Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by papafarang » November 20, 2020, 9:31 pm

noosard wrote:
November 20, 2020, 3:28 pm
Seems South Australia pulled a Fat Pizza and Housos with their corona virus out break

South Australian authorities say the state was plunged into a six-day hard lockdown based on a lie told to contact tracers by a Covid-positive worker at an Adelaide pizza shop who had worked alongside a quarantine hotel security guard with the virus.
HOUSOS , best documentary on OZ I've ever seen. Remember that nonsense home and away,what was the other with Kylie and Jason :lol: . housos rocks :lol:

Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 20, 2020, 10:31 pm

WOooooh there guys .. you aint ever gonna get STWW to admit he s wrong .. more chance of tam buying a roound and Dm being there.
DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 21, 2020, 10:28 am

Look out Thailand
Tourist numbers are up over 100% in just 1 month

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism ... n-november

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 21, 2020, 10:30 am

Under current Thai ASQ rules, anyone who fails the RT-PCR test in quarantine is sent to hospital, even if they have no symptoms. The ASQ quarantine fee (paid in advance to the hotel) does not cover the hospital costs. So insurance is required.

1. I checked with AXA Thailand, as they offer an insurance policy for US$100,000 to meet the Covid-19 insurance laws. They told me this does NOT cover hospitalisation without symptoms, even after failing the covid-19 tests that are required in quarantine. I believe the odds of anyone who fails the test in quarantine having no symptoms are at least 50% and in this case their insurance will be invalid. The policy is not fit for purpose!

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/comi ... fine-print

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 21, 2020, 11:35 am

noosard wrote:
November 21, 2020, 10:28 am
Look out Thailand
Tourist numbers are up over 100% in just 1 month

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism ... n-november
I like the part ' at great cost ,on a bankrupt airline to a country where tourist attractions are closed ' :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 21, 2020, 12:02 pm

noosard wrote:
November 21, 2020, 10:30 am
Under current Thai ASQ rules, anyone who fails the RT-PCR test in quarantine is sent to hospital, even if they have no symptoms. The ASQ quarantine fee (paid in advance to the hotel) does not cover the hospital costs. So insurance is required.

1. I checked with AXA Thailand, as they offer an insurance policy for US$100,000 to meet the Covid-19 insurance laws. They told me this does NOT cover hospitalisation without symptoms, even after failing the covid-19 tests that are required in quarantine. I believe the odds of anyone who fails the test in quarantine having no symptoms are at least 50% and in this case their insurance will be invalid. The policy is not fit for purpose!

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/comi ... fine-print
Just a bit of local BKK news

This happened recently: A Tenant of mine (a Farang), returned from France (I think) in late October. He apparently tested Positive at the Airport, so they sent him to a Bangkok Hospital (Don't know which one) where he Quarantined for 15 Days.

From what I am told, he had no apparent systems at the first test and none for the whole of the 14 -15 day period and so the Hospital tested him again on the 15th Day.

With no fever or no respiratory symptoms, the Hospital gave him a Medical Certificate (stating his 14 day history) then sent him home to the Apartment and told him to self quarantine for another 7 days, following which he has to go back to the Hospital on Monday 23 November 20, for another Covid-19 Test.

Late last week the Apartment Juristic found out ( he gave the Juristic copy of his MC, about 3 days after he returned) and they went ballistic, informing other Tenants that they had a Covid-19 case in the building?? and demanding that he vacate the Apartment and move back to an AQS. :confused: :confused: I am told they have a security guard on his floor level watching his door, which he will probably get billed for.

He is still sitting in his Apartment and waiting to go back to the Hospital on Monday 23 November for hopefully the final Test.

Interesting times in Thailand, I hope their are no Thai KKK members in the Building.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » November 22, 2020, 9:33 pm

This happened recently: A Tenant of mine (a Farang), returned from France (I think) in late October. He apparently tested Positive at the Airport, so they sent him to a Bangkok Hospital (Don't know which one) where he Quarantined for 15 Days.

