Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by GT93 » July 27, 2020, 1:21 pm

Loved the description tamada. Generally on the mark. :lol:

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 27, 2020, 2:30 pm

noosard wrote:
July 27, 2020, 10:31 am
Khun Paul wrote:
July 27, 2020, 8:55 am

They are testing at Udon, but they recognise Covid symptoms better than you I expect.
How do they diagnoise asymptomatic patients ?
I believe a bit difficult may use fortune teller
Asymptomatic means they don't have symptoms so they wouldn't be going to the ER feeling sick and thus don't get/need testing.

Pay attention at the back! There'll be a quiz in the morning!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 27, 2020, 2:36 pm

dragonz wrote:
July 26, 2020, 9:15 am
Stupidity and or indifference
ast sunday (19jul) i was sick . By monday i was really sick with vomiting ,high temperature , diaherrea ,severe muscle cramps , on tues phoned udon hospital to see if i could see a doctor without all the waiting as i was to sick to sit there for hours . Answer no , so first stupidity i was to sick to go to hospital.By friday i was a lot better but still sick and my wife forced me to go to hospital .I basically wanted a covid test in case i had it and did not want to pass it around.
Got sent to floor 5 , i was very sweaty and a nurse told me to take a blood pressure test in the machine used by all . I explained i may have covid , shrugged and went back to her phone so i did the test.stupidity and indiference . After 3 hours was told i was in wrong place and sent to a place outside the hospital about 100 metres away . 3 rooms for testing covid . Saw a Dr in a partioned room who told me i had food poisoning and not covid or dengue fever which i actually thought i had .I told him bs you cannot diagnose what is wrong with me just by talking need at least a blood test or urine test . He just smiled walked away . Got some free tablets off the nurse there but had to go and pay for the doctor only 175 baht.
On my way back passed to rooms i saw the young girl who looked very sick and she had the same tablets as me in a zippy bag . I looked through the window and saw dozens of these bags all with the same medicine . Electrolyte powder , ani flatulent tablets , nausea tablets and tablet for the stomach also saw a few more patients with these bags .
Saw the doctor and said to him you are not testing anyone , you are just sending them home with medicine and if they have covid the could die or pass it on . he glared at me and walked away. Indifference , he did not care.
Conclusion , they are not testing anyone at udon hospital who have covid symptoms as they probably do not want any new cases in udon but if this is the same all over thailand then the cases will be massively higher than reported
No cough, no Covid.

None of your symptoms indicate Covid or Dengue.

Blood pressure is an essential vital sign check along with taking body temperature that a health professional uses to initially discount a whole plethora of illnesses regardless if the sick stress monkey thinks otherwise.

This is the season for tummy flu, colds and screaming shitz. Even our yai was on the drip for the same thing earlier last week. That's why the pharmacy has pre-packaged pills for the seasonal up tick in cases.

Agree that no Covid testing = no cases.

Did I miss anything?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 27, 2020, 2:47 pm

tamada wrote:
July 27, 2020, 2:30 pm
noosard wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

They are testing at Udon, but they recognise Covid symptoms better than you I expect.
Asymptomatic means they don't have symptoms so they wouldn't be going to the ER feeling sick and thus don't get/need testing.

Front row teachers pet not read where the question came from
Lad was sick and at the hospital he asked for a test quack said not need here is some pills FO
Next student said quack can tell if you have so need for testing
Third student at the back said how if asymptomatic

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 27, 2020, 2:51 pm

noosard wrote:
July 27, 2020, 2:47 pm
tamada wrote:
July 27, 2020, 2:30 pm
noosard wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

Front row teachers pet not read where the question came from
Lad was sick and at the hospital he asked for a test quack said not need here is some pills FO
Next student said quack can tell if you have so need for testing
Third student at the back said how if asymptomatic
A voice near the back asks, "cough or no cough?"

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 27, 2020, 3:39 pm

‪Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Monday:‬
🔸3,295 people infected (+4)‬
🔸3,111 discharged from hospital (+2)‬
🔸126 in hospital ‬
🔸58 dead (+0)‬

‪The 4 new cases are Thais in state quarantine who returned from US (3) and Taiwan (1). ‬
Attachments
FB_IMG_1595839107852.jpg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 27, 2020, 5:20 pm

Last week spent 3 nights in Bangkok Udon ( to improve my golf swing according to a friend of mines) Pretty much what you would expect from a professional medical facility, clean, hygienic, only trouble was no young nurses running about sans uniform. Pretty happy with the overall care performance, just hope the cost is justified by the swing improvement. Not a sausage in sight on the menu.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 28, 2020, 6:15 am

HANOI: Vietnam is evacuating 80,000 people, mostly local tourists, from the central tourism hotspot of Danang after three residents tested positive for the coronavirus at the weekend, the government said on Monday (Jul 27).

