Post Covid ecomony

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by AlexO » February 3, 2021, 11:52 am

Mikkel Hansen notes that even though travel companies are experiencing increased demand and noticeable percentage increases week after week, they are still far from the level seen pre-corona times.

Note that they dont say how many just a percentage increase. From 4 to 8 is a huge percentage increase

Thailand is also by far the most popular destination for winter 2022 bookings and the company already has six times as many bookings to the land of smiles compared to January last year.

So 12 people rather than 2 have booked for NEXT year. Anybody presuming that we will be clear of this Covid pandemic by next December/Jan must be working in a Chinese laboratory.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 6, 2021, 3:50 pm

Finally a reality check, to some degree.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/120495 ... paign=news

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 6, 2021, 4:19 pm

This guy still needs to double that if Bloomberg calculations are to be believed

Bloomberg has built the biggest database of COVID-19 vaccines given around the world and, by their calculations, it will take seven years.

Number-crunchers at the publication say it will take that long to reach leading US doctor Anthony Fauci’s estimate for the herd immunity threshold of 75 per cent of people inoculated globally.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 10, 2021, 4:04 pm

Doesn't he realize that for this to happen, you will need Private Investment in projects that make a ROI, plus a stable and sustained Development environment over many years (relatively free of corruption) plus the necessary ingredients, TOURIST. :-k :-k or is this just another pipe dream, full of "Hype of BS". =; =;

Comparing Pattaya in its current state to that Singapore, Dubai and Miami is wishful thinking at best. :confused: :confused: [-( [-(

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/120549 ... paign=news

pipoz4444

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 14, 2021, 9:08 am

So Denmark wants to push on with a Covid passport. Here we go I thought, self-entitled people with more money than sense wanting a bloody vacation. But apparently not. It will be primarily for Danish businesses to get Danish trade and commerce back up to speed. The tourist is further down the totem pole. Makes sense but the only bit I found contradictory was while claiming to be one of the world's most digitized societies, apparently Zoom meetings and the cloud aren't quite cutting the mustard in Copenhagen?

Sadly, beyond the current allowances for pilots and their minimal flight crews, I didn't see any suggestion that other workers that need to travel internationally are being considered essential enough yet.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/covi ... index.html

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 14, 2021, 9:31 am

Covid passports wont finish quarantine anytime soon

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 14, 2021, 11:12 am

Nowhere to really post this, so here will do

Had two friends (one Brit and one Canadian) who recently when through getting their Pfizer Covid 19 vaccine jabs. Both in their early 60's and both said no side effects (no symptoms, ho headache no nausea) what so ever, after the first jab. One has since had his second jab and said the same again.

My scheduled date for getting my first jab, is 3 weeks from now \:D/

pipoz4444

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » February 15, 2021, 2:06 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
February 14, 2021, 11:12 am
Nowhere to really post this, so here will do

Had two friends (one Brit and one Canadian) who recently when through getting their Pfizer Covid 19 vaccine jabs. Both in their early 60's and both said no side effects (no symptoms, ho headache no nausea) what so ever, after the first jab. One has since had his second jab and said the same again.

My scheduled date for getting my first jab, is 3 weeks from now \:D/

pipoz4444
Had my first Pfizer jab three weeks ago, no side effects at all not even a sore arm at injection site. Second jab scheduled for mid April.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » February 15, 2021, 2:32 am

Got my first Moderna vaccine one week ago, 2nd day upper arm very sore, 3rd day after just tender and stiff, after that nothing. Due 2nd dose 8 March. Getting from Veterans Administration here in U.S.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 18, 2021, 8:54 am

POST BREXIT ... how the relationship between England and Scotland is changing .. (thus effecting the economy , friendships and the price of essentials like whisky n Haggas )

couple of YT vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4vZk4UT8lQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxFSpDG1YE8

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 18, 2021, 9:28 am

and another from Michael Heaver via Bloomberg .. ref post Brexit trade transport , cargo movements etc lots of numbers and info ...... very encouraging and smashed the remainer scaremongering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs1zbmWT_pY

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 18, 2021, 9:58 am

Stantheman wrote:
February 15, 2021, 2:32 am
Got my first Moderna vaccine one week ago, 2nd day upper arm very sore, 3rd day after just tender and stiff, after that nothing. Due 2nd dose 8 March. Getting from Veterans Administration here in U.S.
Can you get from the VA even though you have never claimed a disability or even used them before?

