Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by vincemunday » August 10, 2020, 2:16 pm

‪Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Monday:‬
🔸3,351 people infected (+0)‬
🔸3,160 discharged from hospital (+9)‬
🔸133 in hospital ‬
🔸58 dead (+0)‬

👍 No local cases for 77 days‬
Attachments
FB_IMG_1597043629558.jpg

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » August 10, 2020, 4:44 pm

Amusing and informative Twitter thread by Virologist Peter Kolchinsky:

https://twitter.com/PeterKolchinsky/sta ... 1746908161
Kolchinsky thread image.jpg

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 11, 2020, 3:23 pm

‪Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Tuesday:‬
🔸3,351 people infected (+0)‬
🔸3,163 discharged from hospital (+3)‬
🔸130 in hospital ‬
🔸58 dead (+0)‬

👍 No local cases for 78 days‬
Attachments
FB_IMG_1597134151847.jpg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 11, 2020, 6:38 pm

New Zealand records first new local Covid-19 cases in 102 days

Auckland back in lockdown as PM Jacinda Ardern confirms four people from one family have tested positive

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... n-102-days

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 12, 2020, 4:15 pm

‪Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Wednesday:‬
🔸3,356 people infected (+5)‬
🔸3,169 discharged from hospital (+6)‬
🔸129 in hospital ‬
🔸58 dead (+0)‬

‪The 5 new cases are 1 foreigner & 4 Thais in state quarantine who returned from US (1), India (1) and Egypt (3)‬
Attachments
FB_IMG_1597223328683.jpg

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 12, 2020, 5:14 pm

Interesting see death rate from those infected is around 1.7% in Thailand. Worldwide it is about 3.7 % which hopefully has now put to rest the 'just another flu' theories. Whatever other issues may exist, I have to congratulate the Thai government for dealing with this pandemic.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 12, 2020, 9:04 pm

^ Indeed it's been steadily dropping since end of May. Even the excess deaths are back in line with seasonal norms.
THxsdeaths.jpg
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-53073046

A few things I consider were effective in preventing a greater breakout beyond the Lumpini boxing stadium and the associated clusters. One was identifying that source quickly and tracking down those at risk. Even the dumb Bangkok cop who got sick and came home to NBLP was quite quickly traced along with the people that rode the same bus and his cockfighting buddies. The mobilization of local health authorities and tessabans to identify locals returning to their moobahns from Bangkok and enforcing their home quarantine was impressive. The curfews, alcohol bans and the cancellation of Songkran were pretty significant as well. The mandatory 14-day quarantine for everyone returning is keeping it bottled up for now.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 13, 2020, 6:38 am

Agree with all of the above, the government have done a great job so far. Yesterday however we were in Central Plaza and it was extremely obvious that the general public think it’s all over. Very few were signing the book or scanning the QR code, very few were using the hand gel at the entrance or in the shops and more worrying there was absolutely no social distancing, about 40% either wore no mask at all or had it pulled under their chin and there wasn’t anyone telling them to use masks properly. So, I fear if it does come back, which it inevitably will, it’s going to spread like wildfire.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 13, 2020, 7:50 am

^ My comment on another thread about Covid not spreading while the lass doing the temperature testing at the entrance to Big C was in the bathroom wasn't made up. If and when they have anyone manning the desks, they are either playing on their phones or transcribing phone numbers.

Stopped at the mushroom market out towards NBLP with the tribe yesterday. Maybe 50/50 on the masks there. Maybe loads of fresh fruit n veggies a day keeps the Covid away?

However, I reckon that as soon as a positively ID'd local cluster is identified, the locals will swiftly follow the new guidelines.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 13, 2020, 8:24 am

The dumb cop was from Kut Chap. The un-comfirmable NBLP hospital death was cremated without every being tested for COVID, as no tests were available at the time in that district, it was the Dr's opinion.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 13, 2020, 8:56 am

Whistler wrote:
August 13, 2020, 8:24 am
The dumb cop was from Kut Chap. The un-comfirmable NBLP hospital death was cremated without every being tested for COVID, as no tests were available at the time in that district, it was the Dr's opinion.
Oops sorry, indeed it was Kut Chap.

