A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post Reply
User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 3417
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by Barney » November 15, 2020, 3:24 pm

On this day, 14th November 1939, the world's oldest dog on record, a Blue Heeler named 'Bluey', dies, aged 29 years.

The Blue Heeler is a hardy breed of dog developed in Australia. Also known as the Australian Cattle dog, the Blue Heeler was developed by colonists in the 1800s by crossing Dingo-blue merle Collies to Dalmatians and black and tan Kelpies. This produced an excellent working dog, capable of driving large herds of cattle through the harsh conditions of the outback.

According to Guinness World Records, the world's oldest known dog was a Blue Heeler, appropriately named "Bluey", owned by Les Hall of Rochester in the Australian state of Victoria. Born on 7 June 1910, Bluey died on 14 November 1939 at the age of twenty-nine years, five months, and seven days.

Pictured: Bluey.
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 2372
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by noosard » November 18, 2020, 9:17 am

Must be cloudy in Oz today
The renaming of a cheese due to the inventers name being racist slur
Not that he would have thought so
I will have to probably have to change my name as well
Could be lots of names have to change because they upset a sook
Blacks Browns Greens Greys Whites just to start
My sister will have to change her name again for marring to the Savages, her maiden was a colour

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7235
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by tamada » November 18, 2020, 10:48 am

^ Coon renamed?! You're kidding me.

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1229
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by pipoz4444 » November 18, 2020, 11:17 am

noosard wrote:
November 18, 2020, 9:17 am
Must be cloudy in Oz today
The renaming of a cheese due to the inventers name being racist slur
Not that he would have thought so
I will have to probably have to change my name as well
Could be lots of names have to change because they upset a sook
Blacks Browns Greens Greys Whites just to start
My sister will have to change her name again for marring to the Savages, her maiden was a colour
Unfortunately Edward William Coon didn't get a chance to choose his own name, his parents and grand parents did that for him. Coon cheese being launched by Mr. Walker in 1935 and survived for what 80 plus years until the politically correct Canadians from Saputo got involved in 2015.

By the way Edward Coon patented the method, which was subsequently known as the "Cooning" process, for it fast maturation of cheese via high temperature and humidity. Patented in the in the USA, as far as I know. I just wonder if the Clowns who want to rename the cheese will try to get the Patent erased as well ?
William Edward Coon.jpg
William Edward Coon.jpg (27.67 KiB) Viewed 331 times

Remember Aussie lollies and foods, when you were growing up, such as
Arnott's Golliwog biscuits
Coles Creole Creams
Allen's Chicos
...Boy Licorice

Next in line to go are :-$ [-(
Eskimo Pie
Quaker Oats
Uncle Bens Rice
Chiquita Bananas
Zigeunersauce
Coco Pops
Jaffas


pipoz4444

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1229
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by pipoz4444 » November 18, 2020, 11:25 am

noosard wrote:
November 18, 2020, 9:17 am
Must be cloudy in Oz today
The renaming of a cheese due to the inventers name being racist slur
Not that he would have thought so
I will have to probably have to change my name as well
Could be lots of names have to change because they upset a sook
Blacks Browns Greens Greys Whites just to start
My sister will have to change her name again for marring to the Savages, her maiden was a colour
I think the Politician's from the Australian Green Party, should also have to change their Party Name, because it offends my "Martian" friend. :-k :-k

little-Little Green Man  from Mars.jpg

Some in the World have gone F...k.n made ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Why not just reset the World Clock starting at 01 January 2000 and pretend that their was no History before that date. Then move on to Fahrenheit 451. I read this book as part of my school curriculum back in 1973, and at the time thought it was too far fetched.

But the more I see these days of the World direction, the more it appears a possibility in the future. The Author of Fahrenheit 45, "Ray Bradbury" published his book in 1953 and is a "warning that the monopolizing effect of social media will transform generations to come into a society with no genuine connections, no distinctive thoughts, and excessive reliance on technology". Bradbury's thoughts sound pretty spot on to me and who knows, 100 years on from when he published the book, it may well become reality - Fast forward to Year 2053

Has anyone else ever read the book Fahrenheit 451

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on November 19, 2020, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluejets
udonmap.com
Posts: 877
Joined: March 17, 2008, 10:05 am
Location: Australia

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by bluejets » November 19, 2020, 7:17 am

Haven't read the book but sounds pretty spot on all the same.

