Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: school fees

Post by Niggly » October 10, 2020, 10:04 pm

noosard wrote:
October 10, 2020, 6:56 pm
Well the Christian School has gone to 6 days a week to catch up
No extra cost except no school bus so have to be taxi
Crikey, I hope this was discussed with Dragon first.
What with term fees already paid, transport to/from school, undoubtedly another uniform & sports kit just for the Saturday & feeding the children to consider, I’m surprised this idea ever got off the ground
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » October 11, 2020, 5:50 am

My understanding is that the extra days involve only three Saturdays this month, at least at present. My office contact, if I understood correctly, suggested that the school might not be observing some of the usual stoppages, in an effort to recover lost teaching time. She hadn't bothered to produce a new school holiday list, because 'things might change'.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 11, 2020, 7:21 am

MY information albeit sketchy, is that many schools are shortening Holidays or even cancelling some to catch up with the Curriculum , beware of the extra classes some teachers advocate to assist your children at a price , common trick used by some to augment their salaries when in fact that subject should be taught in NORMAL school lessons .

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 11, 2020, 7:51 am

I know Paramin put out a calender for the next term
Not seen as yet
Fees for next term paid

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » October 11, 2020, 10:25 am

Niggly wrote:
October 10, 2020, 10:04 pm
noosard wrote:
What with term fees already paid, transport to/from school, undoubtedly another uniform & sports kit just for the Saturday & feeding the children to consider, I’m surprised this idea ever got off the ground
Are you sick . i seem to have got under your skin . The reason i gave up on this post is most of you live in farangland while i live in thailand . You cannot see passed a farang point of view while most of my complaint was against the school doing this to all people not just the falang elite . There are 5 families near me who send their kids to that school . all poor , 2 families struggle and go without for their boys to go there thinking they will get a better education and job . The money does not bother me but the principle does and so does trying to work out what clothes to wear on what day .
I constantly see farangs complain about 5 baht increase on beer etc .
I complain for the stupidity of having so many uniforms and the struggle thai families have to pay for them and the fact that is is all corruption and the uniform saga is just to make money from selling clothes but of course living in farangland you would never understand
A few weeks ago my 4 yr old started school at the local school which i will send him until he is 5 . This is the poorest school i have ever seen but these are his uniforms after a few weeks less the boy scouts which i have not bought yet .All the non school clothes made by teachers wife . If you think this si ok then you have a problem
snipCapture.JPG

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 11, 2020, 7:47 pm

dragonz wrote:
October 11, 2020, 10:25 am
Niggly wrote:
October 10, 2020, 10:04 pm
noosard wrote:
Are you sick . i seem to have got under your skin . The reason i gave up on this post is most of you live in farangland while i live in thailand . You cannot see passed a farang point of view while most of my complaint was against the school doing this to all people not just the falang elite . There are 5 families near me who send their kids to that school . all poor , 2 families struggle and go without for their boys to go there thinking they will get a better education and job . The money does not bother me but the principle does and so does trying to work out what clothes to wear on what day .
I constantly see farangs complain about 5 baht increase on beer etc .
I complain for the stupidity of having so many uniforms and the struggle thai families have to pay for them and the fact that is is all corruption and the uniform saga is just to make money from selling clothes but of course living in farangland you would never understand
A few weeks ago my 4 yr old started school at the local school which i will send him until he is 5 . This is the poorest school i have ever seen but these are his uniforms after a few weeks less the boy scouts which i have not bought yet .All the non school clothes made by teachers wife . If you think this si ok then you have a problem snipCapture.JPG
That diatribe would suggest it’s me that’s actually under your skin petal. Image

After all that, did they bother to discuss this outrageous attempt to do the right thing or just forge ahead with blatantly extorting you regardless?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 12, 2020, 7:30 am

OMG Niggly is the voice of utter stupidity again, as he moves onto schools, failing to empathise with parents not so well off as himself. Or as usual missing the point entirely.

Like others I have always been amazed at the number of Uniforms the children want, although NOT having to buy them ( no kids ) I have watched too often in the schools I taught in , how the children are treated if they do not have the correct bit of kit on that day and spoken to some of the parents who also cannot believe the requirements. It is a Thai culture thing, everyone wears the same therefore control is easier.