From what I am told, he had no apparent systems at the first test and none for the whole of the 14 -15 day period and so the Hospital tested him again on the 15th Day.

With no fever or no respiratory symptoms, the Hospital gave him a Medical Certificate (stating his 14 day history) then sent him home to the Apartment and told him to self quarantine for another 7 days, following which he has to go back to the Hospital on Monday 23 November 20, for another Covid-19 Test.

Late last week the Apartment Juristic found out ( he gave the Juristic copy of his MC, about 3 days after he returned) and they went ballistic, informing other Tenants that they had a Covid-19 case in the building?? and demanding that he vacate the Apartment and move back to an AQS. :confused: :confused: I am told they have a security guard on his floor level watching his door, which he will probably get billed for.

He is still sitting in his Apartment and waiting to go back to the Hospital on Monday 23 November for hopefully the final Test.

Interesting times in Thailand, I hope their are no Thai KKK members in the Building.

pipoz4444
[/quote]

confused, what does "Thai KKK" means?

Interesting. Such a decisive and united and succesfull aproach simply is not possible in western countries.
ppl would loudly complain protest and not comply and surprise surprise the whole country divided and in ruin for a year.

Must be very tough for that individual but the "ballistic" response seems apropiate, imo it would be more logical he would stay in the hospital until he gets a MC that states he is covid free.

Nothing new, its choosing between "divided we fall" or "united we stand".

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 23, 2020, 11:47 pm

Hi CJ

Ku Kl..x K..

Thought the J... might ....him.

Yes, sorry, :wave: :wave: not the best of humor. Apologies in advance

Anyway, he toughed it out and as far as I know, he went for his final Covid-19 Test today. I assume the Juristic would be all over him asking for his new "All Clear Certificate". Haven't heard from either the Juristic or the Tenant, so I hope it all went well for him.

His Embassy did apparently confirm that he had the legal right to stay in the Apartment and that he was not breaking any Thai Law, by doing so.

pipoz4444

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » November 24, 2020, 1:12 am

We've Cracked it. British Scientist working on a covid virus at Oxford that not only works 90+ but does not neet a deep freeze transportation it can be refigerated. The Vaccine produces Anti bodies that kill covid cells even if they mute. They have also stated it is not only the best in the Uk but also World Wide with no 1 coming close to Oxfords. They have also said they ie us will not make any profit from poor Countrys.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 25, 2020, 8:00 am

So 3 vaccines announced in as many weeks and NONE of them are Elon Musk's... things are looking up.

What we are reading suggests three degrees of priority for the first round of vaccinations, 1) the elderly, 2 ) healthcare providers and, 3 ) essential workers. Not a lot of scope for Tourists in those three bands of happy campers. I hope oil field trash gypsies like myself get onto the third bus though. I have maybe only two years left to discover the last oil and gas fields before I hang up my boots.

Just read that Iceland has taken a leaf out of Thailand's "high net worth" book of fanciful tourism though.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... he-wealthy

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 25, 2020, 8:15 am

tamada wrote:
November 25, 2020, 8:00 am
So 3 vaccines announced in as many weeks and NONE of them are Elon Musk's... things are looking up.

What we are reading suggests three degrees of priority for the first round of vaccinations, 1) the elderly, 2 ) healthcare providers and, 3 ) essential workers. Not a lot of scope for Tourists in those three bands of happy campers. I hope oil field trash gypsies like myself get onto the third bus though. I have maybe only two years left to discover the last oil and gas fields before I hang up my boots.

