Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by parrot » July 1, 2021, 10:21 am

Niggly wrote:
July 1, 2021, 8:16 am
A few leftovers vaccines, yeah right
21 duped out of B36,000 for 'fake' vaccines
Bangkok Post
01/07/2021

A woman has filed a complaint with police against a man she claims duped her and others into buying a non-existent Sinopharm vaccine in Udon Thani.
The woman, identified only as Perm, lodged a complaint at Muang district police station yesterday.
She told investigators she and 21 friends had been lured by Weerasak Suksamdaeng to buy the Sinopharm vaccine. Ms Perm said she had learned from a friend that Mr Weerasak had secured some "leftover" quota of Sinopharm from the Federation of Thai Industries which bought the vaccine from the Chulabhorn Royal Academy.
Mr Weerasak said the man was charging 1,800 baht per dose. She and others transferred a combined 36,000 baht to Mr Weerasak through some friends.
After that, Ms Perm said she and other people who bought the vaccine were invited to a group chat line called Sinopharm Vaccine which was managed by a doctor called Sithichoke.
The chat line was linked to the website of the CRA to make it look reputable. It also provided vaccination guidelines and was hooked up with another group chat line called "Alternative IT for Hospital" which purports to have more than 1,300 members.
Ms Perm said she began to suspect fraud when jabbing appointments kept being postponed. The people who booked the vaccination in Bangkok on June 26 were told they would get the shots two days later. "Dr Sithichoke" said in the group chat line the jabs were deferred because of technical glitches.
On June 28, some of her friends went for the inoculation in Bangkok according to their appointment.
However, they were turned away after finding out they were not among the people scheduled for vaccination that day.
The hospital where he claimed to have worked insisted no doctor by that name was employed there. Dr Sithichoke then left the group chat line.
I'm inclined to believe that it was a scam.....nothing to do with a 'doctor/hospital'....people fall for these sort of things all the time, not just in Thailand.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 1, 2021, 3:23 pm

For information, Bangkok Hospital Pattaya opened their online Moderna pre-booking app at midnight last night and it was 'Sold Out' before dawn. Judging by the amount of farangs spitting feather's over this on ThaiVisa, I reckon there's not a lot of vaccine hesitancy among the locals down by the beach.

(not a lot of vaccines either)

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 1, 2021, 4:10 pm

note that early reports said the Government Pharmaceutical Organization would do the vaccine bulk ordering of private hospital/Health group and that no private organization was authorized to direct order any vaccine. Early reports in the media said 10 million doses of Moderna would be ordered. An article the other day said that would be scaled back to 5 million. The wife and I are signed up and pre-paid for Moderna with BKK Hospital Udon with a planned delivery date of October.. but.. mayber earlier, maybe later. Or, if the 50% reduction in Moderna doses is accurate perhaps not at all...
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 1, 2021, 5:04 pm

Camp workers who paid into the Thai social security program for at least 6 months in the past 15 months are eligible to receive 50% of their pay for 90 days as outlined on the attachment.......too complicated and probably not of interest to most udonmap viewers........but it's an indication that the government is doing something to help those folks out.
Attachments
198701999_2692861297679708_2331148793560042176_n (1).jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by tamada » July 1, 2021, 7:27 pm

^ Udon climbing up the hit parade.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 1, 2021, 7:49 pm

tamada wrote:
July 1, 2021, 7:27 pm
We hope to welcome you back, there are some lovely construction sites in BKK that I would encourage you to visit.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 2, 2021, 1:38 am

The wife and I are signed up and pre-paid for Moderna with BKK Hospital Udon with a planned delivery date of October
people fall for these sort of things all the time
:-& :-& :-& :badteeth:
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 2, 2021, 1:45 pm

Police warns against vaccine scam gang after 20 people defrauded in Udon Thani.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/40002753

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 2, 2021, 4:48 pm

With Covid-19 infections surging and spreading throughout the country, and daily infection numbers rising along with an increasing death toll, officials have decided what additional measures need to be taken to cope with the situation: none.

“There will be no need for more restrictions because we do not want to increase the burden on the people.”

The CCSA thinks that the devastating and deadly third wave of Covid-19 in Thailand may give way to an even worse fourth wave with the more contagious Delta variant sweeping through the country presently.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/ccsa ... t-covid-19

So lets do nothing and see what happens
Bunch of clowns

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » July 2, 2021, 5:38 pm

Couldn't agree more Noosard
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 2, 2021, 9:48 pm

As the Delta variant of the coronavirus surges through the U.K., almost half of the country’s recent Covid-19 deaths are of people who have been vaccinated.
Golly. No wonder nobody in the world wants that Astra Zeneca garbage.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 2, 2021, 10:12 pm

noosard wrote:
July 2, 2021, 4:48 pm
With Covid-19 infections surging and spreading throughout the country, and daily infection numbers rising along with an increasing death toll, officials have decided what additional measures need to be taken to cope with the situation: none.

“There will be no need for more restrictions because we do not want to increase the burden on the people.”

