Conspiracy theorists

General Udon Thani topics only!
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Conspiracy theorists

Post by tamada » July 17, 2021, 10:31 pm

I saw a tagline for an online op ed piece that read something like "the disintegration of human society is beginning to unfold, exactly as predicted" and maybe a reference to the prediction coming from around 70 years ago? I omitted to bookmark the link for future reference which is annoying but I will have a look later but maybe it's based on some radical thoughts that were the Qanon of the 1970's? Does it ring a bell with anyone? I was nobbing freshies at Aston Uni around that time, getting pished at Edgbaston and having an affair with the wife of some leading light of the Peterborough Tories who was also on the board of the Posh. I think they were Div 3 or 4 back then.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » July 17, 2021, 10:58 pm

jackspratt wrote:
July 17, 2021, 9:32 pm
On a different theme - do you see the same sense of despair in the UK as samster seems to display on the Euro footy thread?

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=52962&start=500

It's pretty disturbing if it exists.
No, I don't see that.

But that's not to say he's wrong, I live in a different part of the country.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 17, 2021, 11:04 pm

That was Barry Fry in a wig :roll:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 18, 2021, 3:17 am

tamada wrote:
July 17, 2021, 10:31 pm
I saw a tagline for an online op ed piece that read something like "the disintegration of human society is beginning to unfold, exactly as predicted" and maybe a reference to the prediction coming from around 70 years ago? I omitted to bookmark the link for future reference which is annoying but I will have a look later but maybe it's based on some radical thoughts that were the Qanon of the 1970's? Does it ring a bell with anyone? I was nobbing freshies at Aston Uni around that time, getting pished at Edgbaston and having an affair with the wife of some leading light of the Peterborough Tories who was also on the board of the Posh. I think they were Div 3 or 4 back then.
OK, found one of many links to a story that has got some traction over the past 2 or 3 days. It's apparently the stuff of a recent Harvard thesis that's based on a study done by scientists at MIT back in 1972. Definitely not from anything akin to Qanon then.

"The new analysis examined data related to population, fertility rates, mortality rates, industrial output, food production, services, non-renewable resources, persistent pollution, human welfare, and ecological footprint."

https://interestingengineering.com/mit- ... l-on-track

Also cited here.

https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-c ... 84673.html

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 18, 2021, 9:03 am

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 18, 2021, 11:23 am

Whistler wrote:
July 17, 2021, 11:33 pm
tamada wrote:
You are so of full of it. Qanon 1970's what a crock of ****. What a piece of self promotion to claim you were. 1970's there was no internet social media.

a) at university and

b) a stud that that the faculty wives were at your whim.

A legend in your own lunchtime. So in the past you were a stud in Cuba, the USA, Australia, the Philippines, Texas, etc etc. What a boastful BS artist.

Settle petal. I spoke to somebody that knows you in Udon. He said you were a Walt Mitty guy, nice to meet in person, but a keyboard legend in your own mind.
And the the most obviously invidious post of day award goes to...

A was bangin' the 'freshie' first-year students (as you do), not Dean Wormer's ol' lady. Sheesh.

BTW, you missed Brazil, New Zealand, Peru, Cameroun and a wonderful, long weekend being a fake Born Again Christian in Sakatchewan just so I could get inside her pants. Oh yes, and the summertime gigolo gig for a 60-something Stuart FL heiress on Roatán.

I don't know but with Doodoo tracking down where I live and you tracking down my (alleged) acquaintances, if it wasn't for the vague stench of stalking, this fawning adulation would be giving me a case of the vapors.

Never mind, I will put your rather bizarre but ultimately tawdry attempt at character assassination down to period pain. That and having to endure the moderator-enforced time delays on your valueless utterances posting on UM.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 18, 2021, 12:15 pm

Faaark off, Katie!
British far-right figure Katie Hopkins has been dumped as a cast member of Seven’s Big Brother VIP and will leave the country after breaching her contract, Guardian Australia can reveal.

Hopkins, 46, broadcast a live video from what she claimed was a Sydney hotel room on Saturday morning, describing Covid-19 lockdowns as “the greatest hoax in human history” while joking about elaborate plans to breach quarantine rules.....

