inexpensive but decent size and quality sofa set

Post Reply
User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 6327
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

inexpensive but decent size and quality sofa set

Post by tamada » July 30, 2020, 1:18 pm

With the reupholstering of the old one facing challenges, my squatters have suggested 'sue-mai' and look towards where their token resident farang money tree used to stand.

So, decent size, preferably L-shaped, not fancy but not garish patent leather either. Although I will probably never sit on it, I don't want it hurting my eyes or my wallet.

If anyone knows a half-decent purveyor of half-decent lounge furniture, please advise.

Ta
tam



dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1193
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: inexpensive but decent size and quality sofa set

Post by dunroaming » July 30, 2020, 1:56 pm

Try the shop round the corner from the old global house, cheaper than index or homepro

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 3309
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: inexpensive but decent size and quality sofa set

Post by Barney » July 30, 2020, 2:07 pm

There’s a large 2 level furniture shop not far up the Nong Khai road. Opposite side to do home.
Was searching for other types of furniture, not lounge suites, so don’t know prices but they had a large display on 2 floors of everything furniture, house, bar and garden. Seemed to have different standards price wise. Good shop to compare.
If the boss is around he speaks English.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 6327
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: inexpensive but decent size and quality sofa set

Post by tamada » July 30, 2020, 2:35 pm

dunroaming wrote:
July 30, 2020, 1:56 pm
Try the shop round the corner from the old global house, cheaper than index or homepro
We checked that one out some time last year looking for kids bedding and Mrs tam reckoned it was a bit paeng but then again, we weren't looking for a sofa back then. Good reminder, thanks.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 6327
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: inexpensive but decent size and quality sofa set

Post by tamada » July 30, 2020, 2:36 pm

Barney wrote:
July 30, 2020, 2:07 pm
There’s a large 2 level furniture shop not far up the Nong Khai road. Opposite side to do home.
Was searching for other types of furniture, not lounge suites, so don’t know prices but they had a large display on 2 floors of everything furniture, house, bar and garden. Seemed to have different standards price wise. Good shop to compare.
If the boss is around he speaks English.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's Major Furniture Mall, I just found their FB page; looks like an impressive range. Maybe I will swing by and take a look after I collect tam jr. from Suksa ths arvo.

Ta
tam

User avatar
Niggly
udonmap.com
Posts: 275
Joined: December 5, 2018, 5:51 pm
Location: ‘www.overthere.com’

Re: inexpensive but decent size and quality sofa set

Post by Niggly » July 30, 2020, 4:39 pm

tamada wrote:
July 30, 2020, 2:35 pm
dunroaming wrote:
July 30, 2020, 1:56 pm
Try the shop round the corner from the old global house, cheaper than index or homepro
We checked that one out some time last year looking for kids bedding and Mrs tam reckoned it was a bit paeng but then again, we weren't looking for a sofa back then. Good reminder, thanks.
I got reasonably inexpensive matching left hand & right hand sofas from here a couple of months back. Really just wanted something cheap to sit on as we’re still furnishing the house & get something more permanent a bit later but they’ve turned out quite nice so we’re keeping them for the time being

User avatar
mech_401
udonmap.com
Posts: 742
Joined: August 13, 2018, 3:59 am

Re: inexpensive but decent size and quality sofa set

Post by mech_401 » July 30, 2020, 8:48 pm

there's some super cheap place called choketawee furniture โชคทวี เอฟร์นิเจอร์
supposedly near ban lueam 4 way

User avatar
Hoopoe
udonmap.com
Posts: 688
Joined: January 31, 2015, 5:15 pm

Re: inexpensive but decent size and quality sofa set

Post by Hoopoe » July 31, 2020, 7:09 am

dunroaming wrote:
July 30, 2020, 1:56 pm
Try the shop round the corner from the old global house, cheaper than index or homepro
I bought a three piece set from there , ,three seater sofa and two big singles , way back 2006 , vinyl 25,000 bht the equal leather was 52,000 bht ,i struggled to tell the difference ,the two singles are just as good , the sofa is cracked here and there , just had a quote for the best vinyl re-cover 8,000 bht ,if that's any help ,

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 6327
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: inexpensive but decent size and quality sofa set

Post by tamada » July 31, 2020, 10:07 am

Hoopoe wrote:
July 31, 2020, 7:09 am
dunroaming wrote:
July 30, 2020, 1:56 pm
Try the shop round the corner from the old global house, cheaper than index or homepro
I bought a three piece set from there , ,three seater sofa and two big singles , way back 2006 , vinyl 25,000 bht the equal leather was 52,000 bht ,i struggled to tell the difference ,the two singles are just as good , the sofa is cracked here and there , just had a quote for the best vinyl re-cover 8,000 bht ,if that's any help ,
We're looking between 10k to 15k tops. Not going to spend more on a bunch of squatters that don't look after stuff. It doesn't need to be as large as the original one.

