Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

vlad
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by vlad » January 12, 2021, 8:16 pm

Who is stupid enough to take something into there body that isn't proven.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » January 12, 2021, 9:27 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
January 12, 2021, 5:44 pm
What no-one has seemingly addressed is that now with at least THREE accredited Western Vaccines, plus a Russian one and a Chinese one, what are the precautions in place to stop you getting a mix and match , one jab from one maker and another from another maker.
In the U.S., you get a card showing the manufacturer and the lot number.

Vaccination.jpg

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » January 12, 2021, 9:28 pm

vlad wrote:
January 12, 2021, 8:16 pm
Lots of people. People who have an incurable disease or condition regularly try experimental, unproven drugs and treatments.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 12, 2021, 10:11 pm

vlad wrote:
January 12, 2021, 8:16 pm
42,786 Thai hookers?

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 13, 2021, 1:03 am

Lol

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 13, 2021, 1:06 am

Yes like Injecting bleach like your president suggested or drugs that were known to offer no use against covid.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 13, 2021, 1:14 am

Two million five hundred thousand have now been given the vaccine in the uk. Most care home residents over 80s and medically high risk is on course to inoculate these before the end of February. 9 million estimated.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 13, 2021, 1:28 am

Doodoo wrote:
January 12, 2021, 11:30 am
Found it but they are , Khon Kean considerig the purchase of the Covid Vaccine

"KHON KAEN: The Nakhon Khon Kaen Municipality is considering buying Covid-19 vaccines for its population of 110,000 using its own reserve fund, but first needs approval from the government, Mayor Teerasak Theekhayuphan said on Monday."
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -own-money
I heard about this from the Khon Kaen News channel last night (Toronto time). I cannot confirm this, but the Khon Kaen Mayor is rumoured to have political links to Thaksin.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 13, 2021, 6:39 am

^ Who?

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » January 13, 2021, 6:45 am

On a similar note, Ithipon, our mayor, has stated he is purchasing the vaccine for residents of Amphur Muang. ETA end of February. I will believe it when I see it.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 13, 2021, 7:02 am

fatbob wrote:
January 12, 2021, 6:12 pm
Doodoo wrote:
January 12, 2021, 4:50 pm
Has someone refused to be vaccinated before during a Pandemic in the USA? In 1901 a deadly smallpox epidemic tore through the Northeast, prompting the Boston and Cambridge boards of health to order the vaccination of all residents. But some refused to get the shot, claiming the vaccine order violated their personal liberties under the Constitution.
One of those holdouts, a Swedish-born pastor named Henning Jacobson, took his anti-vaccine crusade all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. The nation's top justices issued a landmark 1905 ruling that legitimized the government’s authority to “reasonably” infringe upon personal freedoms during a public health crisis by issuing a fine to those who refused vaccination.
I will not be taking an untested vaccine.
There have been no untested vaccines released, there will be no untested vaccines released.

All vaccines have gone through pre clinical testing and stage 1 & 2 tests, virtually all have gone through stage 3 trials before individual health authorities permit their release in their respective countries.

One of the Russian vaccines was said to have been used after only the stage 1 & 2 trials, it is not at all clear if the supposed “release” was for general use or a very large scale stage 3 trial.

All vaccines have side effects, the vast majority of them are minor and short duration. A tiny minority (a small fractions of 1 percent) are more serious, an even smaller fraction of those serious reactions can be extremely serious even deadly.

Do you want a 1/5,000,000 chance of a bad reaction, vaccination , or a 1/1,000 chance with COVID-19.
Note; The actual risk percentages may be inaccurate the difference is unlikely to be far out.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 13, 2021, 8:08 am

Some time

Fatbob has made his choice and until he is satisfied he doesnot have to take the vaccine here in Thailand

Easy Peasy

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 13, 2021, 8:29 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
January 13, 2021, 7:02 am
fatbob wrote:
Doodoo wrote:
Has someone refused to be vaccinated before during a Pandemic in the USA? In 1901 a deadly smallpox epidemic tore through the Northeast, prompting the Boston and Cambridge boards of health to order the vaccination of all residents. But some refused to get the shot, claiming the vaccine order violated their personal liberties under the Constitution.
One of those holdouts, a Swedish-born pastor named Henning Jacobson, took his anti-vaccine crusade all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. The nation's top justices issued a landmark 1905 ruling that legitimized the government’s authority to “reasonably” infringe upon personal freedoms during a public health crisis by issuing a fine to those who refused vaccination.
There have been no untested vaccines released, there will be no untested vaccines released.

All vaccines have gone through pre clinical testing and stage 1 & 2 tests, virtually all have gone through stage 3 trials before individual health authorities permit their release in their respective countries.

