General Discussion of UK Politics

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: General Discussion of UK Politics

Post by jackspratt » May 29, 2021, 9:14 pm

What is the old saying about self praise........

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 29, 2021, 9:31 pm

Comorn jack yer not catching me out that easy ...you know that saying off by heart ...

shouldnt you be moderating the joke thread :lol: :-#

Gotta dash my fav Thai Saturday soap is on ch 3 n my horlicks is now at the perfect temp ..

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 29, 2021, 9:42 pm

So this is not the joke thread?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 29, 2021, 9:55 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 29, 2021, 8:05 pm
Earnest wrote:
May 29, 2021, 6:37 pm
I think the term, 'politically correct' is obsolete now but something that the left wing hid behind in events leading up to George Floyd. These days, it's a visible left wing bias perpetuated by Unions, the Labour Party, the universities and the media (BBC, ITV and Sky). This is in opposition to the views of a populaution that gives the Conservatives in excess of an 80 seat majority in the House, the public don't buy Woke, whatever you're being told by the media.
I hope so Earnest..

Tam your missing the point ... THE MEDIA failed to give these anniversaries any air time not the individuals you named who showed respect in numerous ways .. waiting on the kleenex ome in handy at the mo .. grab or Panda ??

DM
If the kleenex don't arrive you can always go back to using socks

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 30, 2021, 7:24 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 29, 2021, 8:05 pm
Earnest wrote:
May 29, 2021, 6:37 pm
I think the term, 'politically correct' is obsolete now but something that the left wing hid behind in events leading up to George Floyd. These days, it's a visible left wing bias perpetuated by Unions, the Labour Party, the universities and the media (BBC, ITV and Sky). This is in opposition to the views of a populaution that gives the Conservatives in excess of an 80 seat majority in the House, the public don't buy Woke, whatever you're being told by the media.
I hope so Earnest..

Tam your missing the point ... THE MEDIA failed to give these anniversaries any air time not the individuals you named who showed respect in numerous ways .. waiting on the kleenex ome in handy at the mo .. grab or Panda ??

DM
No, you FAILED by expecting msm to do what you knew they wouldn't do. Does the right winger go to CNN for their news? Does the left winger go to Fox for their news? No, the needy ones from opposite ends of the spectrum go to their "enemy" sites just to make themselves feel good: their affirmation echo chamber. "Oh look! MSM is disrespecting those white folks killed by Muslims and minorities!" Rubbish! Wake up and STOP feeding the Woke brigade.

In other news, I note that a few of the more popular right-leaning "alternative facters" are protesting YouTube's alleged interference with their free speech. They have set up their own, independent, free-speech web sites... that you need to buy a PAID subscription to access. Yes, the prime movers of right wing free speech want you to pay them to fill your head with sh*t. YCMTSU.

Keep on gurning.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 30, 2021, 7:47 am

BTW, the arch cynicist Boris Johnson got married to "the Prime Minister's girlfriend" yesterday in a super-secret, socially-distanced wee affair in London. Didn't you get an invite?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 30, 2021, 8:02 am

tamada wrote:
May 30, 2021, 7:47 am
BTW, the arch cynicist Boris Johnson got married to "the Prime Minister's girlfriend" yesterday in a super-secret, socially-distanced wee affair in London. Didn't you get an invite?
Invite lost in the post ..must of been the covid ..

Went to beddy byes last night hoping for an answer to why the media didnt mention any of the 3 anniversaries i highlighted instead just another plethora of long words offering little substance... yes youtubers covered the stories mostly berating the mainstream media for not doing so (they are just pretend wannabes like Mayhar Tousi etc ) .. it is and remains my opinion they the MM should have briefly covered the anniversaries of these tragic events out of respect regardless if a politically right or left channel.

Still waiting for the kleenex .. WJYFS

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 30, 2021, 8:36 am

^ The Buchan Observer refused to post an obit for our dead cat. I was furious. I decided to write my MP and complain but realized I hadn't voted for him. That made me even more angry.

Fluffy RIP

BTW, these PCR tests don't half make your eyes all watery, eh?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 30, 2021, 8:50 am

tamada wrote:
May 30, 2021, 8:36 am
^ The Buchan Observer refused to post an obit for our dead cat. I was furious. I decided to write my MP and complain but realized I hadn't voted for him. That made me even more angry.

Fluffy RIP

BTW, these PCR tests don't half make your eyes all watery, eh?
Shame on the Buchan Observer .. RIP Puffy

Certainly did .. the fella stuck his thingy right up my passage and my eyes were streaming .. very tingly and uncortable for a few seconds .. nothing to a ruffy tuffy Scottish highlander tho .. they eat nails for breakfast.

Just hope its a negative n not asymptomatic .. or its off to Rajabhat FH ..

dm

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 30, 2021, 9:02 am

^ Ah, the Udon Covid field hospital is at Rajabhat then. Good to know. I recall Niggly mentioned driving in/out of their yard a few days back and commented on the "PCR testing" signage.

