Post by leterry60614 » January 9, 2021, 12:45 am

There is a link to a good YouTube video on the Mor chana app:

https://youtu.be/64hYv6OVDuc =D>

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: The Mor chana app - what you need to know

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 9, 2021, 1:10 am

done it today ..

it IS NOT A TRACKING APP tagged to your phone as many immos dodgers obviously will fear .. IMO more so a tracing tool if an infection cluster appears..

easily installed and deleted if so wished .. no brain er not to have it ,,,,,,,,UP TO YOU

dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 9, 2021, 7:49 am

What you also need is an INTERNET SIM, I have installed it but unable to operate in Big C, Makro or other places as I do not have an Internet Sim and will not buy one either. My phone can access the Internet if I know others places passwords, but not all the time. need some peace, I do not live for my phone it is a tool of communication only.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 9, 2021, 8:50 am

Loaded yesterday
On my tablet which stays home
So will only work if infected come to the house or what every range blue tooth works

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 9, 2021, 9:06 am

noosard wrote:
January 9, 2021, 8:50 am
Loaded yesterday
On my tablet which stays home
So will only work if infected come to the house or what every range blue tooth works
If it stays home and never scans a QR code, it won't get updated so it wouldn't flag anyone infected people's phone passing by. Each time a QR code is scanned, the app accesses the updated co-location database.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 9, 2021, 9:11 am

So all those people at local markets would have next to zero chance of their smart phones informing them

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 9, 2021, 9:15 am

What i read of the Oz system was every phone using their app system collected who that phone had been near
and notified user if infected user was close by

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 9, 2021, 10:18 am

noosard wrote:
January 9, 2021, 9:11 am
So all those people at local markets would have next to zero chance of their smart phones informing them
If their smartphone never scans a QR code, then yes, same same your stay-at-home tablet. I am not sure what percentage of people would never leave the market, never use a 7-eleven or otherwise never encounter a QR scan point. It's not an infallible or perfect system and cannot account for those that have no smartphone or just can't be bothered.
noosard wrote:
January 9, 2021, 9:15 am
What i read of the Oz system was every phone using their app system collected who that phone had been near
and notified user if infected user was close by
These systems all work on some form of proximity detection with phone-to-phone Bluetooth being the primary, totally ANONYMOUS hand-shake.

If someone gets the symptoms and gets tested positive, they update the app on their phone to report this. Thus the 28-day hive of data is updated and the next time someone who may have been in proximity of that infected person's phone scans a QR code, their notification screen will turn from green to red with a prompt to get tested. In addition, an SMS and possibly a phone call will also tell them to go and get tested.

Each time a QR scan is made, it updates the system with your positional information while updating your good-to-go status or otherwise.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 9, 2021, 11:07 am

My app has updated my status at 11.05am still green
As Gomer would say surprise surprise

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 9, 2021, 1:45 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
January 9, 2021, 7:49 am
What you also need is an INTERNET SIM, I have installed it but unable to operate in Big C, Makro or other places as I do not have an Internet Sim and will not buy one either. My phone can access the Internet if I know others places passwords, but not all the time. need some peace, I do not live for my phone it is a tool of communication only.
Most SIM's are internet ready these days. I think AIS did their across-the-board SIM upgrade several years ago. I recall getting the message and dropping by their Pattaya store and getting the old-for-new swap, same number, etc.. A cheap data package is all you need. DTAC has a decent one that gives you a year of 64 kbps data which is all you need for the likes of ThaiChana, MorChana and messaging apps.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 9, 2021, 1:46 pm

noosard wrote:
January 9, 2021, 11:07 am
My app has updated my status at 11.05am still green
As Gomer would say surprise surprise
Good to know that the coffee table hasn't been hanging out in the wrong sort of places.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 9, 2021, 5:02 pm

tamada wrote:
January 9, 2021, 1:45 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
January 9, 2021, 7:49 am
Most SIM's are internet ready these days. I think AIS did their across-the-board SIM upgrade several years ago. I recall getting the message and dropping by their Pattaya store and getting the old-for-new swap, same number, etc.. A cheap data package is all you need. DTAC has a decent one that gives you a year of 64 kbps data which is all you need for the likes of ThaiChana, MorChana and messaging apps.
I appreciate what you say , but I have no intention of paying for a DATA package at all, they want citizens to com-ply they should enable free wi-fi for all or find another way.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 11, 2021, 8:09 am

This app seems to drain the battery on my phone a lot. Tested over the weekend by closing everything down except the app & the battery was flat by 4pm when it can normally go right through the night.

FWIW, I also tried it the day before by switching off Bluetooth & switching on Airplane mode & the app still works but obviously not in real time. You can still scan in/out of places & it just updates when a data connection is available (I turned off Airplane when I got home & I connected to my home network). I guess seeing as you have to enter your phone number at set up, the authorities would still be able to contact you if a place visited is flagged as having COVID.

Naturally, all this depends on actually having the on one with you, if I’d left it at home it wouldn’t have worked 😬
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 11, 2021, 3:46 pm

I know bluetooth uses energy but in my case it's not excessive. As I use a heart monitor in conjunction with an app it's running 24/7, I get at least 48 hours if steering clear of heavy media use. A 3yo Samsung J series phone.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 11, 2021, 4:05 pm

Different phone brands and different models within a brand can be battery hogs when BT is on. With batteries now being integrated, getting a new battery is not so easy as before. Niggly's tip about slipping into airplane mode looks like the most efficient battery saver if you are QR'ing for hours on end. My phone is almost 3 years old and luckily BT use isn't a power problem. My BT gets turned on when I get in the truck so I can listen to streaming radio. My shopping is usually done within a couple of hours and I can turn BT off again. Charging your phone in the car also keeps the battery topped up.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 11, 2021, 5:25 pm

Is this akin to the Natt Cha napa app?

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » January 12, 2021, 5:11 pm

Used it today in 2 different locations, very easy to use
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 13, 2021, 10:55 pm

After the last 48 hours using it ... Yes got to agree ..

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 15, 2021, 5:17 pm

I keep forgetting to scan out. You didn’t need to do it on the ThaiChana app. I’m guessing the location data will show I’ve left somewhere in the background although I can’t find a way to check.

If it doesn’t, I’m still in at least half a dozen places simultaneously for over 48 hours now 😂
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 15, 2021, 5:23 pm

^ There's a check out button but it ain't necessary IMHO. They only need to know you were at a specific location. How long you spent there is a bit of overkill.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”