America coming apart at the seams?

World news discussion forum
AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by AlexO » August 16, 2020, 6:48 pm

Now she, her husband and their six children are trying to make 'ends meet' on $125 in unemployment benefits each week.

Awe got everyone's sympathy vote now, how can a family of 8 survive on 125 greenbacks a week (outrage). The next paragraph!

The Fearringtons had been receiving an extra $600 a week in benefits thanks to an emergency lifeline set up by Congress in March.
But no mention anywhere in the article that the Fearringtons have been trying to make 'ends meet' on 725 dollars a week. Typical Guardian rubbish. Go ask someone in a menial job or indeed 95% of all jobs in Moscow or Havana if they have the same lifestyle as Putin or Castro.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 16, 2020, 8:11 pm

^ What part about the difficulty of a family of eight trying to get by on the equivalent of 550 quid a week before losing benefits do you consider as being a bit disingenuous?

How much did you pay your slaves BTW?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » August 16, 2020, 8:30 pm

Too funny. A certain individual on here is comparing the United States and Trump to two dictators in their respective countries? What a f****** joke.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 18, 2020, 1:28 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
May 30, 2020, 5:38 pm
jackspratt wrote:
May 30, 2020, 5:01 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
May 30, 2020, 4:41 pm
..... The Democratic Party and the American mass media have sold out to the Globalists, and their chief aim is to "fundamentally change America" which was the battle cry of former President Obama who did more to take down America than any President in US history.
This is what Obama actually said, sfg - reads very much to me like he wanted to build America up, rather than taking it down.
Now, Mizzou, I just have two words for you tonight: five days. Five days. After decades of broken politics in Washington, and eight years of failed policies from George W. Bush, and 21 months of a campaign that's taken us from the rocky coast of Maine to the sunshine of California, we are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.

"In five days, you can turn the page on policies that put greed and irresponsibility on Wall Street before the hard work and sacrifice of folks on Main Street. In five days, you can choose policies that invest in our middle class, and create new jobs, and grow this economy, so that everyone has a chance to succeed, not just the CEO, but the secretary and janitor, not just the factory owner, but the men and women on the factory floor."
https://www.politifact.com/article/2014 ... tally-tra/
More glib words from a politician looking for office, as you would expect and get from all sides of politics.

But far from the nefarious meaning you seem to want to attach to it.
And in my estimation just more rhetoric and "blue sky" promises to sway the vote and secure power. It was the greatest "bait and switch" of all times. He was our greatest orator....another Adolf Hitler who hoodwinked the populace like a silver-tongued devil. He suckered the evangelicals into believing he was a Christian, but he is a known Muslim who even betrayed that faith by being a cheerleader for the Feminists and promoting gay rights, gay marriage, abortion rights and transgenderism...the hallmark of his presidency! Now half the country prefers to fly the rainbow flag and burn the American flag, and we even have "drag queen" story time in public libraries across America with big fat drag queen pedophiles sitting little kids on their laps while there parents sit around and clap with glee. He betrayed the Black community and did nothing to promote the uniting of races in American. The greatest divide in race relations since the successes of the civil rights movement started on his watch. I could go on and on, but I won't!

Now the truth is finally coming out about his part in trying to take down President Trump on his way out of office. This guy is a traitor to the American way if there ever was one, and I'm confident that history will bear this out in the years ahead. And, he's still behind the scenes manipulating the Democratic Party. There is good reason to assume that Joe Biden will be replaced at the Democratic Convention in August and Hillary Clinton will be the nominee, and Obama could legally become her running mate. Sounds crazy right? Just wait and see what happens! He was and still is just another Globalist puppet, and they aren't finished with him just yet.
Well we waited and it simply didn't happen.

Besides that, the first paragraph is an amazing rant, parents clapping with glee as pedophiles abuse their children, that has to be one the most ridiculous statements posted on this or any other forum

From my observation, the neo-cons have not found a ***** in Biden's nor Harris's armour so they only have three lines of attack.

- Trot out the conspiracy theories like this one, claiming Biden is a puppet without any evidence. Obama is neither a puppet master nor a Muslim.
- Personally vilify the candidates by distorting past elements of their careers
- Create a stack of fake articles, doctored videos, half truths and watch the gullible swallow the gumpf

The problem with all three approaches is they only appeal to rusted on Trumpster's, they wont carry weight with moderates who have undoubtedly decided that 4 more years of Trump incompetence is not tolerable. These people may not be super excited by Biden, but they are decidedly anti Trump.

