Certifying Thai Docs by Mail

General Udon Thani topics only!
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Certifying Thai Docs by Mail

Post by semperfiguy » August 3, 2021, 4:59 pm

Today I went to the 3rd floor of Central Plaza to get a certified copy of my wife's passport which is needed for official business in the USA. I discovered that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok now offers a mailing service for the certification of any type of Thai document, either stand alone or with translation of that document. The following website will direct you to download a copy of their legalization request form, and it gives you full instructions on how to EMS the documents to Bangkok. The fee is 400 Baht per document, and a 60 Baht return EMS fee must be paid. Separate money orders must be provided for payment. My wife tells me these can be purchased at the post office. Hope this helps someone else. It sure was a blessing for us.

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/publicser ... VZtuhPNyIc

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

marcsarge
udonmap.com

Re: Certifying Thai Docs by Mail

Post by marcsarge » August 3, 2021, 7:43 pm

Thanks semperfguy, Good information might be very useful in the future.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 3, 2021, 8:02 pm

+1 sfg.

Very helpful.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » August 4, 2021, 3:18 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
August 3, 2021, 4:59 pm
Today I went to the 3rd floor of Central Plaza to get a certified copy of my wife's passport which is needed for official business in the USA. I discovered that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok now offers a mailing service for the certification of any type of Thai document, either stand alone or with translation of that document. The following website will direct you to download a copy of their legalization request form, and it gives you full instructions on how to EMS the documents to Bangkok. The fee is 400 Baht per document, and a 60 Baht return EMS fee must be paid. Separate money orders must be provided for payment. My wife tells me these can be purchased at the post office. Hope this helps someone else. It sure was a blessing for us.

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/publicser ... VZtuhPNyIc

I was just now able to contact this department by telephone to confirm the instructions for getting a certified copy of Thai documents from the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok. The number I called was 025 751 055. The other numbers in the instructions didn't seem to be working. The clerk indicated that the fee of 400 Baht is for any document with it's translation attached. Any stand-alone document that doesn't require a translation is only 200 Baht. Only one money order, and not two as indicated earlier, is required to cover all fees including the return EMS.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”