Just read that Iceland has taken a leaf out of Thailand's "high net worth" book of fanciful tourism though.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... he-wealthy
As soon as it is approved, I'm hoping to get my two shots by May.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 25, 2020, 3:58 pm

The 95% efficacy rate is just a number of hope
The effective rate wont be known till the vaccine is used in real world conditions and huge numbers
There are too many unknowns including how many were actually exposed to the virus ?
How many may of contracted but showed no symptoms ?
Can a vaccinated person still spread the virus?
Do vaccines protect vulnerable people?
By the middle of next year these questions will be answered
Hopefully positively

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 26, 2020, 7:11 am

In the current media love fest for these promising vaccines, I don't recall side effects being mentioned at all.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/covid-v ... park-.html

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 26, 2020, 8:56 am

tamada wrote:
November 26, 2020, 7:11 am
In the current media love fest for these promising vaccines, I don't recall side effects being mentioned at all.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/covid-v ... park-.html
That would be advertising for these products
Cant have that

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 28, 2020, 9:34 am

Interesting story in the paper today
Calling the AstraZeneca-Oxford University vaccine shaky science
Professor Cunningham said he had never seen a trial "polluted" like this before.
"[AstraZeneca] hasn't handled it the best," RMIT immunology and vaccine expert Kylie Quinn said.
"The error in the dosing is disappointing, disappointing to hear that that would happen at this particular point in time.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-28/ ... d/12928128

Bring on the guinea pigs

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 28, 2020, 9:56 am

Pandemrix is an influenza vaccine for influenza pandemics, such as the 2009 flu pandemic.
this drug was compulsory in Sweden during the swine flu outbreak 2009

The Swedish Pharmaceutical Insurance has so far approved 440 of 702 narcolepsy claims linked to Pandemrix, paying out a total of 100 million kronor (9.8 million euros, $11.6 million) in compensation.

it was reported that the British Department of Health was paying for Sodium oxybate medication for 80 patients who are taking legal action over problems linked to the use of the swine flu vaccine, at a cost to the government of £12,000 per patient per year.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 28, 2020, 12:24 pm

Todays’ Rant

The Efficacy Rate of the coming Covid-19 Vaccines, should not even be an issue. It really doesn't matter whether they are 95%, 90%, 80%, or even 60%. The World has been using Influenza (flu) vaccine products, to assist in the protection of effects and death from the Flu illness, with much lesser Efficacy Rates. As with the Influenza (flu) Vaccines, few if anyone are expecting a Cure. :-k :-k

I would suggest that the main purposes of the Covid-19 Vaccine is to improve the body immune system strength, to fight off the effect of the Virus and at the same time, restrict the chance of the Virus passing from one individual to another. In this way the Covid-19 virus will find it more difficult to spread throughout the population. Much the same as what the Influenza (flu) Vaccine do.

Covid-19 Vaccine Side Effects: I find it ironic that some seem more worried about the possible side effects of potential Covid-19 Vaccines on individuals (on what is probably a select few), than they do about the actual impact of the Covid-19 virus on most people. To me, those who procrastinate over the Approval process of a vaccine and or its Release to the population, on argument that: it has a lower efficacy rate or because it may cause the death of a few individuals (whilst at the same tome saving many other) or that they simply need copious Data, simply have their head up their ar.se. :fryingpan: :censored:

The longer they (Authorities) delay in decisions to release any of the potential vaccines, insisting on copious numbers of third stage human trial numbers and a plethora of data results, the more some people (those who could have been helped by a vaccine), will die. [-X =;

For anyone to suggest that those highly experienced Virologist and reputable Research Laboratories are even undertaking research on a potential highly Toxic Vaccine, at this stage, one which is significantly dangerous to Humans, is just simply ludicrous. Not when the Companies have already taken the Vaccine through first and second stage trials. My understanding is that a Phase 2 human trail will test around 1000 people, I may be wrong.

I for one would certainly line up to take the vaccine after Phase 2 trails and for sure, more people would benefit from it, if it was to be released at the end of Phase 2 and not end of Phase 3 \:D/ \:D/

I am not sure of how long a Phase 3 Human Trail takes + then Collating the Data, + then Presenting & Obtaining CDC/FDA approval for release, of the Vaccine, but I dare say it is over 4 months and involves upward of 30,000 subjects and giving two Doses of the vaccine, from the Extract below.