The CCSA thinks that the devastating and deadly third wave of Covid-19 in Thailand may give way to an even worse fourth wave with the more contagious Delta variant sweeping through the country presently.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/ccsa ... t-covid-19

So lets do nothing and see what happens
Bunch of clowns
It's not an issue noosard, there are no mass deaths. Nothing to worry about according to your posts on other threads. What's a couple of million deaths between friends?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 3, 2021, 2:42 am

Giggle wrote:
July 2, 2021, 9:48 pm
As the Delta variant of the coronavirus surges through the U.K., almost half of the country’s recent Covid-19 deaths are of people who have been vaccinated.
Golly. No wonder nobody in the world wants that Astra Zeneca garbage.
Taken out of context. 50% of the UK population is fully vaccinated. and another 15% have had one shot. Also the vaccinated are very much an older demographic, so more likely to have other health problems. The success of vaccination is shown by the infection/death ratio now being 1000 to 1 (0.1%). The USA, not using Astra Zeneca still have an infection to death ratio of about 1000 to 17 (1.7%). Maybe Pfizer not so good after all?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 3, 2021, 6:56 am

Here3 we go again, does this Thai Government learn from its p[ast mistakes, the answer is a resounding NO ! Here we have infections and cases rising because , oh yes, they allowed the workers threatened to be locked in Workers camps home and guess what cases are rising exponentially, what a surprise . Happened Mar/April2020, Songkran 2021 and now June 2021, not surprising and shows sadly blatant incompetence .
While we have to wait for vaccinations because ........the Home Made AZ is needed for exports, understand the business requirements but honestly !!!!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 3, 2021, 10:52 am

Grim headline in today's news
THAILAND
Quick move
The Government Pharmaceutical Organization abruptly submitted a draft purchase contract for the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine to the Office of Attorney General after the latter publicly stated it never received the contract.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 3, 2021, 12:36 pm

Whistler wrote:
July 1, 2021, 7:49 pm
tamada wrote:
We hope to welcome you back, there are some lovely construction sites in BKK that I would encourage you to visit.
I don't know you from Adam but I still wouldn't wish any sickness or illness upon you.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 3, 2021, 1:11 pm

parrot wrote:
July 3, 2021, 10:52 am
Grim headline in today's news
THAILAND
Quick move
The Government Pharmaceutical Organization abruptly submitted a draft purchase contract for the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine to the Office of Attorney General after the latter publicly stated it never received the contract.
Whatever they end up doing or how ever many doses they actually buy, does not look like happening anytime soon. Reuter's are reporting end of 2021 before the first batch of Moderna will arrive? :-k [-( So the Moderna vaccine component, will not have any impact on the next 5 or so months of this year.

The same Reuter's report, says, that Thailand has ordered 5 Million doses of J & J and 20 Million doses of Pfizer, but doesn't give any anticipated dates of arrival for either of these two vaccines. Plus 150 Million doses of Sinovac.

Extract:
BANGKOK, June 30 (Reuters) - Thailand said on Wednesday it would import nearly four million doses of Moderna's (MRNA.O) mRNA coronavirus vaccine towards the end of this year and a further one million in early 2022, for use by private hospitals. The Government Pharmaceutical Organization in a statement said 3.9 million doses of the Moderna vaccine would be delivered in the fourth quarter and 1.1 million doses in the first quarter of 2022.

Thailand has also ordered five million doses of Johnson & Johnson (JNJ.N) vaccines and 20 million doses of the mRNA vaccine developed by Pfizer (PFE.N) and BioNTech (22UAy.DE)

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-paci ... 021-06-30/

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 3, 2021, 6:05 pm

tamada wrote:
July 3, 2021, 12:36 pm
Whistler wrote:
tamada wrote:
I don't know you from Adam but I still wouldn't wish any sickness or illness upon you.
Mods will not allow me to respond in full. Perhaps you can cast your mind back to your vulgar post a few days ago that was removed by the mod.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 3, 2021, 8:00 pm

Whilst all the focus is on the Phuket sandbox it seems the rest of the country is rapidly descending into redness .. officials all smiles , hand shaking , chest puffing and claps but sadly little thought to the basic fact that closing all the construction sites in Bkk has meant workers traveling to their home villages thus spreading the virus across isaan .. talking to customers in several North Eastern provinces including Sisaket where out of 44 infections in a day 42 from returnees , many places have had enough and the ones that are still open are refusing entry for anyone from Bkk ..

Sign outside a well known restaurant in Isan ..

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 3, 2021, 8:40 pm

Whistler wrote:
July 3, 2021, 6:05 pm
tamada wrote:
July 3, 2021, 12:36 pm
Whistler wrote:
tamada wrote:
Mods will not allow me to respond in full. Perhaps you can cast your mind back to your vulgar post a few days ago that was removed by the mod.
PM me then. Unless you're not allowed to do that as well.

A few months back, you reached out to me via PM with a 'let bygones be bygones' offer. I thought that for the good of the forum it was a great idea and sought to respond as such. However, your account is configured that you are unable to receive PM's.

Maybe that's something to do with your previous abuse of the forum by extending your penchant for forum character assassination into threatening people you don't know via PM?

Nevertheless, I don't know you from Adam but I still wouldn't wish any sickness or illness upon you.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”