EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

General sports news and discussions.
Post Reply
User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 14193
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by stattointhailand » July 15, 2021, 9:25 am




User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 12847
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by jackspratt » July 17, 2021, 9:50 pm

Speechless .... other than having a better feel for what samster was talking about.
A YOB filmed putting a lit flare in his bum strolled into Wembley without a ticket after a 15-hour drink and drugs bender.
Charlie Perry, 25, on Wednesday night boasted of dodging shambolic security at England’s Euros final after downing 20 cans of cider........
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15595227 ... o-wembley/
Yes a realise it is The Sun - but they have the photos.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 10124
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by tamada » July 17, 2021, 10:10 pm

^^^^ Mancini says the WCF will be an Italy v Spain affair with possibly another team (not England) easing out Spain for a crack at the Eyeties.

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 14193
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by stattointhailand » July 17, 2021, 10:38 pm

jackspratt wrote:
July 17, 2021, 9:50 pm
Speechless .... other than having a better feel for what samster was talking about.


A YOB filmed putting a lit flare in his bum strolled into Wembley without a ticket after a 15-hour drink and drugs bender.
Charlie Perry, 25, on Wednesday night boasted of dodging shambolic security at England’s Euros final after downing 20 cans of cider........
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15595227 ... o-wembley/
Yes a realise it is The Sun - but they have the photos.
Only the sun [-X [-X [-X

Amazes me that so many so called people ( only just on this evidence) would be there egging on someone who is blatantly, obviously, THREE PENCE SHORT OF A SHILLING.

Nan used to say theres more out than in (referring to the local lunatic asylum), and it would appear from scenes like this that she has been proven right in the 20 odd years since I left Blightys shores :roll:

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 7327
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 18, 2021, 7:42 am

tamada wrote:
July 17, 2021, 10:10 pm
^^^^ Mancini says the WCF will be an Italy v Spain affair with possibly another team (not England) easing out Spain for a crack at the Eyeties.
Surely the now demi god like Mancini sacked by Man City cant count out the South American nations .. tho Brazil Argentina dont strke the fear of god like before , Uraguay and Columbia are hard to beat .. on their day any of Europes big 6 could win the WC .. but as the recent Euros showed some dark horses there as well ...SO...how clubs qualify and the group draw will be vital .

(Tam stop reading now we are talking about qualification).. DM predicting the wee jammys wont more so looking at current standings ENGLAND may be the only participant from the UK

Possibly one of the most open WC tournaments ever IMO...

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 10124
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by tamada » July 18, 2021, 9:59 am

The LatAm teams are still mostly one trick ponies. Same same Poland.

Colombia and Uruguay are big fish in a shallow puddle. You may as well add Peru to the very short list of 'hard to beat' teams.

Any threats from the dark continent? Same applies there I reckon. There's a few absolute giants at their respective clubs but they fail to ignite in national competition.

PS: England are a three-to-five trick pony but even on their best of days, only one shows up.

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 7327
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 18, 2021, 10:03 am

tamada wrote:
July 18, 2021, 9:59 am
The LatAm teams are still mostly one trick ponies. Same same Poland.

Colombia and Uruguay are big fish in a shallow puddle. You may as well add Peru to the very short list of 'hard to beat' teams.

Any threats from the dark continent? Same applies there I reckon. There's a few absolute giants at their respective clubs but they fail to ignite in national competition.

PS: England are a three-to-five trick pony but even on their best of days, only one shows up.
So in basic Angleterre speak you agree theres a very open WC tournament in prospect .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 10124
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by tamada » July 18, 2021, 10:48 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 18, 2021, 10:03 am
tamada wrote:
July 18, 2021, 9:59 am
The LatAm teams are still mostly one trick ponies. Same same Poland.

Colombia and Uruguay are big fish in a shallow puddle. You may as well add Peru to the very short list of 'hard to beat' teams.

Any threats from the dark continent? Same applies there I reckon. There's a few absolute giants at their respective clubs but they fail to ignite in national competition.

PS: England are a three-to-five trick pony but even on their best of days, only one shows up.
So in basic Angleterre speak you agree theres a very open WC tournament in prospect .

DM
If that's Scunnyspeak for a long and ultimately uninspiring WC tournament bereft of any entertainment, then yes.

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 14193
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by stattointhailand » July 18, 2021, 2:30 pm

"If that's Scunnyspeak for a long and ultimately uninspiring WC tournament bereft of any entertainment, then yes."

certainly looks as if it could be another tourny where the tartan army dont have a 0 - 0 draw to celebrate

User avatar
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com
Posts: 6215
Joined: February 7, 2007, 9:12 am
Location: ຫຼວງພຣະບາງ, ວຽງຈັນ, ສະຫວັນນະເຂດ, ສ.ປ.ປ; ໂຕຮວນໂຕ (โทรอนโต), ແຄນາດາ (แคนาดา)

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 18, 2021, 10:37 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
July 18, 2021, 2:30 pm

certainly looks as if it could be another tourny where the tartan army dont have a 0 - 0 draw to celebrate
Nor do England.
ເຮົາຈະລ່ວງພັ້ນຄວາມຕາຍໄປ່ບໍ່ໄດ

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 14193
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by stattointhailand » July 18, 2021, 11:05 pm

Had a mega wake up call today ......... got a reminder of how mind numbingly boring it is to watch a Steve Bruce team.
Pre season away to York City (National Lge North (6th tier) and the commentator is coming out with phrases like "Well there's nothing available so he has to go back" ........ against a bunch of near amateurs,....... these twats are paid 40k or so A WEEK to have the footballing intelligence to be able to MAKE SOMETHING AVAILABLE .....
Great start to the season Lost 1 - 0 ........ might as well get used to losing early

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 10124
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by tamada » July 19, 2021, 2:02 am

stattointhailand wrote:
July 18, 2021, 2:30 pm
"If that's Scunnyspeak for a long and ultimately uninspiring WC tournament bereft of any entertainment, then yes."

certainly looks as if it could be another tourny where the tartan army dont have a 0 - 0 draw to celebrate
That's already been discussed and the chance of a Tartan army visiting Qatar to cheer on their overachieving hero's is as scarce as Papa ever making another Scottish footie pie let alone a rowie.

The whole venue is a kiss of death to the game IMHO.

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 14193
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by stattointhailand » July 19, 2021, 5:30 pm

Ive heard that because it's so bloomin' 'ot there, FIFA are proposing that instead of two halves, each game be in FOUR QATAR's ........ I'll get me coat

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 14193
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: EURO 2020/21 Tournament.

Post by stattointhailand » July 23, 2021, 8:06 pm

Due to the fact that we are only a week away from the Anniversary of this great event, and it is obviously so special to our Scottish fans, Gabby Logan and friends have put together this must see video .....

Sit back and enjoy , its only 2 hrs 20 minutes long, and a fair bit can be seen from FIFAs own colour recording

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3bcX8NaYW0

Post Reply

Return to “World Sports”