Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post Reply
User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 2853
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by noosard » July 22, 2021, 8:48 am

People aged 60 and over, women pregnant for 12 weeks or longer, and anyone weighing 100kg or more can walk in for a Covid-19 vaccination shot at the Bang Sue Grand Station from Thursday.



Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 3786
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Doodoo » July 22, 2021, 9:05 am

NOO
Why would someone go to Bangkok a HOT ZONE and arrive at an overcrowded Station to stand in line for a vaccine that may or may not work Dependnet on what atrain is floatign around and then try and get back to Udon and then repeat the trek again in so many weeks?

User avatar
Niggly
udonmap.com
Posts: 3027
Joined: December 5, 2018, 5:51 pm
Location: Living in Doug’s Flop House Head rent free. It’s nice, lots of empty space

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Niggly » July 22, 2021, 9:16 am

^ because they are aged 60+, pregnant 12 weeks+, flabby & really, really, really want a vaccination?

Hope this helps
Coordinator for Tesco Lotus Boxing Events, fun times, eh

the-monk
udonmap.com
Posts: 863
Joined: August 20, 2012, 4:56 am

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by the-monk » July 22, 2021, 10:11 am

or maybe they understand that sitting here in ISAAN your chances of getting any vaccination within the next 18 months are pretty slim....... DESPERATION.
Stay safe.

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1641
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by pipoz4444 » July 22, 2021, 11:26 am

Niggly wrote:
July 22, 2021, 9:16 am
^ because they are aged 60+, pregnant 12 weeks+, flabby & really, really, really want a vaccination?

Hope this helps
Yes, that makes more sense. But can't understand why the Thai Authorities can define it like most medical organizations would, and simply say " those who are Obese, or have Diabetes, Kidney problems, Asthma etc. or medical evidence of other serious health issues"

Following their current guidelines the 6ft 4 inch 100 kg Beer Drinking Farang can get a jab, but the 5 ft 1 inch Thai lady working in the Market 10 hours a day (to support her Husband) weighing in at around 80kg and of "Cuddly" appearance, will get refused,(unless she is pregnant \:D/ \:D/ , in which case it may be a bit hard to tell).

pipoz4444

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1497
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by newtovillagelife » July 22, 2021, 11:40 am

the-monk wrote:
July 22, 2021, 10:11 am
or maybe they understand that sitting here in ISAAN your chances of getting any vaccination within the next 18 months are pretty slim....... DESPERATION.
Stay safe.
Vaccinations are available if you are willing to take what you can get. If you want to pick and choose it could be a long wait, but why would you do that??

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 3786
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Doodoo » July 22, 2021, 11:56 am

Newto

Why would you wait? To wait for the best Option regarding the Vaccine to show up Better protection, longer protection, protection against variants etc
Why would you wait? Waited over a year so far

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 5599
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Khun Paul » July 22, 2021, 4:04 pm

Niggly wrote:
July 22, 2021, 9:16 am
^ because they are aged 60+, pregnant 12 weeks+, flabby & really, really, really want a vaccination?

Hope this helps
Please stop describing yourself apart from NOT being pregnant, that is you to a T ..........lol

User avatar
Niggly
udonmap.com
Posts: 3027
Joined: December 5, 2018, 5:51 pm
Location: Living in Doug’s Flop House Head rent free. It’s nice, lots of empty space

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Niggly » July 22, 2021, 4:21 pm

^ Why in Gods name do you feel the need to keep butting in everywhere & quoting me with irrelevant, incorrect, off topic posts?
Coordinator for Tesco Lotus Boxing Events, fun times, eh

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1497
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by newtovillagelife » July 22, 2021, 7:35 pm

Doodoo wrote:
July 22, 2021, 11:56 am
Newto

Why would you wait? To wait for the best Option regarding the Vaccine to show up Better protection, longer protection, protection against variants etc
Why would you wait? Waited over a year so far
Because if things continue to get worse, and things are headed that way faster than ever before, you will just be a sitting duck with no protection whatsoever.

