Udon Traffic

General Udon Thani topics only!
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Traffic

Post by jackspratt » April 5, 2021, 3:13 pm

I haven't seen the vehicle in question, but from your description I put it down to a combination of poor wheel alignment plus a faulty left hand indicator.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 5, 2021, 3:20 pm

I’ll try & get a picture next time I’m passing an incident. It’ll make supposition & guesswork a bit easier.

Happy to help
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 6, 2021, 7:24 am

I would put it down to the fact that very few adjust their driving habits to the relevant road conditions .
Like Bon Jovi said . Slippery when wet .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 6, 2021, 9:26 am

Looks like the professional pipe repairs at the Global traffic lights went the same way as the earlier, unprofessional pipe repairs.
Screenshot_20210406-092422.jpg

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 7, 2021, 6:40 am

tamada wrote:
April 6, 2021, 9:26 am
Looks like the professional pipe repairs at the Global traffic lights went the same way as the earlier, unprofessional pipe repairs.

Screenshot_20210406-092422.jpg
Yep a few over-laden Lorries with trailers will soon trash that I expect

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 7, 2021, 6:53 am

^ But the hole was deep and dry with the repaired pipework exposed in air for at least a couple of days before it blew out again. They hadn't refilled the hole this time so no vehicles were passing over it with single lane traffic passing about 3 or 4 meters away. By the time they shut off the water, the hole was full and the pipework was underwater.

I still reckon there's still a few hundred square meters of deep 'blancmange' under this corner of the intersection. Thus there's no rigid foundation for the pipework and vibration from traffic is the main problem rather than compression from traffic directly above it.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon, there was half a dozen of the purple-clad contractors peering into it. They seem to be the guys doing the horizontal drilling, pipe laying and pulling on the ring road expansion. Poor buggers seem to have inherited an ongoing problem.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 11, 2021, 9:50 am

Anyone been into the town centre today? Any hotspots to mention?

Mrs N wants a trawl about & I’ve got a banging headache so really don’t want to put up with the any fcukwittery

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 11, 2021, 10:54 am

Niggly wrote:
April 11, 2021, 9:50 am

Mrs N wants a trawl about & I’ve got a banging headache so really don’t want to put up with the any fcukwittery
Do not go and then she will not have to ........lol

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » April 11, 2021, 10:57 am

went down for breakfast at the Brick House around 8AM. Minimal traffic going into town on Rte 22 and then coming back out with a stop at Big C around 9:15..
Dave

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 11, 2021, 11:26 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 11, 2021, 10:54 am
Niggly wrote:

What is that supposed to mean?

(For the record, there’s plenty of fcukwittery here this morning)

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 11, 2021, 11:27 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
April 11, 2021, 10:57 am
went down for breakfast at the Brick House around 8AM. Minimal traffic going into town on Rte 22 and then coming back out with a stop at Big C around 9:15..
Thanks 👍

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 11, 2021, 12:06 pm

Niggly wrote:

It was quiet yesterday for a Saturday and my early run to Big C and Thai Watsadu this morning showed lighter loads than a typical Sunday.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 11, 2021, 12:38 pm

Looks like it’s mission aborted today.

Family has turned up to take away the remaining materials left over from construction that I’ve been threatening to get rid of for the last 18 months. Best let them get on with it

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 11, 2021, 4:35 pm

Niggly wrote:
April 11, 2021, 11:26 am
Khun Paul wrote:
Niggly wrote:

What is that supposed to mean?

(For the record, there’s plenty of fcukwittery here this morning)
If youi need my comment explaining to you pictures , give me som e time, you could of course engage your LITTLE gray cells and work it out of course ................lol

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » April 11, 2021, 4:47 pm

It is becoming extremely frustrating to visit this site, as an out of towner, trying to glean information about “Udon traffic”, but find this thread, and indeed some others, being hijacked for petty squabbles. I understand the nature of the site, that it does not have a Moderator per se, but folks give it a rest.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 11, 2021, 6:19 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
April 11, 2021, 4:35 pm

If youi need my comment explaining to you pictures , give me som e time, you could of course engage your LITTLE gray cells and work it out of course ................lol
You really are a strange chap. Your comment had nothing to do with answering my question about the traffic but go on then, I’ll give you a bit of time to draw some pictures. How long do you want? We’ll obviously have to consider the time to find your crayons.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 11, 2021, 6:32 pm

Don’t know whether this should be in the Covid thread or here but in the big truck lay-by outside the highway patrol building on HWY2 theres a huge Covid testing station been erected. Brightly illuminated with fluorescent tubes everywhere.
Lots of people milling around but I drove passed three times today & strangely didn’t see anyone getting stopped.
I guess it’s for people coming from a Khon Kaen direction but don’t know when they’ll start

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 12, 2021, 6:50 am

stereolab wrote:
April 11, 2021, 4:47 pm
It is becoming extremely frustrating to visit this site, as an out of towner, trying to glean information about “Udon traffic”, but find this thread, and indeed some others, being hijacked for petty squabbles. I understand the nature of the site, that it does not have a Moderator per se, but folks give it a rest.
Agree some of the NON traffic answers are mine responding to a person who thinks trying to score points is more important.
For info did notice that the expansion of the Ring Road is SLOWLY going ahead but at a snails pace . So all routes avoiding that area would be beneficial . Work likely to halt for the next few days as Songkran deemed more important than infrastructure work , even if it does ,screw up the traffic .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 12, 2021, 8:44 am

Monday morning 12 April 2021 .. circa 8:40 am

Normally the busiest time but the RR/AP intersection is as dead as a dodo very very quiet , the lights are on perminent flashing amber with the right turn in to the new airport "expressway" blocked off so no backed up traffic ,... presuming for many this is the first day of the SK break ?? .. worth noting that anyone traveling this route at night the ongoing road and drainage construction has ceased for SK and the area is IMO very poorly lit , large deep holes await any unsuspecting driver not paying attention ... just a heads up as seen a few accidents since the works started all in the evening /at night.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 12, 2021, 9:26 am

Khun Paul wrote:
Niggly wrote:

Khun Paul wrote:
April 12, 2021, 6:50 am
Agree some of the NON traffic answers are mine responding to a person who thinks trying to score points is more important.
Genuine short term memory loss or making stuff up so you sleep better at night.
No one is trying to score any of your imaginary points, goof

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”