This was on YET ANOTHER non Covid-related thread so it shows that it does pay to read EVERYTHING posted on this forum (just keep in mind there's no need to post a response to EVERYTHING you read).

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 30, 2021, 9:09 am

tamada wrote:
May 30, 2021, 9:02 am
^ Ah, the Udon Covid field hospital is at Rajabhat then. Good to know. I recall Niggly mentioned driving in/out of their yard a few days back and commented on the "PCR testing" signage.

This was on YET ANOTHER non Covid-related thread so it shows that it does pay to read EVERYTHING posted on this forum (just keep in mind there's no need to post a response to EVERYTHING you read).
In response yes i agree .. you started it , and just a sore looser cos Niggly took yer top poster title :-({|= :lol:

back on topic .. CONGRATULATIONS Bo n Carrie .... very sneaky of Bojo to get married on the quiet , i wonder if Dom Cummings got an invite ?

It amazes me why the UK government are shocked at the areas of the country where the Indian variant is rampant .. Bolton n Blackburn to name just two ... [-X

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 30, 2021, 11:53 am

It didn't amaze me when Bojo's all-embracing and benevolent UK government didn't give a toss about the virus coming from India and left the borders open. Since most victims wouldn't be stopping long in London and headed for ".. Bolton n Blackburn to name just two ..." it didn't bloody matter to the Tories.

Meanwhile, the sycophantic Tory MP for Bolton Northeast Mark Logan recently said in parliament, "Mr Speaker, “When it comes to the Health Secretary, I’m a fan.” Those are not my effusive words; they come from some of the highest levels among our health team in Bolton. Like colleagues on both sides of the House, we have been on countless calls with the Health Secretary, with upwards of 100 MPs on many occasions. As he has done today, he has taken the time to respond or come back..." Ra-ra-ra and jolly hockey sticks.

Excuse me... I've just been a little bit sick in my mouth.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » May 31, 2021, 6:10 am

https://thepalmierireport.com/london-ma ... -blackout/
London: Massive Crowds Protest COVID Lockdowns/Vaccine Passports–Media Blackout

"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 31, 2021, 2:11 pm

Wow. Look at that. Literally hundreds of people marching on a demo. Perhaps they're right after all. I'm scared and want my mommy.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 31, 2021, 4:01 pm

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » May 31, 2021, 6:52 pm

Possibly could have gone on the joke thread :D
Attachments
bjcuntMHe.jpg
Watch Me!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 31, 2021, 9:28 pm

Gold .... thanks lew. :D

I await the blowback from the several Guardian detractors on this forum, despite the fact that Mr Mabbott undoubtedly got it right.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 1, 2021, 4:27 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 31, 2021, 9:28 pm
Gold .... thanks lew. :D

I await the blowback from the several Guardian detractors on this forum, despite the fact that Mr Mabbott undoubtedly got it right.
I'm tipping it's gone straight through to the keeper Jack :-$
Watch Me!!

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » June 27, 2021, 4:45 pm

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/u ... -in-shame/
UK Lockdown Secretary resigns in shame…

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/e ... s-culture/
England erases its culture…

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/he ... is-Johnson
UK lockdown was a ‘monumental mistake’ and must not happen again – Boris scientist says

Katie Hopkins No Dancing at Weddings, but Wimbledon is fine? Boris is lying to your face.

"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 2, 2021, 1:03 pm

Batley and Spen by-election: Labour cling on to seat by only 323 votes

Victory stops abysmal run of results for Sir Keir Starmer but party majority almost wiped out

"Opinion polls had suggested that Labour would lose the seat in the face of a strident anti-Starmer campaign from the Left-wing firebrand candidate George Galloway and waning support for Labour among Muslim voters.

It was thought that a “vaccine bounce” in favour of the Conservatives, plus Mr Galloway’s appeal to the constituency’s sizable Indian and Pakistani populations could have removed the seat from Labour for the first time since 1997."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... 323-votes/

Labour candidate Kim Leadbeater wins narrow victory in Batley and Spen byelection

Sister of murdered MP Jo Cox holds West Yorkshire seat for party, easing pressure on leader Keir Starmer

"Labour won 13,296 votes with the Conservatives recording 12,973, according to official results. Kim Leadbeater defeated Ryan Stephenson, the Tory candidate, by 323 votes. George Galloway, representing the Workers Party of Britain, came third with 8,264 votes.

The result, which Labour had feared would not go its way, was declared at about 5.25am on Friday after two “bundle checks” – not a full recount, but where the piles of votes are flicked through for irregularities. The result eases the pressure on Labour’s leader, Keir Starmer, after a humiliating defeat in Hartlepool in May.

George Galloway, who came third in the contest, said he would apply to have the result set aside by the courts."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... byelection

The red wall aint quite crumbling yet.

...and Galloway's still the arch-plonker.

Return to “U.K.”