Gordon from Fuzzy Ken's

Pay tribute to loved ones and friends here...
dezzer111
udonmap.com

Gordon Fuzzy Kens

Post by dezzer111 » June 27, 2020, 3:45 pm

Gordon Long time patron of fuzzies, aka Mr hat passed away yesterday, so I'm told today. R I P Gordon.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

Fuzzy Ken
udonmap.com

Re: Gordon from Fuzzy Ken's

Post by Fuzzy Ken » June 28, 2020, 12:03 am

Very sad news indeed, he was a customer of our for more years than I can remember. I would much appreciate hearing from anyone out there that has any details.
RIP Mr. Hat

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » June 30, 2020, 7:10 am

I am currently trying to get the latest information re Gordon
He was a great guy.
Yesterday I went to view again his 'obelisk', a project that kept Gordon and his co workers occupied for many months
Rest in Peace Gordon

Fuzzy Ken
udonmap.com

Post by Fuzzy Ken » June 30, 2020, 6:43 pm

joudon wrote:
June 30, 2020, 7:10 am
I am currently trying to get the latest information re Gordon
He was a great guy.
Yesterday I went to view again his 'obelisk', a project that kept Gordon and his co workers occupied for many months
Rest in Peace Gordon
I understand that his Thai girlfriend has been in touch with the British Embassy and local police and will await the date for the burning of his body.
I shall miss him
RIP Gordon

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » June 30, 2020, 8:44 pm

Yep RIP mate many a good chin wag with him, he lived in the next village to me always met up each Friday in Fuzzy Kens with the rest of the Friday crew. Once again RI P Gordon.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » July 1, 2020, 6:54 am

RIP Gordon , drank with him many , many times , he came with me on " visa runs " over the border a couple of times as well , will be sadly missed .

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » August 8, 2020, 5:50 pm

Just to let everyone concerned know I just got back from Gordon's Funeral today.
Did not find out about it until this morning and it took a long time to find the location so could not post any details.

Basically it was a Paupers funeral as his brother and son thought it was a scam to get money from them when informed about his death by a good friend of his.

They refused to send money directly to his wife/girlfriend.

Gordon did not keep much in the way of funds in a Thailand bank which I personally know.
So his wife/girlfriend soon ran out of money paying the hospital fees etc.

His Brother paid the British Embassy a fee and they in turn appointed a Rescue foundation to supervise the Funeral.
He had been kept frozen for 6 weeks and was still partially frozen when we placed the flowers on him in the casket

It really was not a dignified way to be sent off but I assume Gordon was not worried about it knowing him like I remember him.

Finally RIP Gordon.

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » August 8, 2020, 6:32 pm

Absolutely disgusting, Gordon didn't deserve that, don't know what the family where thinking anyway R I P Gordon

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 8, 2020, 6:56 pm

How terribly sad, even if he wouldn't care it's awful to hear that one of ours has gone like that and well done you Pal52 for making the effort. Surely we as a community could have done something even if it was chip in a few bob for some food and drink, I would definitely have donated towards it, I didn't know the gentleman but R.I.P. Gordon.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » August 8, 2020, 7:02 pm

pal52 wrote:
August 8, 2020, 5:50 pm
Just to let everyone concerned know I just got back from Gordon's Funeral today.
Did not find out about it until this morning and it took a long time to find the location so could not post any details.

Basically it was a Paupers funeral as his brother and son thought it was a scam to get money from them when informed about his death by a good friend of his.

They refused to send money directly to his wife/girlfriend.

Gordon did not keep much in the way of funds in a Thailand bank which I personally know.
So his wife/girlfriend soon ran out of money paying the hospital fees etc.

His Brother paid the British Embassy a fee and they in turn appointed a Rescue foundation to supervise the Funeral.
He had been kept frozen for 6 weeks and was still partially frozen when we placed the flowers on him in the casket

It really was not a dignified way to be sent off but I assume Gordon was not worried about it knowing him like I remember him.

Finally RIP Gordon.
A credit to you Pal for your efforts.

Fuzzy Ken
udonmap.com

Post by Fuzzy Ken » August 8, 2020, 8:11 pm

I'm quite angry about all this after knowing Gordon for many years as a customer at my restaurant. I only became aware of his death through dezzer111 posting on Udon Map. Following his death I asked my Lek a good many times, what was happening but nothing useful came to light apart from the BE were dealing with it. Having heard nothing I had assumed by now that his body would have been burnt in the traditional way.

It would have kind if his other half had kept us in the loop. His step-son used to deliver Gordon to us and later in the day collect him in the car, which I understood to have been paid for by Gordon. So his wife and son knew where to find us but failed to keep in touch. How very sad and certainly not the first time this sort of thing has happened.

