Papa Farang's

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Papa Farang's

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 6, 2020, 6:21 pm

papafarang wrote:
September 6, 2020, 6:15 pm
Good Sunday again. Totally knackered. Thought I'd enjoy a couple of beers with the boys .alas one beer. ,lunch and 3 custard tarts and I was done. These 4 am starts are a bit much.
In other news .my new kebab machine is great ,tried it out yesterday and pigged out trying a couple of different recipes . the Lebanese garlic sauce is awesome, the spice mix was good but I think I can make it better. Tried a flat bread wrap ,baguette and in a burger bun. All good but I want to try a couple of others. Turkish Pida bread looks good. So anyway give it a couple of weeks and I should get to what I want. I need a supply of feta cheese and chick peas. Looking to make another buffet style day once the recipes all come together . DM do you still have your belly dancers outfit ,does it still fit you ?
Like the sound of these kebabs Dean ... an all.you can eat kebab buffet ..chuck in a chang big bottle pro n sounds like heaven...

Ref my belly dancing outfit ..yep still comes in handy ..infact im.wearing it now as got guests round for a pea n pie supper event .

CUSTARD TARTS ... buffet also a good idea

Dm.

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 7, 2020, 7:05 pm

Hi guys , my wife went away on a sudden holiday , can't blame her as she's not had one in years. So no fresh bread until Friday. But we have plenty of pies , pasties and sausage rolls in stock.curries ,cottage pies ,apple crumble, and blackcurrant crumbles. Cheesecakes also in stock .so I've got a couple of days just pottering around in the kitchen. Time for a bit of cake baking.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 7, 2020, 9:18 pm

papafarang wrote:
September 7, 2020, 7:05 pm
Hi guys , my wife went away on a sudden holiday , can't blame her as she's not had one in years. So no fresh bread until Friday. But we have plenty of pies , pasties and sausage rolls in stock.curries ,cottage pies ,apple crumble, and blackcurrant crumbles. Cheesecakes also in stock .so I've got a couple of days just pottering around in the kitchen. Time for a bit of cake baking.
...and potato salad.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 7, 2020, 10:23 pm

tamada wrote:
September 7, 2020, 9:18 pm
papafarang wrote:
...and potato salad.
About bloody time you did the right thing Dean

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 8, 2020, 9:35 am

dunroaming wrote:
September 7, 2020, 10:23 pm
tamada wrote:
September 7, 2020, 9:18 pm
papafarang wrote:
...and potato salad.
About bloody time you did the right thing Dean
Pototo salad made and in the fridge 8-[
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 8, 2020, 3:50 pm

HOLIDAYS ..whatsxall.that about dean .. the missus should be chained to the custard tart making machine thingy .. ur getting soft in yer old age .

Dm

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 8, 2020, 5:59 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 8, 2020, 3:50 pm
HOLIDAYS ..whatsxall.that about dean .. the missus should be chained to the custard tart making machine thingy .. ur getting soft in yer old age .

Dm
Its not that bad she gave me 20,000b before she left just in case I needed something :-" . I did manage to make a new type of bread today ,Turkish pide . Apparently very popular style in Berlin . trying something a bit different for kebabs as everyone makes wraps.
So ...what do you do when the wife goes away and leave you with 20,000b ? I might treat myself to a pair of wellies ,maybe buy a new egg timer ? The worlds my oyster ..living the dream .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 8, 2020, 9:10 pm

papafarang wrote:
September 8, 2020, 5:59 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm
Its not that bad she gave me 20,000b before she left just in case I needed something :-" . I did manage to make a new type of bread today ,Turkish pide . Apparently very popular style in Berlin . trying something a bit different for kebabs as everyone makes wraps.
So ...what do you do when the wife goes away and leave you with 20,000b ? I might treat myself to a pair of wellies ,maybe buy a new egg timer ? The worlds my oyster ..living the dream .
You should consider buying a whole lamb donner meat roll.for yer new. Kebab machine ..then trial.it this weekend ..WHEN IM.BACK IN UDON

also a super fast latest option toppa the range custardctart n potato salad maker ..

Jalfezi n Madras hit the spot .. u git plenty in stock

Dm

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 8, 2020, 11:37 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 8, 2020, 9:10 pm
papafarang wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm
You should consider buying a whole lamb donner meat roll.for yer new. Kebab machine ..then trial.it this weekend ..WHEN IM.BACK IN UDON

also a super fast latest option toppa the range custardctart n potato salad maker ..

Dm
Jon your back! And my last weekend in Udon for god knows how long let's meet up and try these new inventions and have a few in the process up for it?

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 9, 2020, 2:59 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
papafarang wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm

Dm
Someone suggested chicken tikka for the kebab machine ? And chicken tikka pizza . I think he likes tikka a lot

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 9, 2020, 5:06 am

dunroaming wrote:
September 8, 2020, 11:37 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
papafarang wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm

Dm
Jon your back! And my last weekend in Udon for god knows how long let's meet up and try these new inventions and have a few in the process up for it?
Yes why not .. sounds good ..im.in mi new bkk digs tonight then dels around isan .. back udon Fri Sat n Sun away again Monday ..was planning a PFs Sunday shindig amongst other things .

Dm

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » September 9, 2020, 3:43 pm

Should that not be ‘the world’s my lobster’…
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 9, 2020, 5:06 pm

papafarang wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm
Dean be careful what you buy she will want receipts when she comes back 🤣

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 9, 2020, 7:01 pm

joepai wrote:
September 9, 2020, 3:43 pm

Most of my time the worlds my crabstick

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » September 10, 2020, 2:33 pm

Most of my time the worlds my crabstick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCn7Kp2M8Cc
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 13, 2020, 5:36 am

Sunday lunch carvery style ,pork,chicken or beef all the trimmings. We also decided to extend the drink range as some people like small beers . Beer Laos dark and light 80b/75b and a nice dry cider just 75b
Open 12 noon.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 13, 2020, 7:10 am

What cider is it Dean?
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 13, 2020, 7:31 am

vincemunday wrote:
September 13, 2020, 7:10 am
What cider is it Dean?
Savanna dry from south Africa , 330ml bottles so two bottles are more than one pint. Really nice and the only drink I put ice with

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 15, 2020, 8:55 am

Tuesday curry , for a change I'm making vindaloo as my curries are normally mild . we do have Madras, korma available if your not into spicy . Another trial curry I'm making is Japanese curry just for the fun of it .
Open 12 noon

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 27, 2020, 8:48 am

Sunday roast day. Made banoffee cream pie for the sweet toothed . mini pasties back in stock 3 for 100b ,also spicy curry pasties 3 for 100b

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”