How much Data do they really need to make a life-saving decision? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Extract: The Phase 3 clinical trial of BNT162b2 began on July 27 and has enrolled 43,661 participants to date, 41,135 of whom have received a second dose of the vaccine candidate as of November 13, 2020. Approximately 42% of global participants and 30% of U.S. participants have racially and ethnically diverse backgrounds, and 41% of global and 45% of U.S. participants are 56-85 years of age. A breakdown of the diversity of clinical trial participants can be found here from approximately 150 clinical trials sites in United States, Germany, Turkey, South Africa, Brazil and Argentina. The trial will continue to collect efficacy and safety data in participants for an additional two years.

:wave: PFZIER & Biontech Vaccine entered into their Phase 3 Trial on 27 July 2020, and at that time they obviously new that it was Safe for Humans, or they would not have moved forward to test it on 40,000 plus people. Four months later and how many died that potentially could have been saved in that 4 months? :-k :-k

I for one would ask, how many people would have benefited and even been spared death, had the PFZIER & Biontech Vaccine been released for personal choice use, particularly on the elderly (who could have said yes or no to it), much earlier. At worst straight after the Phase 3 Trial issue of the first Dose?

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-relea ... 19-vaccine

EXTRACT:
CDC conducts studies each year to determine how well the influenza (flu) vaccine protects against flu illness. While vaccine effectiveness (VE) can vary, recent studies show that flu vaccination reduces the risk of flu illness by between 40% and 60% among the overall population during seasons when most circulating flu viruses are well-matched to the flu vaccine. In general, current flu vaccines tend to work better against influenza B and influenza A(H1N1) viruses and offer lower protection against influenza A(H3N2) viruses

How well the flu vaccine works (or its ability to prevent flu illness) can vary from season to season. The vaccine’s effectiveness also can vary depending on who is being vaccinated. At least two factors play an important role in determining the likelihood that flu vaccine will protect a person from flu illness: 1) characteristics of the person being vaccinated (such as their age and health), and 2) the similarity or “match” between the flu viruses the flu vaccine is designed to protect against and the flu viruses spreading in the community.

A 2018 study showed that from 2012 to 2015, flu vaccination among adults reduced the risk of being admitted to an intensive care unit (ICU) with flu by 82 percent.

The efficacy against the influenza A virus was 72 percent and for the inactivated was 29 percent with a relative efficacy of 60 percent. The influenza vaccine is not 100% efficacious in preventing disease, but it is as close to 100% safe, and much safer than the disease.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/vaccineeffect.htm

Had nothing better to do this morning, so thought that I would spend a few hours surfing the Net at work. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

pipoz444

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 28, 2020, 1:29 pm

You are right Pipoz
Use the vaccines on the populations that are trying to infect themselves
Plenty to choose from
So in a year or so the countries that have protected their population will know which vaccine is the safest to use

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 28, 2020, 2:20 pm

noosard wrote:
November 28, 2020, 1:29 pm
You are right Pipoz
Use the vaccines on the populations that are trying to infect themselves
Plenty to choose from
So in a year or so the countries that have protected their population will know which vaccine is the safest to use
It is not as though it is a choice of the "Lesser of Two Evils". One is Definitely Killing and the other is a Maybe Kills :-k :-k

I think the moral of the image below is that you are Damned, either way. The only question is to "What Extent" :-k :-k

Choice between Evils.jpg
Choice between Evils.jpg (12 KiB) Viewed 825 times
pipoz4444

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 28, 2020, 2:37 pm

Example
Thailand poulation 70m those dying of corana virus at present none
Inject virus vaccine into that 70m those it causes to die or become ill, numbers as unknown
Wait a year or so that unknown number probably will be able to be determined

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”