Decent people from middle America have seen the damage and mismanagement from a president totally out of control, no more, America and the world have had enough of this clown.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » August 18, 2020, 5:52 pm

Whistler wrote:
August 18, 2020, 1:28 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
May 30, 2020, 5:38 pm
jackspratt wrote:
May 30, 2020, 5:01 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
May 30, 2020, 4:41 pm
..... The Democratic Party and the American mass media have sold out to the Globalists, and their chief aim is to "fundamentally change America" which was the battle cry of former President Obama who did more to take down America than any President in US history.
This is what Obama actually said, sfg - reads very much to me like he wanted to build America up, rather than taking it down.
Now, Mizzou, I just have two words for you tonight: five days. Five days. After decades of broken politics in Washington, and eight years of failed policies from George W. Bush, and 21 months of a campaign that's taken us from the rocky coast of Maine to the sunshine of California, we are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.

"In five days, you can turn the page on policies that put greed and irresponsibility on Wall Street before the hard work and sacrifice of folks on Main Street. In five days, you can choose policies that invest in our middle class, and create new jobs, and grow this economy, so that everyone has a chance to succeed, not just the CEO, but the secretary and janitor, not just the factory owner, but the men and women on the factory floor."
https://www.politifact.com/article/2014 ... tally-tra/
More glib words from a politician looking for office, as you would expect and get from all sides of politics.

But far from the nefarious meaning you seem to want to attach to it.
And in my estimation just more rhetoric and "blue sky" promises to sway the vote and secure power. It was the greatest "bait and switch" of all times. He was our greatest orator....another Adolf Hitler who hoodwinked the populace like a silver-tongued devil. He suckered the evangelicals into believing he was a Christian, but he is a known Muslim who even betrayed that faith by being a cheerleader for the Feminists and promoting gay rights, gay marriage, abortion rights and transgenderism...the hallmark of his presidency! Now half the country prefers to fly the rainbow flag and burn the American flag, and we even have "drag queen" story time in public libraries across America with big fat drag queen pedophiles sitting little kids on their laps while there parents sit around and clap with glee. He betrayed the Black community and did nothing to promote the uniting of races in American. The greatest divide in race relations since the successes of the civil rights movement started on his watch. I could go on and on, but I won't!

Now the truth is finally coming out about his part in trying to take down President Trump on his way out of office. This guy is a traitor to the American way if there ever was one, and I'm confident that history will bear this out in the years ahead. And, he's still behind the scenes manipulating the Democratic Party. There is good reason to assume that Joe Biden will be replaced at the Democratic Convention in August and Hillary Clinton will be the nominee, and Obama could legally become her running mate. Sounds crazy right? Just wait and see what happens! He was and still is just another Globalist puppet, and they aren't finished with him just yet.
Well we waited and it simply didn't happen.

Besides that, the first paragraph is an amazing rant, parents clapping with glee as pedophiles abuse their children, that has to be one the most ridiculous statements posted on this or any other forum

From my observation, the neo-cons have not found a ***** in Biden's nor Harris's armour so they only have three lines of attack.

- Trot out the conspiracy theories like this one, claiming Biden is a puppet without any evidence. Obama is neither a puppet master nor a Muslim.
- Personally vilify the candidates by distorting past elements of their careers
- Create a stack of fake articles, doctored videos, half truths and watch the gullible swallow the gumpf

The problem with all three approaches is they only appeal to rusted on Trumpster's, they wont carry weight with moderates who have undoubtedly decided that 4 more years of Trump incompetence is not tolerable. These people may not be super excited by Biden, but they are decidedly anti Trump.

Decent people from middle America have seen the damage and mismanagement from a president totally out of control, no more, America and the world have had enough of this clown.
Here it is...see it for yourself and tell me this is okay!

https://banned.video/watch?id=5db896ceff3e0500232cb437
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 18, 2020, 8:17 pm

I find a former Bernie Sander's advisor's opinion on the choice between Trump and Biden spot on:

"Nina Turner, a co-chair of the Sanders campaign, told me she has no appetite for the choice she faces: “It’s like saying to somebody, ‘You have a bowl of ---- in front of you, and all you’ve got to do is eat half of it instead of the whole thing.’ It’s still ----.”

If only there was some Ross Perot fiery billionaire to self-finance a write in campaign with commercials showing the candidate pointing at himself and saying, "the choice is clear!!! Me or.. pan to a full bowl of ---- and a half a bowl of ----..."
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 18, 2020, 8:31 pm

^^ Nothing to see here except your homophobia. Quite surprising coming from a former Marine.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 18, 2020, 10:01 pm

semperguy

Credibility zero. show me gleeful parents. Authorities worldwide crack down on sicko's. This from a site that attracts idiots and sells them snake oil...really are you that dumb?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » August 18, 2020, 10:39 pm

The election will tell the tale. People may not like Trump but the silent majority will vote him back in when considering the alternative. Blaming Trump for the virus is just not going to work. No one yet knows the answer to eliminating this disaster. It's all criticism and no answers. Only the people who want everything free will vote for the corrupt senile Biden and company. Logic will prevail. Losing the democratically controlled cities to terrorists will certainly not help the democrats. If they can't control their cities, how will they run the country?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 19, 2020, 3:52 am