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... e-12966002

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 28, 2020, 9:17 am

I'm happy that Thailand seems to have beaten the virus. The question is at what expense? People are going hungry, suicides and crime are up. There are far more deaths caused by financial problems than the virus has caused. Traffic fatalities seem to be increasing although I have no idea why that is. It's difficult to complain because there appears to be no answers from the so called experts or the government. Everyone complains but there really are no answers. Will there be an effective vaccine or treatment? That too has no answer. As with all problems, this too will pass, but when? Could it be that the virus should have been allowed to just run its course and allow many of the weak to die from it? VERY difficult to answer.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 28, 2020, 10:07 am

Maybe we need snipers.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » July 28, 2020, 10:53 am

tamada wrote:
July 27, 2020, 2:36 pm
dragonz wrote:
July 26, 2020, 9:15 am
Stupidity and or indifference
ast sunday (19jul) i was sick . By monday i was really sick with vomiting ,high temperature , diaherrea ,severe muscle cramps , on tues phoned udon hospital to see if i could see a doctor without all the waiting as i was to sick to sit there for hours . Answer no , so first stupidity i was to sick to go to hospital.By friday i was a lot better but still sick and my wife forced me to go to hospital .I basically wanted a covid test in case i had it and did not want to pass it around.
Got sent to floor 5 , i was very sweaty and a nurse told me to take a blood pressure test in the machine used by all . I explained i may have covid , shrugged and went back to her phone so i did the test.stupidity and indiference . After 3 hours was told i was in wrong place and sent to a place outside the hospital about 100 metres away . 3 rooms for testing covid . Saw a Dr in a partioned room who told me i had food poisoning and not covid or dengue fever which i actually thought i had .I told him bs you cannot diagnose what is wrong with me just by talking need at least a blood test or urine test . He just smiled walked away . Got some free tablets off the nurse there but had to go and pay for the doctor only 175 baht.
On my way back passed to rooms i saw the young girl who looked very sick and she had the same tablets as me in a zippy bag . I looked through the window and saw dozens of these bags all with the same medicine . Electrolyte powder , ani flatulent tablets , nausea tablets and tablet for the stomach also saw a few more patients with these bags .
Saw the doctor and said to him you are not testing anyone , you are just sending them home with medicine and if they have covid the could die or pass it on . he glared at me and walked away. Indifference , he did not care.
Conclusion , they are not testing anyone at udon hospital who have covid symptoms as they probably do not want any new cases in udon but if this is the same all over thailand then the cases will be massively higher than reported
No cough, no Covid.

None of your symptoms indicate Covid or Dengue.

Blood pressure is an essential vital sign check along with taking body temperature that a health professional uses to initially discount a whole plethora of illnesses regardless if the sick stress monkey thinks otherwise.

This is the season for tummy flu, colds and screaming shitz. Even our yai was on the drip for the same thing earlier last week. That's why the pharmacy has pre-packaged pills for the seasonal up tick in cases.

Agree that no Covid testing = no cases.

Did I miss anything?
I was not complaining about the blood pressure just using the same one as a few hundred other people which was not cleaned between use . i did wash my arm with the cleanser before and after use .
Did not write all my symptoms so i will now just for you
started with a headache , then muscle cramps , then high temperature with diaherrea and wretching with nothing coming up which strained my stomach . then a persistent cough which hurt every time i coughed . Coughed all the time which stopped me sleeping . Every 5 minutes on the toilet which left me out of breath just walking 10 metres Ate nothing for 6 days . These symptoms were to severe for a flu or cold and at the very least needed a blood test at the hospital
Most common symptoms for covid:
fever
dry cough
tiredness
Less common symptoms:
aches and pains
sore throat
diarrhoea
conjunctivitis
headache
loss of taste or smell
a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
The fact is not all people get all the symptoms and i had 6 of them and there were about 15 other people at the test place and all of them had fevers and most were coughing and none was tested . That was disgraceful and was obviously set up not to find any covid cases even if it meant sending people home to infect others .
do not believe that thailand wih all the chinese here have only had 58 deaths while uk with same population has had 46,000 deaths

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » July 28, 2020, 10:58 am

Dengue fever causes a high fever — 104 F degrees — and at least two of the following symptoms:
Headache.
Muscle, bone and joint pain.
Nausea.
Vomiting.
Pain behind the eyes.
Swollen glands.
Rash.
You cannot tell what is wrong with a patient just by symptoms . they just give an indication what to test for. i had 6 of the covid symptoms and all of these for dengue fever except for the rash . The doctors job is to diagnose what is wrong with a patient and you cannot do that by just blood pressure teat and talking