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 18, 2021, 10:24 am

Stantheman wrote:
February 15, 2021, 2:32 am
A good friend of mine lives in Ft. Lauderdale. He says the VA there is great. He has had both shots already. He says the VA is putting elderly veterans at the top of their list. By elderly, that means all veterans over 62 years old. He too says his arm was sore but no other side affects.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » February 18, 2021, 11:37 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 18, 2021, 9:28 am
and another from Michael Heaver via Bloomberg .. ref post Brexit trade transport , cargo movements etc lots of numbers and info ...... very encouraging and smashed the remainer scaremongering.

DM
Unfortunately, rather distorted. He talks about IMPORTS from France, and compares with the 3rd quaryer last year - a time when fresh food imports are lower, in winter we import more. Also there are hardly any restrictions on traffic from France - we are not imposing any tarrifs until April ( because the systems are not ready). France has all these controls already in place.

So what about exports? Well, the number of trucks crossing from UK to France is nearly normal, but remembet all those.EU trucks that came from France have to get back - and 50% are empty.

Ask the fish exporters in the UK how well they are doing.......

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 18, 2021, 5:46 pm

rick wrote:
February 18, 2021, 11:37 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 18, 2021, 9:28 am

DM
Unfortunately, rather distorted. He talks about IMPORTS from France, and compares with the 3rd quaryer last year - a time when fresh food imports are lower, in winter we import more. Also there are hardly any restrictions on traffic from France - we are not imposing any tarrifs until April ( because the systems are not ready). France has all these controls already in place.

So what about exports? Well, the number of trucks crossing from UK to France is nearly normal, but remembet all those.EU trucks that came from France have to get back - and 50% are empty.

Ask the fish exporters in the UK how well they are doing.......
Because there is no market for them just now. Lack of tourism and Covid restrictions of what can and cannot be open severely restricts the market for shellfish etc. Just the remainers using another pathetic reason to be ruled by the dictatorship.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 21, 2021, 2:15 pm

The World and not just Thailand, will be a different place from now on, with all sorts of Covid-19 related Apps being part of the future norm, introduced by Governments, for arguably various reasons. It's not only Governments (i.e. Immigrations Departments) that will use todays situation for the future and continue to implement tracing/tracking policies under cover of Health and Safety, but also some private Organizations/Companies as well. Needless to say your tracking/tracing data (movement) will also be shared between Government Departments, if it isn’t already.

Hotels, Shopping Centers, Airlines, Schools and others will all have their own or introduce an Apps, which you will need to download and sign up to before you can enter their respective premises, again under cover of Heath and Safety, whilst at the same time tracing your shopping habits and movement patterns. You won’t always know what information that App is collecting and or sharing. It’s a sign of the times and the future with Apps being one step shy of a micro chick up your ar..e. :censored: That's a lot of valuable information for someone [-( :-k :-k

In some ways it may be good, and let you know what Bar you were at last night and what lady you met, after you have had a few too many and woke up in the Chicken coop. :drunk: :drunk: \:D/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/120694 ... paign=news

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » February 21, 2021, 4:28 pm

The only way to fight the China virus is through the vaccine program.isreal has seen a 94% drop in infections with their vaccinations.trying to duck and dive with lockdowns only stall it.it took 300 years to rid the world of small pox so this can give you some idea of how pandemics work.ive had the vaccine and not had any side effects at all.to all of those who don’t want to take it I say good,give it to someone who wants it.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 2, 2021, 4:03 pm

Even Blind Freddy could have seen this becoming a future norm

How many forms of Passport will we need in the future. :fryingpan: :guiness:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/120798 ... paign=news

pipoz4444

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 2, 2021, 4:34 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
March 2, 2021, 4:03 pm
Even Blind Freddy could have seen this becoming a future norm

How many forms of Passport will we need in the future. :fryingpan: :guiness:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/120798 ... paign=news

pipoz4444
Dreaming

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 2, 2021, 10:09 pm

mickojak wrote:
April 1, 2020, 5:36 pm
Maaka,
I agree with you.
After a certain time everyone will get sick of quarantine, not being able to pay their loans, boredom, lack of food etc.
There will be riots and force governments to get back to normal.
Once that starts, the rest of the world will follow.
Muck
Well that prediction fell flat on its face
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”