120 kph?

General Udon Thani topics only!
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: 120 kph?

Post by stattointhailand » December 4, 2020, 8:07 am

"Do you drive often Statts? "

since you ask I've averaged about 25000km per year over the last 20 years, so about half a million Km on Thai roads.
and yes I have driven too friggin fast on occasions, Udon to Donsac ferry port (1250km) in under 13 1/2 hrs including food/toilet stops in 2006, but that was from 9pm throughout the night at a time when there were probably less than half the 2020 levels of traffic on the roads, and the main roads themselves were in far better condition without potholes and badly repaired sections (a time when you could drive for 15 mins without seeing another vehicle)
as for the songthaew trips, I leave the car at home if i'm going to be drinking alcohol :guiness:

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 4, 2020, 8:09 am

Khun Paul wrote:
December 4, 2020, 8:02 am

You cannot obstruct IF driving within the law, to slow could cause obstruction true, but staying inside the speed limits or just under is NOT , but of course as you do NOT follow the law, why bother commenting .You live in your own delusions and the rest of us will drive correctly, Good health insurance I hope you have, you may need it for you and your passengers ( aka family ).
Why are you still posting absolute nonsense? You know nothing about me, the circumstances & I’ll wager you’ve never even been on the road in question
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 4, 2020, 8:12 am

stattointhailand wrote:
December 4, 2020, 8:07 am
"Do you drive often Statts? "

since you ask I've averaged about 25000km per year over the last 20 years, so about half a million Km on Thai roads.
and yes I have driven too friggin fast on occasions, Udon to Donsac ferry port (1250km) in under 13 1/2 hrs including food/toilet stops in 2006, but that was from 9pm throughout the night at a time when there were probably less than half the 2020 levels of traffic on the roads, and the main roads themselves were in far better condition without potholes and badly repaired sections (a time when you could drive for 15 mins without seeing another vehicle)
as for the songthaew trips, I leave the car at home if i'm going to be drinking alcohol :guiness:
Good for you👍

Note, I’m not forming any opinion on your driving on these trips because I WASN'T THERE

(Waiting on the crepes)

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 4, 2020, 8:18 am

So what’s everyone thoughts on this then?

It’s the OP 🙄

(Crepes with vanilla cream, lush & served at reasonable speed)

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 4, 2020, 8:25 am

now we did get almost all analyses about driving a car responsibly , only one aspect forgotten , how old are you guy's now ? because age also influences your reflex/reaction times for everyone , despite some always think they are still 25 :D ....,so extra tests starting at a certain age when extending your dr would be recommended ,just to be sure you are not a danger on the road,at 120km/h or maybe in the right lane at 60km/h because of bad eye sight ,afraid of crossing animals (people) ,if you know what i mean... ,be safe all...;)
Last edited by kopkei on December 4, 2020, 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 4, 2020, 8:26 am

Oh dear another wannabe driver, attempting to justify his actions from his own words. You do not have to be there to visualise traffic conditions just pure experience based on driving in Four of the SEVEN continents and personal experience. The facts remain you stated you broke the law and your dangerous actions at times. Not me ..............

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 4, 2020, 8:31 am

kopkei wrote:
December 4, 2020, 8:25 am
now we did get almost all analyses about driving a car responsibly , only one aspect forgotten , how old are you guy's now ? because age also influences your reflex/reaction times for everyone , despite some always think they are still 25 :D ....,so extra tests starting at a certain age when extending your dr would be recommended ,just to be sure you are not a danger on the road,at 120km/h or maybe in the right lane at 60km/h because of bad eye sight ,
if you know what i mean... ,be safe all...;)

Very true sadly here the eyesight test like the reflex test are pointless, a blind man with dementia could pass and many do , plus the added factor zero enforcement makes many feel bulletproof.

The older you are , certainly many should slow down but speed does not mean your good ,neither does slowness make you safe as previously mentioned slower often incorporates complacancy , which is detrimental to safe driving .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 4, 2020, 8:36 am

Khun Paul wrote:
December 4, 2020, 8:26 am
Oh dear another wannabe driver, attempting to justify his actions from his own words.You do not have to be there to visualise traffic conditions just pure experience based on driving in Four of the SEVEN continents and personal experience. The facts remain you stated you broke the law and your dangerous actions at times. Not me ..............
“ You do not have to be there to visualise traffic conditions” what a load of codswallop. What’s the road like outside my hotel now?

I guess you were never involved in any real police accident investigations from your job washing up in the canteen. You need to deal in facts not assumptions, guesses or imaginary experience.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 4, 2020, 8:39 am

Let’s try again.......
Niggly wrote:
December 4, 2020, 8:18 am
So what’s everyone thoughts on this then?