Where did you get that recovering quote?

Ta
tam

User avatar
mech_401
udonmap.com
Posts: 742
Joined: August 13, 2018, 3:59 am

Re: inexpensive but decent size and quality sofa set

Post by mech_401 » July 31, 2020, 10:30 am

choketawee 3,500฿ sofa & 2 chairs

please , no more family drama , can deliver

User avatar
Hoopoe
udonmap.com
Posts: 688
Joined: January 31, 2015, 5:15 pm

Re: inexpensive but decent size and quality sofa set

Post by Hoopoe » August 1, 2020, 8:04 am

tamada wrote:
July 31, 2020, 10:07 am


Where did you get that recovering quote?

Ta
tam
PM sent ,

User avatar
kopkei
udonmap.com
Posts: 1642
Joined: August 27, 2010, 6:55 am

Re: inexpensive but decent size and quality sofa set

Post by kopkei » August 3, 2020, 6:47 am

Where did you get that recovering quote?
PM sent
i have never understood this , i always thought fora are there to help each other out ,so why not post the answer here instead of pm so others can use this info too,thanks...

User avatar
Hoopoe
udonmap.com
Posts: 688
Joined: January 31, 2015, 5:15 pm

Re: inexpensive but decent size and quality sofa set

Post by Hoopoe » August 4, 2020, 6:26 am

kopkei wrote:
August 3, 2020, 6:47 am
Where did you get that recovering quote?
PM sent
i have never understood this , i always thought fora are there to help each other out ,so why not post the answer here instead of pm so others can use this info too,thanks...
There is an obvious reason for PM , there are those so called members who do nothing but snipe at any post .i've had my fair share on here , i'm always willing to help , so my solution is , if someone is asking ,then more often than not ,it's a genuine request, solution is send a PM, there's to many self proclaimed Experts in the narcistic belief that only their opinion matters , in the past when Experts are mouthing it off ,i've explained exactly why on the topic they are ill informed ,only then to be ridiculed and for others to jump in ,who when i have proven the fact ,they all go quiet ,I have gotten tired of this childishness , so now you have your answer ,

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 6327
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: inexpensive but decent size and quality sofa set

Post by tamada » August 4, 2020, 6:32 am

Hoopoe wrote:
August 4, 2020, 6:26 am
kopkei wrote:
August 3, 2020, 6:47 am
Where did you get that recovering quote?
PM sent
i have never understood this , i always thought fora are there to help each other out ,so why not post the answer here instead of pm so others can use this info too,thanks...
There is an obvious reason for PM , there are those so called members who do nothing but snipe at any post .i've had my fair share on here , i'm always willing to help , so my solution is , if someone is asking ,then more often than not ,it's a genuine request, solution is send a PM, there's to many self proclaimed Experts in the narcistic belief that only their opinion matters , in the past when Experts are mouthing it off ,i've explained exactly why on the topic they are ill informed ,only then to be ridiculed and for others to jump in ,who when i have proven the fact ,they all go quiet ,I have gotten tired of this childishness , so now you have your answer ,
Point well made and PM well received Hoopoe.

Ta
tam

User avatar
kopkei
udonmap.com
Posts: 1642
Joined: August 27, 2010, 6:55 am

Re: inexpensive but decent size and quality sofa set

Post by kopkei » August 4, 2020, 5:03 pm

there are those so called members who do nothing but snipe at any post...enc...
to bad you are affected by those small minded people , you just should do as i do, ignore them ,do not let them be the reason of making the forum lose quality and info... i will never resort to pm (unless for some privacy reason,or answering a received pm) as i find it impersonal ..., i have long time stopped worrying about what others think of me ,i don't give a damn ...we are all different ..;)

pal52
udonmap.com
Posts: 968
Joined: September 18, 2013, 10:54 am

Re: inexpensive but decent size and quality sofa set

Post by pal52 » August 4, 2020, 5:44 pm

kopkei wrote:
August 4, 2020, 5:03 pm
there are those so called members who do nothing but snipe at any post...enc...
to bad you are affected by those small minded people , you just should do as i do, ignore them ,do not let them be the reason of making the forum lose quality and info... i will never resort to pm (unless for some privacy reason,or answering a received pm) as i find it impersonal ..., i have long time stopped worrying about what others think of me ,i don't give a damn ...we are all different ..;)
Well said Kopkei.
I really can not imagine that a post advising members where to get a sofa re-upholstered would attract bad comments.
The whole idea of the forum is for discussion of topics and to give information to other members.
Using a PM is for personal information not where to get a sofa recovered which would be useful to other members.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 6327
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: inexpensive but decent size and quality sofa set

Post by tamada » August 4, 2020, 9:51 pm

Good grief! How many old and dilapidated sofa's can Udon possibly have?

Sorry... off topic.

Post Reply

Return to “I'm Looking For....”