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 3786
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Doodoo » July 22, 2021, 8:01 pm

The reason the situation is worse is due to TESTING
The numbers for Udon everyday go up up up why because they test You will note most of the infections come from OUTSIDE while inside the number are manageable
All infected people then head off to the centers to be dealt with.
Yes if no vaccine sit at the house and with a vaccine best to sit at the house

ladda3904
udonmap.com
Posts: 105
Joined: July 10, 2006, 11:14 pm

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by ladda3904 » July 22, 2021, 9:07 pm

Please help me understand. I noted the discussion re. Pros and cons of getting a vaccine. I am trying to sort out who is and is not a medical professional. I texted the Dr. we use when in the US, and asked a multitude of questions regarding Vaccines. I also spoke with the doctor I have been seeing at Bangkok Hospital. It would save a lot of time and a Dr. Visit if I knew who on UDMAP is qualified to offer this advice.

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 3786
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Doodoo » July 22, 2021, 9:15 pm

LADDA

You as a consumer is QUALIFIED You must gather the information and from then make YOUR decision.
A Doctor, a Financial Agent, an Accountant, a Lawyer ALL offer information and advice. From then you make the decision.
Advice is always free
Good luck

ladda3904
udonmap.com
Posts: 105
Joined: July 10, 2006, 11:14 pm

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by ladda3904 » July 22, 2021, 9:19 pm

Bad advice can be costly. I see a lot of that.
I don't see many of the professions you mentioned here.

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 3786
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Doodoo » July 22, 2021, 9:41 pm

In teh END it is YOUR decision
I dont rely on others to make my decisions

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1497
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by newtovillagelife » July 23, 2021, 6:20 am

Doodoo wrote:
July 22, 2021, 8:01 pm
The reason the situation is worse is due to TESTING
The numbers for Udon everyday go up up up why because they test You will note most of the infections come from OUTSIDE while inside the number are manageable
All infected people then head off to the centers to be dealt with.
Yes if no vaccine sit at the house and with a vaccine best to sit at the house
I think the Delta variant has something to do with it also.

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 5599
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Khun Paul » July 23, 2021, 7:05 am

It is becoming apparent reading albeit sketchy reporting across the globe, that the Mix and Match idea that this Thai Government is following may not be all it was meant to be .
Yet another case of a death of a woman , ( suffering from high blood pressure ) following a second jab of a different vaccine to the first .
I think and following advice from my family mixing is NOT appropriate , what do other members think ?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 1418
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Kenr6583 » July 23, 2021, 7:16 am

Khun Paul wrote:
July 23, 2021, 7:05 am
It is becoming apparent reading albeit sketchy reporting across the globe, that the Mix and Match idea that this Thai Government is following may not be all it was meant to be .
Yet another case of a death of a woman , ( suffering from high blood pressure ) following a second jab of a different vaccine to the first .
I think and following advice from my family mixing is NOT appropriate , what do other members think ?
All the vaccines work differently, so mixing them would probably not be in anybody's best interest.

User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 2853
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by noosard » July 23, 2021, 7:21 am

Not much choice if you had sinovac first

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1497
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by newtovillagelife » July 23, 2021, 7:22 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
July 23, 2021, 7:16 am
Khun Paul wrote:
July 23, 2021, 7:05 am
It is becoming apparent reading albeit sketchy reporting across the globe, that the Mix and Match idea that this Thai Government is following may not be all it was meant to be .
Yet another case of a death of a woman , ( suffering from high blood pressure ) following a second jab of a different vaccine to the first .
I think and following advice from my family mixing is NOT appropriate , what do other members think ?
All the vaccines work differently, so mixing them would probably not be in anybody's best interest.
All of the vaccines have also been rushed, without years of research into possible long term side effects. So anyone taking any vaccine for Covid, is a guinea pig.

Post Reply

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”