Watties spaghetti

Chuchi
udonmap.com
Posts: 530
Joined: April 17, 2016, 1:55 pm

Watties spaghetti

Post by Chuchi » October 28, 2020, 6:48 pm

I’ve been looking in the places that use to stock them BigC, Topps And Villa but they seem to be only stocking the Baked Beans.I don’t shop in Makro ,does anybody know if they stock them there or anwhere else.

Cheers Chuchi



User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7325
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by tamada » October 28, 2020, 6:55 pm

Chuchi wrote:
October 28, 2020, 6:48 pm
I’ve been looking in the places that use to stock them BigC, Topps And Villa but they seem to be only stocking the Baked Beans.I don’t shop in Makro ,does anybody know if they stock them there or anwhere else.

Cheers Chuchi
About half a dozen cans left in the import aisle at Big C Nittayo yesterday afternoon.

Chuchi
udonmap.com
Posts: 530
Joined: April 17, 2016, 1:55 pm

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by Chuchi » October 28, 2020, 7:10 pm

tamada wrote:
October 28, 2020, 6:55 pm
[quote=Chuchi post_id=595259 time=<a href="tel:1603885713">1603885713</a> user_id=42560]
I’ve been looking in the places that use to stock them BigC, Topps And Villa but they seem to be only stocking the Baked Beans.I don’t shop in Makro ,does anybody know if they stock them there or anwhere else.

Cheers Chuchi
About half a dozen cans left in the import aisle at Big C Nittayo yesterday afternoon.
[/quote]

I popped in there this morning Tam, am I looking in the wrong place?I saw the baked beans there

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7325
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by tamada » October 28, 2020, 7:43 pm

Chuchi wrote:
October 28, 2020, 7:10 pm
tamada wrote:
October 28, 2020, 6:55 pm
[quote=Chuchi post_id=595259 time=<a href="tel:1603885713">1603885713</a> user_id=42560]
I’ve been looking in the places that use to stock them BigC, Topps And Villa but they seem to be only stocking the Baked Beans.I don’t shop in Makro ,does anybody know if they stock them there or anwhere else.

Cheers Chuchi
About half a dozen cans left in the import aisle at Big C Nittayo yesterday afternoon.
I popped in there this morning Tam, am I looking in the wrong place?I saw the baked beans there
[/quote]

No, it was defo the spaghetti... unless the cans are very similar? I bought a couple of cans a few weeks back thinking it would be a quick and easy snack for the teenager but he still prefers his spicy Korean style ramen noodles so I have a can left in the cupboard.

I will keep my eyes peeled tho'.

Chuchi
udonmap.com
Posts: 530
Joined: April 17, 2016, 1:55 pm

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by Chuchi » October 28, 2020, 7:53 pm

tamada wrote:
October 28, 2020, 7:43 pm
Chuchi wrote:
October 28, 2020, 7:10 pm
tamada wrote:
October 28, 2020, 6:55 pm
[quote=Chuchi post_id=595259 time=<a href="tel:1603885713">1603885713</a> user_id=42560]
I’ve been looking in the places that use to stock them BigC, Topps And Villa but they seem to be only stocking the Baked Beans.I don’t shop in Makro ,does anybody know if they stock them there or anwhere else.

Cheers Chuchi
About half a dozen cans left in the import aisle at Big C Nittayo yesterday afternoon.
I popped in there this morning Tam, am I looking in the wrong place?I saw the baked beans there
No, it was defo the spaghetti... unless the cans are very similar? I bought a couple of cans a few weeks back thinking it would be a quick and easy snack for the teenager but he still prefers his spicy Korean style ramen noodles so I have a can left in the cupboard.

I will keep my eyes peeled tho'.
[/quote]

Cheers Tam, the cans are quite similar but I’ll take another look hopefully tomorrow. My boy seems to like them and he’s a fussy eater at the best of times.

stereolab
udonmap.com
Posts: 282
Joined: June 12, 2014, 11:20 am

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by stereolab » October 28, 2020, 10:14 pm

Big C had both the spaghetti and baked beans in stock yesterday. Have not tried the spaghetti, but the beans are superb, best I have ever tasted. Stock is placed haphazardly in Big C , so you need to keep a sharp eye open.

