Health check ups Experiences and Comparisions

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Re: Health check ups Experiences and Comparisions

Post by newtovillagelife » October 14, 2020, 6:30 pm

Well I was just there today....and was told I would get the results on the 28th. My wife has been there before and she also had to wait two weeks....you must be special.

I would like to hear from anybody else who has walked in off the street, and got a check up package, and able to get the results in the afternoon.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » October 15, 2020, 12:05 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
October 14, 2020, 6:30 pm
Well I was just there today....and was told I would get the results on the 28th. My wife has been there before and she also had to wait two weeks....you must be special.

I would like to hear from anybody else who has walked in off the street, and got a check up package, and able to get the results in the afternoon.
Ntvl, I can't imagine why they would tell you that. Lab tests are always available the same day within hours, and so is an EKG and Chest X-ray. In my case, over the years I have asked for special blood tests like Testosterone which has to be sent to a lab in Bangkok, and that is promised within two weeks. Also, I had to wait once over some time to have a whole abdominal ultrasound because the technician was on vacation, but these are exceptional situations. Aside from that I was always able to get results the same day as were all the other patients in the queue with me as I returned at 2 PM to see the doctor and they were all there with me again. I've taken my stepdaughter and wife for their annual check-ups, and it's always the same....same day results. Maybe there's just some miscommunication. Again, you are given the option to see the doctor for a review of your tests the same day, or you can opt to not see the doc and have the tests mailed to you, in which case it will take two weeks to get the results. That could be the misunderstanding. Hope you can work that out.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » October 15, 2020, 12:21 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
October 15, 2020, 12:05 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:

Ntvl, I can't imagine why they would tell you that. Lab tests are always available the same day within hours, and so is an EKG and Chest X-ray. In my case, over the years I have asked for special blood tests like Testosterone which has to be sent to a lab in Bangkok, and that is promised within two weeks. Also, I had to wait once over some time to have a whole abdominal ultrasound because the technician was on vacation, but these are exceptional situations. Aside from that I was always able to get results the same day as were all the other patients in the queue with me as I returned at 2 PM to see the doctor and they were all there with me again. I've taken my stepdaughter and wife for their annual check-ups, and it's always the same....same day results. Maybe there's just some miscommunication. Again, you are given the option to see the doctor for a review of your tests the same day, or you can opt to not see the doc and have the tests mailed to you, in which case it will take two weeks to get the results. That could be the misunderstanding. Hope you can work that out.
Well again I would like to hear from some others, and there experiences. Right now you are the only one who seems to get same day service.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 15, 2020, 12:49 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
October 15, 2020, 12:05 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:

... Again, you are given the option to see the doctor for a review of your tests the same day, or you can opt to not see the doc and have the tests mailed to you, in which case it will take two weeks to get the results. That could be the misunderstanding. Hope you can work that out.
I think we need to reconcile the, "...see the doctor for a review of your tests the same day, ..." with "... have the tests mailed to you, in which case it will take two weeks to get the results..."

Since you already claim that some tests need to be "...sent to a lab in Bangkok...", then the same-day service maybe be simply a 'review' in lieu of the doctor having the full results in his hand. Is there ANY lab analysis done on site?

If it was me, I would forego the same-day 'comfort chat' and make an appointment to return and see the doctor with the test results in hand and discuss my progress then. In my advancing years, I don't place much faith in any doctor saying, "Everything looks fine to me Mr Tam, see you next year."

There's a concurrent thread about a UM member who considers that the ancient tires and suspension on his old car 'looks OK'. He's not a mechanic either.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » October 15, 2020, 1:00 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:

To clarify things I got the 1500 baht package(which includes blood test, chest xray, urine test etc..) and added an EKG.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 15, 2020, 4:24 pm

I think one needs to be more specific as blood testing and urinalysis each have a number of test indicators. Beyond the Army Hospital's in-house ability for basic blood work up, maybe some of them require lab analysis in Bangkok? SFG has already suggested that the testosterone test analysis is outsourced.

Anyway, what's the rush?

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » October 15, 2020, 4:43 pm

I have bi-monthly blood checks at AEK. Not cheap. It's the HDL and LDL cholesterol test that is expensive. Would be interested if this was included in the cheaper schemes previously mentioned.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 15, 2020, 4:45 pm

Galee wrote:
October 15, 2020, 4:43 pm
I have bi-monthly blood checks at AEK. Not cheap. It's the HDL and LDL cholesterol test that is expensive. Would be interested if this was included in the cheaper schemes previously mentioned.
If it just for HDL and LDL try the Lab in town , certainly cheaper than AEK

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 15, 2020, 5:13 pm

tamada wrote:
October 15, 2020, 4:24 pm
I think one needs to be more specific as blood testing and urinalysis each have a number of test indicators. Beyond the Army Hospital's in-house ability for basic blood work up, maybe some of them require lab analysis in Bangkok? SFG has already suggested that the testosterone test analysis is outsourced.

Anyway, what's the rush?
T've done the PSA and Testosteron test at Udon-Lab both sent yo Bankok or maybe to just Bankok Hospital,think the latter in my case..1 year ago..each one to a cost of 750Bath.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » October 15, 2020, 7:41 pm

Galee wrote:
October 15, 2020, 4:43 pm
I'm fairly certain that the HDL and LDL is included in this although they seem to say only Cholesterol on the advertisement.
Attachments
Military Hosp Prices.jpg
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » October 15, 2020, 10:51 pm

Semper, let know how the Pap Smear part was done😗.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 18, 2020, 12:27 pm

More health n Hospital experiences ..

Just back from my follow up at Dr Wattanas surgery in Thabo .. having been on his prescribed meds for the last 7 days and a better ultrasound viewing twood show i have a collapsed non/semi functioning stone laden gall bladder hence my abdominal discomfort .. reccod surgery to remove said dikky GB tho can book at my leisure as not a life or death or alternatively option live with the issue and have discomfort on n off sporadically.

Already checked out prices for a 2/3 night room plus the key hole op ..

Bkk UD circa 100k (price info was vague and approximate , informed a must have asap surgery ?????? Ummmm really)

Army Ud circa 50k , vague info as to key hole or standard surgery (op only / not inc room follow up meds etc )

Thabo Crown Prince Hospital 44k all inc (2 week waiting list and pre booking of 7 days prior to admitting ) again Dr Wattana who is the hospital director as well has surgeon, the hospital has anew wing and the old part renovated seems to be well run and had reccos off a couple of former patients who have had the same op there.

Ud General , Wattana n AEK didnt bother to check.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 18, 2020, 3:16 pm

OOPS forgot to add the Thabo CPH hospital website .. quite a nice informative well laid out site , theres a section on minimal invasive surgery with emphasis on gall bladder removal.

Posted as info only and a heads up as an alternative option to the hospitals in Udonthani

http://www.thabohospital.com/thabo/

exactly 1 hr drive from Udon

DM just booked in here next month for the surgery
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “Health & Beauty”