I often wonder just who "they" are that bring this garbage into the forefront for change.

"black guy" Brown Stadium was another.

Even here it gets jumped on.

Then again, Callum Murry thinks it makes him really popular. (Bet he ends up with nickname Squid)

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 3417
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by Barney » November 19, 2020, 12:59 pm

If you thought you were drinking the best Gin produced, for all these years, then you need to try the truly best Gin in the world.

Four Pillars Gin, from of course Australia, has just been awarded the back to back, 2019, 2020 Best Gin title.
Now on my list to procure.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 1251
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by AlexO » November 19, 2020, 1:55 pm

Well done Barney.
In a year with virtually no international travel the Aussies vote an Aussie Gin the best in the world. Almost the same as the Baseball and American Football World Championships held exclusively, where???

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 3417
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by Barney » November 19, 2020, 7:25 pm

AlexO wrote:Well done Barney.
In a year with virtually no international travel the Aussies vote an Aussie Gin the best in the world. Almost the same as the Baseball and American Football World Championships held exclusively, where???
AlexO
Where did you come up with that nonsense.
Have I missed something? I’ll stand corrected of course with further clarification of your learned statement.

Some light reading below.

Quote

The International Wine & Spirit Competition is an annual wine and spirit competition founded in 1969 by the German/British oenologist Anton Massel.[1] Each year the competition receives entries from over 90 countries worldwide. The awards given by the competition are considered as high honors in the industry. The event occurs annually in November, in London. Only products which pay the entry fee of £140 per category are judged, and three/four bottles of each product must be supplied.

Depending on the points out of 100 awarded, submitted products can receive gold outstanding, gold, silver outstanding, silver, or bronze awards, and there are no limitations on how many of each which can be awarded.[6] There is also an extensive range of trophies each year.

Judging
The judging process consists of blind tasting and panel discussion. Entries are judged by panels drawn from 250 specialists from around the world.

Judging processes
The competition has its own purpose built premises including temperature controlled cellars, tasting rooms and regular staff. In 2019, IWSC wine judging moved to London for the first time. The competition has its own storage facilities and cellaring for over 30,000 bottles.

It takes over six months to judge all the products as they are sorted into over 1,500 categories. The categories divide the entries by several factors: region or area; variety, style, or type; vintage or age; and similar characteristics. Wines and spirits that win awards go forward to the national or international level.

The competition makes use of over 250 specialist judges from all over the world. Many are Masters of Wine, some are winemakers or distillers, others are trade specialists, each judging in their special field. All judges attend an IWSC judges induction course.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1229
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by pipoz4444 » November 19, 2020, 8:12 pm

Barney wrote:
November 19, 2020, 12:59 pm
If you thought you were drinking the best Gin produced, for all these years, then you need to try the truly best Gin in the world.

Four Pillars Gin, from of course Australia, has just been awarded the back to back, 2019, 2020 Best Gin title.
Now on my list to procure.

Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Careful Barney, it wont be long before this name disappears of the bottle as well. :-k

By the way the Four Pillars of are considered to be, Belonging, Purpose, Transcendence, Storytelling. Just trying to expand a little on their meaning as related to the "Bottle of Gin" :wave: :drunk:

Belonging: I suppose, "Belonging to a bottle of Gin", means being a Drunk :drunk:

Purpose: That easy, the purpose of drinking a bottle of Gin is to get Pissed \:D/ \:D/

Storytelling: Probably refers to the fact that after a Bottle of this stuff, you tell everybody on of those campfire stories and brag about all the things you never did in life. :^o :-$

Transcendence: Hmm!! I am stumped on this one. Maybe it is something like this, :-k \:D/

Transcendence.jpg


pipoz4444

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 1251
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by AlexO » November 19, 2020, 11:23 pm

Barney wrote:
November 19, 2020, 7:25 pm
AlexO wrote:Well done Barney.
In a year with virtually no international travel the Aussies vote an Aussie Gin the best in the world. Almost the same as the Baseball and American Football World Championships held exclusively, where???
AlexO
Where did you come up with that nonsense.
Have I missed something? I’ll stand corrected of course with further clarification of your learned statement.