PS check out the coffee for sale at 79 baht per 250 grams per pack, a good range of passable coffees at a bargain price.

Chuchi
udonmap.com
Posts: 530
Joined: April 17, 2016, 1:55 pm

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by Chuchi » October 29, 2020, 2:45 pm

stereolab wrote:
October 28, 2020, 10:14 pm
Big C had both the spaghetti and baked beans in stock yesterday. Have not tried the spaghetti, but the beans are superb, best I have ever tasted. Stock is placed haphazardly in Big C , so you need to keep a sharp eye open.

PS check out the coffee for sale at 79 baht per 250 grams per pack, a good range of passable coffees at a bargain price.
I popped in again today , not doubting your statement stereolab I’m struggling to locate them. I must of walked up and down the imported products aisle about 5 times ,only managed to see half a dozen Wattie baked beans cans next to their minted green peas.

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3119
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by papafarang » October 29, 2020, 8:21 pm

Chuchi wrote:
October 29, 2020, 2:45 pm
stereolab wrote:
October 28, 2020, 10:14 pm
Big C had both the spaghetti and baked beans in stock yesterday. Have not tried the spaghetti, but the beans are superb, best I have ever tasted. Stock is placed haphazardly in Big C , so you need to keep a sharp eye open.

PS check out the coffee for sale at 79 baht per 250 grams per pack, a good range of passable coffees at a bargain price.
I popped in again today , not doubting your statement stereolab I’m struggling to locate them. I must of walked up and down the imported products aisle about 5 times ,only managed to see half a dozen Wattie baked beans cans next to their minted green peas.
Three shelves up ,one shelf across from the wattles beans, I have no idea why their not next to the beans ?. but sold out now anyway . all I left was a dented tin and a big gap . sorry
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com
Posts: 724
Joined: September 19, 2010, 12:43 am

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by GARYZX6R » October 29, 2020, 8:47 pm

:lol: :lol:
Bet your the one taking all the gravy granules too [-X

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7325
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by tamada » October 29, 2020, 9:50 pm

Sooooo busted.

Chuchi
udonmap.com
Posts: 530
Joined: April 17, 2016, 1:55 pm

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by Chuchi » November 2, 2020, 12:52 pm

I managed to locate them,Villa market top shelf in the soup section (nowhere near the baked beans).
Thanks

User avatar
Charlieb
udonmap.com
Posts: 805
Joined: January 18, 2007, 4:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by Charlieb » November 2, 2020, 1:33 pm

Noted yesterday that Dean at Papa Fahlang has that kind of spaghetti.
Never tried it myself

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1404
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by Whistler » November 2, 2020, 2:50 pm

That tined rubbish is not spaghetti, it is some sort of carcinogenic material bathed in a questionable sauce with a heart stopping excessive amount of sodium chloride.
lies are already halfway around the world before the truth has laced up its shoes

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7325
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by tamada » November 2, 2020, 7:08 pm

Whistler wrote:
November 2, 2020, 2:50 pm
That tined rubbish is not spaghetti, it is some sort of carcinogenic material bathed in a questionable sauce with a heart stopping excessive amount of sodium chloride.
Do us a favor and eat some.

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1404
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by Whistler » November 2, 2020, 8:01 pm

tamada wrote:
November 2, 2020, 7:08 pm
Whistler wrote:
November 2, 2020, 2:50 pm
That tined rubbish is not spaghetti, it is some sort of carcinogenic material bathed in a questionable sauce with a heart stopping excessive amount of sodium chloride.
Do us a favor and eat some.
My Glaswegian mother did ram some down my throat as wee bairn, disgusting then, it has not improved. However, imitation tined spag, fried mars bars, chips with everything, over boiled vegetables, fry ups, etc do British cooking no favours.