HOWEVER compassion and understanding of parental worries and costs are NOT taken into account, never have been and probably in our lives never will.

Parents will struggle , some doing three jobs to send their children to school in the right gear as they know full well the mental stress caused to their children if they do not have the right gear, because of bullying and held up as a child who is not the same as others. I have seen it and witnessed it, unable to stop it .

It took the threat I made to a Director that I would call the Police if a certain teacher did not stop the verbal and sometimes physical abuse of children. because they were not conforming to the dress code.

It sadly is a snapshot of how Schools are run or not depending on your viewpoint. We have recently seen how some teachers treat small children who in the main are completely unware of their imagined transgressions, just think how a young teenager feels when parents are not able to supply the correct books, kit etc, I can tell you what happens, they miss school that day so they are not bullied, abused etc, so the child does not feel odd. The schools do not even react to the absence at all.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 12, 2020, 7:34 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 12, 2020, 7:30 am
OMG Niggly is the voice of utter stupidity again, as he moves onto schools, failing to empathise with parents not so well off as himself. Or as usual missing the point entirely.
Err, read the full thread before commenting

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 12, 2020, 7:35 am

Niggly wrote:
October 12, 2020, 7:34 am
Khun Paul wrote:
Err, read the full thread before commenting
Why are you showing intelligence, that would be unusual.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 12, 2020, 9:27 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 12, 2020, 7:35 am

Why are you showing intelligence, that would be unusual.
Try reading it & finding out for yourself

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 12, 2020, 10:54 am

30-all

new balls please

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 12, 2020, 11:11 am

tamada wrote:
October 12, 2020, 10:54 am
30-all

new balls please
KP is still struggling with each word on the full 5 pages of this thread without getting disillusioned with his reading skills

A weak 40-30?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 12, 2020, 11:38 am

What clap-trap is now being spouted, Niggly accusing me of lack of reading skills, that's rich from a chap whose total existence is based on insulting people and attempting to be clever. As I stated before I have been insulted by experts and consider people who try to be clever are not ! Sadly Niggly is none of the latter .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 12, 2020, 11:48 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 12, 2020, 11:38 am
As I stated before I have been insulted by experts
Surely game, set & match

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » October 15, 2020, 3:02 pm

Khun Paul wrote:

Like others I have always been amazed at the number of Uniforms the children want, although NOT having to buy them ( no kids ) I have watched too often in the schools I taught in , how the children are treated if they do not have the correct bit of kit on that day and spoken to some of the parents who also cannot believe the requirements. It is a Thai culture thing, everyone wears the same therefore control is easier.

HOWEVER compassion and understanding of parental worries and costs are NOT taken into account, never have been and probably in our lives never will.

Parents will struggle , some doing three jobs to send their children to school in the right gear as they know full well the mental stress caused to their children if they do not have the right gear, because of bullying and held up as a child who is not the same as others. I have seen it and witnessed it, unable to stop it .

It took the threat I made to a Director that I would call the Police if a certain teacher did not stop the verbal and sometimes physical abuse of children. because they were not conforming to the dress code.

It sadly is a snapshot of how Schools are run or not depending on your viewpoint. We have recently seen how some teachers treat small children who in the main are completely unware of their imagined transgressions, just think how a young teenager feels when parents are not able to supply the correct books, kit etc, I can tell you what happens, they miss school that day so they are not bullied, abused etc, so the child does not feel odd. The schools do not even react to the absence at all.
Pretty accurate post but the herd cannot see it when they say thing like do not buy the sports clothes etc then you child will be left out and bullied but members living in neverland cannot see or understand that .Thai schools are run as businesses to make money and not to teach children that is a fact .
This last few weeks my sons teacher would not let them play football after class when they have 90 mins to wait for the bus even though the rest of the school does . I went to see him and told him straight not to act like an ass hXle and to let my son play same as he has done for the last 6 yrs . He now plays football after school has finished but now he does not like my son and shouts at him all the time so nearly time to pay him another visit

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”