Some light reading below.

Quote

The International Wine & Spirit Competition is an annual wine and spirit competition founded in 1969 by the German/British oenologist Anton Massel.[1] Each year the competition receives entries from over 90 countries worldwide. The awards given by the competition are considered as high honors in the industry. The event occurs annually in November, in London. Only products which pay the entry fee of £140 per category are judged, and three/four bottles of each product must be supplied.

Depending on the points out of 100 awarded, submitted products can receive gold outstanding, gold, silver outstanding, silver, or bronze awards, and there are no limitations on how many of each which can be awarded.[6] There is also an extensive range of trophies each year.

Judging
The judging process consists of blind tasting and panel discussion. Entries are judged by panels drawn from 250 specialists from around the world.

Judging processes
The competition has its own purpose built premises including temperature controlled cellars, tasting rooms and regular staff. In 2019, IWSC wine judging moved to London for the first time. The competition has its own storage facilities and cellaring for over 30,000 bottles.

It takes over six months to judge all the products as they are sorted into over 1,500 categories. The categories divide the entries by several factors: region or area; variety, style, or type; vintage or age; and similar characteristics. Wines and spirits that win awards go forward to the national or international level.

The competition makes use of over 250 specialist judges from all over the world. Many are Masters of Wine, some are winemakers or distillers, others are trade specialists, each judging in their special field. All judges attend an IWSC judges induction course.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So that will be at the Sparkling 'Virtual' Award Ceremony who have donated the whole of their 25K prize money to who?? Its quite good Gin but not World Beating in my opinion. Aussie Rum, thats another question. How many Masters of Wine and other specialists would let a drink like Gin destroy their taste buds, Oh forgot your Aussie. So Shiraz Gin is normal. Stay safe.

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 3417
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by Barney » November 20, 2020, 7:43 am

On this day, 20th November 1926, the 1926 Imperial Conference accords Australia the status of self-governing Dominion, of equal status to Great Britain.

Whilst the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Australia came into effect on 1 January 1901, this did not mean that Australia had achieved independence from Britain. Under colonial federation approved by the United Kingdom, the six self-governing states of Australia merely allocated some functions to a federal authority. Australia was given the status of a Dominion, remaining a self-governing colony within the British Empire, with the Head of State being the British monarch. The Governor-General and State Governors were appointed by the British government and answered completely to the British government.

At the Imperial Conference of 1926, it was decreed that all Dominions within the British Empire were "equal in status, in no way subordinate one to another in any aspect of their domestic or external affairs, though united by a common allegiance to the Crown, and freely associated as members of the British Commonwealth of Nations." Australia and other Dominions such as South Africa, New Zealand and Canada could now conduct treaties and agreements with foreign powers and manage their own military strategies. Ultimately, the British monarch could only act on the advice of the Australian Government, and the Governor-General was no longer appointed by and answerable to the British monarch.

Pictured: individual George V with Prime Ministers attending the Imperial Conference of 1926.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1229
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by pipoz4444 » November 24, 2020, 12:45 am

For those who follow it, The Maroons have done it again, in Game 3 of the S o O, over the Cockroaches.

Congrats Wayne Bennet and Team =D> =D>

As for Paul Gallen's comments last week, re. "Fair" in response to "Worst Queensland Team in 40 Years" or something to that effect, all I can say Gallen was probably the worst NSW Captain in the last 40 years. Well done Paul, [-X time to put a zip in your mouth for the next 11 months. =;

And here is a Review of the Game from a "Typical" NSW Supporter, so one would assume that it is "Impartial" :pirate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iowllcYa8Sw :censored: :censored:

pipoz4444

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 13034
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by stattointhailand » November 24, 2020, 2:01 am

Why am I not shocked to see on the 1926 photo that the Aussie representative was called BRUCE :lol:

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7235
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by tamada » November 24, 2020, 7:02 am

AlexO wrote:
November 19, 2020, 11:23 pm
Barney wrote:
November 19, 2020, 7:25 pm
AlexO wrote:Well done Barney.
In a year with virtually no international travel the Aussies vote an Aussie Gin the best in the world. Almost the same as the Baseball and American Football World Championships held exclusively, where???
AlexO
Where did you come up with that nonsense.
Have I missed something? I’ll stand corrected of course with further clarification of your learned statement.

