneca are not recommended by the CDC

If any links are reqired just PM me and I will be more than happy to share.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » September 11, 2021, 6:47 pm

241710515_5033900109970571_7442253444218103357_n.jpg
:shock:

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » September 14, 2021, 7:10 pm

Our secondary exams have been brought forward by a week as the Government has announced that a programme to vaccinate all secondary students will commence 1 October.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » September 14, 2021, 7:47 pm

I understand that you cannot rely on the "news" in Thailand but based on this article:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... uent-tests

I think I have to find a way to leave this country. My daughter is 4 years old and I don't see how she can go to school anymore. Society is completely broken now. It's beyond words.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 14, 2021, 8:32 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
September 14, 2021, 7:47 pm
I understand that you cannot rely on the "news" in Thailand but based on this article:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... uent-tests

I think I have to find a way to leave this country. My daughter is 4 years old and I don't see how she can go to school anymore. Society is completely broken now. It's beyond words.
I'm with you.

Mrs tam informs that for all the fees paid less than 5 months ago and maybe only five hours of lackluster online tuition delivered, there will be a 2000 baht refund.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » September 16, 2021, 10:47 am

Doodoo wrote:
September 7, 2021, 1:30 pm
Although fewer children have been infected with COVID-19 compared to adults, children can:

Be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19
Get sick from COVID-19
Spread COVID-19 to others

CDC recommends everyone 12 years and older should get a COVID-19 vaccination to help protect against COVID-19. Widespread vaccination is a critical tool to help stop the pandemic. People who are fully vaccinated can resume activities that they did prior to the pandemic. Learn more about what you and your child or teen can do when you have been fully vaccinated. Children 12 years and older are able to get the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine.

So in Thailand from what has been written only Front Lines Workers can gte Pfizer. Therefore children cannot head back to school until Pfizer is available. Moderna or Asta Zeneca are not recommended by the CDC

If any links are reqired just PM me and I will be more than happy to share.
I'm not anti-vax, but this is concerning. Thankfully, my son is only seven.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ests-study
The best gadget is the human brain.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”