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 28, 2020, 11:20 am

glalt wrote:
July 28, 2020, 9:17 am
I'm happy that Thailand seems to have beaten the virus. The question is at what expense? People are going hungry, suicides and crime are up. There are far more deaths caused by financial problems than the virus has caused. Traffic fatalities seem to be increasing although I have no idea why that is. It's difficult to complain because there appears to be no answers from the so called experts or the government. Everyone complains but there really are no answers. Will there be an effective vaccine or treatment? That too has no answer. As with all problems, this too will pass, but when? Could it be that the virus should have been allowed to just run its course and allow many of the weak to die from it? VERY difficult to answer.
The likely answer to the suggestion of letting it run is the death toll of the Spanish flu, at least 100 times greater than the current numbers, and that is not taking into account the long term effects on some/many people who have been infected. The after effects are coming to light some are rather serious but there has not been time for data to be collected and analysis of it.

There are some reasonably effective treatments for a percentage of the serious cases. As to an effective vaccine, it depends on your definition of effective, there are vaccines in trials now, which is incredibly fast as 5 to 10 years is the usual time. The first vaccines available are statistically likely to have bad side effects for some people.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 28, 2020, 11:45 am

Years ago I worked for a company who made it mandatory for all management people to have flu shots. I then caught a bad case of the flu. The doctor told me that the shot only protected me from the worst strain and that I had a different strain of the flu. With todays technology, hopefully that sort of a vaccine will be better tested. It's a scary thing that the cure could be worse than the disease.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » July 28, 2020, 11:46 am

glalt wrote:
July 28, 2020, 9:17 am
How do you know thailand have beaten the virus ?. On further looking i find there are no testing in udon thani or anywhere outside on bkk . There is no free testing anywhere in thailand even for sick people with most tests between 5000 and 1000 baht. Surprised nobody on this forum has this info . if there is no testing does not mean there is no virus . a neighbour died this week 47 yrs old . my wife said he just got sick and died . no autopsy , nobody knows why he died and i assume that is all over thailand . Its is a complete shame 58 deaths . not a chance , this link is to pricing for the tests
https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/cri ... s-testing/

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 28, 2020, 12:39 pm

‪Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Tuesday:‬
🔸3,297 people infected (+2)‬
🔸3,1111 discharged from hospital (+0)‬
🔸128 still in hospital ‬
🔸58 dead (+0)‬

‪The 2 new cases are Thais in state quarantine who returned from the US. ‬
Attachments
FB_IMG_1595914760413.jpg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 28, 2020, 4:41 pm

Any vaccine will only be partially effective ,plus it will speed up covids evolution ,it will mutate faster . the 1918 flu attacked the young and fit. Covid could go that way too.OK old people die off ,is that what people think is a cure ? Get rid of the old and everything will be OK ? . it don't work like that
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 28, 2020, 4:45 pm

papafarang wrote:
July 28, 2020, 4:41 pm
Any vaccine will only be partially effective ,plus it will speed up covids evolution ,it will mutate faster . the 1918 flu attacked the young and fit. Covid could go that way too.OK old people die off ,is that what people think is a cure ? Get rid of the old and everything will be OK ? . it don't work like that
You have a point, the vaccine for common flu rarely suffices two years on the trot because the virus mutates so quickly, I’m fast coming to the opinion that we will have to run with the ball and take our chances, I’ve yet to come across a person who is happy with the thought of living the rest of their lives living the “new norm”, I’m not sure what the alternative is (will be).

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » July 29, 2020, 12:44 pm

vincemunday wrote:
July 28, 2020, 12:39 pm
🔸128 still in hospital ‬
🔸58 dead (+0)‬

ok being ignored is normal for me on here but i would like somebody on here who seem to know it all to explain to me how they get these figures when there is no testing ? There is no hospital outside Bangkok who can do the tests and those who can charge a lot of money even for sick people.
Not hard just explain why you think only 58 deaths when they do not test non sick people . sick people or dead people ? Where do you get your accurate info from or are you just hoping its true

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 29, 2020, 6:30 pm

dragonz wrote:
July 29, 2020, 12:44 pm
vincemunday wrote:
July 28, 2020, 12:39 pm
🔸128 still in hospital ‬
🔸58 dead (+0)‬

ok being ignored is normal for me on here but i would like somebody on here who seem to know it all to explain to me how they get these figures when there is no testing ? There is no hospital outside Bangkok who can do the tests and those who can charge a lot of money even for sick people.
Not hard just explain why you think only 58 deaths when they do not test non sick people . sick people or dead people ? Where do you get your accurate info from or are you just hoping its true
Vince has been happily reposting Govt Info for our perusal , questions as to the validity of the figures, please address the Thai Govt they will probably tell you to bugger off as I am.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”