Just another excess death in NBLP.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 13, 2020, 9:44 am

By not confirming cause of death, someone did not do what should have been done
and they are just luck it was only an opinion

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » August 13, 2020, 10:20 am

Whistler wrote:
August 12, 2020, 5:14 pm
Interesting see death rate from those infected is around 1.7% in Thailand. Worldwide it is about 3.7 % which hopefully has now put to rest the 'just another flu' theories. Whatever other issues may exist, I have to congratulate the Thai government for dealing with this pandemic.
Be interesting to know what good job the thai government has done as they did nothing where i live . No shops or food places shut . Funerals with people congregating at the deceased house in their hundreds with no masks worn anywhere .No social distancing . No testing sick or dead people . No self quarantine with my daughter and friend coming back to my village from bkk after 2 factories they worked in having pos virus cases also had it in the apartment block they rented.
Schools fully open with plastic and spacing between desks but at break and lunch they all go out and play together.
The guy opposite me was sick and died but no autopsy . do not know why he died.
An english guy who lives near me died a week ago if anybody knows him . his name was Neil from north of england . was sick for a long time but only diagnosed cancer a few weeks before he died, the hospitals missed it . He died on a a monday at 10 am and was burned on tuesday at 8 am so no autopsy . Multiply this all over thailand and these figures of covid cases posted on here everyday are meaningless

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 13, 2020, 12:33 pm

noosard wrote:
August 13, 2020, 9:44 am
There is no doubt that many thousands of deaths worldwide were not reported as COVID deaths in the early stages of the pandemic. The virus descended on health and reporting systems that were not prepared, the huge spike in deaths in almost every country that experienced a rapid onset can only be explained by deaths that were not identified as COVID victims.

In the NBLP case. the doctor saw all of the symptoms, but had no way of testing for COVID.

looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck....I think it is in all probability a duck.

Entirely understandable

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 13, 2020, 12:55 pm

More sad news from NZ

BBC News - New Zealand coronavirus: 14 new Covid-19 cases reported
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-53761122

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 13, 2020, 1:15 pm

Whistler wrote:
August 13, 2020, 12:33 pm
noosard wrote:
There is no doubt that many thousands of deaths worldwide were not reported as COVID deaths in the early stages of the pandemic. The virus descended on health and reporting systems that were not prepared, the huge spike in deaths in almost every country that experienced a rapid onset can only be explained by deaths that were not identified as COVID victims.

In the NBLP case. the doctor saw all of the symptoms, but had no way of testing for COVID.

looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck....I think it is in all probability a duck.

Entirely understandable
There are absolutely no mysteries about what the new category of 'excess deaths' mean.

Considering that there was no NBLP community lockdown, track and trace effort, quarantine or hospital closure for deep-cleaning after that singular event and no other Covid-19 cases arose, maybe it wasn't a duck after all?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 13, 2020, 1:25 pm

Yes more likely a goose
Got to find it strange a one off infection

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 13, 2020, 1:56 pm

tamada wrote:
August 13, 2020, 1:15 pm
Whistler wrote:
August 13, 2020, 12:33 pm
noosard wrote:

Entirely understandable
There are absolutely no mysteries about what the new category of 'excess deaths' mean.

Considering that there was no NBLP community lockdown, track and trace effort, quarantine or hospital closure for deep-cleaning after that singular event and no other Covid-19 cases arose, maybe it wasn't a duck after all?
Your source for this? Because that is not the case at all.

1. The infection ward absolutely was was isolated.
2. No track and trace processes had been implemented at that time, so a big 'so what'.
3. Community locked down? There have been no community lockdowns that I know off even now in Thailand, not even when the cop in Kut Chap was diagnosed.
4. The Cop in Kut Chap went into Udon Public hospital, that hospital was not closed. Do you know a single hospital in Thailand that has been closed? If so, certainly not in the early stages of COVID reaching Thailand.

Out of this episode, you claim to to know more about what happened at that hospital than one of the resident doctors. What made you an expert on this incident to such an extent that you knew more than the hospital staff?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 13, 2020, 3:10 pm

^ today's NBLP Covid-19 nothingburger brought to you by...

(again)

PS: You should have stopped at "so what"

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 13, 2020, 3:28 pm

tamada wrote:
August 13, 2020, 3:10 pm
^ today's NBLP Covid-19 nothingburger brought to you by...

(again)

PS: You should have stopped at "so what"
Once again Tamada cannot answer the simplest of questions, so let me do it for him

Tamada knows zip, nada, nothing about the incident. But that did not stop him from expressing his 100% opinion to show everybody what a clever person he was. Now he is caught out, he wont admit that, so attempts to denigrate his entire big mouthed comments as a 'nothingburge'.

Too quick to criticize, to slow to admit he blabed off based on nothing but an over inflated opinion of himself.

Once again Tamada, what makes you know more about this patient than the treating doctor?

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”