.... Hopkins has been allowed into the country despite tens of thousands of Australians being stranded overseas and unable to return home due to reduced flight caps.....
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... ine-claims
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » July 18, 2021, 2:29 pm

Earnest wrote:
July 18, 2021, 4:40 am
stattointhailand wrote:
July 17, 2021, 11:04 pm
Samster is Barry Fry in a Wig?
That theory has been doing the rounds in Leeds for years. Surprised you havent heard it before

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 18, 2021, 2:37 pm

samster wrote:
July 18, 2021, 2:29 pm
Earnest wrote:
July 18, 2021, 4:40 am
stattointhailand wrote:
July 17, 2021, 11:04 pm
Samster is Barry Fry in a Wig?
That theory has been doing the rounds in Leeds for years. Surprised you havent heard it before
Everybody heard it, just didn't understand it as it was in Tykemanistanish :lol:

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 18, 2021, 7:08 pm

tamada wrote:
July 18, 2021, 11:23 am
Whistler wrote:
July 17, 2021, 11:33 pm
tamada wrote:
You are so of full of it. Qanon 1970's what a crock of ****. What a piece of self promotion to claim you were. 1970's there was no internet social media.

a) at university and

b) a stud that that the faculty wives were at your whim.

A legend in your own lunchtime. So in the past you were a stud in Cuba, the USA, Australia, the Philippines, Texas, etc etc. What a boastful BS artist.

Settle petal. I spoke to somebody that knows you in Udon. He said you were a Walt Mitty guy, nice to meet in person, but a keyboard legend in your own mind.
And the the most obviously invidious post of day award goes to...

A was bangin' the 'freshie' first-year students (as you do), not Dean Wormer's ol' lady. Sheesh.

BTW, you missed Brazil, New Zealand, Peru, Cameroun and a wonderful, long weekend being a fake Born Again Christian in Sakatchewan just so I could get inside her pants. Oh yes, and the summertime gigolo gig for a 60-something Stuart FL heiress on Roatán.

I don't know but with Doodoo tracking down where I live and you tracking down my (alleged) acquaintances, if it wasn't for the vague stench of stalking, this fawning adulation would be giving me a case of the vapors.

Never mind, I will put your rather bizarre but ultimately tawdry attempt at character assassination down to period pain. That and having to endure the moderator-enforced time delays on your valueless utterances posting on UM.
I attempted to respond but the mods blocked my response as being off topic. Seems it is fine for others to attack me and not get blocked....what a hypocrit the mod is.

This post of course will be blocked
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 18, 2021, 11:22 pm

Whistler wrote:
July 18, 2021, 7:08 pm
I attempted to respond but the mods blocked my response as being off topic. Seems it is fine for others to attack me and not get blocked....what a hypocrit the mod is.

This post of course will be blocked
If you had asked, we would have explained why your post was blocked. When posters ask, we always explain it. Sometimes posters explain something about the post that we didn't fully understand, in which case we allow the post. We're not perfect. We readily admit when we make mistakes, and try to correct them.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » July 19, 2021, 3:21 am

Yeah, so there are some weirdos about. Udon seems to have it's fair share. Just to kill those theories once and for all, I only wear a wig when I'm dogging.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 19, 2021, 7:10 am

samster wrote:
July 19, 2021, 3:21 am
Yeah, so there are some weirdos about. Udon seems to have it's fair share. Just to kill those theories once and for all, I only wear a wig when I'm dogging.
I wear a rimmed hat for sun protection whilst out with the dogs .. im of the opinion a wig may be a tad hot and sweaty.

as info only

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » July 19, 2021, 9:40 am

Whistler wrote:
July 16, 2021, 9:24 pm
Interesting article worthy of note

https://www.ccn.com/people-behind-qanon ... -revealed/

Our own Semperiguy (or whatever the spelling is) and Mickojack were enthusiastic followers of Qanon, every one of their predictions has proven to be wrong, every single one without exception. But quite a few on here are happy to latch onto the cynical conspiracy theories from this strange phenomena.