It’s the OP 🙄

(Crepes with vanilla cream, lush & served at reasonable speed)

UdonThaniPete
udonmap.com

Post by UdonThaniPete » December 4, 2020, 11:23 am

Interesting read based on the reply’s to this post.

https://www.ibiblio.org/rdu/speedsci.html
A pessimist see’s a difficulty in every opportunity,
A optimist see’s an opportunity in every difficulty,
I am the latter.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » December 4, 2020, 12:30 pm

Interesting conclusion.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » December 4, 2020, 12:56 pm

Totally agree with his conclusion getting away from the pack, riding a big bike here and touring on just about every road in this country I always blast away at a green light then settle down when I have open clear road.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 4, 2020, 2:39 pm

Very interesting & well presented article.

Anyway, I like this thread, it’s got legs

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 4, 2020, 2:50 pm

Niggly wrote:
December 4, 2020, 2:39 pm
Very interesting & well presented article.
Don’t expect KP will be able to read it all the way through as there are lots of big words but that’d shouldn’t stop him spouting his groundless opinions (& further question the meaning of eggs)
Jury is still out on Statts. Maybe if Brexit mentions driving slower than other traffic he’ll argue everyone should keep up 🤷

Anyway, I like this thread, it’s got legs
Oh dear, dear boy stop rying to justify your actions a pointless act. You were wrong but as usual from where you come from admitting your wrong is not the done thing, just slope shoulders and hope .

From a man who was concerned over the amount of traffic in Udon Town centre the other day I am surprised at your comments, but hell as long as your happy in your little world as long as it doe not affect others fine .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 4, 2020, 4:39 pm

Anyway, 120kph, phew, who’d have thought it, 70 posts & 1340 views

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » December 4, 2020, 5:35 pm

=; let's see , i nearly got creamed yesterday by a woman , who was travelling wrong way on a one-
way street as i exited udtown.at a mere 10kph

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » December 4, 2020, 7:52 pm

747man wrote:
December 2, 2020, 12:57 pm
120 kph, Well it's Only Just over 70 mph.....72mph to be Precise !!,But You'll still get IDIOTS Doing 150 kph....
to be really precise you are wrong it is 74.564543 mph give or take a decimal point

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 5, 2020, 7:22 am

Niggly wrote:
December 3, 2020, 12:16 pm
We drove along a 10 (maybe 12 I was busy concentrating on other things) highway in Chachoengsao earlier this week. It was a 90 limit clearly posted with led signs & painted in the carriageway. I was travelling between 120 & 140 just to keep up. The biggest problem was the vehicles allowed on this stretch of road. There were Kobota long handles, scoots 3 or 4 up, pick up taxis vying for trade, & local buses in what I’d call “slow” travel right up to inter province coaches, blacked out AMG Mercs & me (😉) in the “reasonable” speed group.
It was nuts with Somchais merging from side roads in first gear right up to just about everyone regardless of speed trying to get from lane 1 across to a u turn in the central reservation.
Another problem was there were raised sections of highway which I think were bridges over klongs where you couldn’t see over. A few times I went up, along & just started down only to find stationary traffic so had to anchor on.
It was good fun though 😂

This is what you posterd and as the speed limit at the time was 90 KPH you broke the law, now do you understand . Twit !!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 5, 2020, 7:30 am

Khun Paul wrote:
December 5, 2020, 7:22 am
Niggly wrote:
December 3, 2020, 12:16 pm
We drove along a 10 (maybe 12 I was busy concentrating on other things) highway in Chachoengsao earlier this week. It was a 90 limit clearly posted with led signs & painted in the carriageway. I was travelling between 120 & 140 just to keep up. The biggest problem was the vehicles allowed on this stretch of road. There were Kobota long handles, scoots 3 or 4 up, pick up taxis vying for trade, & local buses in what I’d call “slow” travel right up to inter province coaches, blacked out AMG Mercs & me (😉) in the “reasonable” speed group.
It was nuts with Somchais merging from side roads in first gear right up to just about everyone regardless of speed trying to get from lane 1 across to a u turn in the central reservation.
Another problem was there were raised sections of highway which I think were bridges over klongs where you couldn’t see over. A few times I went up, along & just started down only to find stationary traffic so had to anchor on.
It was good fun though 😂

This is what you posterd and as the speed limit at the time was 90 KPH you broke the law, now do you understand . Twit !!
And?
What has this got to do with any of your subsequent posts? There’s well over 37 million cars registered in Thailand, plus motorcy, samlors & commercial vehicles (& all the unregistered ones as well). Why do you care so much that I said I was exceeding the speed limit along with everyone else in the flow of traffic?
Are you worried I won’t get back safely to Udon so I can’t cup your balls & tweak your nipples?

I also notice you still haven’t bothered/been unable to read the very informative, well presented article posted earlier & make a sensible comment on the subject.

(Notice I’ve carried the quoted post because what it says is really a non issue to everyone except you)

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 5, 2020, 9:52 am

dragonz wrote:
December 4, 2020, 7:52 pm
747man wrote:
December 2, 2020, 12:57 pm
120 kph, Well it's Only Just over 70 mph.....72mph to be Precise !!,But You'll still get IDIOTS Doing 150 kph....
to be really precise you are wrong it is 74.564543 mph give or take a decimal point
I DO Apologise, Mr ( Maths ) Teacher......Now where can I Get a piece of HUMBLE Pie ??

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”