Following his motorbike accident and a stroke, he managed to find some inner strength to keep going and I admired him for that. Hi legacy is the obelisk which next time I'm back in Udon I will go to see. Perhaps a plate with his name could be affixed but that would, in part, be up to Steven and Dim in whose garden it stands.

Gone but not forgotten, at least by the expat community.
Mr Hat, a gentleman, may you rest in peace
Fuzzyken

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 8, 2020, 9:38 pm

Very, very sad

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » August 9, 2020, 2:38 am

Fuzzyken wrote:
August 8, 2020, 8:11 pm
I'm quite angry about all this after knowing Gordon for many years as a customer at my restaurant. I only became aware of his death through dezzer111 posting on Udon Map. Following his death I asked my Lek a good many times, what was happening but nothing useful came to light apart from the BE were dealing with it. Having heard nothing I had assumed by now that his body would have been burnt in the traditional way.

It would have kind if his other half had kept us in the loop. His step-son used to deliver Gordon to us and later in the day collect him in the car, which I understood to have been paid for by Gordon. So his wife and son knew where to find us but failed to keep in touch. How very sad and certainly not the first time this sort of thing has happened.

Following his motorbike accident and a stroke, he managed to find some inner strength to keep going and I admired him for that. Hi legacy is the obelisk which next time I'm back in Udon I will go to see. Perhaps a plate with his name could be affixed but that would, in part, be up to Steven and Dim in whose garden it stands.

Gone but not forgotten, at least by the expat community.
Mr Hat, a gentleman, may you rest in peace
Fuzzyken
Yep Ken sad state of affairs R I P Mr Hat

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » August 9, 2020, 9:30 am

it is sad . in amongst the bickering, sniping, general dislike we share for each other, it's easy to forget there are medical emergencies, major life events, often " good mates" few as they may be, are the only ones to standup on your behalf

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 9, 2020, 5:01 pm

mech_401 wrote:
August 9, 2020, 9:30 am
it is sad . in amongst the bickering, sniping, general dislike we share for each other, it's easy to forget there are medical emergencies, major life events, often " good mates" few as they may be, are the only ones to standup on your behalf
n
What a strange statement ? ,' bikkering,sniping dislike we share with each other' . a lot of those you think have a dislike of each other meet up at mine on a very regular basis. They're grown up chaps that like discussion. None of them seem to have issues . no bickering , no issues. So what planet are you from ?. 3-4 of them turned up for lunch , its not some kind of contest .i'm right and your wrong . that simply does not exist. Oh forgot is does in your mind.
But anyway I only met Gordon a couple of times. God bless him .sweet dreams as my old man would say .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 9, 2020, 5:23 pm

Agree PF, there are some we may not like but illness and death joins us all together in bidding farewell. I am sure I mewt Gordson on numerous occasions including at the Pillar building site. RIP Gordon another local missed as we do seem to have co-ordinated place to record deaths of our expats with photos as many we meet but faces we remember but names not so much

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 9, 2020, 7:31 pm

papafarang wrote:
August 9, 2020, 5:01 pm
mech_401 wrote:
August 9, 2020, 9:30 am
n
What a strange statement ? ,' bikkering,sniping dislike we share with each other' . a lot of those you think have a dislike of each other meet up at mine on a very regular basis. They're grown up chaps that like discussion. None of them seem to have issues . no bickering , no issues. So what planet are you from ?. 3-4 of them turned up for lunch , its not some kind of contest .i'm right and your wrong . that simply does not exist. Oh forgot is does in your mind.
But anyway I only met Gordon a couple of times. God bless him .sweet dreams as my old man would say .

The less intellectual among us don't understand debate/banter and let's face it mech fits the bill perfectly.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » August 9, 2020, 8:28 pm

RIP to Gordon. Must have met him at Fuzzy’s before over the years just pretty crap at remembering names.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » August 9, 2020, 11:00 pm

papafarang wrote:
August 9, 2020, 5:01 pm

But anyway I only met Gordon a couple of times. God bless him .sweet dreams as my old man would say.
it's a shame you didn't try and grasp what i actually wrote.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 10, 2020, 5:29 pm

Wonder if it would be possible to create a Udonmap wall of remembrance ?

Just a simple thread with ex members name and a single photo..

I really have lost count the number of people who have passed on where its not till the 8th or 9th post that someone says something that makes me realise who is being talked about ........ most of the time I only know someone by a first name or nickname.

If it were possible to have a dedicated remembrance thread it would allow for their memory to continue long after their posts have run their course

Return to “Obituaries”