Six months down the line from the inauguration, DM's theory that Kamila Harris will take over from an institutionalised Biden is now thoroughly debunked. A Qanon theory that has zero basis. Trekkertony on the cusp of the conspiracy theories and his man love for Trump is looking more than a bit silly. Barney a well established lover of all things Fox looks equally marooned by facts overtaking right wing bias. Giggle and the voluminous Declan are looking more pathetic by the day.

Are you in possession of a Black book?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 19, 2021, 9:51 am

Chuchi wrote:
July 19, 2021, 9:40 am
Whistler wrote:

Our own Semperiguy (or whatever the spelling is) and Mickojack were enthusiastic followers of Qanon, every one of their predictions has proven to be wrong, every single one without exception. But quite a few on here are happy to latch onto the cynical conspiracy theories from this strange phenomena.

Six months down the line from the inauguration, DM's theory that Kamila Harris will take over from an institutionalised Biden is now thoroughly debunked. A Qanon theory that has zero basis. Trekkertony on the cusp of the conspiracy theories and his man love for Trump is looking more than a bit silly. Barney a well established lover of all things Fox looks equally marooned by facts overtaking right wing bias. Giggle and the voluminous Declan are looking more pathetic by the day.

An almost Whizzest contribution .

How was i to know Ms Harris would turn out to be a bigger cackling fruitcake than sleepy Joe .. its still up for grabs who is actually in charge regardless of where they roost.

Must say pleased my earlier comments were remembered and all i ever wanted was a reaction ..took a while but thanks

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 19, 2021, 11:05 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 19, 2021, 9:51 am
Chuchi wrote:
July 19, 2021, 9:40 am
Whistler wrote:

An almost Whizzest contribution .

How was i to know Ms Harris would turn out to be a bigger cackling fruitcake than sleepy Joe .. its still up for grabs who is actually in charge regardless of where they roost.

Must say pleased my earlier comments were remembered and all i ever wanted was a reaction ..took a while but thanks

DM
Correct you did not know. Didn't stop you making the posting regardless. You said with all the certainty of an expert that Biden would fail and Harris would take over. I didn't happen and there was no basis for ever thinking it would.

Well Biden has not failed, the 'Sleepy Joe' tag is hardly trotted out by anybody anymore as he has introduced a massively radical program to re-invigorate the US economy, he has managed the Vaccine roll out pretty well and he has re-established international relations with so many allies that Trump pissed off. You can agree or disagree with his policies, what is not supportable is the assertation that he has been asleep on the job and is an incoherent dementia candidate.

Who is in charge is not up for grabs at all, what single piece of evidence supports that claim? Biden has seized the presidency and is vigorously prosecuting his agenda.

What we are seeing now is an uneducated white, Christian, regionally based minority in disarray. They feel that their America is being taken away so they back a Republican party that shifts further and further to the right and have abandoned any pretext of supporting democracy. They preserve the outrageous gerrymandering of congressional districts, hang on to the 'Big Lie', stage ridiculous stunts like the Maricopa 'Audit' and are running around like headless chickens trying to make it hard for minorities to vote.

I was never a Biden fan, anybody other than Trump was my view. He has however exceeded my expectations. If you are going to slag off at US politicians, there are far worse targets than Joe Biden.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 19, 2021, 5:03 pm

Off topic posts removed. This is not the thread for discussion of which posts are removed, and why.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 19, 2021, 5:22 pm

DM wrote. 'Must say pleased my earlier comments were remembered and all i ever wanted was a reaction ..took a while but thanks'

Every time you make a statement that has proven to be false, or slag off at others with zero knowledge of the subject, you claim it is said in jest, or provoking a reaction. It more than a bit tiresome and disingenuous.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 19, 2021, 9:38 pm

I think there’s a conspiracy in every time I try to open this particular thread to have a read it crashes out telling me Network Connection Has Been Lost.
Takes 3 or 4 attempts to open, no other thread is a problem.

Is there some higher power stopping interaction on this subject?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » July 19, 2021, 10:54 pm

tamada wrote:
In my last posting with the RAF, at a very high level, now defunct NATO unit, I had access to files of the highest possible security clearance, the master file had an opening paragraph which highlighted the future possible problems which NATO and the UK would face in the future. Key amongst its points was the movement of sub Saharan peoples to Europe, and the de-stabilization it would cause, if anything , the report under-estimated future happenings.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”