Some light reading below.

Quote

The International Wine & Spirit Competition is an annual wine and spirit competition founded in 1969 by the German/British oenologist Anton Massel.[1] Each year the competition receives entries from over 90 countries worldwide. The awards given by the competition are considered as high honors in the industry. The event occurs annually in November, in London. Only products which pay the entry fee of £140 per category are judged, and three/four bottles of each product must be supplied.

Depending on the points out of 100 awarded, submitted products can receive gold outstanding, gold, silver outstanding, silver, or bronze awards, and there are no limitations on how many of each which can be awarded.[6] There is also an extensive range of trophies each year.

Judging
The judging process consists of blind tasting and panel discussion. Entries are judged by panels drawn from 250 specialists from around the world.

Judging processes
The competition has its own purpose built premises including temperature controlled cellars, tasting rooms and regular staff. In 2019, IWSC wine judging moved to London for the first time. The competition has its own storage facilities and cellaring for over 30,000 bottles.

It takes over six months to judge all the products as they are sorted into over 1,500 categories. The categories divide the entries by several factors: region or area; variety, style, or type; vintage or age; and similar characteristics. Wines and spirits that win awards go forward to the national or international level.

The competition makes use of over 250 specialist judges from all over the world. Many are Masters of Wine, some are winemakers or distillers, others are trade specialists, each judging in their special field. All judges attend an IWSC judges induction course.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So that will be at the Sparkling 'Virtual' Award Ceremony who have donated the whole of their 25K prize money to who?? Its quite good Gin but not World Beating in my opinion. Aussie Rum, thats another question. How many Masters of Wine and other specialists would let a drink like Gin destroy their taste buds, Oh forgot your Aussie. So Shiraz Gin is normal. Stay safe.
Bugger off. Everyone knows Australia has the best gins in the world. Known a few myself. Don't knock 'em till you've tried 'em, I say.

User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 2372
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by noosard » November 25, 2020, 4:46 pm

A convicted terrorist has been stripped of his citizenship ahead of his release from Victorian prison.

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton confirmed Algerian-born Abdul Nacer Benbrika, spiritual leader of Australia’s largest terror network, had his Australian passport cancelled on November 20.

Benbrika was sentenced to a minimum of 12 years’ jail in 2008 for his role in plots targeting Sydney and Melbourne.

Teach him for being a dual citizen
Bye bye

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1366
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by Whistler » November 25, 2020, 5:02 pm

Barney wrote:
November 20, 2020, 7:43 am
On this day, 20th November 1926, the 1926 Imperial Conference accords Australia the status of self-governing Dominion, of equal status to Great Britain.

Whilst the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Australia came into effect on 1 January 1901, this did not mean that Australia had achieved independence from Britain. Under colonial federation approved by the United Kingdom, the six self-governing states of Australia merely allocated some functions to a federal authority. Australia was given the status of a Dominion, remaining a self-governing colony within the British Empire, with the Head of State being the British monarch. The Governor-General and State Governors were appointed by the British government and answered completely to the British government.

At the Imperial Conference of 1926, it was decreed that all Dominions within the British Empire were "equal in status, in no way subordinate one to another in any aspect of their domestic or external affairs, though united by a common allegiance to the Crown, and freely associated as members of the British Commonwealth of Nations." Australia and other Dominions such as South Africa, New Zealand and Canada could now conduct treaties and agreements with foreign powers and manage their own military strategies. Ultimately, the British monarch could only act on the advice of the Australian Government, and the Governor-General was no longer appointed by and answerable to the British monarch.

Pictured: individual George V with Prime Ministers attending the Imperial Conference of 1926.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barney's regular posts are great.

I think there should be a section on this site for Australia and Barney be given a sub thread on historical events
lies are already halfway around the world before the truth has laced up its shoes

Post Reply

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”