One of the Russian vaccines was said to have been used after only the stage 1 & 2 trials, it is not at all clear if the supposed “release” was for general use or a very large scale stage 3 trial.

All vaccines have side effects, the vast majority of them are minor and short duration. A tiny minority (a small fractions of 1 percent) are more serious, an even smaller fraction of those serious reactions can be extremely serious even deadly.

Do you want a 1/5,000,000 chance of a bad reaction, vaccination , or a 1/1,000 chance with COVID-19.
Note; The actual risk percentages may be inaccurate the difference is unlikely to be far out.
Total BS, it has been rushed through without proper testing, the timeline proves that, hence the pharma company's taking no legal responsibility. What a vaccine, it doesn't prevent you from catching covid, spreading covid, all it doe's is maybe prevent you dying from it. If I was old and un healthy maybe I would consider it, if Boris and Trump recovered so fast and a death rate of less than 1% I will take my chances. But saying it has been tested as per other released vaccines is crap.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 13, 2021, 8:58 am

fatbob wrote:
January 13, 2021, 8:29 am
fatbob wrote:
Doodoo wrote:

Total BS, it has been rushed through without proper testing, the timeline proves that, hence the pharma company's taking no legal responsibility. What a vaccine, it doesn't prevent you from catching covid, spreading covid, all it doe's is maybe prevent you dying from it. If I was old and un healthy maybe I would consider it, if Boris and Trump recovered so fast and a death rate of less than 1% I will take my chances. But saying it has been tested as per other released vaccines is crap.
The "too fast" vaccine development timeline argument is a bit of a red herring. The reason the research and testing of these vaccines surpasses anything seen before is simply the sheer numbers of virologists and scientists globally working on resolving this pandemic to the best of their abilities.

Regardless, If you are comfortable with your decision not to be vaccinated, then there's no need to bother arguing with those who do, is there?

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 13, 2021, 9:01 am

tamada wrote:
January 13, 2021, 8:58 am
fatbob wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Doodoo wrote:

The "too fast" vaccine development timeline argument is a bit of a red herring. The reason the research and testing of these vaccines surpasses anything seen before is simply the sheer numbers of virologists and scientists globally working on resolving this pandemic to the best of their abilities.

Regardless, If you are comfortable with your decision not to be vaccinated, then there's no need to bother arguing with those who do, is there?
Oh sorry Tamada, I'm not allowed to speak my opinion on your request... F'off.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 13, 2021, 9:04 am

The Pharmacutical Companies are fully aware their long term sustainability could be resting on their ability to roll out efficient vaccines in a short time, so although the testing time was curtailed, I do not think that process was shortened to the detriment of the receiver.
HERE as one does not actually have to obtain a vaccination in order to stay only to leave and re-enter, we as expats have the luxury of playing the waiting game , until the hype and rush has settled down plus we can see up to date results of each vaccines efficacy to determine which one you would like and the possible if any side-effects.
It is true a VACCINE will not stop you from catching the virus, BUT it will make the symptoms not so debilitating, same as all the other vaccines you have ever had. In truth they do lower the risk of catching it, BUT coupled with following basic hygiene procedures will make you almost impervious BUT NOT 100%.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 13, 2021, 9:05 am

When vaccines are tested they go through years of testing to make sure there are no or minimal side effects, these vaccines have not been tested long enough to be sure of potential side effects.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 13, 2021, 9:26 am

fatbob wrote:
January 13, 2021, 9:01 am
tamada wrote:
January 13, 2021, 8:58 am
fatbob wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Doodoo wrote:

Oh sorry Tamada, I'm not allowed to speak my opinion on your request... F'off.
No need to apologize. I respect your opinion AND your decision.

I just wondered why you are being a bit of a cock about your opinion AND your decision, that's all?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 13, 2021, 10:10 am

tamada wrote:
January 13, 2021, 6:39 am
^ Who?
He is a very obscure individual who was in some way related to a former Prime Minister of Thailand, Yingluck Shinawatra
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 13, 2021, 11:10 am

fatbob wrote:

Your post deserves to feature on OANN it is so full of incorrect misrepresentations of the truth, unwarranted taking correlation to be causation and twisted statements.

To correct one blatant lie, you stated you would not take an untested vaccine. I pointed out that you could not get an untested vaccine as there are no untested vaccines available. There aren’t even any stage 1 trials in Thailand.

That you can’t comprehend the difference in time needed with other vaccines that have strict funding limits and some of the COVID-19 vaccines where funding is virtually unlimited demonstrates that it’s a you problem not a vaccine testing problem.

Your choice on getting vaccinated it exactly that, your choice. But misrepresenting the truth to support your choice is worthy of being called out.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on January 13, 2021, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”