Phuket Sandbox

Thailand news, views and comments
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Phuket Sandbox

Post by stattointhailand » July 21, 2021, 1:00 pm

As said before , whatever the restrictions imposed for the sandbox. if you can get out and about it has to be better than being locked in your hotel room for 14 days (even convicted murderers get let out of their room for an hour a day)

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 22, 2021, 7:50 pm

Conditions for re-entry through Phuket Sandbox - entering on a Tourist Visa (visiting Thailand for not longer than 60 Days)

I pulled up the Link below and its all good reading. A simply couple of questions, to those who know,

1. Does anyone know someone, who has recently re-entered Thailand, through the Phuket Sandbox process, or even know someone who is about to re-entered Thailand, through the Phuket Sandbox process in the near future: Re-entering Thailand on a Tourist Visa (visiting Thailand for not longer than 60 Days)

2. If so do you know,
a) Which Thai Insurance Company these purchased their medical Insurance from
b) What Policy Plan they Purchased
c) How many Days did they buy the Insurance for - 30 days or 60 days?

The answers to or details of Item 2, may help some weary travelers, which still trying to overcome the hurdles, from afar. It is specific to someone coming back into Thailand on a 30-60 Day Tourist Visa, which a number of people entering the Phuket Sandbox must be doing.

I see the Link, to siam-legal/axa but their must be other Options?

https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-t ... quarantine

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 22, 2021, 8:10 pm

I went on line through the, siam-legal/axa Link, (In the Phuket Sandbox) and filled it in, for the 60 and 30 Day option

For the 60 Day Stay, it came to B 4,860 for Zone 1 (which I presume is applicable if you only stay in Phuket). Price will also vary, depending on you Age, where you are Traveling from (Departure place), what Dates you are planning to Travel, based on the information in the Form.

Interesting, that it doesn't ask for you Nationality. It must presume that it is the same as your place of Departure

AXA 60 Day Insurance Policy.PNG

Hope this helps, someone.

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 23, 2021, 10:48 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
July 22, 2021, 8:10 pm
I went on line through the, siam-legal/axa Link, (In the Phuket Sandbox) and filled it in, for the 60 and 30 Day option

For the 60 Day Stay, it came to B 4,860 for Zone 1 (which I presume is applicable if you only stay in Phuket). Price will also vary, depending on you Age, where you are Traveling from (Departure place), what Dates you are planning to Travel, based on the information in the Form.

Interesting, that it doesn't ask for you Nationality. It must presume that it is the same as your place of Departure

AXA 60 Day Insurance Policy.PNG

Hope this helps, someone.

pipoz4444
This one is from LUMA (for 60 Days) and doesn't appear to be confined to Zone 1
LINE Application LINE ID: @luma

LUMA Medical Insurance with Covid 19 Cover for 60 Days.PNG

pipoz4444

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Post by bamakmak » July 24, 2021, 12:30 am

I am in the process of returning to Thailand on 19 August via the Phuket Sandbox. For those interested, I will share my experience so far.

The COE application is a two-part process, both done on-line. (I am going through the Chicago Thai Consulate). In Part One, you submit:

1. Basic personal information (name, foreign address, Thai address, etc.)
2. Upload copy of your first page of your passport.
3. Upload copy of passport page showing re-entry permit.
4. Upload copy of my Thai Marriage certificate.
5. Upload Vaccination card.
6. Upload Covid Insurance policy confirmation. A change from my return to Thailand last October is that then I only needed Covid insurance for me. This time, I had to get $100,000 Covid insurance for BOTH my Thai wife and me. I purchased both policies from Luna Insurance. A 90-day policy for me was 7,400 thb and a 30-day policy for my wife was 3,100 thb. There is ONLY 30-day policies available for Thai citizens.

I received my COE pre-approval the next day. My wife's pre-approval arrived three days later.

With Part Two of the application process, I uploaded:

1. Airline flight confirmation.
2. Hotel confirmation (needs to be SHA+ approved).
3. Receipt of prepayment of 3-Covid tests while in Phuket. (Cost of the tests for each of us was 8,000 thb, for a total of 16,000 thb).

I am now waiting for the final approval with my COE.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 24, 2021, 6:09 am

^ WRT to "2. Hotel confirmation (needs to be SHA+ approved)." Does that have to be pre-paid with the proof of that prepayment?

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Post by bamakmak » July 24, 2021, 6:28 am

tamada wrote:
July 24, 2021, 6:09 am
^ WRT to "2. Hotel confirmation (needs to be SHA+ approved)." Does that have to be pre-paid with the proof of that prepayment?
Yes. The hotel provides a paid receipt with details of your stay. You also prepay for the Covid tests with the hotel.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 24, 2021, 3:48 pm

bamakmak wrote:
July 24, 2021, 12:30 am
I am in the process of returning to Thailand on 19 August via the Phuket Sandbox. For those interested, I will share my experience so far.

The COE application is a two-part process, both done on-line. (I am going through the Chicago Thai Consulate). In Part One, you submit:

1. Basic personal information (name, foreign address, Thai address, etc.)
2. Upload copy of your first page of your passport.
3. Upload copy of passport page showing re-entry permit.
4. Upload copy of my Thai Marriage certificate.
5. Upload Vaccination card.
6. Upload Covid Insurance policy confirmation. A change from my return to Thailand last October is that then I only needed Covid insurance for me. This time, I had to get $100,000 Covid insurance for BOTH my Thai wife and me. I purchased both policies from Luna Insurance. A 90-day policy for me was 7,400 thb and a 30-day policy for my wife was 3,100 thb. There is ONLY 30-day policies available for Thai citizens.

I received my COE pre-approval the next day. My wife's pre-approval arrived three days later.

With Part Two of the application process, I uploaded:

1. Airline flight confirmation.
2. Hotel confirmation (needs to be SHA+ approved).
3. Receipt of prepayment of 3-Covid tests while in Phuket. (Cost of the tests for each of us was 8,000 thb, for a total of 16,000 thb).

I am now waiting for the final approval with my COE.
Thanks bamakmak, much appreciated.

If Thailand gets this current outbreak under some sort of control and and lessens the restrictions on inter provincial travel, I should be landing some ten weeks behind you. \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444

Return to “Thailand News”