Re: Udon Traffic

Post by Niggly » January 8, 2021, 4:33 pm

If you’ve got it, flaunt it 😳

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 11, 2021, 1:04 pm

Very quiet right through the centre of town earlier. Noticed a lot of shops seemed to be closed as well which was strange. I know it was supposed to be Children’s Day over the weekend but today’s not any sort of holiday is it?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 14, 2021, 5:50 pm

Been traveling around Udon town today ... traffic quite busy ..in fact way busier than Bkk , never seen the capitals roads like what witnessed Tuesday .. with many working from home , schools closed i suppose twas to be expected.

Still no sign off the heavens intersection makeover commencing.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 15, 2021, 5:25 pm

Thought it was very quiet around town today as we zigzaged our way about visiting Mrs N’s desired locations.

Did see a motorcy being taken out by a car outside Skyland condo. Helmetless rider was taken to hospital complaining he’d hurt his head. The car will be held responsible but he was just being plain stupid with his manoeuvre. I suggested his thick head was probably as good a body part as any to go skidding along the road but it was lost on everyone’s concern

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 17, 2021, 10:37 am

DM didnt venture out at all last night .. and one thing struck me .. i have never seen the roads so bereft of traffic , from about 8pm as dead as a dodo and it was a Saturday .. maybe the weather , economics .. and of course Covid but people seem not to be venturing out much after dark.... just a few hardcore slurpers at Connors perhaps ??
Same in the town according to Dao ...twas very very quiet

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 17, 2021, 11:57 am

^ Pay day is next weekend maybe?

Or, as discussed at Connor's, I reckon that there's a whole lot of more savvy and conscientious locals who, since the two, recent border-related clusters and spikes, have taken onboard how bloody lucky they are to have dodged the first wave bullet last year and want to suppress the current one while the northern hemisphere spirals out of control.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 17, 2021, 12:05 pm

Niggly wrote:
January 15, 2021, 5:25 pm
Thought it was very quiet around town today as we zigzaged our way about visiting Mrs N’s desired locations.

Did see a motorcy being taken out by a car outside Skyland condo. Helmetless rider was taken to hospital complaining he’d hurt his head. The car will be held responsible but he was just being plain stupid with his manoeuvre. I suggested his thick head was probably as good a body part as any to go skidding along the road but it was lost on everyone’s concern
Coming back to the clan cave just before sohng-thoom last night, a couple on Honda Hairdryer lost control crossing from left to right to get to the filter lane on the north side of the Global traffic lights and went tits-up. The corrugated surface there is as bad if not worse than DM's junction of dreams. Luckily, a couple of cars stopped with their hazard flashers on to 'protect' them while most eedjits simply dived to the left, shooting the gap to catch the green light. Yours truly put the flashers on and angle-parked the sports lorry in such a way to prevent the eedjits suddenly deciding to dive right, shoot that narrow gap and wipe out the shaken bike riders on the hard shoulder while the two other car drivers recovered their bike for them.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » January 18, 2021, 10:37 am

Traffic was bad this morning on the school run. The statue circle was closed causing major delays. Since we are in the middle of a pandemic I assumed all ceremonies/celebrations/gatherings would be cancelled. Not so. The traffic police were directing Srisuk traffic through the university and incoming traffic on Tahan road through Soi Katoey.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 18, 2021, 12:16 pm

mak wrote:
January 18, 2021, 10:37 am
Traffic was bad this morning on the school run. The statue circle was closed causing major delays. Since we are in the middle of a pandemic I assumed all ceremonies/celebrations/gatherings would be cancelled. Not so. The traffic police were directing Srisuk traffic through the university and incoming traffic on Tahan road through Soi Katoey.
yep twas a bit conjested when i town this morning .. a saw a big orange lady dancathon at the museum and a statue being paraded on army vehicles along with many officials dressed in bright white... apparently in went from Taharn road to the museum...henceforth the semi gridlock in places along the route ..ie Immo.

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 19, 2021, 9:09 am

Possible chitta chat that the myth of the AP /RR intersection makeover starting as a few yellow lorries spotted and also dropped off red n white concrete lane dividers on the spare land behind the vets before driving off into the early morning hazy sunshine... i will get more info off the Duck Noodle guy who is in the know due to his wife working in the civil service...last we heard late Jan early Feb unless Covid etc has economically changed the plan as the 10 mil budget may have been swallowed up other ways ??.

Im hoping being as it is Udons premier intersection any construction work will be carried out at speed and around the clock not dragged out for months as happened at the NSR junction.

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 20, 2021, 9:47 am

The intersection morning entertainment has commenced with a white Suzuki Swift heading from the airport to NBLP then realizing wanted to go into Udon did a crazy dangerous illegal U turn outside Nong Hin School so was going the wrong way against the traffic on the main ring road .. then stood at the traffic lights facing the West bound flow wondering why all the other vehicles were sounding their horns .. form my vantage point it was not clear the driver gender but going by the hello kitty number plate and side stickers im guessing was a lover of furry kittens and flowery attire .. so gender still unknown !!!.

Very busy this morning at heavens intersection.

TIT

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 20, 2021, 10:51 am

^ Regardless of the gender of the suspect, this presages what may well happen if/when the government decide to close all u-turns due to the higher speed limits. Instead of driving to the next legal u-turn or intersection, the average plonker will just forge their way in contraflow and it won't be by creeping down the hard shoulder with the hazards on either.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » January 20, 2021, 11:28 am

Using your words, the average plonker, I’m sure you mean brits with that terminology, Aussies solved the problem of plonkers on our road years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 20, 2021, 12:22 pm

On this occasion Tam ..you are correct .. closing U turns will both ease accidents but still cause carnage due to extreme manoeuvres elsewhere.

Mad max is alive n well in Ozz by the look of those truck upgrades Barney .

DM

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 20, 2021, 4:46 pm

Number plate on the Holden ute above looks highly appropriate. :D

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » January 20, 2021, 5:03 pm

jackspratt wrote:Number plate on the Holden ute above looks highly appropriate. :D
Your right jackspratt
Didn’t notice but, Banana Benders are certainly proud of their roots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » February 10, 2021, 5:05 pm

Traffic lights are out on Nittayo Road/ Soi Nong Bua junction

It’s fuggin chaos if anyone is thinking of venturing out.
Saw a single plod in the middle trying to direct traffic but gave up & road off on his scoot shaking his head

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 10, 2021, 5:37 pm

The main days holiday for Chinese new year are 11 and 12 so be prepared for horrendulous traffic in Udon those days...

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 10, 2021, 6:13 pm

Niggly wrote:
February 10, 2021, 5:05 pm
Traffic lights are out on Nittayo Road/ Soi Nong Bua junction

It’s fuggin chaos if anyone is thinking of venturing out.
Saw a single plod in the middle trying to direct traffic but gave up & road off on his scoot shaking his head
The lights were out Phosri @ Thongyai (McDonald's) yesterday morning and out at Prakak Sillaprakom @ Central this morning. I reckon the rain has stuffed up their signalling.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » February 11, 2021, 6:46 am

Also out at Nittayo and Nong Bua during the afternoon school run yesterday, which caused a huge traffic backup. No traffic police.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”