Weather in Udon ?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Weather in Udon ?

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 10, 2021, 7:55 am

last night went down to 12 degrees on the ring road so out more rural must of been a bit lower .. tonight forecast 11 , Monday 10 and Tuesday 8 (bannork ??) then it starts to warm up again .. day time temps remain splendid in the mid twenties.

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 11, 2021, 9:30 am

Bit breezy at Chez Niggles this morning. Could be the supper I had last night 🤭
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 12, 2021, 6:51 pm

I’d been questioning the expense of the hot water system recently but if it’s only used these couple of weeks for a steaming shower for me & a piping hot bath for Mrs N it’s been worth it 🥶 😅

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 13, 2021, 9:55 am

Last year of course we were experiencing low to mid 30's at this time of the year and then went on to almost a month of 40 + later, hopefully this year which seems to have reset the temperature patterns will remain as it is , cool to mildly warm and slowly warm up as we near Songkran season, although i do remember Hail at one Songkran.
It is only between 9 tyo 11 degrees in the early hours 0400-0700 .
Regarding water, having steel tanks helps as the SUN ...FREE ...heats it up nicely plus a little help from the inbuilt heaters suffices. 99% 0f the year, one less think to go wrong in my book

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 14, 2021, 5:55 pm

The weather seems pretty stable and same same all over isan .. Saturday overnight high of 18 then its back down to a nesh 10 to 15 again for a few days ..Day time temps remain mid 20s .. SMASHING ... getting loads of opportunity to wear my SUFC beanie :D and the fleece lined boxers Dao bought me to keep my crown jewels toasty.

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 15, 2021, 5:14 pm

Delightful temperature today. Just right for swinging in a hammock watching the sun go down which is exactly what I’m doing now.
Even wore a long sleeve shirt today for the first time in a year. Admittedly, the sleeves were rolled up to the elbows but they were long nevertheless

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 17, 2021, 10:32 am

Over cast with a chilly breeze this morning ... most certainly long johns , stew n dumplings required with overnight lows 9 - 11 next 2 days.

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 17, 2021, 11:33 am

Northeast: Cool to cold with strong winds, 4-6°C drop in temperature; minimum temperature 15-18°C, maximum 28-31°C; cold to very cold on mountaintops with minimum temperature 6-13°C; northeasterly winds 15-30kph.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 17, 2021, 9:27 pm

getting very windy now in the posh part of town .. temps dropping and a couple of chilly nights ahead .. great as Dao has just bought me a pair of fleece lined Y fronts to keep my man dumplings toasty ..

woolly hats , socks n sandals the order of the day .. fear not this attire will not derail any chances of a bar fine and shag ..alas not having at least 500 bt will.

walked the dogs and its nesh already

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 19, 2021, 8:46 am

Doggies woke me up to go to the ablutions just before 6am .. it was very chilly so checked the thermometer and it spoke 10 , also quite misty foggy as well.. we decided to make it a quick pit stop and back under the duvet till after 8 am.

Mid 20s day time followed by an 11 overnight tonight before it warms up again from Friday ..but not too much YET.

Perfect weather for a scotch pie .. gonna try one with Scotlands staple veg baked beans n mash spuds today that seems to be the traditional way of partaking in the said delacacy

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 19, 2021, 6:41 pm

I just lost light while mowing the lawn. Only a little bit left so donned a head torch to finish & it was fantastic. Lovely & cool with a light breeze. Think I’m going to make a thing of this, far better than toiling away in the blazing sun

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » January 19, 2021, 7:12 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:Doggies woke me up to go to the ablutions just before 6am ..

Wow well trained K9’s.
Not many would have doggies know there owners ablution timetable.
Be careful another icey seat tomorrow morn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 19, 2021, 7:49 pm

Niggly wrote:
January 19, 2021, 6:41 pm
I just lost light while mowing the lawn. Only a little bit left so donned a head torch to finish & it was fantastic. Lovely & cool with a light breeze. Think I’m going to make a thing of this, far better than toiling away in the blazing sun
I've got cement all around mi casa.

Painted it green too.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 19, 2021, 7:56 pm

^ No need for a head torch then. You’re missing out, they’re the must have accessory in 2021 for mowing the lawn.

You probably won’t need the lawn mower either

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 19, 2021, 7:57 pm

tamada wrote:
January 19, 2021, 7:49 pm
Niggly wrote:
January 19, 2021, 6:41 pm
I've got cement all around mi casa.

Painted it green too.
Yeah mowing the grass has to be made extinct ... i went yar tiam / astro turf around the house not cheap but best move ever .. then once a month get the local guys n girls in to brush cut the big front meadow area.

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 20, 2021, 9:38 am

Another glorious morning ...wouldnt it be great if the weather was like this all year round .. ok ok with a short heavy rainy season to replenish the reservoirs.

Today last day of daytime highs in the 20s .. overnight low 13 .. temps creeping up from tomorrow daytime into the 30s and overnight lows 16 to 19 .. still no need for the AC at that.

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 20, 2021, 10:09 am

After so many years here, it has in my memory been the longest Cold spell I have known. True we have had chiily days, after three or four days of rain, but they are fleeting compared to this month in 2021, lows of 10 degrees two/three days in a row ae unkown.
However it looks as thou8gh the COLD spell will be over soon, a more moderate climate for a few weeks, as DM states no need for Air-con just yet.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 22, 2021, 11:08 am

Well I can honestly say for the first time in the last 14 days I have finally removed my second layer ( a second T shirt ) in light of it is warming up considerably. This morning a tad chilly hence the need, but now as opposed to yesterday , warm enough to shed a layer.
Currently 23 degrees at 1100 hours , all BEFORE midday, wonderful .pottering time again. Plus the house will start to warm up a double bonus.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 23, 2021, 8:33 am

the cool/cold air can be bracing but the crap AQI means with my bad lungs leaving the house (air cleaner on 24/7) is done masked and for short periods only. Note the higher AQI hours are at night when the fields are burned.. https://www.iqair.com/thailand/changwat ... udon-thani Down in BKK the media stated, "it was a bowl like inversion" causing the problems with just a short sentence on how the local authorities were asking farmers not to burn their fields.. Yup, asking them not to break the law...
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 23, 2021, 9:00 am

But now we have new hope from America that the real impact of climate change will be openly addressed. And I don't mean the left-field lunacy of Thunberg and other "climate Nazis" either. Just a broad "climate awareness" that accepts it has and is still changing but instead of painting pictures of endless global warming, doom and catastrophe, start preparing for the near term changes and resolving the root causes before they happen instead of hand-wringing after the fact. Address the cycles of fires and floods that only seem to be a problem for human beings who inexplicably built their homes (or were allowed to build homes) in urban forest areas or natural watersheds.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”