Confession time. Love black pudding, smoked eel, Scottish shortbread (only at Hogmanay), Spam, spam and more spam, almost all English cheeses and my beloved haggis.
lies are already halfway around the world before the truth has laced up its shoes

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3119
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by papafarang » November 3, 2020, 7:15 am

Whistler wrote:
November 2, 2020, 8:01 pm
tamada wrote:
November 2, 2020, 7:08 pm
Whistler wrote:
November 2, 2020, 2:50 pm
That tined rubbish is not spaghetti, it is some sort of carcinogenic material bathed in a questionable sauce with a heart stopping excessive amount of sodium chloride.
Do us a favor and eat some.
My Glaswegian mother did ram some down my throat as wee bairn, disgusting then, it has not improved. However, imitation tined spag, fried mars bars, chips with everything, over boiled vegetables, fry ups, etc do British cooking no favours.

Confession time. Love black pudding, smoked eel, Scottish shortbread (only at Hogmanay), Spam, spam and more spam, almost all English cheeses and my beloved haggis.
:lol: I don't like spaghetti in any form myself ,the only thing worse than tinned spaghetti would be if it was served up with spam :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 1404
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm
Location: Udon, West of Ciity
Contact:

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by Whistler » November 3, 2020, 9:08 am

papafarang wrote:
November 3, 2020, 7:15 am
Whistler wrote:
November 2, 2020, 8:01 pm
tamada wrote:
November 2, 2020, 7:08 pm
Whistler wrote:
November 2, 2020, 2:50 pm
That tined rubbish is not spaghetti, it is some sort of carcinogenic material bathed in a questionable sauce with a heart stopping excessive amount of sodium chloride.
Do us a favor and eat some.
My Glaswegian mother did ram some down my throat as wee bairn, disgusting then, it has not improved. However, imitation tined spag, fried mars bars, chips with everything, over boiled vegetables, fry ups, etc do British cooking no favours.

Confession time. Love black pudding, smoked eel, Scottish shortbread (only at Hogmanay), Spam, spam and more spam, almost all English cheeses and my beloved haggis.
:lol: I don't like spaghetti in any form myself ,the only thing worse than tinned spaghetti would be if it was served up with spam :lol:
Mmmm, Spam, eggs, sausage and spam with spaghetti...sounds delicious, you must add it to your menu Dean
lies are already halfway around the world before the truth has laced up its shoes

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3119
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by papafarang » November 3, 2020, 9:40 am

Whistler wrote:
November 3, 2020, 9:08 am
papafarang wrote:
November 3, 2020, 7:15 am
Whistler wrote:
November 2, 2020, 8:01 pm
tamada wrote:
November 2, 2020, 7:08 pm
Whistler wrote:
November 2, 2020, 2:50 pm
That tined rubbish is not spaghetti, it is some sort of carcinogenic material bathed in a questionable sauce with a heart stopping excessive amount of sodium chloride.
Do us a favor and eat some.
My Glaswegian mother did ram some down my throat as wee bairn, disgusting then, it has not improved. However, imitation tined spag, fried mars bars, chips with everything, over boiled vegetables, fry ups, etc do British cooking no favours.

Confession time. Love black pudding, smoked eel, Scottish shortbread (only at Hogmanay), Spam, spam and more spam, almost all English cheeses and my beloved haggis.
:lol: I don't like spaghetti in any form myself ,the only thing worse than tinned spaghetti would be if it was served up with spam :lol:
Mmmm, Spam, eggs, sausage and spam with spaghetti...sounds delicious, you must add it to your menu Dean
Noooo :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
Niggly
udonmap.com
Posts: 791
Joined: December 5, 2018, 5:51 pm
Location: ‘www.overthere.com’

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by Niggly » November 3, 2020, 9:56 am

Spam fritters with tinned spaghetti in tomato sauce & a couple of slices of thickly buttered white bread added to the Sunday lunch menu. Now you’re talking😋

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3119
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Watties spaghetti

Post by papafarang » November 3, 2020, 11:09 am

Niggly wrote:
November 3, 2020, 9:56 am
Spam fritters with tinned spaghetti in tomato sauce & a couple of slices of thickly buttered white bread added to the Sunday lunch menu. Now you’re talking😋
Heathens
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Post Reply

Return to “I'm Looking For....”