The majority of Americans voted for Clinton last time. Trump is going to be swept aside because he hasn't tried to manage the American Covid 19 pandemic. If you listen to him, you can see even the old draft dodger knows that he's toast.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 19, 2020, 4:55 pm

GT93 wrote:
August 19, 2020, 3:52 am
The majority of Americans voted for Clinton last time. Trump is going to be swept aside because he hasn't tried to manage the American Covid 19 pandemic. If you listen to him, you can see even the old draft dodger knows that he's toast.
I can almost hear you rushing out to put your mortgage where your mouth is. What a stupid remark when even professional pollsters cannot get the projections correct.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » August 19, 2020, 7:39 pm

Do you agree with the Portland politicians demanding that the feds leave and leave the federal building at the mercy of the terrorists? do you think it is a good thing if they burn the building down?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 19, 2020, 8:11 pm

glalt wrote:
August 19, 2020, 7:39 pm
Do you agree with the Portland politicians demanding that the feds leave and leave the federal building at the mercy of the terrorists? do you think it is a good thing if they burn the building down?
Pure BS glalt, they are asking for no such thing. They need a smart response to the issue, not a political response from an out of touch idiot in Washington who is not worried about anything other than is own re-election

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 19, 2020, 8:18 pm

AlexO wrote:
August 19, 2020, 4:55 pm
GT93 wrote:
August 19, 2020, 3:52 am
I can almost hear you rushing out to put your mortgage where your mouth is. What a stupid remark when even professional pollsters cannot get the projections correct.
More Americans voted for Clinton that Trump, a simple fact. The gerrymandered borders in the USA electorates are a national disgrace. You want to see some of the geographical gerrymanders, Happy to give you a stack of them. but look for yourself. the collegiate system is undemocratic and a shame for the USA.

Too many good people in America are being disenfranchised. One vote, one value not the BS boundaries that were so politically abused it is a joke.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 20, 2020, 1:03 am

I think the polling is much more sophisticated after the debacle last time. The polling says Biden. I'll take note when it changes.

It seems obvious to me that Trump's failure to manage a half-decent response to his pandemic means he's history. There will be 200,000 dead by election day and if do nothing Trump is re-elected perhaps another million by the end of his next term in office. I'm factoring in deaths jumping significantly higher in winter and the first vaccines not being that effective and not being widely accepted in the US.

Many Americans will foresee very bleak outcomes with Trump back in office. And they will vote Biden.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 20, 2020, 6:40 am

^ Many Americans will foresee very bleak outcomes with Biden in office. And they will vote Trump.

ie. same same 2016... but different

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » August 20, 2020, 7:22 am

Biden will not be able to stop Covid either GT..
Oh he might roll out masks and stuff, but alot of Americans didnt want to wear them.
In fact Biden is just as able to **** things up as Trump. Hes not a peoples man. Not engaging with the electorate.
Indeed, Obama endorsed Hillary over Biden back in 2016 I think..thats how much Obama thought of Biden, who was VP at the time.
Me I think Trump is waiting, and has a dirty ace, or two, up his sleeve, which he will play at the debate stage..I just wish he would let his VP do more of the talking

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 20, 2020, 7:34 am

In my book POTUS has done more damage to the American people than the Civil war did and what gets me is they ( many of the American people) think he is good . Insulting his allies, causing mayhem in trade deals and threatening almost everyone . If that is what Americans like , fighting everybody all of the time ,.l then let them get on with it, Do not buy American , leave them, to be self isolationists which they were until Pearl Harbour . See how they on, No Trade Deals No FRIENDS . All because of one man and his personal agenda which is to run America Corporation the same as his own businesses............. Badly

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 20, 2020, 7:59 am

KP please let us into the secret previous career that provided you with the business experience that enables you to state that a multi billion dollar profitable business is run badly. As for insulting his allies! would you stand quietly by and continue to buy a rich friend drinks while he just refuses to put his hand in his pocket to even buy one for himself. (Does Germany's refusal to pay for its own national defence remind you of something) I honestly do view trying to have more balanced trade deals with your competitors as nothing but good (UK is trying to do the same with the dictatorship) and to start quoting an isolationist policy from some 80 years ago where the USA has been anything but isolationist since is just a wee bit nonsensible (big word for stupid)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 20, 2020, 9:24 am

maaka wrote:
August 20, 2020, 7:22 am
Biden will not be able to stop Covid either GT..
Oh he might roll out masks and stuff, but alot of Americans didnt want to wear them.
In fact Biden is just as able to **** things up as Trump. Hes not a peoples man. Not engaging with the electorate.
Indeed, Obama endorsed Hillary over Biden back in 2016 I think..thats how much Obama thought of Biden, who was VP at the time.
Me I think Trump is waiting, and has a dirty ace, or two, up his sleeve, which he will play at the debate stage..I just wish he would let his VP do more of the talking
Trump-Pence-ventriloquist.jpg

Return to “World News”